View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ote-compromise

No meaningful vote decision kicked into grass.

Dominic Grieve votes against his own amendment.

Nice to see a mature democracy at work.

Highlights include:

One Labour MP, Naz Shah, was wheeled through the voting lobbies clutching a disposable sick bag. She had been in hospital for several days with severe back pain.

But some MPs, such as Tom Tugendhat, who chairs the cross arty [sic lol Grauniad] foreign affairs select committee, argue that if the government was heading for a no-deal outcome, it would be in peril automatically.

Yeah, right...

Fucking farce, absolute fucking farce.

Will of the people. Good job all.

He voted against his own amendment? Is this a game for them? Why put the amendment in in the first place?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Was that article supposed to be written in some obscure dialect of English that disregards basic grammar?
    Don't they proof-read their articles anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Was that article supposed to be written in some obscure dialect of English that disregards basic grammar?
    Don't they proof-read their articles anymore?
    No paper does. At least not online. It's pathetic. Happens to big magazines like Der Spiegel as well.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's gotten pretty quiet about brexit, where are we right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ote-compromise

No meaningful vote decision kicked into grass.

Dominic Grieve votes against his own amendment.

Nice to see a mature democracy at work.

Highlights include:

One Labour MP, Naz Shah, was wheeled through the voting lobbies clutching a disposable sick bag. She had been in hospital for several days with severe back pain.

But some MPs, such as Tom Tugendhat, who chairs the cross arty [sic lol Grauniad] foreign affairs select committee, argue that if the government was heading for a no-deal outcome, it would be in peril automatically.

Yeah, right...

Fucking farce, absolute fucking farce.

Will of the people. Good job all.
    It's difficult to make out what this will actually mean in the future.

I think that perhaps you are being a little unfair on Grieve; he seems to be one of the few in parliament who actually has some principles and is prepared to put the country before his own self interests.

In fairness he has managed to gain some concessions (let's not forget John Bollocks to Brexit Bercow has been given the final say should no deal be reached) and there is a least going to be some discussion involved regarding the exit deal.

I think it is also important to note that he was in between a rock and hard place in so much had he pushed harder for this amendment it is possible that government would have collapsed and I don't think another couple months wasted on another GE is in anyone's interests.

I also question Labour's motivations in the whole Brexit debate as it seems that they are more interested in using it as vehicle to seize power from the Tories rather than doing what is best for the country.

With all of the above in mind I think that Grieve has gained all that can be gained for the time being and it was probably for the best that concede the point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    no deal preperation, the uk to be treated like ukraine, poorer, smaller and generally shitter as a result.

Good times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    no deal preperation, the uk to be treated like ukraine, poorer, smaller and generally shitter as a result.

Good times.
    + more and more companies already saying they are packing their bags and moving on as the chance of a positive outcome becomes smaller and smaller.

15+ Year Old Account

Good times.
    Ah, so i guess they are starting to increase port authority budgets and start hiring people en masse to work at dover and similar places?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Today has seen the announcement of the program that will allow EU citizens to remain in the UK.

So far they'll have to prove there ID, whether they have any criminal convictions, and whether or not they currently reside in the UK.

£65 for Adults, £32.50 for Children.

Supposedly the Governments default policy will be to allow EU citizens to remain.

Predictably, Brexiteers in uproar. I can only assume they wanted to see scenes similar to whats happening on the Mexican border in Dover.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I can only assume they wanted to see scenes similar to whats happening on the Mexican border in Dover.
    I don't get the joke.

Ah, so i guess they are starting to increase port authority budgets and start hiring people en masse to work at dover and similar places?
    More budget and more people aren't going to help if the port doesn't vastly expand in size and capacity and there isn't really much room for it. It's full on a busy day before Brexit. Look at google maps to get an idea of what will happen with even a slight bottleneck.

- - - Updated - - -

Today has seen the announcement of the program that will allow EU citizens to remain in the UK.

So far they'll have to prove there ID, whether they have any criminal convictions, and whether or not they currently reside in the UK.

£65 for Adults, £32.50 for Children.

Supposedly the Governments default policy will be to allow EU citizens to remain.

Predictably, Brexiteers in uproar. I can only assume they wanted to see scenes similar to whats happening on the Mexican border in Dover.
    Do you have any source on that? I'll admit I'm lazy today but a quick google news search didn't show anything focus on the program. Only the Commons vote.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Do you have any source on that? I'll admit I'm lazy today but a quick google news search didn't show anything focus on the program. Only the Commons vote.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44553225

First story on the BBC News frontpage.

15+ Year Old Account
    More budget and more people aren't going to help if the port doesn't vastly expand in size and capacity and there isn't really much room for it. It's full on a busy day before Brexit. Look at google maps to get an idea of what will happen with even a slight bottleneck.
    Well i didn't say that's the only thing they should be doing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44553225

First story on the BBC News frontpage.
    Ok. But that sounds more like a ppt presentation by Sajid. Let's wait for the official proposal on paperto the EC.

- - - Updated - - -

Well i didn't say that's the only thing they should be doing.
    True, but don't you try to downplay the drama on MMO-C forums :P

15+ Year Old Account
    True, but don't you try to downplay the drama on MMO-C forums :P
    Whoops, right, right, i forgot, uhm ... *breaths* ... fuck no, that's the first and only thing they should be doing, money and people, you don't need anything else to get this done, don't even try to answer with facts!

Whoops, right, right, i forgot, uhm ... *breaths* ... fuck no, that's the first and only thing they should be doing, money and people, you don't need anything else to get this done, don't even try to answer with facts!
    I summon you, random Express.com article with WAY too MANY caps in THE title!

Deleted
    how much money is it going to cost to concrete over the whole of kent?

15+ Year Old Account
    I summon you, random Express.com article with WAY too MANY caps in THE title!
    rofl glad it's late otherwise i would've spat out my coffee reading this

how much money is it going to cost to concrete over the whole of kent?
    There are plans to build additional lorry parks but it is likely they will not be ready in time so it is likely Operation Stack on the M20 will be expanded.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. But that sounds more like a ppt presentation by Sajid. Let's wait for the official proposal on paperto the EC.
    It is bit more than a presentation. Trials are starting within the next few weeks and it is hoped that it will fully operational by the beginning of next year. Why do you think this needs to be proposed to anyone?