View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    She is part of the problem, a major part. Trying so hard to push through an agreement that the EU can legally not allow. Going on and on and on trying to push it when the EU killed it dead before the Brexiteer Reese-Mogg part of the conservative party had it all changed (and killed again).

The EU legally can not budge on Northern Ireland issues either, legally. She can but won't.

She got into bed with the DUP, which has in its little group circle half a dozen terrorist groups. Not just that but their policy makes Trump look sane.

The only reason most people had a sigh of relief when she replaced Cameron was because even though her 6 years as home secretary were ones of incompetence and outright destructive ideas, at least she wasn't Fox (As secretary of defense gutted the armed forces), Webb (Tried to end sick pay with a "IF you're sick fuck you ." attitude), Gove ("Who cares what the experts say." and as Education secretary nearly destroyed English schools) and Leadsom (who pretty much does every fucking interview highlighting how her being a mother makes her better than anyone, also climate change denier until very recently and refused to allow renewables). She was bad and everyone else was worse.

The only reason she's PM now is because Corbyn for many is still unelectable. Many people are saying they prefer Labour to the Conservatives but outright will not want Corbyn in Number 10. They like his policies but things around him (IRA, Hamas, maybe the anti semetism stuff too, plus the "I have no where to sit on train" when he had whole carriages of space to sit on) put people off too. Someone with his policies or close to him but without the baggage is something that would landslide next election.
    It's quite amusing that Corbyn is considered borderline abject and unelectable when all the stuff you listed for May up to becoming PM seems to be ok.

Deleted
    May always looks depressed. The only time I see her looking animated and happy is when she is berating migrants and refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Tephlon theresa.. Ha that is funny.
    TBF I thought it was Teflon Tony (Blair). I guess it works for any politician with a name beginning with T. It will be Teflon Trump when in 6 years he hasn't been impeached or faced any charges
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    TBF I thought it was Teflon Tony (Blair). I guess it works for any politician with a name beginning with T. It will be Teflon Trump when in 6 years he hasn't been impeached or faced any charges
    It will be the Trumburglar otherwise ?

edit: that's off topic but hey, it's from the Uk:
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...global-affairs
    WTF ?
    Last edited by Demolitia; 2018-10-19 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post

WTF ?
    I can not believe Nick Clegg is infact a Sir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post

WTF ?
    Clegg is excellent at feeding young people lies, seems like a perfect fit for Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Clegg is excellent at feeding young people lies, seems like a perfect fit for Facebook.
    I'd *like* to think that if the Lib Dems had had the majority they would have followed through on their campaign pledges. I guess we will never know. Also I like blind optimism :P
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Apparently the number of Brits applying for a german passport has increased by 1500% over the last two years. They are taking advantage of a law which allows allows refugees who fled the Nazis - mostly jews - and their descendants to reclaim their German citizenship.

Just think of this: Jews who fled the Nazis are coming back to Germany because of Brexit!!
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Just think of this: Jews who fled the Nazis are coming back to Germany because of Brexit!!
    Considering their lack of a sense of humour. . . good?

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Considering their lack of a sense of humour. . . good?
    I'm not quite sure what you are trying to tell/ask me. I just find this fact you quoted from my post funny, that's all.
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Apparently the number of Brits applying for a german passport has increased by 1500% over the last two years. They are taking advantage of a law which allows allows refugees who fled the Nazis - mostly jews - and their descendants to reclaim their German citizenship.

Actually, while it is unfortunate for them, it's a good sign for us.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

How's your "easy" no-deal Brexit looking now then - not very fucking good from where I'm sitting.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    How's your "easy" no-deal Brexit looking now then - not very fucking good from where I'm sitting.
    on what terms would they trade with UK then ? no trade at all with those ~24 countries without new treaties or is there a minimum fallback ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    on what terms would they trade with UK then ? no trade at all with those ~24 countries without new treaties or is there a minimum fallback ?
    The fallback would be WTO terms. Unless I misunderstand you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Even then it's not going to be WTO terms that the brexiteers want.

USA
    Russia
    Brazil
    New Zeeland

plus a few others have already said they're not going to allow Britain's wishes with WTO.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    there is a dispute over those rules by several countries. WTO rules come in different flavours ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Even then it's not going to be WTO terms that the brexiteers want.

USA
    Russia
    Brazil
    New Zeeland

plus a few others have already said they're not going to allow Britain's wishes with WTO.
    It's not that "they're going to", they have. The news came in yesterday as someone pointed out in another thread. This is going to be painful. Russia and the US poised to exploit the heck out of the UK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    there is a dispute over those rules by several countries. WTO rules come in different flavours ?
    It doesn't, though. You can look them up online. There's one set of default rules. And that's the one they'll get for now.

It's not that "they're going to", they have. The news came in yesterday as someone pointed out in another thread. This is going to be painful. Russia and the US poised to exploit the heck out of the UK.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't, though. You can look them up online. There's one set of default rules. And that's the one they'll get for now.
    I could be wrong here, but I get the impression that the other members of the WTO still need to agree to you joining before you can follow WTO rules. It won't just happen. And that must include the EU. Which makes the threat to not pay the "divorce bill" even more ridiculous.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I could be wrong here, but I get the impression that the other members of the WTO still need to agree to you joining before you can follow WTO rules. It won't just happen. And that must include the EU. Which makes the threat to not pay the "divorce bill" even more ridiculous.
    The UK is in the WTO, they will follow WTO rules and the EU doesn't get to veto that. This is their true fallback. Mind you, it's the shittiest fallback you can have, forcing every WTO member to impose a 10-30% tariff on your goods when you want to export to them, depending on the type of goods. It's always hilarious when the UK goes "but we don't have to put customs on anything!"

Well, no. You don't. But they do. The UK's current position is a sort of anti-protectionism, where they intend to destroy their own economy to protect everyone else's.

Only, they still think that's a win. Boggles the mind, it does...

7+ Year Old Account
    That would be a would be wrong not a could, you are getting there though, admission by baby steps we get it.

In truth it's Project Fear 2.0 nonsense from cloud cuckoo remainer land. Meanwhile back in the real world reuters reports...

However, the process will not necessarily interfere with the implementation of Brexit, since many WTO members continue to trade under outdated agreements while they agree their new text.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...-idUSKCN1MZ28D

About time the EU fixed its outdated non-compliant status with the WTO while we are at it too.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"