View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    See, whether or not it's fearmongering doesn't matter.
    I understand that. However, as far as businesses go, very often you'll find that whilst Business A is moving out of the UK over Brexit, Business B thinks it's an investment opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    And the opinion of a blogshitpage called order-order.com is also shit. I mean, who the fuck is that even?
    It's one of the biggest political blogs in the UK. He gets something like a quarter of a million unique visitors a week.
    Still not tired of winning.

I am kinda with dawkins in that previously linked video as well. If you are going to hold a vote over something that has such major long lasting and probably irreversible repercussions that should require a super majority. If 60% of the people voting really want it then okay thats a pretty good indication your country wants to move in that direction. As it was barely 50% voted to leave and most of them were older people. Most of the younger people who will have to clean up the mess voted to remain because they liked the ability to easily and smoothly travel around europe.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    a nice problem then. is parliament obliged to follow any decision or should parliament, when in doubt, better ask again ?
    or is parliament entitled to discard a referendum because it is also tasked to shield country and populace from harm ?

it is a set of multi billion GBP questions, now have fun.
    Moreover, should such a monumental shift in the direction of the country be decided by a simple majority vote? For us, the clear answer is no, because our participation is fixed on a constitutional level. Even if we allowed silly things as national referendums to have any binding power, a simple majority wouldn't be enough.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Well Cameron said the result would be honored, as far as I remember
    That would have made it binding, in which case the courts already decided that it would have been invalid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Are we no longer on Nazism?

Good, good.

I listened to Carney today. Then laughed at the pompous, twat of a Tory on R4 criticising him for making 'forecasts' when, actually, at the start of the speech Carney said: "These are scenarios not forecasts. They illustrate what could happen not necessarily what is most likely to happen."

I swear to god, though. If the no-dealers do win, Carney's right, and house prices do drop by 30%; I'll be after Rees-Mogg and all of his ridiculously-named children with my pitchfork.

That said, if house prices do drop by 30%, I'm sure the Millennials and iGen will be a lot happier.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Are we no longer on Nazism?

Good, good.

I listened to Carney today. Then laughed at the pompous, twat of a Tory on R4 criticising him for making 'forecasts' when, actually, at the start of the speech Carney said: "These are scenarios not forecasts. They illustrate what could happen not necessarily what is most likely to happen."

I swear to god, though. If the no-dealers do win, Carney's right, and house prices do drop by 30%; I'll be after Rees-Mogg and all of his ridiculously-named children with my pitchfork.

That said, if house prices do drop by 30%, I'm sure the Millennials and iGen will be a lot happier.
    I guess you've not seen JRM's comments about Carney. https://twitter.com/faisalislam/stat...53557221785601

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    As the Scots said, it should have at least required a majority in each member of the Union. Which it didn't get since Scotland and NI voted it down.
    You can't see any flaws with that?

I wonder if the Scots in question would be so keen on this proposal had 38,694,000 voters in England had all voted remain and 3,728,000 in Scotland, Wales and NI had voted to leave?
    Last edited by Pann; 2018-11-28 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In fact, while we're on the subject of Rees-Mogg.

That his archaic, bigoted & homophobic views do not render him unelectable but actually make him extremely popular, sickens and shocks me.

Somewhere, I read that he's now only polling second to BJ as successor to May.

It's a damning indictment of the state of politics that this joke, this utter fucking joke of a human could be considered worthy of the role of PM.

Edit....

Literally, I am ashamed to be British at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Yup cameron screwed up in calling for the vote then screwed up treating the vote once it happened as if it was utterly binding because to do otherwise may have had his party lose power because they were stupid enough to hold the vote in the first place and then being a picture of courage he fucked right off and left somebody else to clean up the mess he made.
    No, he made it binding to get back at his schoolyard rival Boris who pretended to be for leave to stick it to Camoron in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would they?
    The pound would probably drop by even more, so foreign investors would snap up all those cheap houses.
    After all, who is going to build more of those after the UK got rid of all the Poles?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I guess you've not seen JRM's comments about Carney. https://twitter.com/faisalislam/stat...53557221785601
    He referenced that comment in his fourth sentence which you did quote.
    Didn't read that far? Then do not quote the whole post as if you did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some Tories are really looking to make bank on this misery that's called the brexit for the working class. Classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    No? If you respect the individual nations that join to make the United Kingdom, you give them a veto for the really important stuff. Like the EU does.
    Really? You don't see the problem with a vote from NI being worth more than 30 votes from England?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The pound would probably drop by even more, so foreign investors would snap up all those cheap houses.
    After all, who is going to build more of those after the UK got rid of all the Poles?
    I don't know about that... which "foreign investors" are going to want to "invest" in the UK?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? You don't see the problem with a vote from NI being worth more than 30 votes from England?
    That's how it works in all nation's build out of several regions. Belgium's french half vote also counts more than a Dutch one in Federal elections due to them being a minority in the nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    In short - my glass is not exactly half full this eve..... probably more 99% empty.

If a no-dealer can convince me why Carney's 'disorderly Brexit scenario' is project fear at its best, please do so.

Because at the moment, all I want to do is kill racist baby boomers.

I don't know about that... which "foreign investors" are going to want to "invest" in the UK?
    We are still the fifth or sixth biggest economy on the planet, all this doom and gloom that no-one will want to invest in the UK is as realistic as the claims that we will be rich beyond the dreams of Avarice because we signed a FTA with the Democratic Republic of Congo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how much the government is willing to respect the current health and safety laws and worker laws since you'll no longer be forced to keep the EU standards in place.

Mind you this might be good for the nation short term but harmful long term and disasterous for the population. See US trading in wel paying manufacturing jobs for burger jobs that pay next to nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

We are still the fifth or sixth biggest economy on the planet, all this doom and gloom that no-one will want to invest in the UK is as realistic as the claims that we will be rich beyond the dreams of Avarice because we signed a FTA with the Democratic Republic of Congo.
    You are one of the biggest thanks to your seat in the EU thanks to Blair wanting to add in central to Eastern European nation's to the EU giving you cheap labor to keep growing etc. Stop taking the EU for granted and assuming the UK all achieved this without their position in the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    But explain how, Pann.

Why should I believe a no-dealer politician above Carney with regard to the economic outcome of 'disorderly Brexit'.

So far, all I've heard is a lot of upper-class "we're Brits and we'll try hard and we're flexible and let's have some bunker spirit and yadda yadda yadda" bullshit from politicians who should be unelectable but aren't because the electorate, in particular the racist baby boomers, are morally bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You are one of the biggest thanks to your seat in the EU thanks to Blair wanting to add in central to Eastern European nation's to the EU giving you cheap labor to keep growing etc. Stop taking the EU for granted and assuming the UK all achieved this without their position in the EU.
    Oh, really? It appears the assumption is all yours. I don't believe I made any mention of the EU or that we had not benefited from our membership.

- - - Updated - - -

But explain how, Pann.

Why should I believe a no-dealer politician above Carney with regard to the economic outcome of 'disorderly Brexit'.

So far, all I've heard is a lot of upper-class "we're Brits and we'll try hard and we're flexible and let's have some bunker spirit and yadda yadda yadda" bullshit from politicians who should be unelectable but aren't because the electorate, in particular the racist baby boomers, are morally bankrupt.
    You shouldn't. However just because JRM comes out with some bollocks that the UK will have all the cake and fish if we leave without a deal doesn't mean that the opposite will occur and the UK will collapse into some sort of dystopian wasteland.

And I must say I do not like this characterising those who voted differently as racist, stupid or whatever. It's lazy and you're better than that.
    Last edited by Pann; 2018-11-28 at 10:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, really? It appears the assumption is all yours. I don't believe I made any mention of the EU or that we had not benefited from our membership.
    Merely pointing out that you'll remain as lucrative to invest in after the brexit is a very wrong horse to bet on. Both due to lack of access to the EU market and the political instability makes the UK not a very attractive nation.

What could be disasterous for certain sectors. Let's take the car industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Merely pointing out that you'll remain as lucrative to invest in after the brexit is a very wrong horse to bet on. Both due to lack of access to the EU market and the political instability makes the UK not a very attractive nation.

What could be disasterous for certain sectors. Let's take the car industry.
    Where did I say anything about the UK being as lucrative to invest in after Brexit? I stated that saying that no-one would want to invest in the UK is not realistic. If you're going to say that I am wrong you could try actually addressing what I write.

Where did I say anything about the UK being as lucrative to invest in after Brexit? I stated that saying that no-one would want to invest in the UK is not realistic. If you're going to say that I am wrong you could try actually addressing what I write.
    Well, if you're going to make ridiculous statements and then claim they're false, that's really on you. Here, I'll try... saying nobody will profit from Brexit is ridiculous. See? It's easy. I'm sure some people are going to profit from this. Let me try another one... Saying everyone who drives a car into a wall is going to be dead, that's a preposterous statement! See, I'm sneaky and didn't mention the speed there, get it? Hey, let's have another go, this is fun... saying EVERYONE here thinks the point you were making is a piss poor excuse for argument is factually incorrect! Again, I'm sure someone will agree with you.

Splendid. Absolutely marvelous, the way you goad someone into the trap.. and then spring it with just a pinch of the right amount of literal interpretation. It's a texbook example of... oh well, wasting everyone's time, really. Sorry... not everyone's... but an undetermined, yet sufficiently high, number of people that are frequenting this thread on this forum while at the same time actually having better things to do, say staring at a wall. Of course, this is an incorrect statement for any group of people that are visiting this thread while not actually having a wall to stare at. The usual disclaimers apply and therefore I must conclude that this statement is also, in all likelihood, false by the standard you set upon a mere human being.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.