View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #18481
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    She's just stating the obvious in the knowledge that it will apply pressure to Leave-inclined waiverers on both sides to get behind her deal.

    I’m sure this is going to be the outcome: her deal (with token / fudgey amendments, stuff that can be unpicked in the future) will pass with Labour support.

    All we’re seeing is a desperate attempt by her and Corbyn to keep their parties intact, maintaining the two party system that is breaking this country. Corbyn thinks he can beat her but he can't and we'll just end up with endless Tory governments outside of the EU.

    Cheery, cheery.
    I don't think she will get Labour support. They know full well that anything May is offering will be undone by whoever comes next, it is beyond obvious. Heck Tory Remainers know it as well.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  2. #18482
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Where would the difficulty in a custom union be though
    Doesn't fix the Irish Border, will require the same withdrawal agreement as exists today.

  3. #18483
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I only put someone on ignore if I believe that seeing their posts all the time may lead me to get infracted.
    I just don't see it as healthy, personally. It's what people do to create echo chambers or to essentially silence those they disagree with.

    It's even weirder on Twitter where people actually wear being ignored by someone as a badge of honour lol

  4. #18484
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I just don't see it as healthy, personally. It's what people do to create echo chambers or to essentially silence those they disagree with.

    It's even weirder on Twitter where people actually wear being ignored by someone as a badge of honour lol
    I rarely ignore people, you really have to go far to make me ignore someone. However, i did ignore a fella a few months ago after he became too much of a defender of nasty regimes (North Korea defending eh? dafuq?)
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

  5. #18485
    I've not seen the poll on which this article; https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...main-1-6031751 is based but it is interesting in so much as although the leave vote is split over two options it the first poll (that I've seen) where specifically remain and no-deal have been polled and remain is the clear favourite.

    This may represent a shift in public opinion away from leaving the EU and, potentially, adds weight to the campaign for a 2nd ref.
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-05-06 at 04:25 PM.

  6. #18486
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I've not seen the poll on which this article; https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...main-1-6031751 is based but it is interesting in so much as although the leave vote is split over two options it the first poll (that I've seen) where specifically remain and no-deal have been polled and remain is the clear favourite.

    This may represent a shift in public opinion away from leaving the EU and, potentially, adds weight to the campaign for a 2nd ref.
    61% sounds like a safe margin

    I think it is this one:
    https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne..._updated_w.pdf

    Edit: You know when I read those polls I wonder how many of the people who answer are just trolling, live in a cave or are brain damaged (probably the 1st). I mean look at this:https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...t%20stance.pdf
    There is a 3% and 5% respectively that believe the Brexit Party and UKIP to be anti-brexit and a 16% and 21% who don't know.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2019-05-06 at 05:45 PM.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  7. #18487
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't think she will get Labour support. They know full well that anything May is offering will be undone by whoever comes next, it is beyond obvious. Heck Tory Remainers know it as well.
    There are x number of Eurosceptic Tory leavers who voted for MV3 but might now vote against MV4 depending on the exact nature of the 'concessions'. But, on the other hand, I'm sure there are plenty of Labour MPs who, as we approach the real cliff edge, are more concerned about keeping their seats and maintaining the two party system, and who voted against MV3 but will vote for MV4.

    It's all a numbers game isn't it? If they do actually agree a deal I don't think it's clear it'd fail. I’m sure a larger number of Labour MPs would vote for it while a hardcore of remainers wouldn't. But the question is would the Labour leavers be balanced out by an equally large number of hardcore Eurosceptic Tory leavers voting against it.

    You could end up with the (comical) scenario where both parties are split broadly in two. Entirely indicative of the country as a whole.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I've not seen the poll on which this article; https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...main-1-6031751 is based but it is interesting in so much as although the leave vote is split over two options it the first poll (that I've seen) where specifically remain and no-deal have been polled and remain is the clear favourite.

    This may represent a shift in public opinion away from leaving the EU and, potentially, adds weight to the campaign for a 2nd ref.
    https://www.kisbridgingloans.co.uk/f...ain-in-the-eu/ are the people who commissioned it but I can’t find the poll on the YouGov website.

  8. #18488
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    4,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    .....

    This may represent a shift in public opinion away from leaving the EU and, potentially, adds weight to the campaign for a 2nd ref.
    it may seem obvious to me, but if you dont know how to leave properly, the remain option is the best one.

  9. #18489
    This thread reached as many pages as there has been debates in the parliament

  10. #18490
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I've not seen the poll on which this article; https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...main-1-6031751 is based but it is interesting in so much as although the leave vote is split over two options it the first poll (that I've seen) where specifically remain and no-deal have been polled and remain is the clear favourite.

    This may represent a shift in public opinion away from leaving the EU and, potentially, adds weight to the campaign for a 2nd ref.
    But May keeps telling us; we decided, and we aren't allowed to change our minds now. It wouldn't be "democratic". /s

    We just need enough weight behind a second referendum that it becomes politically expedient to do it. Or rather, that the realisation dawns on them that it is going to be more politically damaging for them NOT to. The Tories are losing voters to both sides, the longer this goes on and isn't resolved. But whatever form of Brexit they actually push through will then actually crystalise further losses once people realise they haven't got the specific form of Brexit that they wanted (and were originally promised).

    Just needs one final push, from where I'm sitting. Maybe the EU elections will show enough support swinging behind the Remain parties to make it inevitable?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Brexophilia: The act of rubbing yourself against dead political ideas for sexual pleasure.

  11. #18491
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    But May keeps telling us; we decided, and we aren't allowed to change our minds now. It wouldn't be "democratic". /s

    We just need enough weight behind a second referendum that it becomes politically expedient to do it. Or rather, that the realisation dawns on them that it is going to be more politically damaging for them NOT to. The Tories are losing voters to both sides, the longer this goes on and isn't resolved. But whatever form of Brexit they actually push through will then actually crystalise further losses once people realise they haven't got the specific form of Brexit that they wanted (and were originally promised).

    Just needs one final push, from where I'm sitting. Maybe the EU elections will show enough support swinging behind the Remain parties to make it inevitable?
    I honestly don't see a reality where the Tories bringing a vote for a second referendum is not completely destructive for their party electorally.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  12. #18492
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    61% sounds like a safe margin

    I think it is this one:
    https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne..._updated_w.pdf

    Edit: You know when I read those polls I wonder how many of the people who answer are just trolling, live in a cave or are brain damaged (probably the 1st). I mean look at this:https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...t%20stance.pdf
    There is a 3% and 5% respectively that believe the Brexit Party and UKIP to be anti-brexit and a 16% and 21% who don't know.
    61% is a safe margin but you need to remember that is remain versus May's deal which has always polled poorly against both no deal and remain. What is key, for me at least, is that remain has been polled against both no-deal and May's deal and has come out the clear winner; 53% remain, 34% no-deal and remainder in favour of May's deal.

    It is not the poll you've linked as fieldwork for that one was carried out on 19th March and the fieldwork for the KIS commissioned poll took place between 23rd - 24th April 2019.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    https://www.kisbridgingloans.co.uk/f...ain-in-the-eu/ are the people who commissioned it but I can’t find the poll on the YouGov website.
    Yup, I read through that. It appears that the poll was commissioned to ascertain how Brexit has affected financial decision making therefore it's possible that Yougov will not publish the poll data as it may contain commercially sensitive data.

  13. #18493
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    61% is a safe margin but you need to remember that is remain versus May's deal which has always polled poorly against both no deal and remain. What is key, for me at least, is that remain has been polled against both no-deal and May's deal and has come out the clear winner; 53% remain, 34% no-deal and remainder in favour of May's deal.

    It is not the poll you've linked as fieldwork for that one was carried out on 19th March and the fieldwork for the KIS commissioned poll took place between 23rd - 24th April 2019.
    Hmm then they must not have posted that survey yet.

    Another thing that sadly indicated I may have been right (we'll soon know): https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...t%20stance.pdf

    The Pro-Brexit crowd is all planning to vote while the Anti-Brexit crowd is mostly ambivalent.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  14. #18494
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Edit: You know when I read those polls I wonder how many of the people who answer are just trolling, live in a cave or are brain damaged (probably the 1st). I mean look at this:https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...t%20stance.pdf
    There is a 3% and 5% respectively that believe the Brexit Party and UKIP to be anti-brexit and a 16% and 21% who don't know.
    Yes, that is utterly bizarre and completely depressing.

    A total of 19% of those polled either don't know that the Brexit Party is pro-Brexit or think that it's anti-Brexit.

    19% who are that dumb? Literally, they shouldn't be allowed to vote. It brings out my inner fascist.

    You notice that the Scots are more switched on / engaged?

  15. #18495
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Yes, that is utterly bizarre and completely depressing.

    A total of 19% of those polled either don't know that the Brexit Party is pro-Brexit or think that it's anti-Brexit.

    19% who are that dumb? Literally, they shouldn't be allowed to vote. It brings out my inner fascist.

    You notice that the Scots are more switched on / engaged?
    I honestly have to think that these people are trolling. Or maybe they don't speak English?
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  16. #18496
    19% of 1730 polled is 328 people!

    I guess a certain percent will be trolling (most likely those who answered the Brexit party is anti-Brexit), but the rest of them?

    edit

    Sorry, looking at this in more detail.

    Looking on page 2 - the crux of it is that 12% of those who are planning to vote in the EP elections think that either the Brexit Party is anti-Brexit, neither anti-Brexit or pro-Brexit, or don't know.

    It's that 12% who shouldn't be allowed to vote.
    Last edited by LeGin Tufnel; 2019-05-06 at 06:45 PM.

  17. #18497
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    It's that 12% who shouldn't be allowed to vote.
    Or procreate.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  18. #18498
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or procreate.
    Well, quite.

    Literally, this is so completely fucking depressing.

    Off the top of your head, is this level of disengagement / stupidity reflected in your own country (sorry, is it Greece?).

    Anyone from another country want to chip in?

    Or am I over-reacting? Is this sort of utter stupidity actually not unique to the British.

  19. #18499
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Well, quite.

    Literally, this is so completely fucking depressing.

    Off the top of your head, is this level of disengagement / stupidity reflected in your own country (sorry, is it Greece?).

    Anyone from another country want to chip in?

    Or am I over-reacting? Is this sort of utter stupidity actually not unique to the British.
    Tbh I don't access to the data. I would not be surprised if it is (especially considering the massive brain drain due to the crisis) just as bad or worse so I don't think the UK is alone on that.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  20. #18500
    Fuck. This is addictive.

    https://yougov.co.uk/opi/surveys/res...f-010cec185b0b

    20% of Brits have a) not read a book in the last 12 months (17%) or b) do not know if they've read a book in the last 12 months (3%)

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://yougov.co.uk/opi/surveys/res...8-01e7f8f09add

    I guess this was a Theresa May-orientated one... didn't she say something about eating mouldy jam?

    If you opened a jar of jam and there was some mould on the top, what would you do?

    Discard the mould, and eat the jam that was underneath 35%
    Throw away the jam 60%
    Don't know 5%

    How is it possible for 5% of the population not to be able to formulate an opinion on this.

    Burner will be along soon to tell me that 5% of the population can't afford jam.

    - - - Updated - - -

    This is genuinely very funny

    https://yougov.co.uk/opi/surveys/res...5-53e93fea2510

    Do you think exercise gear is an acceptable or unacceptable Christmas gift for someone who has not specifically asked for it?

    Don't know 30%

    Really? I'm sure as hell glad I'm not related to them.

    Here's my Xmas list, hubby. It doesn't include an exercise bike.

    Here's an exercise bike.

    Are you calling me fat?

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://yougov.co.uk/opi/surveys/res...7-0126291aebdb

    3% of people don't know if they've watched the film "Withnail And I"

    Now - this one, I can relate to. I've definitely started watching it pre/mid/post spliff but I can't swear to have finished watching it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •