View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #18581
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But tbh you are overstating her importance to the Brexit party and she is at best a bit part player
    Why is she appearing on stage with Farage at all the Brexit party rallies? Why is she the 1st Brexit party MEP candidate for the North West region? Ann Widecombe is the 1st Brexit party candidate for the South West region - is she equally a bit part player in the party?

    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Are you happy to say you won't vote for Labour? Or are you quite comfortable that your tax money will go towards paying his salary and tea for his mates?
    You might be mixing me up with someone else on here if you think I would ever be voting for Corbyn's Labour.

    You call out Labour constantly, but then support Revolutionary Communist Party member and IRA supporter Claire Fox - I'm genuinely confused Dribbles, help me understand the logic Is following Farage more important than your moral principles on support for pedophilia and terrorism?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-07 at 02:44 PM.

  2. #18582
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Are you happy to say you won't vote for Labour? Or are you quite comfortable that your tax money will go towards paying his salary and tea for his mates?
    Green tea, I hope, as proper tea is theft.

  3. #18583
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    You call out Labour constantly, but then support Revolutionary Communist Party member and IRA supporter Claire Fox - I'm genuinely confused Dribbles, help me understand the logic Is following Farage more important than your moral principles on support for pedophilia and terrorism?
    Your average brexiteer would sell their own children to get brexit. This is not shocking.

  4. #18584
    David Lidington confirms that time to reach a deal has run out and the UK will hold EP elections.

    https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/stat...66217677959168

  5. #18585
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Your average brexiteer would sell their own children to get brexit. This is not shocking.
    I know that, I'm just enjoying watching him illustrate it

  6. #18586
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    In comparison to say the leader of the Labour party who counts amongst his friends Hamas and Hezbollah...
    As I'm sure you know Corbyn has said he will count as a friend anyone who will enter a dialogue to move towards peaceful resolution of conflicts while condemning violence, particularly against civilians. Why do you have a problem with that?

  7. #18587
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    As I'm sure you know Corbyn has said he will count as a friend anyone who will enter a dialogue to move towards peaceful resolution of conflicts while condemning violence, particularly against civilians.
    Yes, but will he wear a tie? Priorities people.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.

  8. #18588
    There are reports that the Lib Dems and Greens have pulled their candidates in the Peterborough by-election putting their weight behind an independent People's Vote candidate.

    https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...96343536152582

  9. #18589
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    There are reports that the Lib Dems and Greens have pulled their candidates in the Peterborough by-election putting their weight behind an independent People's Vote candidate.

    https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...96343536152582
    Having watched the Peterborough brexit party livestream event last night along with thousands and thousands can't say I am surprised.

    I bet the reports of the biggest political news for years get no nearer the BBC 6 'O' clock news than a tweet from Laura though...

    In case you missed it.


  10. #18590
    It is now looking like LDs, Greens and Change backing the independent in Peterborough might not happen.

    https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...79717944623104

  11. #18591
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It is now looking like LDs, Greens and Change backing the independent in Peterborough might not happen.

    https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...79717944623104
    British politics at its finest. Even if it turns out that you are all campaigning for the same thing it's unthinkable to let the other guy win because he's on another team.

    Fucking morons.

  12. #18592
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    British politics at its finest. Even if it turns out that you are all campaigning for the same thing it's unthinkable to let the other guy win because he's on another team.

    Fucking morons.
    I'm not sure that is particularly bad news or worthy of criticism. The Peterborough elections runs the risk of becoming overshadowed by Brexit and a proxy for public support for a 2nd ref. (although both sides will claim victory regardless of the result) when, no doubt, there are more pressing issues that need addressing within Peterborough.

    I really don't think that it is the best interests of the people of Peterborough for their election to be hijacked by two candidates that quite literally no policy other than Brexit being a good or bad thing. I hope whatever happens they vote for the most capable candidate, the one who will have their best interests at heart and not be blinded by empty soundbites.

  13. #18593
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Looking on page 2 - the crux of it is that 12% of those who are planning to vote in the EP elections think that either the Brexit Party is anti-Brexit, neither anti-Brexit or pro-Brexit, or don't know.
    They might simply mean that Farage is a populist who pretents to want Brexit because that is what makes him popular, but doesn't really mean it.

  14. #18594
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,567
    Our candidate in Peterborough has just been announced.

    https://www.mikegreene4peterborough.com/

    Surprising isn't it that a self-made businessman is so pro brexit when because of it the economy will tank. What's the betting within a couple of days the bookies have him as favourite?

    Who on the remain side is up against him or they all given up?

  15. #18595
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Our candidate in Peterborough has just been announced.

    https://www.mikegreene4peterborough.com/

    Surprising isn't it that a self-made businessman is so pro brexit when because of it the economy will tank. What's the betting within a couple of days the bookies have him as favourite?

    Who on the remain side is up against him or they all given up?
    Wow, a middle aged white man. Look at the surprise on my face.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Brexophilia: The act of rubbing yourself against dead political ideas for sexual pleasure.

  16. #18596
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Our candidate in Peterborough has just been announced.

    https://www.mikegreene4peterborough.com/

    Surprising isn't it that a self-made businessman is so pro brexit when because of it the economy will tank. What's the betting within a couple of days the bookies have him as favourite?

    Who on the remain side is up against him or they all given up?
    At least they've chosen a local and not parachuted Farage in to try to claim the glory. After having a read through his web page it seems that the Brexit Party are rather light on policy.

  17. #18597
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I'm not sure that is particularly bad news or worthy of criticism. The Peterborough elections runs the risk of becoming overshadowed by Brexit and a proxy for public support for a 2nd ref. (although both sides will claim victory regardless of the result) when, no doubt, there are more pressing issues that need addressing within Peterborough.

    I really don't think that it is the best interests of the people of Peterborough for their election to be hijacked by two candidates that quite literally no policy other than Brexit being a good or bad thing. I hope whatever happens they vote for the most capable candidate, the one who will have their best interests at heart and not be blinded by empty soundbites.
    It's a by election for an MP in Westminster right? I understand your point and in normal circumstances I'd somewhat agree but being a single issue MP isn't unheard of and whether they are any good or not on a local level purely depends on the individual. When Blackpool South was my ward our MP was Gordon Marsden since 97 and has spent approximately 5 minutes in Blackpool since then. Is he innately better for Blackpool because he's Labour?

    The simple fact of the matter is that Brexit dominates everything in Parliament right now so selecting an MP around Brexit in what will be a very short spell before the next GE doesn't seem too outlandish to me. If Remain parties actually want to win, this is the shit they need to be learning how to do.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2019-05-08 at 09:08 PM.

  18. #18598
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It's a by election for an MP in Westminster right? I understand your point and in normal circumstances I'd somewhat agree but being a single issue MP isn't unheard of and whether they are any good or not on a local level purely depends on the individual. When Blackpool South was my ward our MP was Gordon Marsden since 97 and has spent approximately 5 minutes in Blackpool since then. Is he innately better for Blackpool because he's Labour?

    The simple fact of the matter is that Brexit dominates everything in Parliament right now so selecting an MP around Brexit in what will be a very short spell before the next GE doesn't seem too outlandish to me. If Remain parties actually want to win, this is the shit they need to be learning how to do.
    It is. A single issue party or MP can be effective but surely it would be better for someone like the Lib Dems to be campaigning for local issues that affect the people of Peterborough?

    I don't doubt there are many people in Blackpool who do believe that Marsden is better for Blackpool simply because he is Labour but his performance, or lack of it, is an issue of it being safe seat. If MPs have no fear that the electorate will vote them out then the electorate shouldn't be too surprised when they don't work that hard for them.

    It does and it is a bad thing. Whatever happens in Peterborough will have no influence on how Parliament proceeds with Brexit - if the Brexit Party gets in we will not suddenly leave on WTO terms and if the People's Vote candidate gets in (which is unlikely in a 60% leave constituency) May will not suddenly arrange a 2nd ref. So wouldn't it be better if the more grown up parties got on with it and campaigned for doing what's best for the local area and leave the Brexit party to campaign on empty soundbites?

  19. #18599
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    At least they've chosen a local and not parachuted Farage in to try to claim the glory. After having a read through his web page it seems that the Brexit Party are rather light on policy.
    Well with the former main parties engineering the destruction of democracy I'm not sure people want any policy other than Brexit at the moment. At least they could find a quality candidate which is more than Chukkas chums can do. Is that the only reason why, but were rejected, they offered a coalition with other scarce remainers? In fact it is hard to find anyone who is going to vote for the Cuks let alone a damn candidate.

    Not surprising given a new poll of almost 50,000 people released today puts the brexit party on 86% !!!

    https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...on-theresa-may

    Of the three main UK parties, the anti-Brexit Liberal Democrats, who saw a huge surge in popularity at last week’s local council elections, came out on top but still managed only 5 percent. The poll put Change UK and Ukip on 3 percent each, the Green Party on 1 percent and ‘other’ on 1 percent.

    A total of 48,465 people took part in the poll


    Those rare as hen's teeth remaining remainers have such a mountain to climb...

  20. #18600
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Not surprising given a new poll of almost 50,000 people released today puts the brexit party on 86% !!!
    14% of people that choose to visit www.express.co.uk are not planning to vote for Farage - the real shock of that "poll".

    Any more thoughts on Claire Fox @dribbles? Or are you still excited to vote for a party that promotes a pedophilia and terrorism supporting candidate?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-08 at 10:17 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •