View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #18061
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Actually I was reading this remain MP's tweet about the incident just prior to reading your post and my first thought was damn remainers blaming brexiteers and brexit for it.

    https://twitter.com/GeorgeFreemanMP/...93157453918209

    Apologies, I thought you were leading this topic the same way, and I intended to get in first...
    Any Brexit will undermine peace in Ireland

  2. #18062
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Any Brexit will undermine peace in Ireland
    However Brexit never caused the death of that journalist, terrorists did. We just suspend democracy because terrorists? Let them win?

  3. #18063
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    However Brexit never caused the death of that journalist, terrorists did. We just suspend democracy because terrorists? Let them win?
    Was it an issue before you started splitting the country for no reasonable reasons? Without any possible outcome besides splitting people's opinions more? You will remain attached to the EU, you will keep paying into the budget. You are just digging the divide between people without bring any workable solution. You are despicable.

  4. #18064
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    However Brexit never caused the death of that journalist, terrorists did. We just suspend democracy because terrorists? Let them win?
    I'm pretty sure that the GFA agreement came about because of democracy. But you are happy to ignore that, because for you "democracy" means "one precise point in 2016 and fuck everything else".
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Brexophilia: The act of rubbing yourself against dead political ideas for sexual pleasure.

  5. #18065
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    All on the EU. If only they hadn't weaponised the Irish border during the Brexit negotiations. What did the EU expect?
    This is evil even for your standards. Bloody disgusting.

  6. #18066
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    /snip
    Cheers… yep, ok. So - you’re saying that there would be problems but they might be limited and not command great popular support. I guess that’s positive? It's interesting to hear an informed opinion rather than speculation, which I'll freely admit I'm as guilty as anyone else is.

    Meh…. I don’t know.

    It would be rather ironic if the DUP, having spouted all this “anything for the Union” bullshit, had played a fundamental role in its downfall. A Remainer’s ultimate I Told You So: when Scotland and Northern Ireland secede.

  7. #18067
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Elizabeth Warren's BDSM dungeon.
    Posts
    46,659
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Cheers… yep, ok. So - you’re saying that there would be problems but they might be limited and not command great popular support. I guess that’s positive? It's interesting to hear an informed opinion rather than speculation, which I'll freely admit I'm as guilty as anyone else is.

    Meh…. I don’t know.

    It would be rather ironic if the DUP, having spouted all this “anything for the Union” bullshit, had played a fundamental role in its downfall. A Remainer’s ultimate I Told You So: when Scotland and Northern Ireland secede.
    > Scuttles Brexit
    > Leaves Britain

    The ultimate payback for the Potato Famine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Terf is a derogatory term that's used to silence women.

  8. #18068
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    However Brexit never caused the death of that journalist, terrorists did. We just suspend democracy because terrorists? Let them win?
    That's just filthy... disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    All on the EU. If only they hadn't weaponised the Irish border during the Brexit negotiations. What did the EU expect?
    That's just your opinion, killer.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  9. #18069
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    However Brexit never caused the death of that journalist, terrorists did. We just suspend democracy because terrorists? Let them win?
    Brexit caused the murder of Jo Cox, MP. Don't be so fucking disrespectful.

  10. #18070
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's just filthy... disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's just your opinion, killer.
    Oh do give over with your mock faux jumping on the bandwagon horror. It was an MP who attempted to blame and link it to Brexit in the first place for purely political capital. In reality terror attacks have been getting worse over the last decade.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-10866072

    And the ignorant EU and people like you are not helping one bit by poking the fire...

  11. #18071
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Oh do give over with your mock faux jumping on the bandwagon horror. It was an MP who attempted to blame and link it to Brexit in the first place for purely political capital. In reality terror attacks have been getting worse over the last decade.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-10866072

    And the ignorant EU and people like you are not helping one bit by poking the fire...
    So there hasn't been an increase in anti-immigrant sentiment in the UK since the vote and, for instance, death threats against MPs that support Remaining?

  12. #18072
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Oh do give over with your mock faux jumping on the bandwagon horror. It was an MP who attempted to blame and link it to Brexit in the first place for purely political capital. In reality terror attacks have been getting worse over the last decade.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-10866072

    And the ignorant EU and people like you are not helping one bit by poking the fire...
    Sure, killer. Whatever you say.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  13. #18073
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    All on the EU. If only they hadn't weaponised the Irish border during the Brexit negotiations. What did the EU expect?
    The amount of conspiratist theories from you is making me sad.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

  14. #18074
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    thanks for the irishsplaining angry burner, is there anything you don't know?

    you seem to be about 20 years out of date though. There is zero appetite for stuff like this.

    The idea that family on the Falls think im a seonin, hun or something is laughable.

    Sectarianism and vigilatism will always exist in places like Bogside but its more the fact that its a fucking ghetto with nothing going on. Legacy recruitment from dissidents and the political arms is declining. This kind of thing is background noise and while there would be a flare up if a hardborder turned up, its not going to be troubles level stuff. The wider community even in some of the most entrenched areas really do not want a return to violence.

    When was the last time you went to Ireland? You sound like you don't speak to many Irish people.
    Isn't there a valid concern though that the economic impact of a hard border Brexit will fan flames even worse than the border itself? Because however much a No Deal Brexit is mitigated, the worst effect will be on NI and the RoI.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  15. #18075
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    ofcourse poverty is an easy place to recruit from. the lads who did the shooting yesterday have already been given up. Would this have happened 20 years ago? Unsuprisingly they were born after the GFA. As much as Saoradh wank over the prospect of 'resistance' its has really changed.
    My fear would be that increasing poverty would be a perfect way for dissidents to radicalize a new generation.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  16. #18076
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    20,816
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    What's this, attempt #3 to get him to use his own words?

    Sadly, he has no words of his own.
    Apparently, it seems to be awfully hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

    A bunch of times actually.

  17. #18077
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Apparently, it seems to be awfully hard.
    I wouldn't hold out for an answer, honestly. At least not one that isn't someone else's words that he read somewhere.

    And those posts about someone dying... wow. He just gets worse, doesn't he?
    Often updated... ?

  18. #18078
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I wouldn't hold out for an answer, honestly. At least not one that isn't someone else's words that he read somewhere.

    And those posts about someone dying... wow. He just gets worse, doesn't he?
    Nah, he's always been a sociopathic killer. He likes bloodshed and violence. Anarchists strangely always do. Despicable.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  19. #18079
    Quote Originally Posted by jesssmart View Post
    Actually, ESTA is does not guarantee you enter the US. It is just a pre-approval that verifies that you appear to be eligible to enter the US under the Visa Waiver Program, and that you are not on some list of undesirables. You actually enter the US under the Visa Waiver Program, which is exactly what i sounds like-- waiver of the need for a visa.
    Adding to this, the EU partly aborted the TTIP negotiations because the US thought it could play nation against nation in the EU. So as long as the US doesn't recognize the EU for what it is, there won't be a trade deal of any sort. And since the EU does not have an existing agreement with the US about travel restrictions or visa waivers, the US is free to deal with each nation individually on that matter.

    That's how the EU works. But sociopathic killers aren't known for their intelligence, so no wonder they don't get it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  20. #18080
    <England leaves the EU>

    <England is forced to give Northern Ireland back to Ireland by the EU>

    <England is forced to give Gibraltar back to Spain by the EU>

    <Scotland leaves the union with England and later joins the EU>

    <Wales whines about being forced to stay in the union with England>

    <Great Britain is renamed Little Britain>
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2019-04-21 at 09:43 AM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •