View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Not a big surprise. The British keep hoping that Ireland will throw a wrench into the gears of the EU. That can only happen when you don't have the faintest idea how the EU works.
    Not entirely sure how true this is. Obviously our MPs have been hoping that something will come along and save them them from this mess but I've never read anything that specifically names the RoI as our potential saviour.

Happy to reevaluate if you have something compelling to make the case though.

Chaotic scenes in Newcastle city centre as a racist is milkshaked and then makes a run for it.

Paul Crowther, 32, from Throckley, Newcastle, said it was a £5.25 banana and salted caramel milkshake.

Damn that Paul Crowther should be arrested and tickled to death by Dribbles for wasting a Salted Caramel Milkshake.. damn!

As much as I loathe Farage attacks on politicians is NOT the way to handle things...

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    As much as I loathe Farage attacks on politicians is NOT the way to handle things...
    It was a milkshake. Grow up.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

It was a milkshake. Grow up. ������
    I bet if someone chucked a milkshake on you on your way to work you would not be saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by snothlord View Post
    You seem to enjoy picking a fight with Britain.

Historically your nation tries to kill everyone in Europe every thirty years or so, which means you are "due" given when reunification happened. I've never trusted you people, you should have never been allowed to form a single nation again. The afd just state openly what the rest of you will eventually go along with.
    Your lack of knowledge about history is appalling.

10+ Year Old Account
    No mercy for racists. It’s not like we ran a car through a Brexit rally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

It's an astute move by protesters to be using milkshakes in this fashion. The last person who egged a politician was charged with assault by beating, it's going to be a hell of a lot harder for the judge to make a pithy sentencing this time round unless assault by shaking is on the books.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2019-05-20 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering what Brexit is about to do to the lives of quite a lot of people, be glad he just threw milkshakes and not bricks.
    Last edited by zealo; 2019-05-20 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a milkshake

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    It was a milkshake
    I know, but what would we be saying if it had been vice versa e.g., a right winger doing it to a prominent Remainer? E.g., some skinhead to Caroline Lucas?

This is a slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I know, but what would we be saying if it had been vice versa e.g., a right winger doing it to a prominent Remainer? E.g., some skinhead to Caroline Lucas?

Anna Soubry being called a nazi and traitor kicked up a real stink, imagine what a milkshake would do, 24 hours a day none stop coverage on sky and the bbc.

Either way it has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    I bet if someone chucked a milkshake on you on your way to work you would not be saying that.
    If I was the centre of attention, a millionaire with more millions to come while I am buttfucking the country and having the biggest laugh of my life, yeah, I would be saying exactly that. In fact, I'd stand up and tell them to chuck some more, because with the money I make from ruining the country, I can buy a new suit for every day for the rest of my life. And then I'd laugh in their faces some more.

And that's what he's doing. And you're defending that dickhead? You're a more patient man than I am, I respect that.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, right wingers tend to shoot politicians instead of throwing milkshakes. I prefer the milkshakes...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Heseltine says he will vote Lib Dem and loses the Tory whip.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48344485

10+ Year Old Account

This is a false equivalence. Farage spews violent rhetoric all over the country, he deserves a few milkshakes being thrown on him.

I don't know, right wingers tend to shoot politicians instead of throwing milkshakes. I prefer the milkshakes...
    I'm not sure, I'm genuinely not sure.

I do not think that Remain should be eager to give away the moral high ground.

Morality is what separates us from the likes of Mair.

In short: I don't think this will be anything other than a galvanising force for those on the hard right to think of / do much worse.

What's more powerful and relevant? A Led By Donkeys billboard or throwing a milkshake?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    This is a false equivalence. Farage spews violent rhetoric all over the country, he deserves a few milkshakes being thrown on him.
    Yes, I know. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it?

Edit... yes, you're right. I see what you mean. It is false equivalence.

Look - I don't give a fuck. Milkshake away. It's just, from my pov, I'm not yet ready to go down that path. Yet.
    Last edited by LeGin Tufnel; 2019-05-20 at 09:22 PM.

While I think that he deserves it, it is still unacceptable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Damn that Paul Crowther should be arrested and tickled to death by Dribbles for wasting a Salted Caramel Milkshake.. damn!
    The problem with these radicalised remainers celebrating this milkshaking is they don't know when to stop.

https://twitter.com/andywigmore/stat...78076105084928

I hope the police prosecute the perpetrator, and those that incite them to carry out these attacks, to the fullest.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I hope the police prosecute the perpetrator, and those that incite them to carry out these attacks, to the fullest.
    Wouldn't that be Burger King?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.