View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #19221
    Preliminary results:

    https://election-results.eu/



    Everybody's both surprised and really not surprised at the Greens gaining so much. Alde gained a lot of votes as well, I think Verhofstadt is mainly responsible for their increased profile during these Brexit negotiations. Conservatives be conservatives. Everyone happy? Shut up, Dribs, you'll be out on November 1st. Nobody cares. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  2. #19222
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Rofl that London result
    Corbyn's own area went LD

  3. #19223
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Germany had nearly 60% turn-out (and a quarter of those voted Green).
    Let's hope nobody mentions Autobahn tempo limits. That would grind the environmental train to a screeching halt very suddenly...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  4. #19224
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Preliminary results:

    https://election-results.eu/



    Everybody's both surprised and really not surprised at the Greens gaining so much. Alde gained a lot of votes as well, I think Verhofstadt is mainly responsible for their increased profile during these Brexit negotiations. Conservatives be conservatives. Everyone happy? Shut up, Dribs, you'll be out on November 1st. Nobody cares. :P
    I am looking forward to laughing at how ECR, EFDD and ENF fumble and fail to cooperate for the next five years.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  5. #19225
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am looking forward to laughing at how ECR, EFDD and ENF fumble and fail to cooperate for the next five years.
    It doesn't even matter. They're largely just there to obstruct and destroy the EU. They have three quarters of parliament standing against them and for the EU.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  6. #19226
    I think these are the results for Theresa May's constituency:

    https://www3.rbwm.gov.uk/info/200394...ection_results

    Change UK - The Independent Group 2,051
    Conservative and Unionist Party, 5,496
    Green Party 4,554
    Labour Party 1,847
    Liberal Democrats 12,769
    The Brexit Party 13,289
    UKIP 580
    Others (personal nominations and misc parties): 296

    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Let's hope nobody mentions Autobahn tempo limits. That would grind the environmental train to a screeching halt very suddenly...
    Wasn't that talked about in a cabinet meeting a couple of weeks ago, and the idea killed off about as fast as it arrived?
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-05-26 at 10:18 PM.

  7. #19227
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Wasn't that talked about in a cabinet meeting a couple of weeks ago, and the idea killed off about as fast as it arrived?
    It's a running gag in German politics, really. We're all for saving the environment, but don't touch our Autobahn. For some reason we're as adamant about that as US rednecks about their gun rights. Arguably, both are just as dangerous, you could say.

    I don't drive the Autobahn often, and when I do I don't drive much beyond 150... but I will die on this hill if they make it a rule that I can't. :P

    Some idiot that wants to gain publicity mentions it every couple of years, just to see how it goes. It's sure to gain attention and... well, I say idiot, because whoever does it is pretty much ending his career the second he utters the last syllable.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  8. #19228
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's a running gag in German politics, really. We're all for saving the environment, but don't touch our Autobahn. For some reason we're as adamant about that as US rednecks about their gun rights. Arguably, both are just as dangerous, you could say.

    I don't drive the Autobahn often, and when I do I don't drive much beyond 150... but I will die on this hill if they make it a rule that I can't. :P

    Some idiot that wants to gain publicity mentions it every couple of years, just to see how it goes. It's sure to gain attention and... well, I say idiot, because whoever does it is pretty much ending his career the second he utters the last syllable.
    Same, I don't really go faster than 140-150. 150 is fast enough IMO. I did 170 in driving school a couple of times though.

  9. #19229
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Rofl that London result
    Congratulations on Change UK's stellar performance, I'm sure you are glad you donated to them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    That's Jeremy Corbyn's constituency, by the way. If that was a by-election or general election result, he'd no longer be an MP.
    Yes and if the last european election had been representative of the general election then UKIP would have won by a landslide.

    Guess what? That didn't happen. UKIP didn't win a single seat. Because european elections are not representative of anything that matters. As any one with an IQ in three digits knows...

  10. #19230
    Helped get the first Green elected to the West Midlands tonight. Feels good man.

    Labour getting hammered tonight, a much harder night for them than the Conservatives in some ways. Will be very interested in seeing how Labour fared in reality Vs what was predicted.

  11. #19231
    Just watching Sky News... it's amazing how they still turn this election, which has NOTHING to do with domestic politics into all about the UK. The Greens MEP lady was just basically cheering the gains of her party and he went on about this is a catastrophe for the conservatives. Dude, why steal her spotlight like that? She didn't join the studio to talk about conservatives... and when she points out the Europe-wide success of the Greens, he kept on talking about Brexit in southwestern England.

    I mean, if you keep elevating the Brexit party and talk about them constantly, you are giving them more legitimacy than they deserve. To the British, apparently, this was really a local poll to see if a GE makes sense where other countries just accidentally had a similar vote not connected to the UK at all.

    Dangit, it's time for a EU-wide broadcaster. Going back to watching France24 now...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  12. #19232
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Shut up, Dribs,
    I'm taking these results with a beer and my customary humility. Thanks for the congratulations, it means so much.

    you'll be out on November 1st. Nobody cares. :P
    I know, and with no deal. Wonderful.

  13. #19233
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Dangit, it's time for a EU-wide broadcaster. Going back to watching France24 now...
    Euronews? It's very decent.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  14. #19234
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That'll be the dribbles narrative.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Brexit Party can't get anything but a net plus in terms of the EU election anyway. They literally can't get a negative, they're a brand new party and have nothing to lose lol
    BRexit party (just like UKIP party before) should just be called the cult of Farage. Pretty much everything about it is the same so this whole narrative they try to push as "A new party." i find just a bit of spin. Not just that but the fact the fractured remain vote is hitting above the Brexit vote is telling. If their version of Brexit was what the public wants then surely they should be getting 50% or 60% not 30-35%

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also lol Allistair Campbell being the damn voice of reason on BBC right now.

  15. #19235
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Euronews? It's very decent.
    Euronews tends to be lazy at times and just show uncommentated stuff. I'd like to watch pundits have fun with the results. Watching Euronews now, as France24 seems to tune out now.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  16. #19236
    The interesting spin out of tonight is coming from the Brexit Party. The new narrative is that UKIP never existed and the complete collapse of the UKIP vote has nothing to do with them. All these Brexit Party votes are in fact brand new people and they didn't just gobble up an old one.

  17. #19237
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Euronews tends to be lazy at times and just show uncommentated stuff. I'd like to watch pundits have fun with the results. Watching Euronews now, as France24 seems to tune out now.
    Tbh I think NEWS should be as much about objective facts as possible and far less about commentary. Remove the excessive comments and all that is left that is problematic is selection bias.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  18. #19238
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Also lol Allistair Campbell being the damn voice of reason on BBC right now.
    He's been good lol! Also Sargon didn't get a seat, unsurprising but still funny.

  19. #19239
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    He's been good lol! Also Sargon didn't get a seat, unsurprising but still funny.
    Knew he wasn't getting one since the cult of farage bailed on UKIP for Brexit party. Again Brexit party coming with more votes than others. But remain vote beating the leave vote.

  20. #19240
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tbh I think NEWS should be as much about objective facts as possible and far less about commentary. Remove the excessive comments and all that is left that is problematic is selection bias.
    I've thought about that for a while. Commentary is important to put things into context. For a while, I toyed with the question of how journalism would look like if you removed adjectives from the reporting. Sounds stupid, but a lot of bias is hidden in those adjectives. Is Farage giving you a condescending grin or just a grin? Different connotation altogether.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •