View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Downing Street 10 gave us a bone to chew on:

This evening the prime minister met the leader of the oppositions in the House of Commons to make clear our determination to bring the talks to a conclusion and deliver on the referendum result to leave the EU.

We will therefore be bringing forward the withdrawal agreement bill in the week beginning June 3. It is imperative we do so then if the UK is to leave the EU before the summer parliamentary recess.

Talks this evening between the prime minister and the leader of the opposition were both useful and constructive. Tomorrow talks will continue at an official level as we seek the stable majority in parliament that will ensure the safe passage of the withdrawal agreement bill and the UK\s swift exist from the EU.

Source: Guardian

as if they were ready to vote on Brexit....
    We expecting this to pass? I saw that Olly Robins had been sent out to Brussels earlier today to talk about seeking changes to the PD (political declaration) so I thought somet might be afoot.

I don't think anything has actually changed and even if Robins comes back with changes to the PD it doesn't matter because it's the WA that isn't passing and the PD is fluff anyway. The Conservative Party won't accept a CU, Labour won't accept anything because they are trying to science the shit out of a Quantum Brexit and none of the others are going to touch a Brexit plan without a PV.

Neither Leader is actually able to whip their party atm so I don't see much happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    so I don't see much happening here.
    Other than political carnage and the UK tearing itself to pieces

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Other than political carnage and the UK tearing itself to pieces
    Is that even a change? :P

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    So, in essence, this is now the real crunch point? First week of June?

Much popcorn will be munched.
    per current schedule Trump will be in UK same week too, because 75th D-Day celebrations here and there in France. lot of popcorn in demand !!

Quote Originally Posted by rfafeqwqweqwqwe View Post
    /rage
    Dude ffs take a beta blocker.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47203397

673 complaints of anti-Semitism by Labour Party members were received - a Labour spokesman said this represented about 0.1% of the membership

96 members were immediately suspended after complaints were made and a further 211 were told they would be investigated

Are there tiny, tiny (Corbyn's and your own admission 0.1%) elements of antisemitism in the Labour party? Yes

Probably greater in Labour than in the Tories because of innate hostility to Israel? Yes

Am I saying this would effect my vote? No

Am I saying I think this is any worse than Islamophobia in the Tories? No

Do, I give a fuck other than getting pissed off with you and Shalcker blatantly denying, denying, denying? No

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    per current schedule Trump will be in UK same week too, because 75th D-Day celebrations here and there in France. lot of popcorn in demand !!
    I can think of no better tribute to those who fought in WWII than to grant a full state visit hosted by the Queen herself to a man who called Nazi's "very fine people". Prepare for more of this kind of boot licking post Brexit Mr D, it's what you voted for.

I am becoming very tired of this.

Not a single anti-semitic quotation or other evidence has been produced by you people. There is simply no evidence.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45030552

You clearly haven't looked very far, have you? That's the first Google result, btw.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45030552

You clearly haven't looked very far, have you? That's the first Google result, btw.
    Burner won't acknowledge anything other than a direct quote of an anti-Semitic message that they know full well has never been released to the public. The Labour party itself admitting it has a problem with anti-Semitism isn't a high enough standard of evidence apparently.

It is impossible to deny anything when there is no actual evidence presented. You haven't presented any actual evidence and you don't seem to know what the word means.

If you could actually produce a quote of some labour party member saying "I hate yids" or something then it would be futile and pointless to deny it.

Btw According to one study anti-semitic attitudes among Labour party members are lower than those of conservatives. channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-antisemitism-political-parties
    Really?

OK -

Mohammed Shabbir, a Labour Councillor in Bradford, tweeted the conspiracy theory that Israel was behind ISIS, accused Jews of ‘playing the Holocaust card’, and said the BBC was run by a ‘hasbara media cartel’.

Anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    The Labour Party has received 673 complaints in 10 months alleging acts of anti-Semitism by its members.
    A letter from the party's general secretary, Jennie Formby, revealed the figures after she was pushed by MPs for specific details.
    She said 96 members were immediately suspended from the party for their conduct between April 2018 and January 2019, and 12 were expelled.
    But in a letter, a group of MPs said there was still a lack of information.
    So, your argument is twofold:

a) Because the Labour Party refused to release details, the fact that they suspended 96 members and expelled 12 was all for what? Shits and giggles?

b) Antisemitism in Labour isn't a problem because there is also antisemitism in the Tories.

I tell you what the problem is here: it's your inability to acknowledge the existence of any problem, instead deflecting valid criticism of a political party and its leadership using conspiracy theorist terms like 'smear'. I couldn't give a fuck if this was about Labour or not.

If your argument was actually: this isn't fucking relevant? I wouldn't be here arguing with you. I'd be nodding my head in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Burner won't acknowledge anything other than a direct quote of an anti-Semitic message that they know full well has never been released to the public. The Labour party itself admitting it has a problem with anti-Semitism isn't a high enough standard of evidence apparently.
    I know, but it only cost me like 30s to run that Google search and compile the post. I think it was worth it to show this guy up for the lurkers. It's easy enough to expose these low effort trolls. Heck, if I had any confidence in the trash mod team on this forum I might do a report, but I don't... and here we are.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Er....Do you think the Labour party controls the internet or something? Why do you think this would not come out? We have multiple examples of unambiguous anti-semitic quotations and physical threats issued by far right supporters...how is it the Labour party are magically suppressing all evidence from left-wing sources?

The Labour party's ADMISSION is that its membership contains <0.1% anti-semites which is lower than in the general population. Some ADMISSION. It is virtually a brag.
    Er....Where the fuck did you pull that from in my post? I know you get flustered when you think Corbyn-sama is under attack from the evil neo libs but chill the fuck out already, it's cute but stop trying so hard. I'm sure Corbyn senpai will notice you at your next Momentum rally.

50 examples to of anti-Semitism in Labour
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2019-05-15 at 03:30 AM.

You're a bit behind the times, really.

Labour has already admitted the problem and started dealing with it. All credit to them.
    They just said that anti-semitism has no place in labour. I'm pretty sure Corbyn agrees.

He also obviously disagrees that making foreword to that book is anti-semitism by itself.

I acknowledge there is a real problem of antisemitism that Labour is working to overcome
    Deny, deny, deny doesn't really work when the accused has actually accepted guilt?
    From that page:
    I want to share this video message about the problem of antisemitism that Labour is working to overcome — and the need to support and guarantee the security of Jewish communities.
    Antisemitic abuse has no place in our Party or movement. No one with such views acts in my name, or the name of our Party. They are not our supporters.
    I want Jewish people to feel at home in the Labour Party and be able to play their full part in our campaigning work to take our country forward.
    Driving antisemitism out of our party for good, and working with the Jewish community to rebuild trust, are vital priorities.
    Anti-racism is at the core of our movement. We must act to unite people of all communities to overcome inequality and prejudice, and build a fair country for all.

Emphasis mine.

Clearly, writing foreword to book isn't anti-semitic abuse. Also, no clear acknowledgement that Labour party has anti-semitism problem; only that Labour fights it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Someone should give Shalcker his turnips, he managed to get you all derail this thread again.
    Nah, fuckall is happening. UK election circus is really not interesting enough to discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Touché. I've stopped posting here because I find the entire process just boring at this point as well. I'm past anger and acceptance and well into boredom with Brexit now.
    I'll give it until after the summer breaks before the pace picks up again... August with a slow increase in interest, September with some more bickering and watching the Commons will become interesting again and October will probably (hopefully) see the end of British membership.

Well, supposedly May is going for a 4th "meaningful vote" in the beginning of June. Not that I really think it will be different from the previous ones, but one can hope it will end this farce.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    Well, supposedly May is going for a 4th "meaningful vote" in the beginning of June. Not that I really think it will be different from the previous ones, but one can hope it will end this farce.
    It will likely be the same leave agreement again, just hoping that by then MPs will have changed their mind. Or, you know, 'voting again and again until the desired result is met', because to Brexiteers, hypocrisy is a thing that happens to other people.

Problem is likely there will be quite a few of Tory and Labour MPs that detest the idea of voting for something the other party has had a hand in so much that they'd rather see the country burn. They could just cook up the usual excuses of too much or too little alignment and "We need a better deal" nonsense and the can is safely on the roll for a little while longer....

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'll give it until after the summer breaks before the pace picks up again... August with a slow increase in interest, September with some more bickering and watching the Commons will become interesting again and October will probably (hopefully) see the end of British membership.
    Problem is september and october has all the party conferences so nothing gets done there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Problem is september and october has all the party conferences so nothing gets done there too.
    I begin to understand why the EU granted a 6 months extension. They look incredibly good without being under threat of the British accidentally coming up with a brilliant idea that would require the EU to move an inch...

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    seems UK government's rhetoric is playing with fire: if the june vote goes wrong it is about time for decision between no deal or revocation, Liam Fox and Steve Barclay mused on different occasions.

https://twitter.com/BrexitCentral/st...20331365801984 <<<< clip with Barclay

"There will be an opportunity for MPs to decide, after the local elections, after the European elections, whether they want to vote for Brexit or not.

MPs will need to look and see if they want to continue down a path that inexorably takes us to either the potential of revocation of article 50 or leaving without a deal, and ask if they think that’s the best course either democratically or economically for the UK. MPs will have to face that decision..."

Liam Fox today

damage control mode and excuses if brexit fails ? or ammunition for "no deal" to avoid revocation ?