View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #18301
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No problem, although I see that it has advanced your understanding of the issue no further. As I said the highlighted word does not make your perspective correct. I am not nitpicking you made a statement that was incorrect and are, as usual, trying to shift the goalposts in order to avoid acknowledging you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Oh it’s a ‘personal’ issue you have with me for some reason. Your nitpicking and vague ad hominem makes sense then, there’s no point for us to have a “debate”. Sure you agree that it’s a vaste for both of us. Luckily others managed to understand the ‘could be’ issue.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2019-04-22 at 02:10 PM.

  2. #18302
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,087
    "Our Nigel" says a lot of things.

    A lot of it turns out to be total bullshit.

  3. #18303
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    "Our Nigel" says a lot of things.

    A lot of it turns out to be total bullshit.
    A thoroughly detestable man. The way he back peddled over some of the leave campaign claims once the vote was won especially riled me. Happy for people to believe them during the campaign, then tries to "save" his "integrity" in the aftermath by pointing out that the 350 million per week for the NHS was bullshit. It baffles me that people want to be led by him. Alas, tis the world we live in. I mean, even if you are eurosceptic, his flaws are manifest.
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    crazy people gonna have there dog put down for rape after they hump there leg
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    feminists they always look like a hippo thats rolled in dogshit and then hit with a nuclear weapon and lived

  4. #18304
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    They should have done as the electorate commanded them to.
    You have a strange notion of what "commanded" means. Nobody commanded they do anything. The country as a whole just barely voted to leave the EU in an advisory referendum. We're leaving the EU. Eventually. You're getting what you voted for since what you voted for gave no details of anything that it would actually entail.
    Often updated... ?

  5. #18305
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Oh it’s a ‘personal’ issue you have with me for some reason. Your nitpicking and vague ad hominem makes sense then, there’s no point for us to have a “debate”. Sure you agree that it’s a vaste for both of us. Luckily others managed to understand the ‘could be’ issue.
    Not at all. You made an a statement that was incorrect which I explained why it was incorrect and now rather than admit your error you shift the goalposts and claim that you were saying what could happen.

    I agree that it is a waste of time attempting to discuss this issue but ultimately if you refuse to acknowledge when you are wrong and believe that someone pointing out that you are wrong and explaining why is a form of personal attack you will never learn.

  6. #18306
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Well our Nigel has said he won't take funding from Arron Banks.



    It is a huge sum and growing by the minute. Especially since the Tories have openly said they don't have the funds to fight the European elections. Unless they get rid of May pronto they are finished.

    A senior Conservative party official is having to spend his own money to help the party meet the costs of the European elections, it has been reported.

    https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...l-having-spend

    They should have done as the electorate commanded them to. Now our Nigel will do it for us. Next target all those Labour leave constituencies in Brexitshire outside of London with MP's who don't represent them. This is unprecedented.
    You do realize that the MEPs have no domestic power? UKIP returned many MEPs for the last two cycles, but how many seats in Westminster did that support yield? European Parliament members cannot dictate domestic policy.

  7. #18307
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    You do realize that the MEPs have no domestic power? UKIP returned many MEPs for the last two cycles, but how many seats in Westminster did that support yield? European Parliament members cannot dictate domestic policy.
    Do you think he'll acknowledge the irony in your last statement?
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.

  8. #18308
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Well our Nigel has said he won't take funding from Arron Banks.
    Is he getting it direct from the Russians this time?

  9. #18309
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    You do realize that the MEPs have no domestic power? UKIP returned many MEPs for the last two cycles, but how many seats in Westminster did that support yield? European Parliament members cannot dictate domestic policy.
    What's the point of them then? Why waste tax payers money funding something useless like the EU? You validate every brexiteers POV. Get rid of the EU and no one will notice. Oh the irony...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Is he getting it direct from the Russians this time?
    Ha! I'm English and I was amongst the 3000 who signed up yesterday...

    The rise of the @brexitparty_uk is extraordinary. Some 3,000 members signed up yesterday (Easter Sunday), raising an estimated £75,000.

    https://twitter.com/christopherhope/...91325264498696

    Incredible!

  10. #18310
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Ha! I'm English and I was amongst the 3000 who signed up yesterday...

    The rise of the @brexitparty_uk is extraordinary. Some 3,000 members signed up yesterday (Easter Sunday), raising an estimated £75,000.

    https://twitter.com/christopherhope/...91325264498696

    Incredible!
    It certainly is impressive how the Brexit Party seems to be hoovering up the out at any cost voters but I am not sure much has changed in terms of support for Brexit and I don't think that, assuming they go ahead, EP elections will really tell us much.

  11. #18311
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It certainly is impressive how the Brexit Party seems to be hoovering up the out at any cost voters but I am not sure much has changed in terms of support for Brexit and I don't think that, assuming they go ahead, EP elections will really tell us much.
    They will tell us that Brexit has the support of about 30% of those that vote. Or about 20% of the voters. Or about 12% of the country. Dribbles will then tell us that means that democratically we should leave, nuke the EU and crucify all the unbelievers in this country.

    Personally I'm looking forward to an investigation into exactly where this money is coming from. Because Farage is, and always has been, a lying fuck. If he is telling us it's all coming from individuals, it's a racing certainty that a bunch of it is coming from somewhere else. I'm pretty sure that there is oversight around this, and based on how stupid the Brexit crowd has been in the past, the chances of them getting caught are pretty high.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Brexophilia: The act of rubbing yourself against dead political ideas for sexual pleasure.

  12. #18312
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    What's the point of them then? Why waste tax payers money funding something useless like the EU? You validate every brexiteers POV. Get rid of the EU and no one will notice. Oh the irony...
    Yet again you show you know fuck all about the EU.

    MEPs vote on European Union business. How to implement Brexit is not European Union business. MEPs have no say in whether or not to grant an extension to Brexit. That decision is made by the heads of government of the member states and Donald Tusk.

    Therefore MEPs like Farage and his bunch of otherwise unelectable individuals and the BNP/EDL neo-nazis that have taken over UKIP (i.e. the ones you want to win) will not be able to influence how Brexit happens.

    If you want to influence how Brexit happens (and overcome the 400+ vote majority for not leaving without a deal) you need to vote for MPs in Westminster.

    Your falling for Farage's latest publicity stunt won't change a thing.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-04-22 at 04:19 PM.

  13. #18313
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    4,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Yet again you show you know fuck all about the EU.

    MEPs vote on European Union business. How to implement Brexit is not European Union business. MEPs have no say in whether or not to grant an extension to Brexit. That decision is made by the heads of government of the member states and Donald Tusk.

    Therefore MEPs (like Farage and his bunch of otherwise unelectable individuals) will not be able to influence how Brexit happens.

    If you want to influence how Brexit happens (and overcome the 400+ vote majority for not leaving without a deal) you need to vote for MPs in Westminster.

    Your falling for Farage's latest publicity stunt won't change a thing.
    on a side note: MEPs ARE entitled to vote on ratification of WA, but that's it.

  14. #18314
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    on a side note: MEPs ARE entitled to vote on ratification of WA, but that's it.
    Yeah, but the MEPs returned by UKIP and BrP are not going to be enough to influence that decision. Everybody else will vote for it, if only to no longer have to listen to his hypocritical rants about MEPs having their noses in the trough.

  15. #18315
    Fluffy Kitten Flarelaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    7,074
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Ugh.....

    Absolutely ugh.

    In fairness, I've yet to view a political video message that hasn't elicited that response. But that was particularly awful.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And on to real news: trouble in NI last night. "Dissident republicans" firing on police. A journalist killed. Most "post-conflict" violence has been loyalist on loyalist, republican on republican. Is this the sign of things to come?
    This is the sign of all the times before the GFA which now goes down the drain.

  16. #18316
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    They will tell us that Brexit has the support of about 30% of those that vote. Or about 20% of the voters. Or about 12% of the country. Dribbles will then tell us that means that democratically we should leave, nuke the EU and crucify all the unbelievers in this country.

    Personally I'm looking forward to an investigation into exactly where this money is coming from. Because Farage is, and always has been, a lying fuck. If he is telling us it's all coming from individuals, it's a racing certainty that a bunch of it is coming from somewhere else. I'm pretty sure that there is oversight around this, and based on how stupid the Brexit crowd has been in the past, the chances of them getting caught are pretty high.
    What is there to investigate? The UK electoral process is very transparent and open to all. It is just sour grapes on the part of fringe remain party supporters such as yourself that you want to interrogate the contents of tens of thousands of mainstream brexiteers back pockets who choose to spend their hard earned on the Brexit party.

    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Yet again you show you know fuck all about the EU.

    MEPs vote on European Union business. How to implement Brexit is not European Union business. MEPs have no say in whether or not to grant an extension to Brexit. That decision is made by the heads of government of the member states and Donald Tusk.

    Therefore MEPs like Farage and his bunch of otherwise unelectable individuals and the BNP/EDL neo-nazis that have taken over UKIP (i.e. the ones you want to win) will not be able to influence how Brexit happens.

    If you want to influence how Brexit happens (and overcome the 400+ vote majority for not leaving without a deal) you need to vote for MPs in Westminster.

    Your falling for Farage's latest publicity stunt won't change a thing.
    The very fact the UK is compelled to send MEP's to the EU is a disgrace. The will of the people is that the UK wants nothing to do with EU business and yet the EU occupying force makes us. So damn right the UK will send the most anti EU MEP's possible.

    As for Farage having no influence over brexit that is laughable. The only reason there was a brexit referendum in the first place was because of our Nigel. The only reason the Tory and Labour party are shitting their pants over their respective brexit policies right now is because of our Nigel.

    Farage gave the UK its brexit referendum and is shaping the very essence of UK government/opposition brexit policy right now as you read.

    The only reason Prime Minister Theresa May is to face an unprecedented no-confidence challenge - from Conservative grassroots campaigners.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48011201

    is because of our Nigel. No influence? You are in cloud Cuckeu land.

  17. #18317
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    What is there to investigate? The UK electoral process is very transparent and open to all. It is just sour grapes on the part of fringe remain party supporters such as yourself that you want to interrogate the contents of tens of thousands of mainstream brexiteers back pockets who choose to spend their hard earned on the Brexit party.
    It is proven fact that the money was spent illegally.

    The very fact the UK is compelled to send MEP's to the EU is a disgrace. The will of the people is that the UK wants nothing to do with EU business and yet the EU occupying force makes us. So damn right the UK will send the most anti EU MEP's possible.
    So you want no representation in Europe while the UK leaves? You are happy to take every rule Brussels thinks of until October and apply it to UK law?

  18. #18318
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    It is proven fact that the money was spent illegally.



    So you want no representation in Europe while the UK leaves? You are happy to take every rule Brussels thinks of until October and apply it to UK law?
    occupying forces? what the hell are you smoking Dribbles?
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

  19. #18319
    Non-ironically saying "EU occupying force" should immediately disqualify you from so many things...
    Let's ignore repeated use of "our Nigel", that's cringey AF.
    Often updated... ?

  20. #18320
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The very fact the UK is compelled to send MEP's to the EU is a disgrace. The will of the people is that the UK wants nothing to do with EU business and yet the EU occupying force makes us.
    The UK could have been out of the EU on march 29th. UK Parliament voted several times that they don't want to leave with the deal UK government negociated. They also voted not wanting to leave without a deal.

    The EU isn't forcing this, the UK not leaving is forcing herself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •