View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    nothing will move until after easter recess IMHO.
    Dunno about that, someones easter has been ruined...

Theresa May BREXIT PANIC: PM cancels Easter break for negotiators to STOP Farage

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-Easter-latest

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Are you against democracy? Why don't you want people to be represented?
    Parliament starting to represent the electorate, rather than remain, would help. Wouldn't you like that? It's time MP's did as they were told...

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    What happened to the Brexit clock ticking down dribbles? Tick tock, tick tock?
    On hold until Theresa the appeaser is gone unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Uninformed and misinformed democracy is still democracy, correct.
    Democracy is democracy, what other system would you advocate for?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Parliament starting to represent the electorate, rather than remain, would help.
    Oh dear dribbles. Your memory is failing you. I've already schooled you on this one. The 17 million that voted Leave were only about 25% of the country. So you have about the right number of MPs in Parliament to represent that group. Possibly more than you should do as you are already a million down thanks to the grim reaper. And your EU polls back that up; barely 30% voting for Brexit there.

The majority aren't behind you. They are against you. And they are about to win.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

On hold until Theresa the appeaser is gone unfortunately.
    As Letwin-Cooper showed, Parliament is prepared to show its teeth and push back against a PM that they do not trust. There is a 400 vote majority against No-Deal in the House that won't change until there is a GE. If the Tories change PM, that will not change the opinion of the House, and it will not make No-Deal more likely - if anything it would lead to a repeat of the Letwin-Cooper Act passing to force the government to rule out No-Deal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Oh dear dribbles. Your memory is failing you. I've already schooled you on this one. The 17 million that voted Leave were only about 25% of the country. So you have about the right number of MPs in Parliament to represent that group. Possibly more than you should do as you are already a million down thanks to the grim reaper. And your EU polls back that up; barely 30% voting for Brexit there.

The majority aren't behind you. They are against you. And they are about to win.
    Nope at your 25% of the country nonsense, you don't vote you don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Can you explain that logic?

Every poll shows that Corbyn almost as good as certain is going to end up being Prime Minister, whose positions are very close to what parliament almost voted for: a BINO with customs union, open borders and for the UK to keep observing EU legislation... but no longer sitting at the decision making table...

Exactly how do you picture any of this being positive for brexiteers?
    If middle England ever voted commie Corbyn into power i'll eat my left testicle.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I remember us slamming those idiots with a pretty accurate prediction of what is happening today.
    Oh you mean all the scare mongering with "horror stories" that never happened or are still yet to happen?

What has happened is the betrayal of 17 million+ people and growing... that's pretty fked up, I didn't vote either because I've never trusted UK government.

Parliament starting to represent the electorate, rather than remain, would help. Wouldn't you like that? It's time MP's did as they were told...
    Parliament are doing a reasonably good job at representing the electorate over Brexit which is why they are hopelessly divided with no clear idea what they should be doing to move forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Gary View Post
    Oh you mean all the scare mongering with "horror stories" that never happened or are still yet to happen?

What has happened is the betrayal of 17 million+ people and growing... that's pretty fked up, I didn't vote either because I've never trusted UK government.
    The 17 million were betrayed by Cameron setting up a laughably inadequate referendum and the Leave campaign feeding them a bunch of lies, making their votes literally meaningless as no-one knows what they were voting for when they ticked the "Leave" box.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Parliament are doing a reasonably good job at representing the electorate over Brexit which is why they are hopelessly divided with no clear idea what they should be doing to move forward.
    No they are not. One example amongst hundreds is that 73% of the good people in Hull voted to leave the EU. And yet they have a remain MP who is doing all he can to go against the best interests and wishes of his electorate.

https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/...23616244838400

Drain the swamp!

how many people with voting rights live in Hull? How many of those voted?

No they are not. One example amongst hundreds is that 73% of the good people in Hull voted to leave the EU. And yet they have a remain MP who is doing all he can to go against the best interests and wishes of his electorate.

https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/...23616244838400

Drain the swamp!
    That's strange, Hull has a population of 284,000 and only 76,000 people voted Leave, that works out somewhere lower than 25%, where are you getting your figures from?

Also, how is it possible that a Leave voting city would elect a Remain supporting MP, is it possible they changed their mind betweem the referendum and the General Election?

So some guy has tweeted that Brexit is really just an adaptation of Wannabe by Spice Girls.

UK: Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want

EU: So tell me what you want, what you really really want

UK: I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want

EU: So tell me what you want, what you really really want

UK: I wanna...

EU: Huh?

UK: I wanna really really really wanna

EU: ???

UK: ZIGAZIG HA

EU: ...

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Are you really so desperate that you're now just repeating Trump rhetoric?
    I thought you were talking about the spice girls song for a minute there...

Nope at your 25% of the country nonsense, you don't vote you don't count.
    Why are you against a democracy? Kind of looks like you actually prefer a dictatorship instead. A healthy democracy doesn't mean you should ignore people, that is what a dictatorship is called.

How about we change the rules to if you above 65 your voice doesn't count because you will be dead within 5 to 10 years. Does that sound like a healthy decision to you?

If middle England ever voted commie Corbyn into power i'll eat my left testicle.
    I agree with you that it seems ridiculous that middle england would vote for a truly left-wing candidate. Even a decade ago you would have been laughed at for saying that.

That said, it may actually happen the way income equality is going. It seems that many middle-class people now identify with people like Corbyn where traditionally most voted for tories or liberals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That's strange, Hull has a population of 284,000 and only 76,000 people voted Leave, that works out somewhere lower than 25%, where are you getting your figures from?

Also, how is it possible that a Leave voting city would elect a Remain supporting MP, is it possible they changed their mind betweem the referendum and the General Election?
    A leave city votes for a remain MP when said disingenuous prospective MP stands on a Labour manifesto ticket to respect the decision of the referendum and then once elected does the exact opposite.

Those horror stories are happening as you make your coward burner accounts, because you're not man enough to live with the consequences of your actions. But rest assured, reality will fuck you, even if you ignore it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Here's some questions for you to think about:

What 17 million? How many of those voted to leave without a deal, when the Leave campaign stated that the UK would only leave AFTER negotiating a deal. Do you remember when the Leave campaign said they wouldn't even hand in notice to leave until they had a deal? What about the ones that believed Liam Fox, IDS and David Davies when they said they would have a deal signed and sealed before Leaving Day?

Why do you think there is an ever-growing list of multi-national corporations that have either left, or are leaving the UK?

Why do you think all those manufacturers coincidentally decided to announce they were moving operations overseas after it became clear that a deal will never be struck and the UK will be in permanent limbo between leaving and staying?

Why does British Steel need a 100M pound emergency loan from the government to cover the cost of buying emissions credits?

Why have prominent (mostly Brexiteer) MPs been moving their money out of the UK to the EU?

British scientists have been effectively excluded from bidding for EU grants for the last year and a half, as they would be due to start in 2020/21.

The lies and financial rule breaking by the Leave campaign have been confirmed in court and they admitted guilt to it.

The UK has a parliament that doesn't know what it wants (it just doesn't want a no-deal brexit and is prepared to legislate against the government to force its hand). It has a government that has no control over its party members, and cabinet members that contradict the PM in public and vote against the orders of a 3 line whip.

Nobody is investing in the UK because nobody wants to invest in an unknown quantity. Tell me how much it will cost to import 12000 tonnes of aluminium to the UK in 2022 to build aircraft fuselages or car engines. What are the rules about work visas going to be in 2 years time?

What will happen to the City of London when companies like Lloyds lose their license to trade in the EU, when EU members entice the firms with access to the EU? Where will the government's budget come from?

Not to mention the fact that UK citizens lose their right to work and live elsewhere in Europe..

So where are the upsides to brexit? I'm sure you have some that aren't "MOAR SOVRENTY" and "BLUE PASSPORTS". What is the one thing that will improve in your life if "no deal" happens?

In case you were wondering about that 39 billion the UK would "save" in a no-deal? It would cover about a week of government expenditure at current rates. That's all. The fictitious "350 Million per week to the NHS" that Boris put on the side of a bus and posed with for photo ops would be a budget increase of about 10% (or a reversal of the last few years of Tory austerity cuts). The real number is approximately 150 million per week. So if all that money went to the NHS, it would just about cancel out the last Tory NHS budget cut (it won't).

I can think of one benefit though. When I travel to the UK, I can buy alcohol in duty free at the real duty free prices (i.e. no VAT). And when the pound breaks parity with the Euro it'll be even cheaper. It might even be cheaper to fly to the UK just to go alcohol shopping in Stansted with a 20 euro return flight than to buy the stuff here.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    It might even be cheaper to fly to the UK just to go alcohol shopping in Stansted with a 20 euro return flight than to buy the stuff here.
    Sorry... OT... literally, you must live in Ireland? It's only Ireland where alcohol is taxed more heavily than the UK?

As soon as humanly possible, I will be moving to Spain.

Up The Gary's forum name is decidedly apt.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Sorry... OT... literally, you must live in Ireland? It's only Ireland where alcohol is taxed more heavily than the UK?

I think the point he was making was regardless of tax, the pound will tank so hard, it'll be cheaper than virtually anywhere else in Europe.

Also, I believe the Scandinavians beat everyone when it comes to taxing alcohol. Or used to, I heard they mellowed a bit.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post

I live in Germany.

I think the point he was making was regardless of tax, the pound will tank so hard, it'll be cheaper than virtually anywhere else in Europe.
    Something like that, yeah

Also, I believe the Scandinavians beat everyone when it comes to taxing alcohol. Or used to, I heard they mellowed a bit.
    I know somebody who paid for a week in a holiday cottage in one of the Scandinavian countries (it was either Norway or Sweden) in bottles of Scotch instead of money.

10+ Year Old Account

At least in Sweden, anything above about 3-4% isn't allowed to be sold outside of a state-run monopoly. Obviously, that isn't exactly an environment conductive to cheap alcohol.