View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Sorry don't expect much after that. I just beluga my load.
    Ew! I turtlely didn't want to know about your load!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    You are shoaling much potential.
    He's been well schooled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Ew! I turtlely didn't want to know about your load!
    Stop being koi. I've just about haddock with your puns.

Anyway, if we don't stop carping on, we'll be in trouble.

Good night!
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Good night!
    Gill-ty as charged!

Good night and thanks for the laugh.

Good night!
    Gill-ty as charged!

Good night.
    I Echo your sentiments. I think it's about time we reel it in.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2018-11-21 at 11:38 PM. Reason: 90's gaming punes.

I go away for an hour and this place is more fishy than my local fishmonger. Not sure to be suspicious or impressed.

- - - Updated - - -

What makes you say that UK fishermen only care about fishing until stocks are depleted? That sounds like one, of the many, things you've just made up.

How are they obsolete? And what jobs do you suggest that the unemployed fishermen take up?
    Because they outright refuse to educate themselves into better markets and that the only logical follow up to that is that they do not care. They would rather stick to a job there are simply too many people for instead of sitting in front of a computer for a couple hours a day, getting an education in something that will work for the 21st century and making more money.

Plus you just need to talk to them and they basically cry about not being able to get more fish because "quotas." if they have more than 2 braincells then they know why the quotas are there and how they are too high anyway.

So they are either stupid because they don't want quotas or stupid because they won't educate themselves into a different area.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    What is this crazyness you have about experts in the field making laws and codes about the subject it's being written on.

That's heresy I say HERESY!
    We are working hard on the trope of being the most boring country on the planet. It's better than having the entire planet bear down on you just because you wanted to expand a little... :P

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately that seems to be a widely held opinion in this thread.
    Well, you have to admit... Brexiteers aren't the brightest lights in the chandelier. Ignoring experts, because they're experts... sorry, at some point being polite about it doesn't quite cut it anymore. That's just plain stupid.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Because they outright refuse to educate themselves into better markets and that the only logical follow up to that is that they do not care. They would rather stick to a job there are simply too many people for instead of sitting in front of a computer for a couple hours a day, getting an education in something that will work for the 21st century and making more money.

Plus you just need to talk to them and they basically cry about not being able to get more fish because "quotas." if they have more than 2 braincells then they know why the quotas are there and how they are too high anyway.

So they are either stupid because they don't want quotas or stupid because they won't educate themselves into a different area.
    There is quite literally nothing in your post that is factual or accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Regarding quotas, the UK fishermen can still avoid depleting the local supply if no one else is allowed within British waters and significantly increase their fishing; they'll just have to obey a new but much higher cap on volume since currently quotas for the local supply are apportioned to many countries, not just the UK.
    Yes, it could work, if someone came up with a way to impose border controls on fish and prevent illegal migration, but then... that would make them go extinct.

- - - Updated - - -

There is quite literally nothing in your post that is factual or accurate.
    What a well sourced and reasoned riposte.
    I'm sure everyone is convinced now!

Ah... the plot thickens!

Apparently May is putting Brexit as a whole to disposition if Parliament doesn't agree to the proposed agreement. She remains a Remainer at heart. Now all the UK has to do is shoot down the idiotic agreement in Parliament and we can cancel the whole shitshow and go back to business as usual. Thanks for playing... it's been wonderful.

Tick, tock, Dribs. Tick fucking tock.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Ah... the plot thickens!

Apparently May is putting Brexit as a whole to disposition if Parliament doesn't agree to the proposed agreement. She remains a Remainer at heart. Now all the UK has to do is shoot down the idiotic agreement in Parliament and we can cancel the whole shitshow and go back to business as usual. Thanks for playing... it's been wonderful.

Tick, tock, Dribs. Tick fucking tock.
    More than two years now, it really is time you came to terms with the fact Britain is leaving.

Do you not accept the Maybot has the position to offer everything to the EU yet the power to deliver nothing? Those in parliament that do will flush this turd of a proposal down the shitter in a couple of weeks time followed by her shortly afterwards.

The goodship Britannia all on course for a no deal, steady as she goes, so yah tick tock indeed. Good enough dose of reality for you?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Unfortunately that seems to be a widely held opinion in this thread.
    This thread doesn't exactly paint brexiteers as bright.
    Fortunately, we don't seem to widely take this thread as representative of any larger population.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    This thread doesn't exactly paint brexiteers as bright.
    Fortunately, we don't seem to widely take this thread as representative of any larger population.
    Well, it's really just Dribbles at this point. And he's probably not even representative for the mental asylum he should be residing in.

Well, it's really just Dribbles at this point. And he's probably not even representative for the mental asylum he should be residing in.
    As in it's a proven troll account who no one should be taking seriously? I know it's given certain posters great joy to interact with because it parrots the arguments they wish they were getting from Brexiteers but there aren't any actual Brexiteers in the thread so you have to make do with dribbles.

Closest we have is Pann who I don't think is an actual Brexiteer but is happy to make the argument for whatever reason.

Anyway this thread would be about 10 pages long without dribbs so credit where credit is due I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually I'm quite representative of one of the greatest founding democracies of the planet.

How many MP's will vote for Mays pro EU surrender then? 100/650 possibly 200/650 surely not. Default, out of time, no deal Brexit for the win by a massive margin I reckon. Come on place your bets eurochums, don't be shy, take your best guess if you think otherwise. Perhaps you think by some kind of strange divine intervention this dead as a dodo deal can be saved?

The deal is junk by name even juncker by nature.

Like lambs on the way, by will of the people, to their March 29th 2019 abbatoir date with destiny, remainers keep on bleating but they know not why anymore for their lost cause. Chop lamb chops eurochums the clock is ticking....

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    As in it's a proven troll account who no one should be taking seriously? I know it's given certain posters great joy to interact with because it parrots the arguments they wish they were getting from Brexiteers but there aren't any actual Brexiteers in the thread so you have to make do with dribbles.
    LOL proven by whom? Source? You can dismiss brexiteers all you like, but you know? We won, stop crying.

Closest we have is Pann who I don't think is an actual Brexiteer but is happy to make the argument for whatever reason.

Anyway this thread would be about 10 pages long without dribbs so credit where credit is due I guess.
    Like a boss dribbles should be the new brexit mythic+ debuff affix in 8.3... unbeatable.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

So to sum up things so far:

1. It was a bad idea to leave
    2. Britain is not going to get a good deal
    3. The country will be worse off if leaving happens

Is this right? Since it seems to have been a huge mistake and there's time to undo it then just undo it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gill-ty as charged!

Good night and thanks for the laugh.
    ENOUGH! No more fish stick, please...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    So to sum up things so far:

1. It was a bad idea to leave
    2. Britain is not going to get a good deal
    3. The country will be worse off if leaving happens

Is this right? Since it seems to have been a huge mistake and there's time to undo it then just undo it?
    Pretty much the TLR version of it. For undo it, well basically every EU leader has said "If the UK says we've changed our minds we'll accept it, if it happens before March 29th."

Regarding quotas, the UK fishermen can still avoid depleting the local supply if no one else is allowed within British waters and significantly increase their fishing; they'll just have to obey a new but much higher cap on volume since currently quotas for the local supply are apportioned to many countries, not just the UK.
    Personally I do believe the fishermen have a point, it was just poorly argued and debated by their non-existing MEPs. Fishing quotas should simply be recalculated much more frequently and the crux of the argument was that they were too old and disadvantaged the UK. CAP targets are revised quite more frequently, no reason fishing quotas should not be as well.
    Sorry to say Nym, I disagree with the fishermen in that regards.. sure if you want to yearly change quotas you can do it, but the state of the fish population in the North Sea is shockingly bad. They will need atleast 5 years of no fishing....at all...by...anyone.

I honestly think they will just take the deal offered. Between this deal and no deal, they'd go with this deal.
    No deal that takes away my rights with freedom of movement is acceptable. For both British citizens and those in rest of EU.

The fact the pm claims the deal is in all our interests shows how quickly she resorts to bullshit just like Johnson, farage etc.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Raab: staying in EU is better than May's Brexit deal

Bwahahahah .... no shit, Sherlock

Source: Guardian