View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    That’s a ba-aa-d joke.
    Heh hey!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    I knew a joke about Wales had to do with sheep at some point.
    Sorry, it's innevitable. Like entropy or finding an odd sock in the wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Baleen whales have hair for teeth. :P

People from Wales on the other hand are likely to be covered in a fine down of wool by some unexplainable genetic quirk.
    Ah, Welsh jokes never get old...

"The sheep's a fucking liar!"
    Last edited by Slant; 2019-05-23 at 10:08 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So after a disaster for years and being told several times people would come to their senses, plus that it's not the majority of the UK wanting a brexit, yadda, yadda.
    We are now once again proven by polls that the UK is going to vote for the one person who bailed on the entire brexit process and is now coming back into play after he secured his income as charlatan for RT and other obscure news stations in addition to ensuring his double citizenship.

Big surprise there that everyone with common sense who knew the extension was a bad move, is now being shown why it was a bad move, i mean i could add in worlds like gullible, sadomasochists, racists, bigots to describe this particular movement and at the end of the day they'll get their due.

It's a shame that nobody, except a few willing to short on the pound and certain UK business or EU businesses with heavy UK reliance stand to gain from this. And that for the coming years we'll have more of loud, dumb and zero substance opposition in the EU while having to deal with a few critical issues. What local forum clowns like Dribbles don't get even if the party of the most punchable face since a decade wins big in the UK they will still be rather small on an EU level and the entire "anti-EU" movement is so splintered that they won't be able to pack a punch as they struggle to find consensus, reason why they aren't even all under one EU 'party'.

I'm still hoping for a No Deal. I personally as i find the people put forward by my own party to be rather bland and my party still not having a clear desire of what they want from the EU, i'm going to vote for ALDE and thus Verhofstad. As in a world of extremes voting for the center is a waste vote. I'll be interesting to see what the Netherlands votes on although they have always been rather EU sceptic and with the rise of a new populist who uses fancy words to hide his bigotry i'm sure they'll score quite a few points.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Absolute rubbish.

Myself and other genuine moderates in this thread would have accepted a well-managed, sensibly-debated Brexit in increments.

It’s as your party will shortly find out to its cost: the inability of hard Brexiteers to compromise will a) finally, fracture the Conservatives; b) create a political crisis; c) lead to economic instability and possibly physical conflict.

You have been warned.
    Started milkshaking yet Nigel?

Eurochums I have a question for you. Considering who benefits from this sort of thing do you think you are being stitched up? Was it a radicalised remainer? Or do you think it's a Brexit party conspiracy?

Look at this poor army vet, served his country for decades facing hails of bullets, grenades and wotnot and now those extremist remainers are lobbing milkshakes at him. Or was it even a remainer at all? Perhaps it's just a Brexit party staged thing and all you remainers are being taken for mugs.

Any other volunteers up for taking a milkshake for the Brexit party team? You'll get a medal...

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Looks like the UK Government is doing election fraud by preventing European Citizens from voting in EU elections and losing votes by British Citizens living abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Started milkshaking yet Nigel?

Eurochums I have a question for you. Considering who benefits from this sort of thing do you think you are being stitched up? Was it a radicalised remainer? Or do you think it's a Brexit party conspiracy?

Look at this poor army vet, served his country for decades facing hails of bullets, grenades and wotnot and now those extremist remainers are lobbing milkshakes at him. Or was it even a remainer at all? Perhaps it's just a Brexit party staged thing and all you remainers are being taken for mugs.

Any other volunteers up for taking a milkshake for the Brexit party team? You'll get a medal...
    Is that image supposed to elicit some sort of feeling of sympathy or guilt?

No-one gives a fuck.

And how about:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...ef=uk-homepage

As I said: your refusal to compromise has led to this.

It will get worse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Is that image supposed to elicit some sort of feeling of sympathy or guilt?

No-one gives a fuck.

And how about:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...ef=uk-homepage

As I said: your refusal to compromise has led to this.

It will get worse.
    No definately not.

I was kinda hoping you had started already. The more you milkshake the more you enable us to categorise remainers as fanatics. I'm sure at some point a calculation will be done perhaps 1 milkshake = 1000 votes for the BXP.

This is not about compromise. Accept you lost, accept democracy instead of trying to destroy it and move on, the nation will return to civility.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Democracy would actually be a second referendum, now that all the lies have been exposed and people are more informed (most people at least).
    Is there some kind of "being informed" index you can check on that? Some poll perhaps querying people on if they know true information about Brexit and EU?

It's quite easy to get caught in "everyone knows" thinking trap with something only you might know (or assume to be true).

I would assume rise of Brexit Party wouldn't be quite as rapid if second referendum would have clear chance of reversing course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Is there some kind of "being informed" index you can check on that? Some poll perhaps querying people on if they know true information about Brexit and EU?
    At the present state of democracy worldwide, the average voter "being informed" about what day of the week it is would be a giant leap for mankind.

I was following news closely when Brexit started, but then fell out of the loop and am now slowly catching up on what happened in the last years, using this as a guide:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-32810887

And boy, did you manage to screw it all up. :-) Why the hell are you still in the EU, LOL?

10+ Year Old Account
    No definately not.

I was kinda hoping you had started already. The more you milkshake the more you enable us to categorise remainers as fanatics.
    If only Jo Cox had a milkshake thrown at her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I was following news closely when Brexit started, but then fell out of the loop AND am now slowly catching up on what happened in the last years, using this as a guide:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-32810887

And boy, did you manage to screw it all up. :-) Why the hell are you still in the EU, LOL?
    In short? Because Brexiteers don't want to Brexit. Turns out it's a really fucking stupid idea to trigger a countdown without a plan and without a majority to actually carry out that plan if you ever get round to having one.

May decided that she wanted to try and carry this thing through Parliament using only the Conservatives and the DUP but neglected to actually count the votes, the ERG (hard Brexiteers) never supported her and neither did the DUP who she bribed with a billion quid to support her.

She kept this up untill the 11th hour and by then it was too late because no other parties can actually work with her because she will be replaced soon and no leader can be bound by the actions of a previous leader, in other words there is no point making a deal with May to pass the WA because the next PM can just tear it up.

Thus here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    So after a disaster for years and being told several times people would come to their senses, plus that it's not the majority of the UK wanting a brexit, yadda, yadda.
    We are now once again proven by polls that the UK is going to vote for the one person who bailed on the entire brexit process and is now coming back into play after he secured his income as charlatan for RT and other obscure news stations in addition to ensuring his double citizenship.

Big surprise there that everyone with common sense who knew the extension was a bad move, is now being shown why it was a bad move, i mean i could add in worlds like gullible, sadomasochists, racists, bigots to describe this particular movement and at the end of the day they'll get their due.

It's a shame that nobody, except a few willing to short on the pound and certain UK business or EU businesses with heavy UK reliance stand to gain from this. And that for the coming years we'll have more of loud, dumb and zero substance opposition in the EU while having to deal with a few critical issues. What local forum clowns like Dribbles don't get even if the party of the most punchable face since a decade wins big in the UK they will still be rather small on an EU level and the entire "anti-EU" movement is so splintered that they won't be able to pack a punch as they struggle to find consensus, reason why they aren't even all under one EU 'party'.

I'm still hoping for a No Deal. I personally as i find the people put forward by my own party to be rather bland and my party still not having a clear desire of what they want from the EU, i'm going to vote for ALDE and thus Verhofstad. As in a world of extremes voting for the center is a waste vote. I'll be interesting to see what the Netherlands votes on although they have always been rather EU sceptic and with the rise of a new populist who uses fancy words to hide his bigotry i'm sure they'll score quite a few points.
    There's always going to be a hardcore 30% ish people in the UK that has WW2/Napoleonic mentality that anything and everything between the Channel and the Med are run by those who want to kill brits. The issue is that the other 70% are split. Labour (outside of Corbyn and a handful), LD, Green, Change are all against this, making up a good 55% of the likely vote today.

Myself tactically voted for the Green party since it seems they were the better choice to limit the brexit party pull where I am. Farage is going to get all the plaudits because the people here have a FPTP mentality where somehow just because you're the one with more votes, that means you have the majority. Even if those who are opposed to you have more votes just split between them.

In short? Because Brexiteers don't want to Brexit. Turns out it's a really fucking stupid idea to trigger a countdown without a plan and without a majority to actually carry out that plan if you ever get round to having one.

May decided that she wanted to try and carry this thing through Parliament using only the Conservatives and the DUP but neglected to actually count the votes, the ERG (hard Brexiteers) never supported her and neither did the DUP who she bribed with a billion quid to support her.

She kept this up untill the 11th hour and by then it was too late because no other parties can actually work with her because she will be replaced soon and no leader can be bound by the actions of a previous leader, in other words there is no point making a deal with May to pass the WA because the next PM can just tear it up.

Thus here we are.
    Thank you, this was helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    There's always going to be a hardcore 30% ish people in the UK that has WW2/Napoleonic mentality that anything and everything between the Channel and the Med are run by those who want to kill brits. The issue is that the other 70% are split. Labour (outside of Corbyn and a handful), LD, Green, Change are all against this, making up a good 55% of the likely vote today.

Myself tactically voted for the Green party since it seems they were the better choice to limit the brexit party pull where I am. Farage is going to get all the plaudits because the people here have a FPTP mentality where somehow just because you're the one with more votes, that means you have the majority. Even if those who are opposed to you have more votes just split between them.
    All polling I've seen shows a majority for Brexit Parties (Con, BP and UKIP), to which we can only blame Corbyn for really.

7+ Year Old Account
    All polling I've seen shows a majority for Brexit Parties (Con, BP and UKIP), to which we can only blame Corbyn for really.
    No need to blame anyone, just accept the democratic will of the people is to leave, as today's confirmatory peoples vote will show. Stop trying to impose a minority viewpoint on the majority of the electorate.

Job done.

No need to blame anyone, just accept the democratic will of the people is to leave, as today's confirmatory peoples vote will show. Stop trying to impose a minority viewpoint on the majority of the electorate.

Job done.
    I'm pretty sure that today's vote doesn't count. After all, we had a vote in 2014 and the Brexit Party didn't get any votes at all. So we have to follow that vote. Democracy is all about taking one vote, at one point in time, and slavishly following it for the rest of time.

And I love your satire by the way; "Stop trying to impose a minority viewpoint on the majority of the electorate.". Kind of like 17m trying to impose something on 47m, you mean? That being the size of the UK electorate. It gets even worse if you make it the whole population of the country. Once again I'm thinking that you have to be a secret remainer trying to make Brexiteers look like idiots. What other explanation could there be for shooting yourself so accurately in the foot like this?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...s-admin-errors

A nationwide picture is emerging of EU citizens in the UK being denied their democratic right to vote in the European parliament elections because of administrative errors by local councils.
    https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-e...ctions-brexit/

The U.K.'s Electoral Commission blamed voting problems for EU27 citizens in the European election on the "very short notice" from the government that the ballot would take place.
    Oh, the irony... so the rabble keeps screaming how undemocratic the EU is, while denying EU citizens their right to vote in the UK. I mean, of course you can say the EU is undemocratic if you do that, but really... this is just asking for a verbal thrashing of the highest order.

Meanwhile, because some mentally challenged people still think the Brexit party matters...

Yep, it doesn't. It'll get ignored and we'll get to laugh about Farage being the cock he usually is in EP.
    Last edited by Slant; 2019-05-23 at 05:22 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...s-admin-errors

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-e...ctions-brexit/

Oh, the irony... so the rabble keeps screaming how undemocratic the EU is, while denying EU citizens their right to vote in the UK. I mean, of course you can say the EU is undemocratic if you do that, but really... this is just asking for a verbal thrashing of the highest order.

Meanwhile, because some mentally challenged people still think the Brexit party matters...

Yep, it doesn't. It'll get ignored and we'll get to laugh about Farage being the cock he usually is in EP.
    Hardly a surprise now is it if you see what kind of bigots the brexiteer crowd and how they probably all feel empowered once again to crawl out of whichever hole they came from.

I'm surprised they aren't stopping people from entering while holding tiki torches looking at their American "support" groups.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I'm pretty sure that today's vote doesn't count. After all, we had a vote in 2014 and the Brexit Party didn't get any votes at all. So we have to follow that vote. Democracy is all about taking one vote, at one point in time, and slavishly following it for the rest of time.

And I love your satire by the way; "Stop trying to impose a minority viewpoint on the majority of the electorate.". Kind of like 17m trying to impose something on 47m, you mean? That being the size of the UK electorate. It gets even worse if you make it the whole population of the country. Once again I'm thinking that you have to be a secret remainer trying to make Brexiteers look like idiots. What other explanation could there be for shooting yourself so accurately in the foot like this?
    Your figures are completely wrong.

I accept as fact your 17 (and a bit) million people voted for Brexit however the total electorate is not 47 million.

A third of that 47 million people voluntarily opt out of the electorate by consciously choosing not to vote. If you don't vote you don't count. So at the 2017 General Election with a 68% turnout the total electorate was 32,336,000. (ish)

I was quite correct in saying 17 million brexit voters are a majority of that 32 million.

It gets even worse for you if you calculate it as 85% of voters at the last election voted for parties with a manifesto to deliver the result of the referendum and Brexit.

My advice, stop digging that hole.