View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    In which case the US would immediately leave NATO. There is zero chance the UK will be blackballed by the EU, given their relationship with the US. Get serious.
    ...do you honestly believe this fantasy? Like, do you actually believe the US would pull out of NATO because the UK can't sort out their countries international trade agreements?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    The bolded is the debate that was being created

Obviously in the same quote you also use gdp so at a guess you did speak about gdp but then dribbles ran with that budget thing.
    Hmm, that was a mistake on my part then. I did intend to talk about gdp, since that is the commonly used metric by which people on this forum compare economic leverage of countries on this forum. Specifically for the point I was making, budget doesn't make much sense. The UK and the EU, when talking about trade negotiations, are interested in buying power of the other respective country's population, not their Governments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeah, but, uhm, you mixed them up in the first place sooo, you played down britains 20bn contribution to the EU budget by using EUs gdp.
    That was a mistake. So now that we've covered that, everyone return to the original post, replace "budget" with "gdp" mentally and restart this subdebate.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In which case the US would immediately leave NATO. There is zero chance the UK will be blackballed by the EU, given their relationship with the US. Get serious.
    wow man, just wow. Do you even realize what you are saying.

First, the US does not owe anything to the UK nor the US does not give a flying F.. about the UK. The US will always, first and foremost, look after their own interest, as they should.

Second, it is in the best interest that the US stay a member of NATO. Even a moron like Trump finally understood this and back off on its plan to leave NATO. Without NATO, the US influence in Europe would be severely compromised.

Finally, the EU is not "blackballing" the UK. Article 50 has been triggered on UK time, they decided when. From which, a period of 2 years has started during which both parties discuss their relation post leaving the EU. That include trade deals, airspace, common defense, borders, circulation of people and more.

You can't possibly blame the EU for negociating in favor of its own citizen. If anything, it just demonstrates that the EU works.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but, uhm, you mixed them up in the first place sooo, you played down britains 20bn contribution to the EU budget by using EUs gdp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Hmm, that was a mistake on my part then. I did intend to talk about gdp, since that is the commonly used metric by which people on this forum compare economic leverage of countries on this forum. Specifically for the point I was making, budget doesn't make much sense. The UK and the EU, when talking about trade negotiations, are interested in buying power of the other respective country's population, not their Governments.

- - - Updated - - -

That was a mistake. So now that we've covered that, everyone return to the original post, replace "budget" with "gdp" mentally and restart this subdebate.

Wait wait my eurochums, I have an idea for an update to that battlebus. If the EU budget is = to 17 trillion then the UK contribution to that is almost 3 trillion, I am happy to accept these figures if you are happy to replace the 350million a week to the NHS for 57billion a week as in UK contributions to the EU.

Whadya say?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No need to, we already moved on, come on keep up, dribbles is now saying that no agreement is awesome, the strong and stable government incapable of achieving anything is great because then they might get another election and replace traitorous May. Oh and Tijuana showed up to challenge dribbles and floopa for most uninformed post in this tread.

There is nothing really to debate anyway because everyone except for the obvious ones knows that the UK wants to keep access to the EU market one way or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    if you are happy to replace the 350million a week to the NHS
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...und-nhs-pledge
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politic...edged-10124021

The Brexiteers already had to admit that line was little more than a lie to get folks to vote for Brexit and it has no actual existence in reality.

Stop perpetuating their lie. They've already stopped, you should too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

The Brexiteers already had to admit that line was little more than a lie to get folks to vote for Brexit and it has no actual existence in reality.

And on that note, the head of the NHS is now asking the UK government for those millions publicly.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/health-41908302

It's a pretty ballsy move, as it makes the tories look even worse if they don't deliver.

7+ Year Old Account

Well the possible next UK prime minister restated it just a couple of weeks ago, he certainly hasn't stopped saying it, in fact he might base his whole leadership campaign around it.
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a3636356.html
    The bruges group still say it is almost twice that hard to tell really, as until the EU audits its accounts no one will truly know.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the possible next UK prime minister restated it just a couple of weeks ago, he certainly hasn't stopped saying it, in fact he might base his whole leadership campaign around it.
    The bruges group still say it is almost twice that hard to tell really, as until the EU audits its accounts no one will truly know.
    I thought he was too busy doubling the time a british citizen can stay in an Iranian jail to bother with a future political position..

So you're just going to completely ignore the fact that you're repeating a lie. Classy.

Johnson is a liar and a buffoon. I shouldn't be surprised that you're a fan of his, given your extremely tenuous connection with facts displayed in this thread alone.

The 350M a week was a lie to begin with, and will continue to be a lie no matter how many times he repeats it. He may as well be promising everyone a Mini Cooper that runs on tea.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you're just going to completely ignore the fact that you're repeating a lie. Classy.

Johnson is a liar and a buffoon. I shouldn't be surprised that you're a fan of his, given your extremely tenuous connection with facts displayed in this thread alone.

The 350M a week was a lie to begin with, and will continue to be a lie no matter how many times he repeats it. He may as well be promising everyone a Mini Cooper that runs on tea.
    wait, are you saying that the british voted the fate of their country in the next few decades was all for a lie?

I'd be pretty pissed if i were british right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    wait, are you saying that the british voted the fate of their country in the next few decades was all for a lie?

I'd be pretty pissed if i were british right now.
    No no no, this wasn't the only lie.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Be quiet. The only thing the uk will get from the yanks is bent over and fucked in the upcoming trade negotiations.
    But think of all the chlorinated chicken we'll get to enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    So.... Priti Patel has gone. Immediately after Fallon - horny old goat.

I don't think it's going too far to say that this government is in crisis at a time when it desperately needs not to be.

Strong and stable it certainly isn't.

And to all the people who were justifying the boat comment... jeez... figure it out. The vast majority of people who voted for Brexit were not those who own boats. They were not the sort of people who give a fuck about boats. They even might be the sort of people whose backs are put up by analogies about boats as they're struggling to put together the money for their next rent payment / meal / whatever.

The bigger point I was trying to make was: if you can't see the disconnect between the cosseted existences of those making analogies such a these, that are completely removed from the day to day experiences of ordinary voters, then you're being wilfully blind. Fucking wake up - you're as responsible for this disaster as the people on Leave who lied. All it would have taken is some deviation from "ever closer union". But, no.

And let's not fuck about here: this will be an economic disaster for the UK for at least for the next two decades. I do not share Dribbles' optimism about the economic outlook.

So, while racist northern nan on her triple locked pension happily votes to kick those damn foreigners out, it'll be my generation picking up the tab. Cheers.

Sure they would...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    The vast majority of people who voted for Brexit were not those who own boats.
    No one ever claimed they were, not our problem that you do not take the time to look up the comment you talk about before making an ass out of yourself demonstrating your ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    No one ever claimed they were, not our problem that you do not take the time to look up the comment you talk about before making an ass out of yourself demonstrating your ignorance.
    Da phuq is that supposed to mean?

Are you incapable of reading between the lines? You think I was being literal? Are you really that stupid?

Have you ever wondered why Dribbles is on here arguing you with you lot?

It's because you argue for the sake of it. You are incapable, completely incapable of acknowledging any fault on the part of the EU .

In the meantime the rest of us in the UK are fucked. Good job, seriously good job.

15+ Year Old Account
    The bigger point I was trying to make was: if you can't see the disconnect between the cosseted existences of those making analogies such a these, that are completely removed from the day to day experiences of ordinary voters, then you're being wilfully blind. Fucking wake up - you're as responsible for this disaster as the people on Leave who lied. All it would have taken is some deviation from "ever closer union". But, no.
    Two people who have practically no wealth divorce and have nothing to share. Great, now people feel connected but the message he was trying to make didn't come across, because if you have nothing to share anyways it's not really all that hard for both to win.

All you're saying is, people are too stupid to understand the analogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two people who have practically no wealth divorce and have nothing to share. Great, now people feel connected but the message he was trying to make didn't come across, because if you have nothing to share anyways it's not really all that hard for both to win.

All you're saying is, people are too stupid to understand the analogy.
    Ok... and you think Brexit was an intelligent decision? You think Leave played to people's logic or to their fears? Go on...

7+ Year Old Account
    Da phuq is that supposed to mean?

Are you incapable of reading between the lines? You think I was being literal? Are you really that stupid?

Have you ever wondered why Dribbles is on here arguing you with you lot?

It's because you argue for the sake of it. You are incapable, completely incapable of acknowledging any fault on the part of the EU .

In the meantime the rest of us in the UK are fucked. Good job, seriously good job.
    Dear Nigel,

You come across as a little down so I'd like to give you a link that will cheer you up and make you much more optimistic about Brexit, don't listen to these rabid pro EU fanatics with their apocalyptic predictions of doom. Go on give it a go, it is the only link you will ever need....

http://brexitcentral.com/projectcheer/

I am willing to bet after a cocoa and good read you will change your location from a gloomy D minor to a happy D major!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Nigel,

You come across as a little down so I'd like to give you a link that will cheer you up and make you much more optimistic about Brexit, don't listen to these rabid pro EU fanatics with their apocalyptic predictions of doom. Go on give it a go, it is the only link you will ever need....

http://brexitcentral.com/projectcheer/

I am willing to bet after a cocoa and good read you will change your location from a gloomy D minor to a happy D major!
    I'm genuinely torn between wanting to tell holier-than-thou dicks like Noradin to stick their EU up their arse and at the same time acknowledging that:

My better half was last week made redundant from her job (vaguely) in the construction industry. Exactly the same as in 2008. Her industry was the first to be hit by cost-cutting / uncertainty / etc.

This is happening. Now. Sterling has plummeted. Inflation is up. City of London is moving to the Continent. It is only going to get worse.

I'm not prepared to accept that the quality of my family's life has deteriorated because racist nan's desire to close our borders is beneficial to our 'sovereignty'.

This is my dilemma.

But seriously, Noradin, just fuck off.