View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #16961
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    This isn't a poll for what you want to happen.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Not to dig up old posts but I was curious if I had actually answered the poll as intended (i.e. what you *think* will happen rather than what you *want* to happen); but to be a stickler, in bartender language "What'll it be?" does in fact mean what do you want, not what do you think i'm going to serve you :P

    *cough* Sorry, as you were #

    (I'm fucking awful at wording polls properly)
    Hmm, yes. I think we established that about 5 minutes after the poll. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to edit polls much like I can't edit the title. You should see my posts, before I re-edit them sometimes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Up The Gary View Post
    I remember being here when they voted leave and those that voted leave were slammed by people here...interesting poll results eh?
    I remember us slamming those idiots with a pretty accurate prediction of what is happening today.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  2. #16962
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Hmm, yes. I think we established that about 5 minutes after the poll. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to edit polls much like I can't edit the title. You should see my posts, before I re-edit them sometimes.
    Naa, that was the last straw, I'm writing you off as a EUbot shitposter from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.

  3. #16963
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Actually I just saw a video about that that said the native English were wiped out (that wasn't the whole of England though) which was confirmed by genetic tests.

    I think it was this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1tldPrQ_AY

    Not going to watch it again to confirm though.

    Enough of this back on topic.
    I watched through it and whilst the video does say the same as you I think they're using out of date information. The majority of English DNA comes from pre-Roman settlers. Anglo-Saxons had the biggest effect of any subsequent invaders but even in the areas where they were most dominant they only account for 40% of a person's genome. Researchers believe that showed more signs of settling and mixing with the locals than eliminating and replacing.

  4. #16964
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Naa, that was the last straw, I'm writing you off as a EUbot shitposter from now on.
    Hey, who're you calling a EUbot!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  5. #16965
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That's a slightly bigger effect than I last read about, but this is something that is often adjusted as they refine their methods. However getting back to the point @Maklor originally made;

    “[Our results] suggest that at least 20% of the genetic makeup in this area is from Anglo-Saxon migrants, and that there was mixing,” said Robinson. “It is not genocide or complete disappearance of Britons.”
    But the Britons were Celtic, they weren't indigenous to the British Isles either. They replaced earlier peoples, who I doubt these kinds of genetic tests can identify. Because they're doing this analysis by comparing modern populations, and the original inhabitants of Britain don't have a modern genetic analogue that we know of. In fact I don't know if we really know who those people were at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  6. #16966
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    In fact I don't know if we really know who those people were at all.
    Druids mate. Pissed off to Atlantis after leaving a brand new Stonehenge to remember them by.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.

  7. #16967
    Quote Originally Posted by toastmasta View Post
    Would that be the genetic tests which were thoroughly discredited recently and publicly in the news?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes and liberal apologists for the status quo will be picking up the Independent and the Guardian, which are morphing into the Daily Mail with their daily predictions of brexit apocalypse. You aren't special, you are just told what to think what to think by a different group of bastards.
    Actually thats where you're wrong because I don't believe what either side says but I'd rather go with the lesser evils than support an racist and bigoted view.

  8. #16968
    Quote Originally Posted by toastmasta View Post

    Another thing: hatred towards the British is a form of racism. Perhaps not as ugly as hatred towards ethnic minorites because we are not a protected class, but the amount of racist filth directed towards the British at the moment is way out of line-it wouldn't be acceptable directed towards any other race and it isn't here. If you hate this country so much, fine, go to your partner's country and good luck to you, but you'll find identical levels of populism and racism everywhere, only this time it will be directed at you personally.
    This is a hilarous read! Brits whining abort racism! Golden!

  9. #16969
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    5,762
    Quote Originally Posted by toastmasta View Post
    It is "hilarious" and "about" not "abort" which has a very different meaning.

    Google translate exists. It isn't perfect but it is much better than your attempts at English which cannot be understood.
    because you never ever made typos on any online forum posts , emails or tweets you ever sent.
    You are right, it's "hilarious" and "about", but come on man, arguing grammar is like, the last line of defense, when you don't have any good arguments left.

  10. #16970
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    because you never ever made typos on any online forum posts , emails or tweets you ever sent.
    You are right, it's "hilarious" and "about", but come on man, arguing grammar is like, the last line of defense, when you don't have any good arguments left.
    What kind of argument do you expect in response to message like this?

    "Sir, your derision of British plight does not diminish hatred and racism British people have to face here, as shown by those examples, with many more available"?

  11. #16971
    Quote Originally Posted by toastmasta View Post
    You obviously don't look outside of a handful of mainstream liberal sources for your information, it is reflected in your language and your arguments.

    Looking through your posting profile you actually seem to be very bigoted, despite what you say. About 50% of everything you write could literally come from a Daily Mail article, if it wasn't actually rejected for being too extreme:

    You’ll find a lot of these people who are screaming poverty is because they had a cut in their benefits and haven’t worked a day in their life now realise they cannot live the life of luxury they are used too all I can say is good lazy fuckers need to earn a living not spit out a few kids then get everything handed to them on a silver platter.

    So we've stepped into a time of being white is bad mmmmkay.

    People in this day are so special and self entitled it makes me hate humanity even more and I work in HEALTHCARE.

    he's on benefits he doesnt know what hes talking about, he probably believed the big red bus.

    I contribute to the country and no I'm still making preparations cars to sell and such you know because I OWN all my shit unlike scrubs like you who are up to their eyeballs in debt or buried deeps in finance nice life choices there by the way champ


    I defy anybody to claim the above (and there's tons more of this shit in her profile) couldn't have come from a Mail article, at least after it had been put into comprehensible English.

    Another thing: hatred towards the British is a form of racism. Perhaps not as ugly as hatred towards ethnic minorites because we are not a protected class, but the amount of racist filth directed towards the British at the moment is way out of line-it wouldn't be acceptable directed towards any other race and it isn't here. If you hate this country so much, fine, go to your partner's country and good luck to you, but you'll find identical levels of populism and racism everywhere, only this time it will be directed at you personally.
    You're right I despise Brexiteers and you'll find they are the misinformed ones yet again blaming immigration and yeah I don't like being British if given the opportunity I would relinquish the embarrassment that comes with being one, Little Britain can be little britain if it wants to be, just leave me out of it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    What kind of argument do you expect in response to message like this?

    "Sir, your derision of British plight does not diminish hatred and racism British people have to face here, as shown by those examples, with many more available"?
    The British deserve everything they get all they are is just a bunch of Isolationists well the Brexiteer ones anyway the others are fine.

  12. #16972
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    You're right I despise Brexiteers and you'll find they are the misinformed ones yet again blaming immigration and yeah I don't like being British if given the opportunity I would relinquish the embarrassment that comes with being one, Little Britain can be little britain if it wants to be, just leave me out of it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The British deserve everything they get all they are is just a bunch of Isolationists well the Brexiteer ones anyway the others are fine.
    It's hard to remind yourself that you need to be able to talk to them once all of this is over. And this is me having some distance. I can't imagine how it will be in England itself, where you meet these people. Although, I read somewhere that Brexiteers rarely out themselves publically.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  13. #16973
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's hard to remind yourself that you need to be able to talk to them once all of this is over. And this is me having some distance. I can't imagine how it will be in England itself, where you meet these people. Although, I read somewhere that Brexiteers rarely out themselves publically.
    They generally don’t but you get some of the olders being absolutely proud of what they’re doing stopping yourself from wiping their smug grins is hard daily ongoing task.

    I’m generally not a violent person but Brexiteers spouting pride makes my blood boil.

    Anyway by 3rd May I’ll no longer be in England 2 weeks left of my notice to go after this week then 10 days to settle everything up and leave I cannot wait to put this behind me.
    Last edited by Serenity River; 2019-03-31 at 12:15 PM.

  14. #16974
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    They generally don’t but you get some of the olders being absolutely proud of what they’re doing stopping yourself from wiping their smug grins is hard daily ongoing task.

    I’m generally not a violent person but Brexiteers spouting pride makes my blood boil.

    Anyway by 3rd May I’ll no longer be in England 2 weeks left of my notice to go after this week then 10 days to settle everything up and leave I cannot wait to put this behind me.
    Heck, some people would like to move there for the fjords alone. But you've got an actual reason! Interestingly, it looks like you'll be enjoying two weeks of British "independence" before leaving then. Let us know how that goes.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  15. #16975
    Quote Originally Posted by toastmasta View Post
    They come across like everyone else until you start talking politics. They aren't monsters or anything-the ones I know are actually better people than most remainers in most other ways.
    I wouldn't know, the main contacts I have are business contacts. Naturally, they are a bit more pro-EU, since they actually know what the EU does for them, ie. doing trade with us. Granted, some on here may think that's not a desireable thing, but funnily our business partners don't agree.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  16. #16976
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Heck, some people would like to move there for the fjords alone. But you've got an actual reason! Interestingly, it looks like you'll be enjoying two weeks of British "independence" before leaving then. Let us know how that goes.
    The whole British independence scares me but yeah I’ll still frequent mmo-c.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by toastmasta View Post
    They come across like everyone else until you start talking politics. They aren't monsters or anything-the ones I know are actually better people than most remainers in most other ways.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Well they've been brainwashed daily for decades by the newspapers about the EU is evil incarnate. It is hardly surprising. Blame the organ grinder, not the monkeys.
    Oh I know but it’s still frustrating to see people be so gullible and led to their own demise so easily .

  17. #16977
    Bloodsail Admiral Snorkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,045
    I wouldn't be surprised if after leaving (if we even leave) there will be a campaign to rejoin and it'll be successful. Except we'll not get the same deal we had previously and join the Euro.

    And I doubt people like Farage/JRM etc would even care. They'll make their money when we crash out and that'll be that, they'll skulk off into the shadows.

  18. #16978
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if after leaving (if we even leave) there will be a campaign to rejoin and it'll be successful. Except we'll not get the same deal we had previously and join the Euro.

    And I doubt people like Farage/JRM etc would even care. They'll make their money when we crash out and that'll be that, they'll skulk off into the shadows.
    Why skulk off when you have an opportunity to make more money while rejoining? See, these criminals don't care which way stuff goes, but whenever you have a monumental shift in the economy, there is opportunity to make money. Their only goal is to shake things up and destabilise stuff, preferably in a way that they can predict.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  19. #16979
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    4,779
    1st of april tomorrow, what jokes will our beloved House of Commons come up with ?

  20. #16980
    They ought to just vote something binding through and then have everybody sit and wonder if this was an April-fools joke gone wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •