View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    It is at this point that I accept I've been trollled by you for two+ years
    GO watch some youtube clips of her presenting HIGNFY, it's a good chuckle. Ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Labour and tories get hit hard.

UKIP take a beating

LD and Greens get a boost

Tories and Labour response "Well it's because people want brexit."

Me: .... How do you get to that conclusion?

I'm not even sure we can get a true conclusion from this. Some areas had no Tory, no Labour. Many others had no of the others. Then we have low turn out. Only conclusion we can get is that of the low turnour there was a massive FU to Tories, a big but not as big FU to Labour, Big boost for LD and Greens, Independents got a lot too but unless we check every one of them we can't be sure where they fall on policies including Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Labour and tories get hit hard.

UKIP take a beating

LD and Greens get a boost

Tories and Labour response "Well it's because people want brexit."

Me: .... How do you get to that conclusion?

I'm not even sure we can get a true conclusion from this.

Whenever you get election results with no obvious meaning then the answer is probably "regression to the mean". That's because the media love their bullshit narratives and no one wants to hear something dull like the truth.

These election results would be fairly typical of pre-crisis UK politics with the LD's picking up protest votes at the expense of the main parties and UKIP disintegrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave parties destroyed, pro remain parties on the rise because people want Brexit to happen now!

Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    There were no parties representing the majority Brexit view standing in the local elections.
    UKIP were standing in a lot of places. They got utterly destroyed. But congratulations on retaining your ability to ignore facts. Is it special glasses or medication that does that for you?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    UKIP were standing in a lot of places. They got utterly destroyed. But congratulations on retaining your ability to ignore facts. Is it special glasses or medication that does that for you?
    UKIP? UKIP who? Who are/what were they?

The Brexit party are where it's at so pray tell me, where were they standing? Have you not heard of them?

You will. Not long until the EU elections. My Widecombe is coming for you remainers...

Tick tock...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

UKIP? UKIP who? Who are/what were they?

The Brexit party are where it's at so pray tell me, where were they standing? Have you not heard of them?

You will. Not long until the EU elections. My Widecombe is coming for you remainers...

Tick tock...
    How quickly they forget. "We are at war with Eurasia. We have always been at war with Eurasia".

The EU elections will be telling. They will show the upper limits of Leave support, at less than a third of voters. The damage to Labour in that vote will force them to get off the fence, and hopefully on the right side of things. Then it really is just a matter of time before we get the second vote that exposes the myth that the country is behind you.

Your wind-up clock may still be just about ticking, but it's only measuring the time left for your spiteful little crusade. Not long now indeed.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

So you were absolutely never going to vote for Sargon of Akkad? That was all Dribbles jokes or what?
    Oh my life eurochums. Thank you Junker, thank you Tusk, but above all thank you thank you remainers :- look who is amongst my candidates for the UK euroelections

So much fun to be had in who might be off to the EU he's got my vote Def worth a brexit delay, bwahahhhaaahaaaahaaaa
    UKIP who?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-05 at 12:11 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    So you were absolutely never going to vote for Sargon of Akkad? That was all Dribbles jokes or what?

UKIP who?
    Sure prior to the Brexit party launch I looked at Sargon but UKIP have moved too far from the moderate centre ground that people like me occupy. The centre 85% of ordinary Joes, such as I, that voted for parties that promised to respect the Brexit referendum result are not going to switch votes en masse for UKIP again.

UKIP leavers now are the polar opposite to their equivalent remainers at the other extreme that would be the Lib Dems/Greens/etc

I expect a few nutters will still vote for UKIP, just like they will their opposites the Lib Dems/Greens/Bucketheads/Monster raving loonies of this world.

But the centre? No, that's going to Brexit party with 85% of the vote up for grabs. And those very few non fanatical moderates left that still want to remain, and don't want to vote for fruitcake parties, are fucked with their diluted vote split between an ever increasing number of non effective parties. Who do they vote for ChangeUK on what currently 9% of the vote? Even that option is not a guaranteed remain, but another referendum. Which to leave would win yet again.

With one party to unite behind and a fractured remain kaleidoscope of options we brexiteers cannot lose, believe me.

Meanwhile I see Verhofstadt is coming to knock on UK doors next Friday to campaign for the Lib Dems in the EU elections.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11...-jeremy-corbyn

Mr Verhofstadt is planning to knock on doors in Britain. The Belgian national, who is seeking re-election to the chamber himself, will travel over by Eurostar from Brussels to join Lib Dem canvassers on the doorstep on Friday

Watch as afterwards the Lib Dem vote share plummets towards electoral oblivion. What a Guy! Bwahhhahahahaaa...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

UKIP have moved too far from the moderate centre ground that people like me occupy
    Farage and Widdecombe, shining lights of the centre ground in British politics

Out of interest @dribbles, what have UKIP done since introducing Sargon as a candidate that caused you to go from being super keen to vote for them to thinking they are all nutters? Presumably it would have to have been something major?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-04 at 03:58 PM.

Farage and Widdecombe, shining lights of the centre ground in British politics

Out of interest @dribbles, what have UKIP done since introducing Sargon as a candidate that caused you to go from being super keen to vote for them to thinking they are all nutters? Presumably it would have to have been something major?
    Can't pretend not to be racist if you're voting for a party that has Sargon as a candidate. The Brexit party puts a (very) thin veneer of acceptability on xenophobia and somewhat casual racism.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-05-04 at 04:34 PM.

Brexit party rallies certainly seem representative of the UK as a whole

UKIP leavers now are the polar opposite to their equivalent remainers at the other extreme that would be the Lib Dems/Greens/etc

I expect a few nutters will still vote for UKIP, just like they will their opposites the Lib Dems/Greens/Bucketheads/Monster raving loonies of this world.
    I know I shouldn’t take the bait but I can’t help it.

Every time you write something like this it just makes me take Pann a little less seriously when he says that we should take you seriously.

You’re the antithesis of a Corbynista: seeking to drag the political centre to the right instead of the left.

Good Twitter thread here:

https://twitter.com/NickWhithorn/sta...34855805812736

In short: Umberto Eco identified 14 typical features of fascism. At least 10 of them have manifested themselves during the brexit process:

1. Cult of tradition
    2. Cult of action for action’s sake
    3. Disagreement is treason
    4. Fear of difference
    5. Appeal to social frustration
    6. Obsession with plot
    7. The enemy is both strong and weak
    8. Machismo and weaponry
    9. Selective populism
    10. Newspeak/impoverished language

It’s dangerous stuff and needs to be called out as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brexit party rallies certainly seem representative of the UK as a whole
    Spot the person who isn't white or collecting a pension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Every time you write something like this it just makes me take Pann a little less seriously when he says that we should take you seriously.
    I'm not sure why you're having a dig at me or why you're putting words in my mouth.

If, after three years, you can't recognise when Dribbles is being serious or when he is, very obviously, winding you up it really is nothing to do with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I'm not sure why you're having a dig at me or why you're putting words in my mouth.

If, after three years, you can't recognise when Dribbles is being serious or when he is, very obviously, winding you up it really is nothing to do with me.
    If you can't tell that what Dribbles states is basically what your average brexiteer states in conversation offline then you really have no hope in the real world.

If you can't tell that what Dribbles states is basically what your average brexiteer states in conversation offline then you really have no hope in the real world.
    Is there any point to your post?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Is there any point to your post?
    Pointing out that Dribbles is basically always serious in his reasoning no matter how psychotic it is and isn't just some winding up people. Unless you're living in remain central then you'd know this and not be jumping to his defense 24/7 in some sort of meager attempt to reach over to people who have slapped the hand away for decades.

Pointing out that Dribbles is basically always serious in his reasoning no matter how psychotic it is and isn't just some winding up people. Unless you're living in remain central then you'd know this and not be jumping to his defense 24/7 in some sort of meager attempt to reach over to people who have slapped the hand away for decades.
    You could have just said 'no' it would have been shorter and less ridiculous.

To be fair to @Pann, he probably thinks the people quoted in this thread are all joking as well
    I mention Theresa May’s name to @brexitparty_uk rally crowd:

“REMAINER COWARD!” Came the reply.

“Liar! Liar! She is just a disgusting liar“ says another.
    Why are you here today, I ask a man in the crowd.

“Because we’re patriots.”

Are members of other parties, not patriots I reply.

“No, they’re not.” Cue cheers from the crowd.
    Widdecombe: “If we have a customs union- will we have left?”

“NO!” Screams the crowd

“If we have May’s deal, will we have left?”

“NO!” Screams the crowd.
    Farage asks if the crowd feels sorry for Theresa May after last night’s drubbing.

“Lock her up!” a few in the crowd shouts back.
    Farage mentions the name of a North West Labour candidate for the Euros now backing another referendum. A woman next to me, with real vitriol, mutters “bastard” under her breath.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-04 at 09:20 PM.