View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I was thinking it was more that there are a LOT more over 60s than there are 16-18 year olds, or rather people who were under 18 last referrendum who are now 18. I could be wrong of course, but it would take a lot of older people deciding not to vote before that bracket of 2ish years is bigger than the entirety of the over 60s population.
    The growing elderly population is a problem in that regard. My worry is even if the numbers were there, apathy would take over. I am not sure of the % of younger voters who took part in 2016, I seem to remember Sky News citing a figure of around 34% turnout, and that certainly didn't appear to be challenged at the time, but I fully accept that this could be way off.
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    crazy people gonna have there dog put down for rape after they hump there leg
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    feminists they always look like a hippo thats rolled in dogshit and then hit with a nuclear weapon and lived

Pit Lord
    great, now we're stuck with those monkeys who can't come to any agreement at all, sigh.
    As if they are going to get anything done in the new extension they've got, and then the EU is going to give then ANOTHER extension.

APSDIOFOHOp'weigfghbp'¨WIEGHB¨'PIwerhbgpo'ïWEAEGBEH'POÏAEDSDFBG uuuuuuurgh =A=

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You mean the overspending that the remain side carried out by spending millions sending every household in the UK a glossy brochure?

https://assets.publishing.service.go...for-the-uk.pdf

That one there? I agree despicable, if only the leave side had equal resources, who knows how wide the gap between leave and remain would have been.
    The government was required by the law that enabled the referendum in the first place to publish that brochure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    great, now we're stuck with those monkeys who can't come to any agreement at all, sigh.
    As if they are going to get anything done in the new extension they've got, and then the EU is going to give then ANOTHER extension.

APSDIOFOHOp'weigfghbp'¨WIEGHB¨'PIwerhbgpo'ïWEAEGBEH'POÏAEDSDFBG uuuuuuurgh =A=
    I HIGHLY doubt the EU will give another extension, if nothing happens in the coming 6 months France will have a rock solid case to not extend and I'm pretty sure they will be able to convince other countries to their point of view. We'll see of course, but the EU knows this situation cannot continue indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    The government was required by the law that enabled the referendum in the first place to publish that brochure.
    And you think that was fair that the remain positioned government with all its lies, money, no - my tax money, and machinery behind it campaigned for leave without giving equal succour and resource to the leave side? and then has the cheek to accuse the leave side of illegal spending? more Nonsense.

And you think that was fair that the remain positioned government with all its lies, money, no - my tax money, and machinery behind it campaigned for leave without giving equal succour and resource to the leave side? and then has the cheek to accuse the leave side of illegal spending? more Nonsense.

Guess you're stuck in the EU for another six months, bub.

Delenda Est.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Guess you're stuck in the EU for another six months, bub.
    But it was no-deal by default, it can't be another six months!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

A bunch of times actually.

They accused Leave of spending dirty money, and were proven correct, and Leave accepted their guilt. Your point about fairness was what, again?

As usual, reality has to intrude into planet dribbles. The Remain side were fined for some minor issues, certainly. But Leave were fined for a whole raft of issues with the setup of their campaign, the spending and so on. And if the referendum had been legally binding, it would have faced a challenge to its legality that would almost certainly have found it overturned. It was only the fact (I'll explain that word to you if you want, you don't seem to understand what it means) that it wasn't binding that meant it couldn't be challenged legally.

It's an interesting turn from you though. Now that you know you've lost, you are starting to whine like a child that the whole thing isn't fair. The very thing you were lambasting about Remain voters, and now the boots on the other foot that's your go-to move. I'm not sure what stage of grief you are on now, but it does feel close to the end. So chin up.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Brexophilia: The act of rubbing yourself against dead political ideas for sexual pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    But it was no-deal by default, it can't be another six months!
    He might actually have an aneurysm if Article 50 gets withdrawn.

Delenda Est.

Pro-Brexit facts... Biggest example of an Oxymoron I have seen this past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I don't know if you think making fun of your own argument somehow gives it more credibility, but you do you.
    I don't know how does length of particular rule affects one's understanding of democratic processes; clearly you think that matters, could you show your reasoning behind it?

Maybe we should dismiss all German opinions until they replaced Merkel?

Where did remain lie?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

If the hardcore brexiters wanted to brexit they have had a number of chances to do so. At each opportunity they refuse. Right now it really looks like they are looking for someway to just shovel this whole mess into a corner somewhere and forget it ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Elections in Germany are conducted in a far more legitimate and fair manner than they are in Russia, along with the press actually being free.
    That's just your opinion, clearly tainted by Western propaganda /s

There are plenty of free press available in Russia as well (not all, but enough).

But so what... How does that "fairness and legitimacy" in other country or my own country affects my understanding?
    Are you of thinking that only ones who participated in "truly legitimate and fair elections" can have any opinion on democracy?
    Is one-time enough or does it have to be reoccurring? Could you show your credentials that allow you to talk about democracy?

As we're seeing with Brexit, people can live perfectly fine without understanding systems under which they live at all.

Maybe Russia should try that if Russia wants to be considered democratic.
    Or maybe we can try something else; democracy isn't the only option, and there is really no upside to getting "recognized as democratic" on Western terms rather then our own terms.

I am Murloc!
    so the UK has 6 month to find a way to cancel Brexit without losing face now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    so the UK has 6 month to find a way to cancel Brexit without losing face now.
    Rather, the UK has 6 more months to kick the can down the road and bring May's Deal back to a vote in early October.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Where did remain lie?
    Really? Take your blinkers off matey...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mat..._12191462.html

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mat..._12191462.html
    I stopped reading your linked blog post at "The UK gives the EU a gross contribution of £350 million a week. This is not a lie,"

Seriously, after all this time....

We were told companies would leave the UK in their droves, especially in the car industry. There is no sign of this
    Er... why are you linking blatantly unicorn articles from 2016?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-04-11 at 10:42 PM.