View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    .. they use the UK courts and accept the UK ruling?
    But the UK courts don't have jurisdiction about foreign matters? Remember they must be breaking EU regulations not UK regulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    But the UK courts don't have jurisdiction about foreign matters? Remember they must be breaking EU regulations not UK regulations.
    exactly why i voted to leave, it needs to change.

Deleted
    Not sure what there is to negotiate. The UK wants to leave, let them leave. If they refuse the leave, kindly kick them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The intelligence of a brexiteer, leaving the EU so that the UK courts get more say in foreign matters.

Deleted

Oh man....
    You know, whether you vote for or against it doesn't matter, but some people shouldn't vote at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Honestly are you insane?

Spanish police are not acting on behalf of the EU.
    Of course they are.

Do you think if El Caudillo in Brussels supported the seperatists, European funded/Spanish police thugs would still be shooting their EU pensioners? For the same reason the EU cannot countenance Brexit, who would be next? Bavaria would be far better off if it could only get rid of leechy Germany, what about Italy where half believe that Africa begins at Rome... many other examples too. I guess you think if the tanks are rolling through Barcelona next week they won't be EU tanks either, will they be EU tanks in ten years time when you have a common EU defence force and perhaps they are peace keeping the Walloons/Flemish split in Belgium?

Make no mistake the EU extremists want Britain to be worse off after Brexit for the same reasons it doesn't want a Catalonian exit from Spain, self preservation and their continuing existence. The human rights abuses witnessed by the world in a major EU country just a few days ago and probably again in a few days time are the biggest advert for Brexit there could ever have been.

For those reasons there was never going to be a UK/EU deal and never will be, if the UK were to get a good deal the EU could not survive. If Catalonia splits from Spain the EU cannot survive, El Caudillo from Brussels knows a few sacrificed Spanish/Catalan pensioners and no deal with the UK is the price it may have to pay.

The UK in its heart knows that too.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Every day the news has pictures of European police hospitalising european old age pensioners with batons, as in Catalonia, people realise that if the Brexit vote was to happen in ten years time those same Brussels bully boys could be doing the same to British pensioners in London.
    Lots of the violence in Catalonia was exaggerated. Remember the lady who had "Her fingers broken one by one"?

She lied.

The one thing I've learned about some videos on police violence is that there is a massive lack of context.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post

Brextremist I believe is the term.
    Just go for cunt, save some key strokes.

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-10-14 at 05:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Of course they are.

But if you want a factual answer: They acted on orders from the Catalan High Court of Justice.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2017-10-12 at 02:55 PM.

Funny that, when asked what kind of deal May was going for not so long ago, the answer given was thaht the deal we get will be the best possible deal ever devised.

Ignoring the obvious that that statement is moronic at best and shows complete and utter incompetence at worst, does this mean that no deal is the best outcome? Are people that ignorant???

Also, I never asked to leave but rather the opposite

Fair thee well, red-white-and-blue-brexit /salute

Deleted
    Michel Barnier just is saying what we all know.
    The UK Officials are not prepared for Brexit. Their own Parliament is still unable to make up its mind of what Brexit means.

Also good luck with going back to WTO rules. The Americans have been blocking new WTO Judges in attempt to weaken it and their are only 3 or so left, the last one is to leave in 2019.

http://www.politico.eu/article/there...it-transition/
    Looks like the Uk will still follow ecj rulings.

Of course they are.

Do you think if El Caudillo in Brussels supported the seperatists, European funded/Spanish police thugs would still be shooting their EU pensioners? For the same reason the EU cannot countenance Brexit, who would be next? Bavaria would be far better off if it could only get rid of leechy Germany, what about Italy where half believe that Africa begins at Rome... many other examples too. I guess you think if the tanks are rolling through Barcelona next week they won't be EU tanks either, will they be EU tanks in ten years time when you have a common EU defence force and perhaps they are peace keeping the Walloons/Flemish split in Belgium?

Make no mistake the EU extremists want Britain to be worse off after Brexit for the same reasons it doesn't want a Catalonian exit from Spain, self preservation and their continuing existence. The human rights abuses witnessed by the world in a major EU country just a few days ago and probably again in a few days time are the biggest advert for Brexit there could ever have been.

For those reasons there was never going to be a UK/EU deal and never will be, if the UK were to get a good deal the EU could not survive. If Catalonia splits from Spain the EU cannot survive, El Caudillo from Brussels knows a few sacrificed Spanish/Catalan pensioners and no deal with the UK is the price it may have to pay.

The UK in its heart knows that too.
    Stop your dribbling, of course we're not going to give the UK as good a deal as they would've had being in the EU, otherwise what would be the point of membership. That's not extremism, that's common sense. That doesn't mean you can't get a deal at all, but your government is a shambles and doesn't even seem to know what it wants out of a deal.

Violence that happened in Spain has been condemned by the EU, and perhaps in time there will be some human rights court cases before European courts about it. It's hardly an argument against the EU itself though since they have no control over Spanish police forces. I wonder if you thought the Hillsborough disaster was an argument against the European Communities or perhaps the United Nations as well? Honestly, how would not being in the EU have prevented that violence, do you even take a second to reflect on these questions?

ofc we wont get as good a deal as we had in the EU, thats obvious

however after the state of the (european) union speech by juncker, their inability to condemn spain's brutal opposition to the catalonia referendum, and their design of an EU super state with 1 parliament, 1 army and 1 financial body, voting to leave was the right idea.

we have basically saved ourselves from disaster.

Deleted

however after the state of the (european) union speech by juncker, their inability to condemn spain's brutal opposition to the catalonia referendum, and their design of an EU super state with 1 parliament, 1 army and 1 financial body, voting to leave was the right idea.

No deal is the biggest disaster.

10+ Year Old Account

"Sure am glad I shot off my leg, otherwise I could have stubbed my toe!"
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Saved ourselves from disaster by walking blindly off a brexit cliff edge? We have royally fucked ourselves.
    if all else fails i can move to france because my partner and i have a home there.

but i do think voting leave was 100% the right thing to do

Deleted
    if all else fails i can move to france because my partner and i have a home there.

but i do think voting leave was 100% the right thing to do
    So right that you will move to an EU country if it goes wrong.

Deleted
    Voted Remain because I thought it was the right thing to do, Stronger Together and all that, but ultimately, it doesn't matter to me.

I know for a fact that i'm well off enough to survive through any recession that Brexit will bring to the UK (unlike the legions of Working Class retards who voted Leave), and if all else fails, i've got dual citizenship with the Republic of Ireland, so I can just head over to the continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Voted Remain because I thought it was the right thing to do, Stronger Together and all that, but ultimately, it doesn't matter to me.

I know for a fact that i'm well off enough to survive through any recession that Brexit will bring to the UK (unlike the legions of Working Class retards who voted Leave), and if all else fails, i've got dual citizenship with the Republic of Ireland, so I can just head over to the continent.
    I'm wondering how widespread this ''if all else fails I'll just leave'' sentiment is in the UK, and how devastating for that country it would be if a significant number of people actually left in the event of a badly handled Brexit. Brain drain is an extremely dangerous thing for a nation to experience, especially for a service and finance economy like what the UK is last I checked.

I think the UK's government is navigating in dangerous waters and doesn't have a competent captain on board of the ship. Nobody seems to have a real idea of what Brexit actually entails, it mostly seems like a knee-jerk reaction to dem evil Europeans, rather than a solid and well thought out project for the country's future.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.