View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #18061
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    France are not stepping away from anything Macron signed a new treaty with the UK in January 2018.
    The Sandhurst treaty from 2018 just injected another 50 millions from the UK side and commitments to speed up the processing and acceptance of unaccompanied minors.
    Brexit and the UK's stance to control immigration further might jeopardize it greatly.
    The treaty's aim was to ensure we wouldn't have another Calais jungle, as well as becoming a bigger parking lot for trucks UK-bound

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post

    I agree on that.
    Let's leave it at that and not argue on unlikely hypothetical then. It's not the place to argue on Crimea/Ukraine, and I don't think Gibraltar is anywhere close to that in scope. Spain is ill placed to play the territory card when they have 2 enclaves in Marocco, and they know it. They tried, and were told to be quiet early on.

  2. #18062
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Let's leave it at that and not argue on unlikely hypothetical then. It's not the place to argue on Crimea/Ukraine, and I don't think Gibraltar is anywhere close to that in scope. Spain is ill placed to play the territory card when they have 2 enclaves in Marocco, and they know it. They tried, and were told to be quiet early on.
    Phew. I am so glad you came around to my statement which seemed to create such controversy.

    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Ridiculous lol
    Did you have to be so long winded about it? A simple "I agree with dribbles" would have done...
    Brexiteers are the new remainers. To remain outside of the EU.

  3. #18063
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Phew. I am so glad you came around to my statement which seemed to create such controversy.



    Did you have to be so long winded about it? A simple "I agree with dribbles" would have done...
    Confused with all your alt accounts and people in your head?

  4. #18064
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Confused with all your alt accounts and people in your head?
    I think his point is: Amalaric is trolling.

    However, if you discard the confrontational tone of Amalaric's bullet points e.g., the EU will force the UK and so on, there are important points a Brexiteer should cede here.

  5. #18065
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Nope you are wrong again. Do try to keep up boy...

    The poster first said,

    effectively a declaration of war by the EU on the UK. The EU started it.

    But yes in those circumstances we would respond. Bigly.
    Of course you would, killer. We know you're just waiting for an excuse to strike. Anything for your entertainment, isn't that right, killer? Your pants wet at the thought already? I swear, your parents didn't spank you enough...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  6. #18066
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Of course you would, killer. We know you're just waiting for an excuse to strike. Anything for your entertainment, isn't that right, killer? Your pants wet at the thought already? I swear, your parents didn't spank you enough...
    I bet his parents have the last names Reese Mogg.

  7. #18067
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I think his point is: Amalaric is trolling.

    However, if you discard the confrontational tone of Amalaric's bullet points e.g., the EU will force the UK and so on, there are important points a Brexiteer should cede here.
    I don't think anybody took Amalaric's post seriously. A united ireland would be a solution but it's not going to happened (the RoI can't throw enough cash at it to keep it alive and peaceful). A Scottish referendum might happen, but who knows when. It's all vague, remote, wishful thinking. He could have added a line about Sheila, Queen of Scotts, the Usurper, Mother of Seahorses taking over the Kindgdom, and it wouldn't make it more worth discussing.
    I took offense with Dribsky and replied to Shalcksky. That's it.
    I

  8. #18068
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    France are not stepping away from anything Macron signed a new treaty with the UK in January 2018.
    I don't doubt that Macron isnt leaving the deal. However if the French gain a more Le Pen like administration after the next election, the chances of the deal getting scrapped is far more likely. Let's not forget that this deal is far more beneficial to the UK than it is to France, and in a scenario where the UK is not part of the Dublin convention, France would be in a place where they could let migrants pass through.

    In the end, "getting back control of the border" could very likely backfire tremendously.

  9. #18069
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I don't doubt that Macron isnt leaving the deal. However if the French gain a more Le Pen like administration after the next election, the chances of the deal getting scrapped is far more likely. Let's not forget that this deal is far more beneficial to the UK than it is to France, and in a scenario where the UK is not part of the Dublin convention, France would be in a place where they could let migrants pass through.

    In the end, "getting back control of the border" could very likely backfire tremendously.
    You originally claimed that it was a "pretty safe assumption" that France would not be bothered about migrant camps post Brexit and now you're going on about Le Pen??? Bizarre.
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-04-21 at 09:46 PM.

  10. #18070
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Of course you would, killer. We know you're just waiting for an excuse to strike. Anything for your entertainment, isn't that right, killer? Your pants wet at the thought already? I swear, your parents didn't spank you enough...
    You have pretty high opinion of Dribbs if you think he personally would do anything. He sounds very much like an armchair politician / part time armchair general.

  11. #18071
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    You have pretty high opinion of Dribbs if you think he personally would do anything. He sounds very much like an armchair politician / part time armchair general.
    It's not his actions that I'm commenting on, it's his attitude. He's a warmongerer and he endorses killings of innocent people. He's really a killer waiting to happen. A sociopath if ever I've seen one.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  12. #18072
    Well, it would be a pretty amazing strategy for destroying the UK utterly:

    27 capitals nuked means 27 US embassies destroyed. Tens of thousands of business-people, students and tourists - US citizens all - slaughtered with weapons of mass destruction. It would a piece of hard work for the doves in the US congress to prevent the hawks from turning London in to a glow-in-the-dark parking lot in retaliation, and just settle for total enforced disarmament and a nice war-crimes tribunal.

  13. #18073
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    Well, it would be a pretty amazing strategy for destroying the UK utterly:

    27 capitals nuked means 27 US embassies destroyed. Tens of thousands of business-people, students and tourists - US citizens all - slaughtered with weapons of mass destruction. It would a piece of hard work for the doves in the US congress to prevent the hawks from turning London in to a glow-in-the-dark parking lot in retaliation, and just settle for total enforced disarmament and a nice war-crimes tribunal.
    Let me stop you right here. This is just a mad fantasy. It will never happen. It's foolish to start talking like that. The British are our friends and they will remain our friends, whether they are in the EU or not. Killers and sociopaths like Dribbles don't matter. He's an insignificant minority. He does not represent anyone but the lunatics and anarchists.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  14. #18074
    Certainly. Just thought I'd point out that once again Dribbles didn't think through his little power fantasies.
    I have no wish to see the UK as a whole come to harm, nor for that matter most Brexiteers - history's judgement will suffice there.

  15. #18075
    Merely a Setback CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Russia that is very communist, da.
    Posts
    25,942
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Well there is a lot of radiation about this sunny bank holiday, perhaps another cucumber sandwich is in order, however...

    The poster painted a scenario whereby the EU has threatened the very existence of the UK. Do you think anyone other than our current Chamberlainesque PM would not retaliate? This window of appeasement that the EU is very lucky to have at the minute from our weak PM is closing. I hope they are prepared for whoever comes after Theresa May and are very careful about the next steps.



    It has already been proposed that it would be moved to England in advance of any Scottish separation.
    <Corbyn gets elected>

    <He turns the EU into an anarcho-communist commune>

    <Everybody now travels by Train>




    I'm I doing power fantasies the right way?
    Last edited by CommunismWillWin; 2019-04-22 at 01:40 AM.
    Joe Biden is a rapist and his supporters are rape apologists

    Capitalism is the most deadly system to ever be used in the history of humankind

  16. #18076
    So do we have any idea when we can expect anything of value to happen in this drama? Is anything scheduled for after the Easter recess?
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  17. #18077
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So do we have any idea when we can expect anything of value to happen in this drama? Is anything scheduled for after the Easter recess?
    Wouldn't expect anything of note to happen before the EU elections in about a month from now.

  18. #18078
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You originally claimed that it was a "pretty safe assumption" that France would not be bothered about migrant camps post Brexit and now you're going on about Le Pen??? Bizarre.
    My point is that migrants that leave for the UK won't be Frances problem anymore, as they would be while the UK is part of the EU. Migrant camps were an example of them being stuck in France and being France's problem regardless if they made it to the UK or not, but this will be an issue for migrants in generel.

    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8745121.html


    Add Macrons worsen public ratings and a more right orientated President isnt unimaginable. Sorry if you fail to see the bigger picture, well not sorry but /shrug.

  19. #18079
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    My point is that migrants that leave for the UK won't be Frances problem anymore, as they would be while the UK is part of the EU. Migrant camps were an example of them being stuck in France and being France's problem regardless if they made it to the UK or not, but this will be an issue for migrants in generel.

    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8745121.html


    Add Macrons worsen public ratings and a more right orientated President isnt unimaginable. Sorry if you fail to see the bigger picture, well not sorry but /shrug.
    Your point was and continues to be wrong. The current UK/France border arrangements are a result of a bilateral agreement between France and the UK which is independent of the EU and will continue regardless of the UK's EU membership until either country gives notice of its intention to cancel this agreement.

    Macron's (lack of) popularity has nothing to do with your original point nor does his ratings make your point correct. Bigger picture!?! Don't make me laugh!

  20. #18080
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Your point was and continues to be wrong. The current UK/France border arrangements are a result of a bilateral agreement between France and the UK which is independent of the EU and will continue regardless of the UK's EU membership until either country gives notice of its intention to cancel this agreement.

    Macron's (lack of) popularity has nothing to do with your original point nor does his ratings make your point correct. Bigger picture!?! Don't make me laugh!
    Highlighted where our difference in opinion lies. I'm not talking about after noon next saturday. Sending back immigrants is under the Dublin convention which is an EU law. France can cancel the Touquet agreement simply by informing the UK that it'll do so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •