View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Gain decades of experience dealing with international negotiations and policy decisions at the highest levels of government and yes, you could be selected.
    Oh goodie I'll set to it straight away. Do you think my time on this board will count? I mean it probably has a population equal to Luxembourg where the existing great leader came from...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Do you think my time on this board will count?
    No. Indeed, when they come to read what you write here it may even count against you. It's probably best that you just stop. Accusations of being nazis might work for a low-level functionary such as Farage, but they are more than counter-productive for those with real responsibilities.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-05-19 at 12:23 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh goodie I'll set to it straight away. Do you think my time on this board will count? I mean it probably has a population equal to Luxembourg where the existing great leader came from...
    Brexit means Brexit, you will never rise to the occasion; per your own volition.

I am not purporting to speak only for all British people but share the same view as 100's of millions of EU citizens continent wide. Please don't belittle that many people. Ask the ordinary impoverished Greek people, ask the debt ridden for life average Italian people, ask the EE nations/the Visegrad group, and so on what they really think of and those who hold the true power in the EU.

This fallacy of EU unity as it falls apart before our eyes is quite ridiculous.

And as for WW2 I'll give you an anecdote as to why a few mad men anointed somewhere in Europe will never succeed in ruling a continent.

I lived in France for a few years on and off and I asked a now life long French friend why the English are only tolerated there rather than welcomed with open arms. His response was that it is hard to be 100% comfortable, even now, with countrymen whose ancestors participated in the 100 year war. That finished between England and France in 1453 ffs. The idea that, in comparison, recent events and those responsible for WW2 and their descendents will ever be totally forgiven in my lifetime, my children's lifetimes and my childrens childrens lifetime is total nonsense. Perhaps in 500 years as in my French/English example and memories fade through many generations we will tolerate each other once again.

Just as an aside from all that perhaps you can help me out here. I hear rumours Juncker is on his way out as our EU President, is that true? Who is the new one, has that even been decided yet and by who? Will we find out before he or her addresses the continent from a podium as the anointed EU leader? Does anyone get to vote for the new President?

I think it was the late great Tony Benn who once said that if ordinary people don't have the power to remove and elect their leader they don't live in a democracy.

I am glad I do. Can you say the same eurochums?
    Your abit wrong, you and the french were concurrents up until the WW2, Napoleon, American War for Independance were either direct or proxy wars between france and the uk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Your abit wrong, you and the french were concurrents up until the WW2, Napoleon, American War for Independance were either direct or proxy wars between france and the uk.
    Your time line is a bit off on that, it's rather up until a while before WW1.

Things started to change roughly after Bismarck died, and Willhelm II got put in charge, and the then unified Germany started adopting a much more aggressive foreign policy stance, especially the naval arms race with Britain that began at a time when the British view on things were essentially "have as many ships as the second and third strongest naval powers combined".

In previous years only people who really hated the EU bothered to vote in the European elections but this year is turning out to be a proxy for a 2nd referendum with leave and remain parties polling strongly whilst the main two flounder, with Lab falling behind the LDs and the Cons now polling worse than the Greens.

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/sta...78004161757184

It will be very interesting to see what the turnout is this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    In previous years only people who really hated the EU bothered to vote in the European elections but this year is turning out to be a proxy for a 2nd referendum with leave and remain parties polling strongly whilst the main two flounder, with Lab falling behind the LDs and the Cons now polling worse than the Greens.

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/sta...78004161757184

It will be very interesting to see what the turnout is this year.
    Not just for the UK, but for the whole of the EU. Brexit has rattled quite a few people and I wouldn't be surprised if voter turnout has increased after this election.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Most likely Frans Timmermans, worst possible person for this position if you ask me.
    Who? Never heard of the man, probably like 99/100 ordinary EU folk. How many on this board had heard of him prior to you mentioning him? Very odd isn't it for a supposed democracy. When will he stand up and introduce himself as the new head EU bossman to the ordinary joes like me who are expected to pay his extravagant salary, or we just get to hear of him through the grapevine? At the least it's just a bit rude that he can't be bothered prior to his appointment. Im not expecting an EU equivalent of "My fellow Americans" but a "wotcha eurochums" wouldn't go amiss. It is just uncivilised...

Then tell me why May is still in power.
    Don't talk to me about living in a democracy, you're one of the few European nations that literally has the aristocracy in power.
    May is in place but not in power and she'll be gone by summer. Everyone in the UK is well aware of who the likely replacement will be and soon after his appointment he must face the electorate for confirmation, or not, of that.

And at least eventually we get a say in that process and will have a good idea of the measure of the man, unlike the new EU nobody that nobody knows yet.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Who? Never heard of the man, probably like 99/100 ordinary EU folk. How many on this board had heard of him prior to you mentioning him? Very odd isn't it for a supposed democracy.
    You are mistaken a democracy for a mediacracy. In a democracy if you want to be informed you have to read, another thing low-iq brexiteers don't understand. In a mediacracy tv-stars become president...

https://www.politico.eu/article/fran...ness-brussels/
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...-idUSKCN1RF2QR
    Last edited by Software; 2019-05-19 at 09:34 PM.

Looking forward to Thursday and casting my vote with the majority of my countrypeople for BREXIT and national sovereignty. Can't wait to see all the millennial bugman and soyboys on Friday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Software View Post
    You are mistaken a democracy for a mediacracy. In a democracy if you want to be informed you have to read, another thing low-iq brexiteers don't understand. In a mediacracy tv-stars become president...

https://www.politico.eu/article/fran...ness-brussels/
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...-idUSKCN1RF2QR
    Very low IQ post. A democracy is so popular among bugmen leftists like yourself precisely because it empowers the uninformed. It is why the more astute historical politicians have tried to remedy the tyranny of the masses via republicanism.

As you demonstrated in your post, citing a fake news site (politico) fawning over an unelected far-left bureaucrat.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Looking forward to Thursday and casting my vote with the majority of my countrypeople for BREXIT and national sovereignty. Can't wait to see all the millennial bugman and soyboys on Friday.

- - - Updated - - -

Very low IQ post. A democracy is so popular among bugmen leftists like yourself precisely because it empowers the uninformed. It is why the more astute historical politicians have tried to remedy the tyranny of the masses via republicanism.

As you demonstrated in your post, citing a fake news site (politico) fawning over an unelected far-left bureaucrat.
    You seem heavily triggered! Also congratulations for using almost all available right-wing incel cellar-dweller buzzwords in one post, but you forgot "cuck" ...
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

So, republics aren't democracies? Are you sure you understand what you're talking about?

One's how you decide who gets to rule. The other one is in what manner they get to rule. These two concepts are not mutually exclusive. See, this is what they mean with "you have to read..."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    You seem heavily triggered! Also congratulations for using almost all available right-wing incel cellar-dweller buzzwords in one post, but you forgot "cuck" ...
    He also forgot to make any sense, tbh.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So, republics aren't democracies? Are you sure you understand what you're talking about?

One's how you decide who gets to rule. The other one is in what manner they get to rule. These two concepts are not mutually exclusive. See, this is what they mean with "you have to read..."

He also forgot to make any sense, tbh.
    I'd also like to point out the hilarity in all this Brits complaining about the EU being undemocratic when they're still a...what's the word....monarchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I'd also like to point out the hilarity in all this Brits complaining about the EU being undemocratic when they're still a...what's the word....monarchy.
    Out of all the things that one could legitimately complain about in UK politics, you pick the one non-issue with regard to a democracy.

- - - Updated - - -

You do know that the Brexit Party will have absolutely zero say over domestic policy as MEPs, don't you? I just don't want to see you disappointed when all Farage's posturing (on TV, not in Strasbourg because he can't be bothered turning up for work to actually represent your sorry little arse) leads to nothing but a third extension in October.

So the referendum should never have taken place? I'm glad we agree that the "tyranny of the masses" should not have been heeded!

Very low IQ post. A democracy is so popular among bugmen leftists like yourself precisely because it empowers the uninformed.
    So you knew Frans Timmermans?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    A constitutional monarchy, thats where heads of state have style and nothing to say. Beats having a "Private, grab her by the pussy, Bonespurs" as head of state 1000x.

Who? Never heard of the man, probably like 99/100 ordinary EU folk. How many on this board had heard of him prior to you mentioning him? Very odd isn't it for a supposed democracy. When will he stand up and introduce himself as the new head EU bossman to the ordinary joes like me who are expected to pay his extravagant salary, or we just get to hear of him through the grapevine? At the least it's just a bit rude that he can't be bothered prior to his appointment. Im not expecting an EU equivalent of "My fellow Americans" but a "wotcha eurochums" wouldn't go amiss. It is just uncivilised...
    If you go out of your way to stay uninformed, you can't be surprised that you don't know anything.

Not a big surprise. The British keep hoping that Ireland will throw a wrench into the gears of the EU. That can only happen when you don't have the faintest idea how the EU works.

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Thursdays confirmatory peoples vote is a foregone conclusion...

Looks like Thursdays confirmatory peoples vote is a foregone conclusion...
    Looks like next parlimental elctions will open the door to an anti-brexit government. Let's hope May's government will fall soon so the willing people of the UK can remain save within the EU, under the guidance of Frans Timmermans (aka Timmerfrans).