View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    Just out of Curiosity has the EU done any reports on the effects of what a no deal would do their economies or interests, all i can ever seem to find are uk ones.
    The EU have released guidance on a no deal situation arising but many of the preparations and contingencies for no-deal will be unique to each member state. I would guess that there are notices on member states' government web sites but I've not searched myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    He only speaks for himself, he can't make that kind of promise.
    Had he remained PM, it would have been his call?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You know we voted remain.
    "Gollum! Gollum!"

- - - Updated - - -

Just out of Curiosity has the EU done any reports on the effects of what a no deal would do their economies or interests, all i can ever seem to find are uk ones.
    Yes, here.
    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/united...itstudies.html
    The EU will mostly have to deal with a decreased budget, and member states will have to recruit more staff for customs and tax offices.
    The UK will have to recruit and train staff in all the regulatory areas the EU was doing on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    "Gollum! Gollum!"
    Gollum? I thought this was my I'm Spartacus moment. Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Saw this reported earlier but it seems to have slipped off the headlines.
    London has not become a major financial hub only because of the EU. It might take a hit from Brexit but I wouldn't call Doom on the City just yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Gollum? I thought this was my I'm Spartacus moment. Damn!
    Discuss it with your worse half in your head and let me know which one it is :P

Discuss it with your worse half in your head and let me know which one it is :P
    I tried that but for some reason all can hear is this ticking noise... it's most bothersome.

London has not become a major financial hub only because of the EU. It might take a hit from Brexit but I wouldn't call Doom on the City just yet.
    Not its doom, but due to shortly being in a third country the rules the UK worked hard to get the EU to adopt to disadvantage New York will now work against London, too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Insurance and to some extent banking sure.
    As far as corporate HQ goes though, its pretty Doom in the timespan of 1-4 years.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I tried that but for some reason all can hear is this ticking noise... it's most bothersome.
    Hahaha tick tock biz nitch! We crash out of the EU in 2 weeks time so jokes on you because I was originally an American before I corrected my info for the Brexit thread I exclusively post in! Haha take that Eurochums!

Yeah, they have. Only nobody gives a shit, because basically "we'll survive" and we're more worried about Britain.

Yes, the irony is strong... But despite popular belief, we don't actually wish the UK crumbles and implodes. Only anarchist bad people like Dribs like that. Replace "bad people" with any colourful language you'd like to apply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Hahaha tick tock biz nitch! We crash out of the EU in 2 weeks time so jokes on you because I was originally an American before I corrected my info for the Brexit thread I exclusively post in! Haha take that Eurochums!
    You ok man?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Is anyone watching Question Time? My television is precariously close to having a glass of gin thrown at it.

Panellists are genuinely all muppets. They’re all absolutely awful.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Is anyone watching Question Time? My television is precariously close to having a glass of gin thrown at it.

Yup. It's very poor this week.

Although I have to say that the poet has an impressive skill of talking lots but saying nothing.
    Last edited by Pann; 2018-11-29 at 11:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. It's very poor this week.
    Standard of debate is shocking. They are all thick as pig shit.

Do you mean PMQ? Or is there another interesting show?

I say interesting... of course PMQ is more amusing than interesting... I stopped watching after May tried to give evidence for the wide range support for her solution and didn't get any further than "fisheries, farmers and employers in Northern Ireland". Wow, yeah.. that's what, 5% of the GDP? Not bad, that is huge support...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

I say interesting... of course PMQ is more amusing than interesting... I stopped watching after May tried to give evidence for the wide range support for her solution and didn't get any further than "fisheries, farmers and employers in Northern Ireland". Wow, yeah.. that's what, 5% of the GDP? Not bad, that is huge support...
    Black lives matter! Ehrm, I mean Scottish fishermen matter.
    Sorry.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poet: nice vegan, in touch with the kids, brain addled by decades of ganja.

Labour: psycho. Absolute nutter. Would not want to meet her in a dark alley in Barnsley.

Tim Martin: looks and talks like one of my roadies.

Tory: just can’t take seriously. Get behind May. Lol.

Lib Dem: every time she’s in shot I feel her jacket’s about to induce a migraine.

Dimbelby should get some of the audience up on stage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It’s a BBC topical debate program. Normally worth watching. Tonight’s line-up of talking heads is excruciatingly bad.

Standard of debate is shocking. They are all thick as pig shit.
    I have had the (mis)fortune of meeting Tim Martin on a number of occasions and he most certainly is not thick but his comments tonight were, at times, shockingly dishonest.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You very clearly stated "I don't know which is more amazing [...] the fact that Farage actually thinks it favours them (or at least pretends too, we all know he cannot actually be as dumb as he pretends while also being shrewd enough to make millions form it)." the implication of which is that you do not believe that the current proposal favours the EU, which is what I questioned.

I am sorry who exactly is this anyone who expected less favourable terms? Quite frankly this is a blanket statement that you have no way of proving.

What slack have the EU cut us? Assuming this proposal goes through the EU has eliminated our ability to out compete EU industries by keeping us aligned with the EU tariff regime and standards, they have essentially put the brakes on the UK implementing any FTA, they have ensured that we have to follow EU rules and regulations without having any say and to top that all off we cannot put a stop to all of the above without the EU's consent.

As much as it pains me to say it; Farrage is quite right that the EU have outmanoeuvred us at every turn, although I would prefer that he accepted that this is, and was always going to be, the reality of Brexit and that he take ownership of his role in selling this mess to nation instead of throwing out soundbites on one of his rare appearances at the European Parliament.

To be honest Barnier and team have done an absolutely brilliant job so far and it is no criticism of him or the EU to state that as a result of their hard work they have looked after the EU's interests (as was their job) and negotiated a proposal that favours them and not us.
    Okay, assuming that you genuinely do not understand this and aren't just trying to wind me up, I will use an analogy:

If serial killer in the USA murders 50 people, gets caught and then gets prosecuted, and everyone expects them to get the death penalty, but the judge for whatever reason takes pity on them and gives them a life sentence instead. Then that person has been shown favourable treatment, it wasn't unfavourable just because he didn't get released with a suspended sentence and given the judges house.

The EU have not "eliminated our ability to out compete EU industries" because we never had that to begin with, we are a pissy little island in the north sea which had an empire before WW2 but only have any relevance on the world stage in the 21st century due to being a high ranking member of the EU. If you honestly thought that we were magically going to be more important than the USA or Canada once we left the EU then it's not the negotiation teams fault for letting you down lol.
    Last edited by caervek; 2018-11-30 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Okay, assuming that you genuinely do not understand this and aren't just trying to wind me up, I will use an analogy:

If serial killer in the USA murders 50 people, gets caught and then gets prosecuted, and everyone expects them to get the death penalty, but the judge for whatever reason takes pity on them and gives them a life sentence instead. Then that person has been shown favourable treatment, it wasn't unfavourable just because he didn't get released with a suspended sentence and given the judges house.
    That's a very bad analogy and still does not explain your original comment. But thanks for trying.

Just to expand a bit on what I have written. You claimed, and I'm paraphrasing here, that Farrage was dumb for believing that the current proposal favours the EU. To which I asked you if you believed that it favoured the UK. Do think that May's proposal favours the EU or the UK?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The EU have not "eliminated our ability to out compete EU industries" because we never had that to begin with, we are a pissy little island in the north sea which had an empire before WW2 but only have any relevance on the world stage in the 21st century due to being a high ranking member of the EU. If you honestly thought that we were magically going to be more important than the USA or Canada once we left the EU then it's not the negotiation teams fault for letting you down lol.

Yeah, alright. Seriously what is it with this thread and the total inability to respond to what someone writes? Where did I mention anything about being more important than the US or Canada? In fact where did I mention anything about any of that?
    Last edited by Pann; 2018-11-30 at 12:10 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, alright. Seriously what is it with this thread and the total inability to respond to what someone writes? Where did I mention anything about being more important than the US or Canada? In fact where did I mention anything about any of that?
    Look up what George Orwell wrote about English intellectuals and patriotism. Might explain a bit.
    Still not tired of winning.

Just to expand a bit on what I have written. You claimed, and I'm paraphrasing here, that Farrage was dumb for believing that the current proposal favours the EU. To which I asked you if you believed that it favoured the UK. Do think that May's proposal favours the EU or the UK?
    Hmm... I'm not sure you understood the point @caervek was making. He attacked Farage for believing the deal was favourable for the EU, because the way this agreement formed up is actually the expected result, considering the obstacles this whole lunacy has to face. The EU is losing one of the top three members. Nothing about this is favourable to the EU. Nothing at all. And unlike the UK, the EU doesn't have any way to actually change what they don't want to happen. This agreement? It's not a consolation price. It is the negotiated amputation of a core piece of the EU, let's be real here.

Oh sure, if your mindset is that it's "us" vs. "them", as Brexiteers usually do, you can start talking about winners and losers, but really, everyone's a loser here.