View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Brexit - the intoxication of a nation. Every country has had that moment.

- - - Updated - - -

2:10 to 2:50 is pure gold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw-ZM0RQdk0
    Is that dribbles ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeah, that is a totally reasonable not insane position to have.

"I would never admit that I was wrong, so I'd vote again, for something I clearly don't want. Brexit!"
    The biggest failure of the stay camp was not understanding the mental gymnastics of the idiots that where arguining for Brexit.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd have thought their biggest failure was not showing up to vote
    well, it was a close call indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    The biggest failure of the stay camp was not understanding the mental gymnastics of the idiots that where arguining for Brexit.
    We did understand their mental gymnastics just fine. But, you see... understanding how someone thinks isn't the same as convincing him that he is having a fantasy that doesn't align with reality.

We tried to reason. We listened. We argued. We ranted, raved, explained, taught, made jokes, tried to be understanding. We did all that. It doesn't help. Especially not when the other side thought you were somehow out to get them. Conspiracy theory + stupidity + paranoia = he is immune to any sort of outside influence. Whatsoever. He will only listen to his bubble that is defined by affirming his fantasy.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    We did understand their mental gymnastics just fine. But, you see... understanding how someone thinks isn't the same as convincing him that he is having a fantasy that doesn't align with reality.

We tried to reason. We listened. We argued. We ranted, raved, explained, taught, made jokes, tried to be understanding. We did all that. It doesn't help. Especially not when the other side thought you were somehow out to get them. Conspiracy theory + stupidity + paranoia = he is immune to any sort of outside influence. Whatsoever. He will only listen to his bubble that is defined by affirming his fantasy.

We tried to reason. We listened. We argued. We ranted, raved, explained, taught, made jokes, tried to be understanding. We did all that.
    This part is the mistake, you took them serious and by doing that you started playing into their (Brexit camp) hands.

This part is the mistake, you took them serious and by doing that you started playing into their (Brexit camp) hands.
    Well, yes. And mocking them accomplishes what exactly? I mean, it wasn't me who took them seriously. Heck, most of us didn't take them seriously until the results of the referendum came in. Guess what, it was too late to take them serious then.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I think I have a stroke everytime I read the word the "bigly".
    i found donald trump 2020 slogan.

Make america bigly again.

#covfefe

- - - Updated - - -

sometimes, you learn best from your mistake.

America is going to have to deal with the long lasting damage in the wake of the Trump presidency, and perhaps the UK needs to be reminded what it's like to be alone and isolated, small and insignificant again on the world stage. They have forgotten the reason why they essentially begged to join the European community for years in the 70s, and needs to figured out all over again.

Well, yes. And mocking them accomplishes what exactly? I mean, it wasn't me who took them seriously. Heck, most of us didn't take them seriously until the results of the referendum came in. Guess what, it was too late to take them serious then.
    Who said anything about how you should mock them? People in general should have never given the Brexit camp any platform, you don't try to do a honest debate with a dishonest person.

What is the middle ground between open racism that the Brexit camp represent? Answer is ofc that you don't have a middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Is that dribbles ?
    No but 99.9% of the comments seem to be Dribbles. They seem to have their heads in the sand over everything.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    May assumed calling a snap election with a supposed weak opposition would mean a huge majority
    It failed totally. given her weakness she felt the need to put two of the biggest idiots in positions of power.
    David Davis from the start didn't give a damn if a deal was done or not. Prime example one of these "important" meetings
    didn't even last two hours a complete waste of time.

As for Boris, Is there any wonder Trump likes him? Channel 4 have called him out on a number of lies in his resignation letter tonight.
    and this was the guy representing the UK on the world Stage. Nearly all the recent problems May could have avoided with the right people
    in the right job.

From what's unfolding if the EU turn around and start demanding more from this so called new deal. chances are more names will quit
    Gove and Fox. but there's also a huge rumor going around more people will keep resigning on a daily basis. To keep weakening her position
    on the new proposed deal.

right now im just so ashamed how this is all unfolding and for those outside the UK/EU. Trump got it wrong yet again the UK isnt in chaos
    the government is, Huge difference.

Deleted
    Christ I wish I could afford to get out of this shithole of a country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by rthelmasp View Post
    In what way do you think that anything you have to offer to this conversation is more worthy than me whipping out my mammoth schlong and pissing upon your beleaguered, freckled, pre-pubescent man boobs?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feel 100% the same way.
    48% of the county wanted to remain its been proven a lot of people who voted to leave are elderly.
    the cost of living has already jumped, all being blamed on Brexit we haven't even left yet.
    but they are still scared stiff of tax rises on those rich Elderly voters because they vote tory.

"we cant hold another vote".. At the time im guessing a lot of people didn't vote for this shambles
    they swallowed the lie of 350 million extra going to the NHS which is a blatant lie.
    NHS will get more money but most of that will come from new tax rises only some from the EU money.

they are even linking the semi final to what's currently unfolding again via the Murdoch press,
    people need to stop being so lazy and actually look at the reality of the situation, May had one chance
    to get this right from the start. she triggered Article 50 THEN called an election its at that moment
    making a total mockery of the Referendum

Deleted
    Dude, did you get hacked?
    At this time he's usually been on the sauce. And to be honest I don't blame him, if I was a Lib Dem I think my only sane option would be alcoholism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Dude, did you get hacked?
    By gin, mate.

I've been hacked by gin.

I'm this thread's resident gin fiend.

Just.... words fail me.

Self-serving politicians. Johnson. Corbyn. Russian trolls. Racist Sunderland grans.

It's madness.

Pann in a few posts back said something along the lines of: no, there won't be civil disobedience. A few protests, that'll be it.

Promise you, folks, there'll be a lot more than a few protests.

- - - Updated - - -

At this time he's usually been on the sauce. And to be honest I don't blame him, if I was a Lib Dem I think my only sane option would be alcoholism.
    I have to say that's an excellent assessment of the situation.

There's not a lot I can disagree with here.

However, you have to accept that at the end of the day: alcoholics will not pay the taxes required to dig the UK out of the dreadful fucking economic shit storm that you folks pushing for a hard Brexit will have created.

We'll be too busy pickling our livers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    sometimes, you learn best from your mistake.

America is going to have to deal with the long lasting damage in the wake of the Trump presidency, and perhaps the UK needs to be reminded what it's like to be alone and isolated, small and insignificant again on the world stage. They have forgotten the reason why they essentially begged to join the European community for years in the 70s, and needs to figured out all over again.
    Yes, and the rest of the world/Europe has to pay for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Who said anything about how you should mock them? People in general should have never given the Brexit camp any platform, you don't try to do a honest debate with a dishonest person.

What is the middle ground between open racism that the Brexit camp represent? Answer is ofc that you don't have a middle ground.
    No, they shouldn't have given them a platform. But the media is corrupt. And their corruption is protected by freedom of the press. Clickbait rules the world. Idiocracy is the new form of Government. Welcome to hell, this is only the beginning.

Make no mistake, countries like Germany are going down the same road. We're just slower. I hate to say it, but signs can be seen here. I've had discussions with AfD supporters. It's the same bullshit, conspiracy theories coupled with utter stupidity and the inability/unwillingness to accept that they are having wild fantasies and no regard for our values. Did you know that there is a movement claiming Germany doesn't exist? Yep, I'm not shitting you.
    Last edited by Slant; 2018-07-10 at 11:58 PM.

Did you know that there is a movement claiming Germany doesn't exist? Yep, I'm not shitting you.
    Wait what, do they think Germany doesn't exist as in East and West are still around. Or that Germany is still the million and one kingdoms, dutchies etc with Prussia and Austria being the big boys and Bavaria being the biggest of the little boys?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Wait what, do they think Germany doesn't exist as in East and West are still around. Or that Germany is still the million and one kingdoms, dutchies etc with Prussia and Austria being the big boys and Bavaria being the biggest of the little boys?
    I'm assuming it's a variant of the "Finland does not exist" meme. It hinges on the fact that a countries population makes up less than 1% of the world's population, doesn't work with countries with large populations of course, then you use the fact that statistics always have a margin of error to argue that there is a not insignificant chance that the country does not exist.

"There are allegedly around 6.5 millions Finns, right? That's out of 7.125 billion humans. That means Finns make up 0.0912% of the planet.
    Thats not 9%---that's point zero nine percent, less than a percent.
    To put it another way, 99.9% of the planet are not Finns. How do we know this? Government censuses.
    Now, the best government censuses have a margin of error of at least 1%. So Finns make up 0.0912% of the planet, plus or minus one percent
    In conclusion: there is a 50/50 chance Finland doesn't exist."

https://www.hltv.org/forums/threads/...ight-not-exist

Of course I live in Finland so I know it's baloney...
    Not sure how it works in Germany but, like I said, I'm assuming it's some sort of variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Of course I live in Finland so I know it's baloney...
    Anecdotal evidence.

So I think the "Finland doesn't exist" logic remains sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Anecdotal evidence.

So I think the "Finland doesn't exist" logic remains sound.
    Curses! You are on to me!