View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    LOL. Totally. Let's join all countries together because it's going to be better that way. We are generalizing everything, right? So, this seems to be your logic.
    It would though.

No, me thinking that the UK would be better off outside of the EU does not mean that I think any particular state in the US would be better off outside of the US. The circumstances are different.
    How are they different?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

A bunch of times actually.

LOL. Totally. Let's join all countries together because it's going to be better that way. We are generalizing everything, right? So, this seems to be your logic.
    Because that's the logic of sanity. No EU nation alone is going to be able to make any kind of diplomatic deal that is of equal value for us as it will be for the US/China/India. In the near future add Brazil, Indonesia, or any nation that's over 100m people. Here I am only talking about the big 3 (UK, France, Germany.). Add to that the other european nations you can go further down the list of countries that will out compete it in a 1 v 1 method.

Europe together though will compete and when it comes together has out played the US when it comes to trade deals with 3rd parties. It's put in clauses that gives them the top deals and if anyone else gets a better deal then the 3rd country has to match it with the EU.

We live too much in a world where country sizes range from multi continent spanning or holding hundreds of millions to over a billion people. To those with tens of thousands to tens of millions. Those in the latter groups have been making blocks because simply put in a global world your voice matters and no one at the negotiating table is going to take those with few people. Little resorces seriously. No EU country has the people or the resources to be taken seriously alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Because that's the logic of sanity. No EU nation alone is going to be able to make any kind of diplomatic deal that is of equal value for us as it will be for the US/China/India.
    You are talking strictly about the positives of being a bigger power united, and ignoring the negatives. The negatives are these: the EU are slow and inept, the whole is less than the sum of the parts. That's the short version.

Brewmaster
    You are talking strictly about the positives of being a bigger power united, and ignoring the negatives. The negatives are these: the EU are slow and inept, the whole is less than the sum of the parts. That's the short version.
    One could argue that so is the US, easily.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    One could argue that so is the US, easily.
    Splitting the US is next on the Russian agenda when they're done with the EU, so that's probably his point.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    /snip
    No, no... you do love us. You do.

We're special.

We are!

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post

We're special.

We are!
    "special"

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "special"
    None of that please! It's 2019 after all and we are an inclusive, respectful society with no room for that kind of humour. Plus you will set the burner off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    None of that please! It's 2019 after all and we are an inclusive, respectful society with no room for that kind of humour. Plus you will set the burner off.
    You make some fair points, sir. I shall go back to my milkshake.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post

We're special.

We are!
    I am not guilty of feeling sorry for May in her dealings with the nest of vipers that is her own party, however she has my deepest sympathy for having to deal with Trump when he knows she's stepping down after his visit. You can only imagine how utterly intolerably smug he's going to be in her presence.

Actually, no. What the fuck am I saying!? This is on her too. This State Visit is the ultimate humiliation for our UK and I'm glad she's going to be at ground fucking zero for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You make some fair points, sir. I shall go back to my milkshake.
    On that note, where are all these milkshakes coming from (I'm not being literal here, I know where I can get one although I won't claim to know what the hell is in a milkshake from McDonald's, I can only assume it isn't milk)? These are crimes of opportunity yes? Is there an army of "radical leftists" perpetually armed with milkshakes in case they see someone they don't agree with politically?

The EU isn't slow and inept.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

A bunch of times actually.

That's a little daring. Standalone UK will of course be less important than the EU, but they are certainly not on the level of Turkey. They have nuclear weapons for god's sake. Their GDP is almost 3x that of Turkey. Etc.
    Turkey actually has geostrategical importance due to its location, the UK? Not so much. Not for anyone allied to the EU.

No, me thinking that the UK would be better off outside of the EU does not mean that I think any particular state in the US would be better off outside of the US. The circumstances are different.
    So brexit is only bad because they simply didn't try hard and serious enough, it's good to see that regardless what kind of brexiteer you take they all share one thing in common.

Delusional or stupid, you may pick one seeing how you guys prefer to simplify hard choices down to 2 simple choices.

On that note, where are all these milkshakes coming from (I'm not being literal here, I know where I can get one although I won't claim to know what the hell is in a milkshake from McDonald's, I can only assume it isn't milk)? These are crimes of opportunity yes? Is there an army of "radical leftists" perpetually armed with milkshakes in case they see someone they don't agree with politically?
    I imagine the first one was a random attack against Farage because they think that, rightfully, he's a bit of a twat. After that, you could either go the way of people imitating the first one because they also agree and found it amusing or, you could say they're people on Farage's side setting things up to garner sympathy/support. Either way, I wouldn't be shocked.

I am not guilty of feeling sorry for May in her dealings with the nest of vipers that is her own party, however she has my deepest sympathy for having to deal with Trump when he knows she's stepping down after his visit. You can only imagine how utterly intolerably smug he's going to be in her presence.

Actually, no. What the fuck am I saying!? This is on her too. This State Visit is the ultimate humiliation for our UK and I'm glad she's going to be at ground fucking zero for it.

- - - Updated - - -

See my avatar.
    Elizabeth Warren is the neighbor in the horror movie who drives by the haunted house and is like “hey guys seems bad in there want to come with me?” and America is the family that’s like “nah it’s probably not that bad there were only chainsaw noises in the night that one time!”

Oh, ok, so that's why the EU came into the negotiations at full steam, with a prepared battle plan and strategic goals being placed well ahead of time so the UK was on the backfoot pretty much before the negotiations started... because the EU is slow and inept. Right...

Tell me, would you call this withdrawal agreement better for the EU or for the UK?

And then tell me, who came up with it, because it was really all they could accomplish?

Thanks, tell me again how the EU is slow and inept. This will be a textbook example of how to assert your position in international diplomacy and trade negotiations... slow and inept, as if.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

This is just embarrassing... Our entire country should be ashamed of themselves for causing this.

2nd prime minister out and no one has a realistic plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    This is just embarrassing... Our entire country should be ashamed of themselves for causing this.
    The embarrassing thing is that almost 3 years in, many MPs still don't seem to grasp what the EU does and what sort of deal is possible in the real world. But it can get worse. Where May genuinely tried to find a realistic solution, but couldn't sell it at home, you could end up with BoJo leading the tories and becoming PM, and you will then realise that the UK can sink even lower into madness. Hell has nine rings. Please try to stay in the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    It's not the entire countries fault. Don't beat yourself up over something you voted against.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.