View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I honestly have no idea what I should be rooting for at this point. I wanted the EU to take a harder stance but at the same time that just gives food to the far right.
    Exactly why Brexit needs all the extensions it can get - so it can end with a whimper.

I disagree that business should be happy. The extension solves nothing. It just prolongs uncertainty and keeps delaying investment. Better to take the damage and then let business decide how they want to invest. Even the damage itself will be an opportunity for investment. But just waiting means we are mainly seeing increased stocks and accumulated cash flows and in essence, utility taken out of society to prepare for the inevitable shock.
    Well, I meant the people working at businesses. I know the contacts I deal with pretty much signed with relief. On Wednesday they didn't know what was going to happen today. So for them it's a bit of a breather. But you're right of course, it doesn't solve anything and we'll have the same tension in fall. I agree, this was the wrong decision.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I'm confused, did the UK leave the EU yet?
    Yes and Half Life 3 is on Steam.

Even that is not a relief; at ANY given day the UK can choose to break this extension and leave.
    Yeah, but I think it's safe to assume that it won't happen on a moment's notice.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are you helping him derail? Seriously, ask him for turnip recipes in PMs if you have to.
    Because I was bored and wanted to have a laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah, but I think it's safe to assume that it won't happen on a moment's notice.
    My partner works in logistics for a steel company, she had a very boring start to the week with everyone waiting to set up deliveries into Europe; and now as expected they've got to smash through a weeks work in 2 days, but hey, at least it's still moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    My partner works in logistics for a steel company, she had a very boring start to the week with everyone waiting to set up deliveries into Europe; and now as expected they've got to smash through a weeks work in 2 days, but hey, at least it's still moving.
    We're lucky in that we're a bit insulatead from normal market rules. We can't just stop doing stuff for a while. We'll be one of the few that plough through whatever is coming whenever it's coming.

And the incompetence of some British companies is really much worse than anything a no-deal could do. Put it this way, disruption of service due to British "business practices" are normal. Brexit? Wouldn't change all that much, tbh. Main reason for people cancelling orders is unrealiability of service, not Brexit.

We're lucky in that we're a bit insulatead from normal market rules. We can't just stop doing stuff for a while. We'll be one of the few that plough through whatever is coming whenever it's coming.

And the incompetence of some British companies is really much worse than anything a no-deal could do. Put it this way, disruption of service due to British "business practices" are normal. Brexit? Wouldn't change all that much, tbh. Main reason for people cancelling orders is unrealiability of service, not Brexit.
    Well, I mean, it's a Spanish company but I get what you're saying
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Farage's new vanity project is off to a good start!

https://thebrexitparty.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post

People choosing not clicking this link because Farage is a boring racist turd - you might enjoy it

10+ Year Old Account
    I applaud anyone who replies to Dribbles' garbage.

Brexit Party website is a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    People choosing not clicking this link because Farage is a boring racist turd - you might enjoy it
    Not gonna lie I was apprehensive

I repeat my question, where did remain lie?

Now, let's rip apart your "response":

It's an article from 2016. The £350 million a week is a really sketchy napkin math exaggeration, ignoring the money that flows back in return. We do know the difference between gross and net, that's why remainers have pointed out that leavers are using semantics to obfuscate the issue. See, you say X amount is coming back, but when you're told it's not X, it's X-Y, you pretend you meant that all along. No, you don't. As long as nobody points it out, you're happy to lie by omission. The money is not being spent on the NHS as we know now. It could be spent on it, but it will not be spent on it. As we know now. As we predicted back then. Again, this is the leave side obfuscating reality and then going "Oh yeah, well, we could, so what we said was technically correct." Yes, but also - again - lying by omission.
    It's not even semantics, £350m a week to Brussels is a full-blown lie. The rebate is taken off before our contributions so in 2016 it was more like £250m a week gross. When you include the money that comes back to the UK to pay for farm subsidies and Wales etc. our net contribution falls to around £150ish million .

15+ Year Old Account

Ha. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I'm rather glad UK didn't leave now as I wouldn't want the whole mess affect our elections on Sunday. Though maybe some idiot "euroskeptics" think EU is forcing the extensions rather than UK's parlaments incompetence. Regardless of it happeing those types would have believed EU is at fault so maybe it doesn't matter.

12/10 website will read again.

rofl sometimes I just love how the british can troll better than the rest of them.

Though in serious mode, he did seem to get Reese-Mogg's younger sister as a face of the party. More smugness for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Though in serious mode, he did seem to get Reese-Mogg's younger sister as a face of the party
    Nothing says anti-elite like joining the Conservative party age 5 and failing twice to be elected as a Conservative MP

Though to be fair, at least she didn't lose to a dolphin in one of those elections like her new party leader
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-04-12 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Nothing says anti-elite like joining the Conservative party age 5 and failing twice to be elected as a Conservative MP

Though to be fair, at least she didn't lose to a dolphin in one of those elections like her new party leader
    What I want to know is what was he expecting when running against Bercow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    What I want to know is what was he expecting when running against Bercow.
    The same thing that turd always expects whenever he does anything - media coverage to "enhance" his own profile.