View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #17101
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    Theresa needs to put her deal or no deal to a vote in parliament and that's the end of it. Stop all this fucking around. Brexit won, the house voted to trigger article 50 and the government have done what they can to get the best deal. You either take the deal or live with the consequences.
    I'm convinced that they would manage to get no majority even in a two-choice vote... This accomplishes nothing.

  2. #17102
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    Theresa needs to put her deal or no deal to a vote in parliament and that's the end of it. Stop all this fucking around. Brexit won, the house voted to trigger article 50 and the government have done what they can to get the best deal. You either take the deal or live with the consequences.
    Theresa May's deal has been voted on and rejected 3 times already.

    Putting the same deal up again for a 4th vote is not the answer.

  3. #17103
    Legendary! Zelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    6,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The EU isn't denying an extension out of spite. That is an outright lie. In case you hadn't noticed, you are in an extension already.
    that's what the post I replied to was suggesting to do though??

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    You had 3 years. Three. And the EU isn't hesitant to further extensions out of pure joy for causing havok, there are elections on a very near horizon the UK would have to take part in, although they don't really have any business in doing so anymore. But the laws would require it. Also: THREE years.
    sorry how many years has it been? Please, continue to talk to me like I'm an idiot.

  4. #17104
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    sorry how many years has it been? Please, continue to talk to me like I'm an idiot.
    It has been three years, in numbers: 3. Not 2, nor 4, not even π, but 3 years. One might think of three as a fluid amount, but scientists around the globe mostly agree that the value of 3 tends to be very firmly fixed at three exactly. So three it has been - years, that is.

  5. #17105
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Theresa May's deal has been voted on and rejected 3 times already.

    Putting the same deal up again for a 4th vote is not the answer.
    It’s been voted against because they all have it in their heads that there’s other alternatives. Take away the alternatives. Make it her deal or no deal. The only other option is to have a third round of votes on these alternative proposals that aren’t achieving a majority.

    All of them are playing chicken thinking the longer they leave it the more chance they have of getting what they want but the reality is it makes no deal more likely.

  6. #17106
    Merely a Setback Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having tea with a scary jester
    Posts
    25,244
    dunno if its been posted yet, but:



    Sargon/Carl's come a long way, from simple youtuber, to advocate and serious public speaker.

  7. #17107
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    that's what the post I replied to was suggesting to do though??
    Yes, perhaps. But that is not the stance of the EU. It's the stance of the EU's frustrated citizens.
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.

  8. #17108
    Epic!
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dual US/Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    that's what the post I replied to was suggesting to do though??
    Saying enough is enough and letting the UK crash out isn't a spiteful action. It's a recognition of the fact that the UK is incapable of coming to a decision, and their failure has been and is continuing to impact everyone else. The UK KNEW that they had a deadline, they are the ones that initiated it to begin with. They know that there are EU elections coming up. It is not spiteful to say that the UK cannot live in a perpetual state of both in the EU and leaving the EU, it's an unworkable scenario.

    sorry how many years has it been? Please, continue to talk to me like I'm an idiot.
    Perhaps if you would stop blaming the EU for your own government's actions then people would be less likely to feel the need to point out what your own government's actions were.

  9. #17109
    Legendary! Zelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    6,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Saying enough is enough and letting the UK crash out isn't a spiteful action. It's a recognition of the fact that the UK is incapable of coming to a decision, and their failure has been and is continuing to impact everyone else. The UK KNEW that they had a deadline, they are the ones that initiated it to begin with. They know that there are EU elections coming up. It is not spiteful to say that the UK cannot live in a perpetual state of both in the EU and leaving the EU, it's an unworkable scenario.



    Perhaps if you would stop blaming the EU for your own government's actions then people would be less likely to feel the need to point out what your own government's actions were.
    I've never blamed the eu for the government's actions? I criticised the attitude of a couple of posters on here and now you've all got upset and imagined my position on a government which I would actually quite gladly see ran out of parliament.

  10. #17110
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Sargon/Carl's come a long way, from simple youtuber, to advocate and serious public speaker.
    "Serious public speaker" at a UKIP/Tommy Robinson rally
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-04-01 at 10:52 PM.

  11. #17111
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I've never blamed the eu for the government's actions? I criticised the attitude of a couple of posters on here and now you've all got upset and imagined my position on a government which I would actually quite gladly see ran out of parliament.
    Do you think it's fair to criticise the attitude of posters like this? The UK unilaterally decided to do something that affects all of us negatively. We begged them, we argued with them and we did everything legal we can do to talk them out of it, yet they unilaterally put this bullshit on all of us. And they unilaterally fail to bring this to an end in a timely fashion.

    You do not get to point fingers and accuse EU citizens of a bad attitude. You just don't. Point at your own Government. But don't act all surprised when the rest of the EU is full of people getting sick of this shitshow preventing us from doing business. Do you have an idea how many investments and business strategies involving UK assets or businesses are put on hold at the moment? We're in limbo as much as you are. And unlike you, we can't even do anything about it in the next elections.
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.

  12. #17112
    Legendary! Zelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    6,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    dunno if its been posted yet, but:

    [video=youtu]beardy fash[/video]

    Sargon/Carl's come a long way, from simple youtuber, to advocate and serious public speaker.
    he's certainly simple

  13. #17113
    Titan Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    14,735
    People blaming the EU while the UK was unable to form a consensus on anything and after granting olive branch after olive branch while their PM and brexit ministers often showed up empty handed to the negotiation table.

    The EU has spoiled the UK for too long so I at that people are right they should have treated the UK more evenly like the other members and this might not have never happened.

  14. #17114
    Legendary! Zelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    6,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Do you think it's fair to criticise the attitude of posters like this? The UK unilaterally decided to do something that affects all of us negatively. We begged them, we argued with them and we did everything legal we can do to talk them out of it, yet they unilaterally put this bullshit on all of us. And they unilaterally fail to bring this to an end in a timely fashion.

    You do not get to point fingers and accuse EU citizens of a bad attitude. You just don't. Point at your own Government. But don't act all surprised when the rest of the EU is full of people getting sick of this shitshow preventing us from doing business. Do you have an idea how many investments and business strategies involving UK assets or businesses are on hold at the moment? We're in limbo as much as you are. And unlike you, we can't even do anything about it in the next elections.
    Why's it my fault that the UK government has acted in the way it has? I didn't vote for a fucking tory. I can throw the same back at you and blame all the ills of the European Union on you but I won't because that's ridiculous. You don't seem to realise that forcing the UK into a no deal brexit (by denying an extension which is the suggestion I was replying to) means the EU is also at fault.

  15. #17115
    The funny thing is, even May's deal wouldn't solve anything.

    It just delays all the painful and impossible decisions, so when the end of 2020 approaches all this shit could restart again.

    Meanwhile the UK would be out of the EU, have no say in any of its decisions, but still pay, still be (partially) subject to its jurisdiction, etc.

    What a bad joke.

  16. #17116
    Merely a Setback Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having tea with a scary jester
    Posts
    25,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    he's certainly simple
    oh thats a sweet burn. really thought of that one didn't you

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    People blaming the EU while the UK was unable to form a consensus on anything and after granting olive branch after olive branch while their PM and brexit ministers often showed up empty handed to the negotiation table.

    The EU has spoiled the UK for too long so I at that people are right they should have treated the UK more evenly like the other members and this might not have never happened.
    I mean, its so easy when you only take your outlook into account.
    Eu Good, Brexit Bad, Orange Man Bad!

  17. #17117
    Legendary! Zelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    6,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh thats a sweet burn. really thought of that one didn't you

    - - - Updated - - -



    I mean, its so easy when you only take your outlook into account.
    It's not hard to make fun of a man who gets tired halfway through reading a 1000 word article and decides to guess what the rest says instead of reading it

  18. #17118
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Why's it my fault that the UK government has acted in the way it has? I didn't vote for a fucking tory. I can throw the same back at you and blame all the ills of the European Union on you but I won't because that's ridiculous. You don't seem to realise that forcing the UK into a no deal brexit (by denying an extension which is the suggestion I was replying to) means the EU is also at fault.
    Nobody blamed you, did they? All they're saying is they're sick of the UK Government stalling what seems to be inevitable. And inevitably bad for us. If the UK wants to damage itself and us in the process, they should not dilly dally around and do it, so we can take the hit and know what's what.

    We do sympathize with every Briton who feels betrayed and cheated by their own Government, but ultimately, we cannot help you, can we? You're not our responsibility and beyond a few empty words on an internet forum, there is not much we can do for you.

    And the EU isn't "forcing" the UK into a no deal Brexit. The no deal Brexit is what the UK asked for. Read A50. All treaties cease to apply. If all you wanted was more exceptions, you should have asked for them. But surely you cannot blame the EU for the UK triggering A50. That's like me punching you in the face and then blaming you for my hand hurting afterwards. It's all backwards.

    The extensions that you get are not your right. You are not entitled to them. The one that you are already enjoying is due to the EU handing you an olive branch, being nice. Doing all the EU can to help you. But at some point the EU is really responsible to look out for the interests of its member states. Not yours. You are, by definition, not part of the EU for the sake of the withdrawal process. Don't look to the EU to fix your problems for you any longer. You need to stop this. The only party you can address regarding this is the UK Government and UK Parliament.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I mean, its so easy when you only take your outlook into account.
    Eu Good, Brexit Bad, Orange Man Bad!
    The UK wanted to get rid of EU influence. What you just posted? That's the UK without the EU's influence. I'm really, really not sure what your point is. This is what the Brexiteers wanted. The EU is just obliging the democratic wish of the UK electorate. As stupid as it may be.
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.

  19. #17119
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,093
    I wish people would stop referring to the UK as if we voted almost unanimously to leave, and not as it were merely 52:48.

    It's a country where your chances of finding a leaver instead of a remainer are almost as likely as being able to accurately call the result of a coin flip.

  20. #17120
    Titan Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    14,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh thats a sweet burn. really thought of that one didn't you

    - - - Updated - - -



    I mean, its so easy when you only take your outlook into account.
    Eu Good, Brexit Bad, Orange Man Bad!
    I already went into depts why a hard brexit might be good long term for the political systems of both the EU and the UK. And how ecomically it is bad.

    So try harder when you attempt to put words in my mouth. Or at least bother to reply to what I wrote. Nowhere did I oversimplify it.

    But hey I bet your salty about something else but honestly I don't care for you to explain what you actually meant if that's your initial reply.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •