View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Just to make clear that I'm not just making this up here is a news article discussing in same polls: Jeremy Corbyn ‘on course to be prime minister’ as third poll in two days shows collapse in Tory support | The Independent https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8869171.html

And a bit of googling for recent GE polls should also show how massive Labour's lead is at the moment. UKIP and Brexit Party are cannibalizing the Tory voters.

I personally have no horse in this race, I'd rather prefer a PM that would cancel Brexit, but a BINO is probably just as good if not better for the EU.
    Sure - but these polls are indicative of the moment. So, if there was a GE tomorrow, Labour could well win. But May is not about to call a GE. Why would she? It'd require a motion of no confidence where a significant number of Tories (and/or the DUP) abstain or vote with the opposition. This has been suggested as a possibility but actually could only come to pass in the event of a cliff edge where the UK is looking likely to crash out of the EU and principled / suicidal remainer Tories vote with Labour. The polar opposite of that - DUP and leaver Tories abstaining/voting against the government in the event of a softer Brexit - wouldn’t come to pass because Labour should in theory be onside with the government.

I’d suggest a more likely scenario is: May succeeds in a) pushing through her deal more or less as is (with the help of Labour whose leadership don’t really want a soft Brexit) and b) holds her party together in the process. Her legacy secured, she resigns to be placed by a Tory grass-roots favourite. Labour can table a motion of no confidence but this would likely fail as there’d be no real reason at this point for the DUP or leave Tories to abstain or vote with the opposition.

The result: no GE until 2022. By which time the polls will be completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    Be interesting if Brexit drags out until a then, considering nobody born this century voted for brexit. They might be militant by then.
    While I cannot fathom ANOTHER extension being given, the trade negotiations will continue long past 2022. As will the backstop being enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    Be interesting if Brexit drags out until a then, considering nobody born this century voted for brexit. They might be militant by then.
    Yep, well - exactly. Labour could be even more popular by that point. It was more, I don't really see a GE happening any time soon so polls are a moot point. Local council elections: yep, the Tories will get hammered. Absolutely hammered. Ditto EU elections. But it's still not going to result in anything on a national level unless Tory MPs abstain or vote against the government in a no confidence vote.

I'll be voting for independent candidates in the local election and either Green, Lib Dem or Change UK in the EP election.

If there was a GE now? I'd piss on my ballot paper. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I personally have no horse in this race, I'd rather prefer a PM that would cancel Brexit, but a BINO is probably just as good if not better for the EU.
    Not for the EU but probalby for the UK.
    The EU would prefer constructive participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    While I cannot fathom ANOTHER extension being given, the trade negotiations will continue long past 2022. As will the backstop being enforced.
    To be fair, if their political class is ripping itself apart, I would grant them another extension just to let that happen and run its full course. :P That would be the political/diplomatic version of "I'm not touching! I'm not touching you! I'm not touching!"
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Yep, well - exactly. Labour could be even more popular by that point. It was more, I don't really see a GE happening any time soon so polls are a moot point. Local council elections: yep, the Tories will get hammered. Absolutely hammered. Ditto EU elections. But it's still not going to result in anything on a national level unless Tory MPs abstain or vote against the government in a no confidence vote.

I'll be voting for independent candidates in the local election and either Green, Lib Dem or Change UK in the EP election.
    Sounds sensible, opened up the Labour EU manifesto, first thing I read was:

Quote Originally Posted by Labour Manifesto
    Labour accepts the referendum result and a Labour government will put the national interest first.

We will prioritise jobs and living standards, build a close new relationship with the EU, protect workers’ rights and environmental standards, provide certainty to EU nationals and give a meaningful role to Parliament throughout negotiations.

We will end Theresa May’s reckless approach to Brexit, and seek to unite the country around a Brexit deal that works for every community in Britain.
    Stopped reading the thing. Not having my vote taken hostage again like it was at the last GE. I don't trust Change UK at all, Chukka in my mind is Labour's (formerly I guess) very own BoJo, man thinks he's owed the Premiership, same for the rest of the high profile Change UK members, they all think they were owed a much bigger role than they were getting in Labour and the Conservatives and now think this is their break.

So Lib Dem for me I think, seems a little more sensible than Green. Independent is good thinking for the local election though, will have to do some research on my local candidates.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2019-04-17 at 11:53 AM.

Corbyn has no chance, and I was someone who wanted him in the first place, but the baggage around him has proven too much. He couldn't beat one of the worst run campaigns I've ever seen, May was there to be beaten and he fluffed it.

I would much rather see a currently now smaller party take far more control, Corbyn is equally terrible as May, far too old to have any connection with todays issues, on top of that he has no issue with antisemtism and other forms of racism in his party, probably due to one himself.

Also i don't get why people would still vote for Farage, even if you believe in a hard brexit. He is the biggest fraud and political coward in the whole of the UK. He ran like a rat from the sinking ship that is the Brexit the second it came into play. The only exit strategy he had was for himself and his family to move into the EU.

Only to host embarrassing interviews for gullible folk who prefer the russian translation of western news. And rallies he couldn't even finish himself.

The only thing he has got going for him is being loud, what is generally the case for empty headed fools. And people like Dribbles still plan on voting for that, rofl.

Hey dribbles want to buy some magic beans, i'll even accept the pound, lol.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2019-04-17 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I would much rather see a currently now smaller party take far more control, Corbyn is equally terrible as May, far too old to have any connection with todays issues, on top of that he has no issue with antisemtism and other forms of racism in his party, probably due to one himself.

Also i don't get why people would still vote for Farage, even if you believe in a hard brexit. He is the biggest fraud and political coward in the whole of the UK. He ran like a rat from the sinking ship that is the Brexit the second it came into play. The only exit strategy he had was for himself and his family to move into the EU.

Only to host embarrassing interviews for gullible folk who prefer the russian translation of western news. And rallies he couldn't even finish himself.

The only thing he has got going for him is being loud, what is generally the case for empty headed fools. And people like Dribbles still plan on voting for that, rofl.

Hey dribbles want to buy some magic beans, i'll even accept the pound, lol.
    Why vote for Farage? Hey even Verhofstadt is a fan now so does that make me a good European? Hear it from the man himself eurochums...

Now all we need is a few more votes for the AfD in Germany and the EU is gone like a Notre Dame puff of smoke.

First the EU elections, not long after 10 Downing Street here he comes.

Farage's Brexit Party to top EU elections in Britain - poll

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...rce=reddit.com
    Last edited by dribbles; 2019-04-17 at 02:56 PM.

The Brexit Party is looking like a strong contender in the upcoming EP elections.

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/sta...84121209253894

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The Brexit Party is looking like a strong contender in the upcoming EP elections.

And the only thing to take from that is the British people will have definitively given a mandate for a hard no deal Brexit once again. I can almost feel the tears of the weeping remainers and EU fanatics...

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And the only thing to take from that is the British people will have definitively given a mandate for a hard no deal Brexit once again. I can almost feel the tears of the weeping remainers and EU fanatics...
    It's only the European Parliament elections... Outside of the countries where voting is compulsory no-one cares so let's not get carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    That would only be true if participation is really high.
    Else, it only proves that kingdomers don't give a fuck about the EU. Which doesn't automatically equate to a pro brexit stance. At all.
    Actually, it may, by analogy, prove that they're pretty much like citizens of other EU countries

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post

It's unsurprising that the Brexit Party is polling well, Brexiteers have been given a very clear option as to who they should be voting for. Unfortunately for Remain there isn't a clear one or even a party that outright rejects Brexit.

ChUK, Green and Lib Dem are on the Second Ref train, not the Revoke train whilst Labour and Conservative both want to implement Brexit without a Second Ref. If Labour would stop trying to ride all the horses at once and switch to, at the very least, campaigning on a Second Ref then they would come away from the EU elections with the largest share of MEPs by a landslide but Comrade Corbyn is a Brexiteer so no chance of that.

After 2 years of saying:

Try to make a good deal, best would be to get to a resolution without a hard Brexit.

But, Fuck it!

Wasting everyone's time, and now they want to sabotage our parliament?

Kick them out.

Really, I'm out of patience for this shit show. It hurt us all, but now they also want to sabotage the parliament out of spite?

KICK THEM OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post

Stopped reading the thing. Not having my vote taken hostage again like it was at the last GE. I don't trust Change UK at all, Chukka in my mind is Labour's (formerly I guess) very own BoJo, man thinks he's owed the Premiership, same for the rest of the high profile Change UK members, they all think they were owed a much bigger role than they were getting in Labour and the Conservatives and now think this is their break.

So Lib Dem for me I think, seems a little more sensible than Green. Independent is good thinking for the local election though, will have to do some research on my local candidates.
    If anything forming Change UK he's basically admitted that he has no plans to be PM ever. They know they're not going to replace labour or conservative parties as the big twe. They know this, FPTP will ensure this. They know at best they'll be another Lib Dem in the position of the House of Commons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If anything forming Change UK he's basically admitted that he has no plans to be PM ever.
    He did want to be PM. He is just such a massive delusional narcissist that he thought Change UK would be his vehicle to do that. He didn't consider that everyone f***ing hates Blairites and that his party would be polling at 3%.

If anything forming Change UK he's basically admitted that he has no plans to be PM ever.
    He did want to be PM. He is just such a massive delusional narcissist that he thought Change UK would be his vehicle to do that. He didn't consider that everyone f***ing hates him and that his party would be polling at 3%.

But who could blame him? After all, all we need to do is resurrect Blair's hideous rotting corpse painted with the blood of dead Iraqi kids and Labour will win by a landslide!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You are on record as being a far right supporter, not sure what your problem is with anti-semitism, imaginary or otherwise.
    Last edited by rethwalp; 2019-04-17 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If anything forming Change UK he's basically admitted that he has no plans to be PM ever. They know they're not going to replace labour or conservative parties as the big twe. They know this, FPTP will ensure this. They know at best they'll be another Lib Dem in the position of the House of Commons.
    I'd make an argument that he was essentially being squeezed out of Labour and the recent discontent within Labour and the country at large at least gave him the jet pack he needed to escape to greener pastures. His political career within Labour had hit a dead end, he would never win a leadership contest with the current Labour membership and will never get a front bench role with whomever they choose to lead.

Change UK is his last remaining option for political relevance. He jumped before he was pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by rethwalp View Post

You are on record as being a far right supporter, not sure what your problem is with anti-semitism, imaginary or otherwise.
    Seeing i'm on record, you are free to proof that.

If you can manage to do that before getting banned and being triggered enough to make yet another account rofl. Not sure why people cling to such an uninspiring sort like Corbyn guess the same type of people attract each other