View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #19121
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    24% in opinion polls does not translate to 24% of the seats. In fact, in a FPTP system, it may translate to zero.
    And it isn't even 24%. That was the high outlier from recent polls. There have been others since putting them at ~18% which is where they are on a combined poll of polls. Just dribbles being misleading, as usual. Hell there were some polls put them as low as 10% fairly recently.

    And as soon as they start to pick policies, that number will go down. Especially as their far right tendencies start to leak out.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Brexophilia: The act of rubbing yourself against dead political ideas for sexual pleasure.

  2. #19122
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    And it isn't even 24%. That was the high outlier from recent polls. There have been others since putting them at ~18% which is where they are on a combined poll of polls. Just dribbles being misleading, as usual. Hell there were some polls put them as low as 10% fairly recently.

    And as soon as they start to pick policies, that number will go down. Especially as their far right tendencies start to leak out.
    "Leak"? They aren't exactly subtle.

    And I went with his number because even that is no guarantee. For 24% to carry an FPTP seat, votes would have to be fragmented at least 5 ways in an even spread. Don't see that happening.

  3. #19123

  4. #19124
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    The 2016 Express article aged well.

    As did the tweet
    Well, don't see how closure of one (or perhaps two) plants that already had problems in 2016 refutes his argument.

  5. #19125
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Just leaving this here, because it's too brilliant not to share:

    https://twitter.com/davemacladd/stat...442017287?s=09

    This is a Brexiteer and a Brexiteer MP getting in a row over who's more stupid. I shit you not.
    That was magical.
    Often updated... ?

  6. #19126
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    The 2016 Express article aged well.


    As did the tweet
    The thing is, the only thing that would save that industry would be for the UK to be in the EU but with no say, given they vetoed the EU's plan of action against Chinese steel dumping. It really is much too late now.

  7. #19127
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, the only thing that would save that industry would be for the UK to be in the EU but with no say, given they vetoed the EU's plan of action against Chinese steel dumping. It really is much too late now.
    In the long long long long term then possibly - the reason that the company is collapsing right now is entirely down to Brexit uncertainty and the weakened pound (because of Brexit).

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Well, don't see how closure of one (or perhaps two) plants that already had problems in 2016 refutes his argument.
    His argument or your argument?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-22 at 01:42 PM.

  8. #19128
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    His argument or your argument?
    I'm not seeing what your argument is there.

    Quoting from article you linked in 2016:
    Mr Farage was asked if a Brexit vote on June 23 would help save the huge Tata-owned steel plant in Port Talbot, South Wales, and secure the future of the industry across the UK.
    He said: “We can give you a chance. We can give you a fighting chance”.
    Mr Farage said leaving the EU would allow Britain to make energy costs more competitive and offer greater protection against China’s dumping of cheap steel on international markets.
    He also hit out at EU procurement laws, adding: “Whether we are building a warship or whatever it is, under EU rules we have to tender this out to German companies and French companies as well.
    "So yeah: Could we give the British steel industry a chance? Yes.
    "If we vote to Remain on June 23 it is the end of the steel industry in this country. Simple as that."


    Well, first, you still haven't left, so no mentioned (potential) benefits from that, and second, it was still just a chance, not certainty.

  9. #19129
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I'm not seeing what your argument is there.
    My point was I'm not convinced that you and Dribbles are separate people.

  10. #19130
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    My point was I'm not convinced that you and Dribbles are separate people.
    And neither i am convinced that you and dribbles aren't the same man too.

    That has nothing to do with your attempt at mocking Farage though.

  11. #19131
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    And neither i am convinced that you and dribbles aren't the same man too.
    I don't use language in the same way Dribbles does, you do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    That has nothing to do with your attempt at mocking Farage though.
    Attempt suggests I was unsuccessful. Mocking racist twats like Farage is one of the easiest and most effective things to do against them, as his reaction to being milkshaked shows.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-22 at 04:35 PM.

  12. #19132
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, the only thing that would save that industry would be for the UK to be in the EU but with no say, given they vetoed the EU's plan of action against Chinese steel dumping. It really is much too late now.
    The only thing that saves the British industry is huge government subsidies. The nature of the national and global economy mean steel production in the UK is just not feasible in any meaningful sense unless there is some huge change in how that market operates (no, Brexit wouldn't even get close).


    What confuses is me is the amount of politicians and commentators willing to extol the virtues of the free market, yet, when it fails as spectacularly has it has done here, they are the first to propose government intervention. They are often the same people who say we can't afford social welfare... then demand we all pay for corporate welfare.

  13. #19133
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    I don't use language in the same way Dribbles does, you do.
    Nope.

    In fact the difference is easy to spot - being Russian, i'm pretty much ignoring articles outright.

    Attempt suggests I was unsuccessful. Mocking racist twats like Farage is one of the easiest and most effective things to do against them, as his reaction to being milkshaked shows.
    And yet you failed... quite sad. Do better next time.

  14. #19134
    /sings "She'll be sacked in the morning"

    I'm going to take no huge pleasure from it - even if she is an evil old witch. Things are about to get a lot worse

    This is just further polarisation.

    Literally, we're going to end up with a black/white scenario that will leave half the country very angry and likely committing crimes of varying degrees of seriousness.

    /sharpens milkshake

  15. #19135
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Nope.

    In fact the difference is easy to spot - being Russian, i'm pretty much ignoring articles outright.
    While Dribbles types like a Russian troll who learnt English from a 1800s textbook, what's your point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    And yet you failed... quite sad. Do better next time.
    In what way did I, or everyone else linking the racist's posts fail?

    Farage promised that a vote to leave the EU was the only way to save British Steel, the UK voted to leave the EU, and now the direct effects of the UK voting to leave the EU have led to the end of British Steel - which bit of that is inaccurate?

    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    /sharpens milkshake
    NIGEL Farage was reportedly trapped on his Brexit Party bus today over fears people gathered around it were carrying milkshakes.


    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Literally, we're going to end up with a black/white scenario that will leave half the country very angry and likely committing crimes of varying degrees of seriousness.
    Brexit party supporters are always going to be angry unfortunately, regardless of us leaving the EU or not.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-22 at 05:24 PM.

  16. #19136
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    He he he

    I've just noticed:



    The dude who shaked Farage in Newcastle - he's a gamer. Look at his tshirt.

    Anyone who frequents this board? lol

  17. #19137
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Attempt suggests I was unsuccessful. Mocking racist twats like Farage is one of the easiest and most effective things to do against them, as his reaction to being milkshaked shows.
    Are you a secret Brexiteer? Every time you and others mock, call a twat, a paedophile, milkshake brexiteers etc etc, Farage and his popularity rises. Please carry on, I salute your efforts. Sterling and effective job you are doing there for us chief, look how you and others have helped the meteoric rise of the Brexit party in the polls. We couldn't have done it without people like yourself.

    Not interested in distributing any leaflets in your spare time by any chance are you?

  18. #19138
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    In what way did I, or everyone else linking the racist's posts fail?
    You thought that simply linking two articles and a tweet counts as mocking.

    Meanwhile, article you yourself linked explains on which conditions that tweet worked - and Farage isn't even promising that it definitely will even if all conditions will be met.

    You're still in EU, and your steel industry is dying - that actually supports rather then undermines Farage's point. "Being in EU" certainly holds much greater weight in demise of steel industry then "Farage's tweets" - and it was already precarious before voting.

    Farage promised that a vote to leave the EU was the only way to save British Steel, the UK voted to leave the EU, and now the direct effects of the UK voting to leave the EU have led to the end of British Steel - which bit of that is inaccurate?
    Nope, he said actually leaving EU might save steel industry.

    Not just voting for it.

  19. #19139
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    He he he

    I've just noticed:



    The dude who shaked Farage in Newcastle - he's a gamer. Look at his tshirt.

    Anyone who frequents this board? lol
    Worst thing about that picture is that as i type I am wearing the exact same design T-shirt << >>

    I promise though it's not me. I for one don't grow facial hair or waste milkshake.

  20. #19140
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Worst thing about that picture is that as i type I am wearing the exact same design T-shirt
    LOL... excellent

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •