View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Because it's the exact opposite of the truth? I know truth is an entirely alien concept for you, but all the polls show that Remain is getting more popular as time goes by. Partly due to the old rascists that voted leave in 2016 dying off. Even in a fairly single issue low turnout poll like the EU elections, you still only managed to get a third of the vote for your "Brexit at any cost" party.

You're fucked dribbles. Your Brexit is going to die. It doesn't matter how the Brexit party polls before the crazy leaks into their manifesto. It doesn't matter which moron wins the votes of 120k old Tory members, because the math of Parliament doesn't change. You could have had a Brexit, but you didn't want to compromise. You wanted to win it all. Well now you are going to lose it all instead. Just a matter of time now.
    Easy there. I understand what you are saying but stating how things will be with such certainty and condescension is kinda turning you into a mirror Dribbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's really stark naked fear of unemployment that keeps people in line.
    That kind of sounds irrational. German unemployment rates are very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Still germans are always on the bad side is true, name a german hero
    Sophie Scholl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Well that's a wonderful display of ignorance above.
    Ignorance, on its own, can be helped.

Wilful and weaponised ignorance? Snowball's chance in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That kind of sounds irrational. German unemployment rates are very low.
    Now you know why. Is it upsetting you that Germans can be irrational?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Now you know why. Is it upsetting you that Germans can be irrational?
    It is upsetting to me when people are irrational and because of that act against their own interest. Germans are just people, I don't believe in any form of exceptionalism.

It is upsetting to me when people are irrational and because of that act against their own interest. Germans are just people, I don't believe in any form of exceptionalism.
    Well then... "against our own interests" is a subjective thing, really. We've acquired a deep and very strong distate for social benefits and all the stigma associated with it. Better to work a badly paid job than... leech of the state. And yes, that's the common phrase when talking about these issues.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Until Brexit the NHS is subject to EU competition rules which means artificially high costs for medicine in the UK. If US drug companies were allowed free access to the UK market they would lower the costs of many drugs through competition to patients.
    Oh, yeah, the US is famous for cheap drugs...

Do you even read what you're writing?

And since when is competition driving prices up?

Btw completely expected yet happy news:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...KCN1T61AM?il=0

An organized eurosceptic bloc is DOA.

Unification wasn't the reason for austerity. We got a specific tax set aside for that very purpose, it's called the solidarity tax and money from that is flowing eastwards into infrastructure. Yes, present tense, because we're still paying for that. So that's not the reason.

Austerity was begun by our leftist Government back in the early 2000s and then continued with Merkel until early 2010s or so. We've never officially talked about it, but as far as I can tell, austerity isn't happening anymore. We're in normal spending mode. The only reason we got these surplusses is that we had a proper economic boom now that the east is catching up and our crazy finance minister was an economic genius for once.

Of course, there were sectors that suffered. Our military is really not happy, but they're getting more funds now. We're slowly ramping shit up, but Germany doesn't play fast and loose with tax money like some would hope.

There has never been any "patriotism" in accepting low wages. Our unions are really more responsible for this than anyone else. And the current mentality is that we'd rather have a badly paid job than no job at all. What you're describing is not true. It's really stark naked fear of unemployment that keeps people in line. The Government has next to nothing to do with it. The last time we heard a Chancellor talk about saving money and how everyone had to pitch in was over a decade ago.

Corporations and companies are also reluctant to invest into labor cost thanks to Brexit and other international economic problems... add it all together and you have a situation in which one side isn't willing to increase wages while the other side isn't willing to risk their job over wages.

TL;DR: We're not suffering enough, that's why wages are low (while still high in comparison to other countries).
    Lucky Germans... We are still in austerity mode in dutchieland... (I hate the netherlands politicians with a burning passion).. with possibly even new austerity measures coming in 2020.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Lucky Germans... We are still in austerity mode in dutchieland... (I hate the netherlands politicians with a burning passion).. with possibly even new austerity measures coming in 2020.
    If you will indulge yourselves in expensive vanity projects, like EU membership, only yourself to blame. You could always leave and save billions!

If you will indulge yourselves in expensive vanity projects, like EU membership, only yourself to blame. You could always leave and save billions!
    This bait is a bit too obvious.
    Often updated... ?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This bait is a bit too obvious.
    way too obvious Bit I will humor myself and bite:

Leaving means: returning to guilders = downgrading how much its worth, renegiotating trade deals.. you got more oomph if you do that with 300+ million people, then 17million people. = costs billions for no gain.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

Well, to be fair... from what my brother told me when he worked there for a couple of years, The Netherlands is kind of a paradise working environment with social benefits that outclass even our own. That's costing you a lot, I'm guessing.

- - - Updated - - -

Trillions, mate. And the world will bow down and recognise the Dutch superiority and beg for trade deals. Except the British Empire, of course. Nobody can contest the supreme rule of the British that everyone would benefit from.

Well, to be fair... from what my brother told me when he worked there for a couple of years, The Netherlands is kind of a paradise working environment with social benefits that outclass even our own. That's costing you a lot, I'm guessing.

- - - Updated - - -

Trillions, mate. And the world will bow down and recognise the Dutch superiority and beg for trade deals. Except the British Empire, of course. Nobody can contest the supreme rule of the British that everyone would benefit from.
    Thats true...

and about the superiority of the British Empire... *cough* Medway? *cough*

Thats true...

and about the superiority of the British Empire... *cough* Medway? *cough*
    You silly dutch person. Don't you realise that British (and before that English) defeats never happened. It is all glorious victories for the honour of God, England and St George!

(At least that's how School History is taught, even 1066 is sometimes twisted into a Victory for the English people at times)

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    You silly dutch person. Don't you realise that British (and before that English) defeats never happened. It is all glorious victories for the honour of God, England and St George!

(At least that's how School History is taught, even 1066 is sometimes twisted into a Victory for the English people at times)
    Really? My sense of being British is basically:

a) Worse things happen at sea.

b) Mustn't grumble.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Really? My sense of being British is basically:

a) Worse things happen at sea.

b) Mustn't grumble.
    See, that's why you aren't a Brexiteer like real Brits

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    See, that's why you aren't a Brexiteer like real Brits
    You can say the real English now, Wales has bowed out of the Brexit idea now, too and say they want to remain in the EU.

Not sure how that goes in line with their almost unanimous "Let's fuck ourselves" vote... but they're Welsh, one has to be understanding of their ways... Or so the English told me.

Scarab Lord
    Labour-run Welsh government switches policy on Brexit to back staying in EU

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2019-...uropean-union/

http://record.assembly.wales/Plenary/5662#A51426 <<< Welsh Assembly session report, including the statement

Scotland was of course the first to congratulate them for their new course...

Btw completely expected yet happy news:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...KCN1T61AM?il=0

An organized eurosceptic bloc is DOA.
    You mean that just having the same enemy doesn't make up for the fact that one side hates the other side?

Shocking.

It's kind of funny and sad that the racist Hungarian party and Polish see themselves as Western and use fear of immigrates (nobody immigrates to these two countries) to get into power while at the same time the racist parties in Western European countries see them as East and want to leave the EU toe because of them.