View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    As much as I loathe Farage attacks on politicians is NOT the way to handle things...
    It's an astute move by protesters to be using milkshakes in this fashion. The last person who egged a politician was charged with assault by beating, it's going to be a hell of a lot harder for the judge to make a pithy sentencing this time round unless assault by shaking is on the books.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2019-05-20 at 03:28 PM.

As much as I loathe Farage attacks on politicians is NOT the way to handle things...
    Considering what Brexit is about to do to the lives of quite a lot of people, be glad he just threw milkshakes and not bricks.
    Last edited by zealo; 2019-05-20 at 04:43 PM.

It was a milkshake

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    It was a milkshake
    I know, but what would we be saying if it had been vice versa e.g., a right winger doing it to a prominent Remainer? E.g., some skinhead to Caroline Lucas?

This is a slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I know, but what would we be saying if it had been vice versa e.g., a right winger doing it to a prominent Remainer? E.g., some skinhead to Caroline Lucas?

Anna Soubry being called a nazi and traitor kicked up a real stink, imagine what a milkshake would do, 24 hours a day none stop coverage on sky and the bbc.

Either way it has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    I bet if someone chucked a milkshake on you on your way to work you would not be saying that.
    If I was the centre of attention, a millionaire with more millions to come while I am buttfucking the country and having the biggest laugh of my life, yeah, I would be saying exactly that. In fact, I'd stand up and tell them to chuck some more, because with the money I make from ruining the country, I can buy a new suit for every day for the rest of my life. And then I'd laugh in their faces some more.

And that's what he's doing. And you're defending that dickhead? You're a more patient man than I am, I respect that.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, right wingers tend to shoot politicians instead of throwing milkshakes. I prefer the milkshakes...
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Heseltine says he will vote Lib Dem and loses the Tory whip.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48344485

This is a false equivalence. Farage spews violent rhetoric all over the country, he deserves a few milkshakes being thrown on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I don't know, right wingers tend to shoot politicians instead of throwing milkshakes. I prefer the milkshakes...
    I'm not sure, I'm genuinely not sure.

I do not think that Remain should be eager to give away the moral high ground.

Morality is what separates us from the likes of Mair.

In short: I don't think this will be anything other than a galvanising force for those on the hard right to think of / do much worse.

What's more powerful and relevant? A Led By Donkeys billboard or throwing a milkshake?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    This is a false equivalence. Farage spews violent rhetoric all over the country, he deserves a few milkshakes being thrown on him.
    Yes, I know. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it?

Edit... yes, you're right. I see what you mean. It is false equivalence.

Look - I don't give a fuck. Milkshake away. It's just, from my pov, I'm not yet ready to go down that path. Yet.
    Last edited by LeGin Tufnel; 2019-05-20 at 09:22 PM.

While I think that he deserves it, it is still unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Damn that Paul Crowther should be arrested and tickled to death by Dribbles for wasting a Salted Caramel Milkshake.. damn!
    The problem with these radicalised remainers celebrating this milkshaking is they don't know when to stop.

https://twitter.com/andywigmore/stat...78076105084928

I hope the police prosecute the perpetrator, and those that incite them to carry out these attacks, to the fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I hope the police prosecute the perpetrator, and those that incite them to carry out these attacks, to the fullest.
    Wouldn't that be Burger King?
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Trebuchets new meta.

Saying that throwing a milkshake at Farage is the wrong thing to do is not bloody well defending the man. It is just pointing out that "disagreeing" with a politician by throwing things at them is the wrong thing to do in a democracy.

Just as freedom of speech applies to people I neither like nor agree with. What a person deserves and what civilized democracy will do to them are two very different things.

I'm not sure, I'm genuinely not sure.

I do not think that Remain should be eager to give away the moral high ground.

Morality is what separates us from the likes of Mair.

In short: I don't think this will be anything other than a galvanising force for those on the hard right to think of / do much worse.

What's more powerful and relevant? A Led By Donkeys billboard or throwing a milkshake?
    Oh, Led By Donkeys for sure. But make no mistake, neither LbD nor milkshakes will change anything about extremists. Not one thing. Everything they do is to spite you.

- - - Updated - - -

Saying that throwing a milkshake at Farage is the wrong thing to do is not bloody well defending the man. It is just pointing out that "disagreeing" with a politician by throwing things at them is the wrong thing to do in a democracy.

Just as freedom of speech applies to people I neither like nor agree with. What a person deserves and what civilized democracy will do to them are two very different things.
    Yep, one group throws milkshakes, the other just kills politicians. Throwing food at politicians is as old as politics. It's not a problem. It's a friendly hint that these politicians are rotten assholes. What's troubling is if the mob starts getting the actual pitchforks out and guillotines are being erected.

Until that day, how about we chill out with a best of compilation of politicians being hit by edible stuff...

Seriously, getting all dramatic about this... with Farage no less, that's just wrong. He's lucky that wasn't me. I'd have pissed in the cup and stuffed his silly face with it.
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Is my browser scuffed or do we have 10 ghost pages at the moment?

No, you're quite right, 10 non-existent pages are showing for me as well.

Who got deleted this time?

The right: The persistent, vicious and coordinated abuse of women in public life = just a joke.

Also the right: throwing a milkshake at someone they like = literal crime of the century

This thread WILL make it to a thousand pages goddamnit Stop getting yourselves permabanned and account deleted chrissakes people.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Trebuchets new meta.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The problem with these radicalised remainers celebrating this milkshaking is they don't know when to stop.

https://twitter.com/andywigmore/stat...78076105084928

I was sarcastic Dribbles.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.