View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #17861
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I like it that that's the way you think but it a false assumption that the brexit party will steal primarily Tory votes.
    Except it's not an assumption - its literally what the polling data is saying. Or do you think -10 is less of a drop vs -3?

    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You may not like the figures, but more than 60% of Labour constituencies voted for Brexit.
    But as we also know, a very large number of the people who voted leave in those constituencies did not vote for Labour in the GE, so your argument falls over immediately.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-04-11 at 11:52 AM.

  2. #17862
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Why are you celebrating this? They will take voters primarily from the Tories. Which means the Tories will have less chance of getting a majority. The Tories are the only party with even the slightest intention of carrying out anything more than a BINO. You are literally cheering the death of your dream.

    Your lack of understanding is turning you into a parody.
    Time to bring back the 350m NHS bus.

  3. #17863
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    off topic about the banking system



    You kinda have to burn it down to change, tho. Our banking system is a fractional reserve system, to change the system you'd have to get rid of it which pretty much means burning the system down. Look up "Giralgeldschöpfung", but a bit deeper than the wikipedia article. Try something like this book.
    There are ways other than fire to get rid of something.

  4. #17864
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Except it's not an assumption - its literally what the polling data is saying. Or do you think -10 is less of a drop vs -3?


    But as we also know, a very large number of the people who voted leave in those constituencies did not vote for Labour in the GE, so your argument falls over immediately.
    80% + of the electorate voted for parties who promised Brexit in their manifesto at the GE. The figures are the figures, no getting away from them.

    They have all been betrayed. Other than the now extreme UKIP there is only one new sanctuary for them. And it is not the Lib Dems.

    You will see in a few weeks at the EU elections....I can picture it now can you? The grinning smile of a man with a pint and a fag in his hand after the results across all the media and on every front page.

  5. #17865
    I like how Dribs is pissed off because yesterday no-deal died.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  6. #17866
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    People don't turn 80 and suddenly hate the EU.
    Then how do you explain dribbs?

  7. #17867
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    80% + of the electorate voted for parties who promised Brexit in their manifesto at the GE. The figures are the figures, no getting away from them.
    Still arguing that everyone who voted for Labour wants Brexit delivered, when all polling shows that a majority of Labour voters and party members want to either revoke article 50 or have a people's vote to resolve the issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You will see in a few weeks at the EU elections....I can picture it now can you? The grinning smile of a man with a pint and a fag in his hand after the results across all the media and on every front page.
    UKIP got 27% of the vote in 2014, current polling has UKIP + the Brexit party combined on 18% vs revoke and remain parties on 20%.



    If you want to celebrate your share of the vote dropping by 1/3 (even more then that in reality when UKIP are competing against the Brexit party for the racist vote) then go right ahead and enjoy that. People like me who have never really bothered with EU elections previously will now absolutely be voting in every single one we can against your lazy timewasting racist crowd, so good luck ever getting close to 27% again.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-04-11 at 12:23 PM.

  8. #17868
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You will see in a few weeks at the EU elections....I can picture it now can you? The grinning smile of a man with a pint and a fag in his hand after the results across all the media and on every front page.
    Traditionally turnout for EP elections has always been low and they tend to attract voters at the more extreme ends of the spectrum, hence UKIP's relative success in the EP compared to their abject failure in UK elections. I think it's it possible that there will be more interest the elections this time around but it is likely that they will not offer many answers as to how voters will vote in a GE.

  9. #17869
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    15,313
    Well now it's on the Brits to show the EU how much they really want to stay in come next election. Considering how many here claim it is a large group.

    I am prepared for another excuse in the same light of well the Brits really don't protest as a people but now more well the Brits don't really vote as a people.

    Rather ironic that of the brexiteers are now asking for votes to boycott the EU while at the same time claiming it's undemocratic, really not the brightest bunch those leavers.

  10. #17870
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    20,509
    "the EU is undemocratic!"

    Why? What are they asking of you now?

    "They're asking us to vote!"

    ¿qué?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

    A bunch of times actually.

  11. #17871
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    "the EU is undemocratic!"

    Why? What are they asking of you now?

    "They're asking us to vote!"

    ¿qué?
    How about "they are asking us to vote at the step that has least influence on final outcome"?

  12. #17872
    Hey @dribbles, is your clock broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    How about "they are asking us to vote at the step that has least influence on final outcome"?
    Not like new EU laws have to pass through the parliament or anything. nope, not at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I like it that that's the way you think but it a false assumption that the brexit party will steal primarily Tory votes. You may not like the figures, but more than 60% of Labour constituencies voted for Brexit. The Labour opposition in conjunction with the Conservatives have collectively failed their electorate.

    Why not your good self be a part of the future? Instead of hankering after the past, get with the programme and join the only party who will unify the splits in the Labour party and those of the Tories.

    See you at the rally, watch the future unfurl before your eyes, you know it makes sense!
    Left-wing labour voters are not gonna switch to a hard right party lol
    Conservatism and its off-shoots are the most rotten idealogies to ever exist in human history.

    Anarcho-communism =/ Stalinism.

  13. #17873
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Left-wing labour voters are not gonna switch to a hard right party lol
    Eh, class consciousness is not what it used to be. Not many expected the industrial proletariat to vote for Trump, either.

  14. #17874
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Eh, class consciousness is not what it used to be. Not many expected the industrial proletariat to vote for Trump, either.
    Most of the people working in those industries do not vote at all, but that is more of an US problem with voter turn-out.
    Conservatism and its off-shoots are the most rotten idealogies to ever exist in human history.

    Anarcho-communism =/ Stalinism.

  15. #17875
    To those talking about younger voters, especially those who couldn't vote first time round, getting their say now in a second referendum, do we have any reason to assume that they actually would vote in numbers comparable to the over 60s??
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    crazy people gonna have there dog put down for rape after they hump there leg
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    feminists they always look like a hippo thats rolled in dogshit and then hit with a nuclear weapon and lived

  16. #17876
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    To those talking about younger voters, especially those who couldn't vote first time round, getting their say now in a second referendum, do we have any reason to assume that they actually would vote in numbers comparable to the over 60s??
    Not a chance
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.

  17. #17877
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    Who is better? The Tory party has a roster of senior MPs that ranges from powerfully incompetent to frustratingly idiotic, Labour has no real option outside Corbyn himself, the LibDems are a nothingness.

    That leaves us the corporate fantasists in the Independent Group, the frothing racists now running UKIP, the bullshit merchant extraordinaire Farage?

    What a fucking shit show.
    Who would have guessed governing via monty python sketch is a bad idea.

  18. #17878
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,681
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Not a chance
    I'm not so sure. The effects of apathy played out in 2016, the lessons learned were clearly shown in the 2018 midterms, I can't see why this would be any different.

  19. #17879
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I'm not so sure. The effects of apathy played out in 2016, the lessons learned were clearly shown in the 2018 midterms, I can't see why this would be any different.
    I was thinking it was more that there are a LOT more over 60s than there are 16-18 year olds, or rather people who were under 18 last referrendum who are now 18. I could be wrong of course, but it would take a lot of older people deciding not to vote before that bracket of 2ish years is bigger than the entirety of the over 60s population.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.

  20. #17880
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,681
    They'd be between 18 and 21.

    There's enough of them to flip the result. Even if it's just 50.1 to 49.9

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •