View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    That would be a would be wrong not a could, you are getting there though, admission by baby steps we get it.

In truth it's Project Fear 2.0 nonsense from cloud cuckoo remainer land. Meanwhile back in the real world reuters reports...

However, the process will not necessarily interfere with the implementation of Brexit, since many WTO members continue to trade under outdated agreements while they agree their new text.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...-idUSKCN1MZ28D

About time the EU fixed its outdated non-compliant status with the WTO while we are at it too.
    So you are just going to ignore that we have over 20 countries actively looking to take advantage of us if we leave? All of which will require negotiating expertise THAT WE DON'T HAVE to sort out. At the same time. While we are trying to sort out all the other issues around Brexit as well?

Look, I know your comedy character likes to pretend that he wants a no-deal Brexit. So I guess to stay in character you have to believe in the magic technology that will sort out the Irish border. Does it also believe you believe in magic negotiating powers as well? That we can put on a ring of power and create all the trade deals out of thin air? All of which would be massively in our favour, somehow?

Even as a write this, I wonder why I bother. Your Brexiteer loon character doesn't listen, does he? Just responds with another post of nonsense, linked to an Express article that misrepresents everything. I'm wasting my breath even trying.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So you are just going to ignore that we have over 20 countries actively looking to take advantage of us if we leave? All of which will require negotiating expertise THAT WE DON'T HAVE to sort out. At the same time. While we are trying to sort out all the other issues around Brexit as well?
    And while you rip him a new one, please do mention that the nations blocking this attempt included the USA, New Zealand, Australia and Canada... These are the nations the UK put most of their hopes in for a Brexit scenario. These are the big ones they relied on. The other nations? Probably in line with the UK's current only trade holders, such illustrious names as South Africa, Botswana...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

Look, I know your comedy character likes to pretend that he wants a no-deal Brexit. So I guess to stay in character you have to believe in the magic technology that will sort out the Irish border. Does it also believe you believe in magic negotiating powers as well? That we can put on a ring of power and create all the trade deals out of thin air? All of which would be massively in our favour, somehow?

Even as a write this, I wonder why I bother. Your Brexiteer loon character doesn't listen, does he? Just responds with another post of nonsense, linked to an Express article that misrepresents everything. I'm wasting my breath even trying.
    That is the very nature of the Brexit beast though and of course over 20 countries, more like 200, will be trying to curry favour and negotiate with a newly emancipated Brexit Britain.

It was the very reason Brexit was designed.

The kind of Brexit that allows us to have a fair and free democratic budget this Monday for example. The kind of budget that Italy at the minute can only dream of as Brussels have dictated they rewrite their entire budget in favour of France and Germany in the next 3 weeks or else!

You don't have to believe me but believe the Italian deputy PM when he said yesterday :-

“The Franco-German European Union only serves the interests of France and Germany”
    - Matteo Salvini, Deputy Prime Minister & Minister of the Interior, 26 Oct 2018

Why don't you remainers just come out and say it? You want the UK as a vassal of the Franco/German EU don't you?

Well I don't and thankfully nor do the majority.

Please do stop wasting your deceitful project fear 2.0 breath, anyone with sense sees straight through the very trying lies.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

That is the very nature of the Brexit beast though and of course over 20 countries, more like 200, will be trying to curry favour and negotiate with a newly emancipated Brexit Britain.

It was the very reason Brexit was designed.

The kind of Brexit that allows us to have a fair and free democratic budget this Monday for example. The kind of budget that Italy at the minute can only dream of as Brussels have dictated they rewrite their entire budget in favour of France and Germany in the next 3 weeks or else!

You don't have to believe me but believe the Italian deputy PM when he said yesterday :-

“The Franco-German European Union only serves the interests of France and Germany”
    - Matteo Salvini, Deputy Prime Minister & Minister of the Interior, 26 Oct 2018

Why don't you remainers just come out and say it? You want the UK as a vassal of the Franco/German EU don't you?

Well I don't and thankfully nor do the majority.

Please do stop wasting your deceitful project fear 2.0 breath, anyone with sense sees straight through the very trying lies.
    Why don't you, for a change, lay out to us how the money you're saving with help you, and balance out against the increase in import prices.
    Why don't you tell us how trading under basic WTO conditions help the UK thrive, until bilateral trade deals are signed 4 years down the line.
    Explain to me how stepping out of the regulatory burden "imposed" by the EU, will benefit workers, consumers and help business thrive. And please be specific.
    Please lay out to me how the fair and free democratic budget you're about to vote would be vastly different and how it will impact your economy any differently than it would without Brexit. Please be specific too.

Random rants by a deputy prime minister have absolutely no influence on Brexit. All heads of state have repeatedly stated their respect for Barnier's work, and reminded everyone he is in charge.

Just to say, the italian budget is rejected because he came from ponyland with money magically appearing out of thin air. It was already almost expected to be rejected. Dont speak of italy as an argument, please.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Why don't you, for a change, lay out to us how the money you're saving with help you, and balance out against the increase in import prices.
    Why don't you tell us how trading under basic WTO conditions help the UK thrive, until bilateral trade deals are signed 4 years down the line.
    Explain to me how stepping out of the regulatory burden "imposed" by the EU, will benefit workers, consumers and help business thrive. And please be specific.
    Please lay out to me how the fair and free democratic budget you're about to vote would be vastly different and how it will impact your economy any differently than it would without Brexit. Please be specific too.
    You want specific? How about our chancellor mooted the idea of a phasing in of VAT imposition on a graduated turnover scale instead of a cliff edge registration at a specific level for small businesses. He wanted to do it this coming Monday. No can do at the minute, EU rulez you see?

Just one example and this forum is not big enough for the masses of similar great ideas that just fall off the tongue and yet are out of reach for the UK due to EU dictatorship. But tick tock, not long now....

Random rants by a deputy prime minister have absolutely no influence on Brexit. All heads of state have repeatedly stated their respect for Barnier's work, and reminded everyone he is in charge.
    And here we have the EU admission, democratically elected and mandated by the people Italian politicians are an irrelevance to their superior undemocratic unelected EU Brussels masters. Which brings us nicely along to this....

Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    Just to say, the italian budget is rejected because he came from ponyland with money magically appearing out of thin air. It was already almost expected to be rejected. Dont speak of italy as an argument, please.
    We are not allowed to speak of Italy as an example of EU nation vassalage, just brush it away like an inconvenient truth shall we? How about Poland then.

Is that really right that anointed unelected ECJ EU judges are considering the imposition of Article 7, as never before, and the withdrawal of funding to Poland until they toe the EU line?

How many more examples do you need Eurochums of EU bullying yet you support this? Are you into self-harm or something? I'm afraid you deserve everything you get and don't come crying to me when the only way to staff the new EU army is by the return of forced conscription (still common isn't it in many EU vassals?). That will go down well in neutral Ireland and make their EU/UK border problem pale into insignificance. And what a lucky escape, just in time the UK has had. You cannot put a price on sovereignty and you would have to understand that to understand Brexit.

Clearly hardly anyone here does.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Is that really right that anointed unelected ECJ EU judges are considering the imposition of Article 7, as never before, and the withdrawal of funding to Poland until they toe the EU line?

How many more examples do you need Eurochums of EU bullying yet you support this?
    We could use some actual examples of bullying, really. Poland joined the EU of its own volition. Thus, it agreed to the rules. Them facing repercussions for violating rules knowingly is not bullying. But it is an example of the EU seeking to intervene in proceedings within the Polish system, which I guess to you means bullying regardless of context. You would cheer on an executive that attempts to weaken separation of powers in order to gain more control, as long as it is something the EU does not want, I guess.

It is also funny that you show more imagination conjuring up that strawman than actually giving workable suggestions to resolving the border problem.

You want specific? How about our chancellor mooted the idea of a phasing in of VAT imposition on a graduated turnover scale instead of a cliff edge registration at a specific level for small businesses. He wanted to do it this coming Monday. No can do at the minute, EU rulez you see?

Just one example and this forum is not big enough for the masses of similar great ideas that just fall off the tongue and yet are out of reach for the UK due to EU dictatorship. But tick tock, not long now....

And here we have the EU admission, democratically elected and mandated by the people Italian politicians are an irrelevance to their superior undemocratic unelected EU Brussels masters. Which brings us nicely along to this....

We are not allowed to speak of Italy as an example of EU nation vassalage, just brush it away like an inconvenient truth shall we? How about Poland then.

How many more examples do you need Eurochums of EU bullying yet you support this? Are you into self-harm or something? I'm afraid you deserve everything you get and don't come crying to me when the only way to staff the new EU army is by the return of forced conscription (still common isn't it in many EU vassals?). That will go down well in neutral Ireland and make their EU/UK border problem pale into insignificance. And what a lucky escape, just in time the UK has had. You cannot put a price on sovereignty and you would have to understand that to understand Brexit.

Clearly hardly anyone here does.
    Is this real? Are you actually getting irritated? How's the abyss looking, mate? Tick, tock. I'm stockpiling popcorn for the riots, are you?

Phasing in of VAT imposition is entirely a you problem. Why would the EU change its rules affecting 27 member states just cos the UK is going to lea... wait, crash out? "Oh noes, we're *sobs* leaving... and now we have to change stuff *cries* and now they are big meanies to us!" Well, boohoo. Not our problem, mate. This is your dream. You wanted this. Don't come crying to us now.

Btw, those rules that you call EU dictatorship? Your own Government created them. Oh wait, what's that? Are you retching from the hypocrisy that somehow found its way down your throat? Well, I would hold your hair back, but you are a big girl now. So you live with it. Don't do it again, pumpkin.

The only reason I think you keep bringing up the vassal bullshit is because you still wank off every night to "Rule, Britannia!" and the dream of once more ruling... well, basically your island, because you'll never rule anyone else. I was actually thinking of you when I heard that the US rejected your proposal to fasttrack the WTO deal. I really was. Haven't laughed so hard in oh... weeks. See, I remembered how you told us proud as a cock that the UK would instantly get a deal with their buddies from the US. Took me an entire 15 minutes just to recover from the stomach ache. Tick tock, baby. You're as good as gone. Your economy will tank so hard, you'll need spades to find money.

Btw, here in the civilised world, we appoint judges based on merit, not the flashiest smile in a political campaign. Try to get with the times, we live in the modern age now. Elected judges... rofl... fucking rural kids, haven't got the slightest clue.

And when you run out of arguments, you just make stuff up, as with the conscripted army stuff... what the fuck is going through your mind when you do that? Is your life that shitty that you have to make this stuff up just so your sorry excuse for an existance doesn't depress you so much? Go seek help man. Like, seriously. Go see a psychologist. What you're displaying is pathological.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post

Act 1: Deficit Spending

Italy: Mr EU, my economy is stuck on a slump with high unemployment. Can I please go into deficit spending so that I can get it back on track.

Mr EU: No you are running a deficit. Get that fixed or don't come back.

Italy proceeds to cut spending and economy contracts. Unemployment still high.

Act 2: Monetary policy

Italy: Mr EU, my currency doesn't depreciate and I still have high unemployment can you at least get a loose monetary policy to spur some investment over here.

Mr EU: No, unemployment is very low in countries like Germany and we can't risk overheating the economy just so you can get a chance to recover.

Act 3: Fiscal Union.

Italy: Mr EU, can you at least give me some money here so that I can at least have some space to do something and keep living standards on a stable path.

Mr EU: Yes, but you'll pay it back. Who do you think we are the US??

Italy elects extremist party.

EU apologist: How could've this happen??

@Kiri

Ieuw, elected judges, so easily elected because some corrupt arsehole threw pennies at him or her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    We could use some actual examples of bullying, really. Poland joined the EU of its own volition. Thus, it agreed to the rules. Them facing repercussions for violating rules knowingly is not bullying. But it is an example of the EU seeking to intervene in proceedings within the Polish system, which I guess to you means bullying regardless of context. You would cheer on an executive that attempts to weaken separation of powers in order to gain more control, as long as it is something the EU does not want, I guess.

It is also funny that you show more imagination conjuring up that strawman than actually giving workable suggestions to resolving the border problem.
    What border problem? It is no problemo for the UK, as far as we are concerned there is not going to be one. If the EU plan is to use Irish EU army conscripts to enforce one that's down to them. Yeah I know, we have been here before and this is about when you will inform me that that is not compliant with WTO rules. But then I point out the hypocrisy in that when you fail to let everyone know that the EU has been WTO non compliant for, what is it now, 5 years? Since Croatian EU accession/surrender?

I'll tell you the solution to the border problem. Have it down the middle of the English channel, not the Irish Sea. It quite naturally should and would sit there between the British Isles and the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Is this real? Are you actually getting irritated? How's the abyss looking, mate? Tick, tock. I'm stockpiling popcorn for the riots, are you?

Phasing in of VAT imposition is entirely a you problem. Why would the EU change its rules affecting 27 member states just cos the UK is going to lea... wait, crash out? "Oh noes, we're *sobs* leaving... and now we have to change stuff *cries* and now they are big meanies to us!" Well, boohoo. Not our problem, mate. This is your dream. You wanted this. Don't come crying to us now.

Btw, those rules that you call EU dictatorship? Your own Government created them. Oh wait, what's that? Are you retching from the hypocrisy that somehow found its way down your throat? Well, I would hold your hair back, but you are a big girl now. So you live with it. Don't do it again, pumpkin.

The only reason I think you keep bringing up the vassal bullshit is because you still wank off every night to "Rule, Britannia!" and the dream of once more ruling... well, basically your island, because you'll never rule anyone else. I was actually thinking of you when I heard that the US rejected your proposal to fasttrack the WTO deal. I really was. Haven't laughed so hard in oh... weeks. See, I remembered how you told us proud as a cock that the UK would instantly get a deal with their buddies from the US. Took me an entire 15 minutes just to recover from the stomach ache. Tick tock, baby. You're as good as gone. Your economy will tank so hard, you'll need spades to find money.

Btw, here in the civilised world, we appoint judges based on merit, not the flashiest smile in a political campaign. Try to get with the times, we live in the modern age now. Elected judges... rofl... fucking rural kids, haven't got the slightest clue.

And when you run out of arguments, you just make stuff up, as with the conscripted army stuff... what the fuck is going through your mind when you do that? Is your life that shitty that you have to make this stuff up just so your sorry excuse for an existance doesn't depress you so much? Go seek help man. Like, seriously. Go see a psychologist. What you're displaying is pathological.
    It is difficult with you Slanty unless forensically I can pull out of your insane EU rantings the one or two lines of what might be considered half sensible debate. I don't know why I bother but sure let's try and decipher your ramblings and run with EU conscription shall we?

France and Germany are calling for conscription back, so likely it will be back EU wide and why is that? Why can't the EU get volunteers to fight for and defend it? I'll tell you why. It is because the EU isn't worth shit and the average EU Joe can see that. Civilised nations don't need to compell their people to national armed service, that roads leads to a North Korean style of dictatorship and worse, given your history you alone should know that. Is it right Finland is considering it for women now too? Wtf is that all about? Are Finnish ladies no good at baking?

https://www.irishnews.com/opinion/le...ption-1070735/

So yes when it is proposed by Brussels that the EU border with the UK in Ireland is enforced by Irish conscripts you will say goodbye to EU Irish membership. And yet good luck to all those Brits applying for Irish, German etc etc citizenship I hope you have your combats at the ready too, just in case.

Dribbles, just quit, no one here takes you seriously anymore.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What border problem? It is no problemo for the UK, as far as we are concerned there is not going to be one. If the EU plan is to use Irish EU army conscripts to enforce one that's down to them. Yeah I know, we have been here before and this is about when you will inform me that that is not compliant with WTO rules. But then I point out the hypocrisy in that when you fail to let everyone know that the EU has been WTO non compliant for, what is it now, 5 years? Since Croatian EU accession/surrender?

I'll tell you the solution to the border problem. Have it down the middle of the English channel, not the Irish Sea. It quite naturally should and would sit there between the British Isles and the EU.
    Why should the RoI be punished and dictated at by the UK?
    They want to be in the EU. They want our trade system. They don't want a border with Europe. You do. So why should they be punished because a minority who on one day had a very insignificant majority won a vote that due to participation should have been ignored?

It's the UK that wants out, not the RoI. So the border should be with the UK. If the UK will face an issue of terrorism and shit in one of their sub-parts, in this case Northern Ireland. They should fucking have thought about that and worked out a solution before even fucking -voting- about leaving the EU.
    This isn't a RoI problem, this is a Northern Ireland -> UK problem that'll, if it springs up again, spread as different factions hide at different places. The Good Friday Agreement was created to solve a UK issue, not an RoI issue.

So, I ask again. Why punish the RoI because the UK can't fucking solve internal policy?
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Life Capital View Post
    Act 1: Deficit Spending

Italy: Mr EU, my economy is stuck on a slump with high unemployment. Can I please go into deficit spending so that I can get it back on track.

Mr EU: No you are running a deficit. Get that fixed or don't come back.

Italy proceeds to cut spending and economy contracts. Unemployment still high.

Act 2: Monetary policy

Italy: Mr EU, my currency doesn't depreciate and I still have high unemployment can you at least get a loose monetary policy to spur some investment over here.

Mr EU: No, unemployment is very low in countries like Germany and we can't risk overheating the economy just so you can get a chance to recover.

Act 3: Fiscal Union.

Italy: Mr EU, can you at least give me some money here so that I can at least have some space to do something and keep living standards on a stable path.

Mr EU: Yes, but you'll pay it back. Who do you think we are the US??

Italy elects extremist party.

EU apologist: How could've this happen??

@Kiri
    Ah, the great EU boogeyman. Let's put aside for a moment how most of the things presented as bullying here are, once again, just following rulesets that Italy agreed on. But let's talk economics!
    First off, let me make clear that I am not really that much a fan of austerity measures. However, I have to acknowledge that, like most economic tools, they do work at times. The Italian economy is recovering at the moment. It had been for the last 4 years, actually. Unemployment and debt falling, GDP growth picking up, etc. Could the same have happened with an expansive policy? Possibly. No one could tell. But chances are, the debt would have ballooned, rather than contracted, even if the stimulus did help. That is how it usually goes. Austerity is more a thing to help the long-term health of an economy, rather than a short-term one. And that is why it is so unpopular and gets your populists parties elected. Election cycles are too short to reward long-term policies, and it is super easy to promise a better life by rejecting austerity measures. Hence, at least I would never ask "how could this have happened?" because it is pretty obvious how. Doesn't make it any better, but it is not surprising in the least.
    Anyway, back on track. There is another dimension to all of this. Namely, historical context. Italy has always been struggling. As this article https://www.forbes.com/sites/marcoan.../#19c99c9a11a3 notes, unemployment after the recessions and austerity measures was not too different from what it was during Italy's strongest periods. I agree with the author that there seem to be severe structural problems in Italy, which led to it being so susceptible to the crisis to begin with. Neither austerity measures nor deficit spending would or will change anything about that, since both just combat the symptoms, instead of the disease. The article suggests that a lack of growth in terms of productivity might be one of the bigger issues, but neither measures do anything about it.
    Mind you, I see austerity a bad answer to the problem. I just see the proposed budget back then to be just as bad. It is just failing in another way, one that puts the burden on current generations instead of coming ones. But what Italy needs is an actual bully that shakes up its whole industrial sector and forces it into shape. Anything else is just strutting about, not changing anything.

France and Germany are calling for conscription back
    No, they're not. And the source you cite claims Germany still has conscription. Germany doesn't. Hasn't had conscription for over a decade by now. Do you absolutely have to quote the first shitty news article that remotely sounds like the fantasy you made up in your head? You're ridiculous.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Not sure how you think any of this is the EU's fault though, Italy like Greece caused whatever financial problem they have themselves by being irresponsible with their finances.

- - - Updated - - -

The EU does not in any way include the military so no, just another insane idea of yours.
    Not my insane idea, Macron and Merkels I think you will find. Still think it's insane?

Merkel endorses Macron’s EU military plan

https://www.politico.eu/article/emma...military-plan/

Surely you know that already my Viking friend? Get ready to serve the EU cause.. your Brussels masters command it.

Conscription in Denmark

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscription_in_Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No, they're not. And the source you cite claims Germany still has conscription. Germany doesn't. Hasn't had conscription for over a decade by now. Do you absolutely have to quote the first shitty news article that remotely sounds like the fantasy you made up in your head? You're ridiculous.
    THE source I use is wrong? No, you are blind and there are a thousand sources that say otherwise. One of your own...

https://www.dw.com/en/germans-debate...men/a-44962067

I bet you are ready to serve the cause aren't you Slanty? I bet your combats are pristine, polished and ready for the glorious new EU empire as we speak...

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Germany had conscription but paused it in 2011. we would have to conscript women too now and that idea will never fly with populace, so the idea of reviving conscription is dead already.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not my insane idea, Macron and Merkels I think you will find. Still think it's insane?

Surely you know that already my Viking friend? Get ready to serve the EU cause.. your Brussels masters command it.

Conscription in Denmark

THE source I use is wrong? No, you are blind and there are a thousand sources that say otherwise. One of your own...

https://www.dw.com/en/germans-debate...men/a-44962067

I bet you are ready to serve the cause aren't you Slanty? I bet your combats are pristine, polished and ready for the glorious new EU empire as we speak...
    people are discussing a lot of thing. key word is discussing.

It does not surprise me that any kind of topic is being discussed, leading then to be either promoted or dismissed. It's part of being a responsible political leadership to try and be ready for future event and development. And those could be on economic, social or military front.

Something the UK could and should have been doing. How is it possible that a country such as the UK plunge into a BREXIT referendum without an ounce of preparation if the answer is yes. I am flabbergasted at how unprofessional UK leader have been in the past 2 years.

The US has even a plan for a zombie apocalypse of all thing. Imagine how the discussion have been like at the pentagon when there were drafting the document.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Ah, the great EU boogeyman. Let's put aside for a moment how most of the things presented as bullying here are, once again, just following rulesets that Italy agreed on. But let's talk economics!
    First off, let me make clear that I am not really that much a fan of austerity measures. However, I have to acknowledge that, like most economic tools, they do work at times. The Italian economy is recovering at the moment. It had been for the last 4 years, actually. Unemployment and debt falling, GDP growth picking up, etc. Could the same have happened with an expansive policy? Possibly. No one could tell. But chances are, the debt would have ballooned, rather than contracted, even if the stimulus did help. That is how it usually goes. Austerity is more a thing to help the long-term health of an economy, rather than a short-term one. And that is why it is so unpopular and gets your populists parties elected. Election cycles are too short to reward long-term policies, and it is super easy to promise a better life by rejecting austerity measures. Hence, at least I would never ask "how could this have happened?" because it is pretty obvious how. Doesn't make it any better, but it is not surprising in the least.
    Anyway, back on track. There is another dimension to all of this. Namely, historical context. Italy has always been struggling. As this article https://www.forbes.com/sites/marcoan.../#19c99c9a11a3 notes, unemployment after the recessions and austerity measures was not too different from what it was during Italy's strongest periods. I agree with the author that there seem to be severe structural problems in Italy, which led to it being so susceptible to the crisis to begin with. Neither austerity measures nor deficit spending would or will change anything about that, since both just combat the symptoms, instead of the disease. The article suggests that a lack of growth in terms of productivity might be one of the bigger issues, but neither measures do anything about it.
    Mind you, I see austerity a bad answer to the problem. I just see the proposed budget back then to be just as bad. It is just failing in another way, one that puts the burden on current generations instead of coming ones. But what Italy needs is an actual bully that shakes up its whole industrial sector and forces it into shape. Anything else is just strutting about, not changing anything.
    That is simply not true. Before the introduction of Euro the italian economy was one of the strongest in the world (they were 4-5, surpassing Britain). Everything dropped by large numbers after the Euro currency. How can you explian that?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Conscription in Denmark

Denmark is not subject to the defence part of the EU alliance..

Wether we need or should have conscription is entirely up to us

Try again?