View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    This thread didn't grow to 822 pages overnight, the Dribbles post you're quoting is also from October 2017.
    Long day, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Or a long extension. Or cancelling Article 50. This doesn't actually rule out any possibility yet, regardless of what certain individuals are saying. It might mean that May resigns as a result of the next vote, but will that actually break the deadlock in Parliament? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't.

What's a word for an omnishambles so great that it's capable of impacting across the entire multiverse?
    To find out where long extension fits into the future we have to see what comes out of Parliament tonight and how the EU reacts but initial signs point to "nu-uh".

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    To find out where long extension fits into the future we have to see what comes out of Parliament tonight and how the EU reacts but initial signs point to "nu-uh".
    Agreed, I don't see a long extension, assuming it's offered, getting through parliament unless there is a significant change within and revoking A50 is just not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Soft Eurosceptisicm is the belief that the EU is necessary but requires reform. Soft Euroscepticism completely rejects the idea of dissolving the EU. Hard Euroscepticism among the left is only a stance among Communist parties that reject "the American World Order" as part of their Cold War alignment to the USSR. The USSR no longer exists and Russia is in no way Communist so why you still have their back baffles me.
    You can only understand beliefs holding some value if they are strapped on the back(ing) of some superpower?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It's not lower, you just ignore that the very same threshold also gives the option of taking back control. It's called negotiation.
    You can negotiate new terms; you don't have to.

So you have two options, the nuclear one or negotiation. Do tell how that is asymmetric?
    You only need decision of your own country to accept EU treaty; you need decision by every EU country to allow leaving the very same treaty (while keeping others in place rather then Article 50 crash-out).

That's asymmetric.

Loopy!

'May told Cabinet Ministers this afternoon that she wants to set MV3 up as her deal v no deal. But the danger for Downing Street is that Labour MPs don’t take this framing seriously, while ERG ones do'

https://twitter.com/JGForsyth/status...37192215592962

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Loopy!

'May told Cabinet Ministers this afternoon that she wants to set MV3 up as her deal v no deal. But the danger for Downing Street is that Labour MPs don’t take this framing seriously, while ERG ones do'

https://twitter.com/JGForsyth/status...37192215592962
    Hmm. She must realise that framing it that way virtually guarantees failure, surely? Which means either she wants no-deal, or she wants to set up a binary choice between no-deal and no Brexit. Hoping to force Parliament to cancel Brexit, rather than having that shame fall upon the Tories alone.

Either way this is no way to run a country.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it's May's deal or no-deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47636011
    Except inadvertently Bercow has ruled out the return of May's deal, so that leaves, hip hip hooray, no deal. Finally.

Now it's settled anyone got any celebratory plans for Brexiteve?

Tick tock....
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Except inadvertently Bercow has ruled out the return of May's deal, so that leaves, hip hip hooray, no deal. Finally.

Now it's settled anyone got any celebratory plans for Brexiteve?

Tick tock....
    I suppose it is possible that Tusk's comments could represent a significant change to the Withdrawal Bill and Bercow could let it go.

7+ Year Old Account
    I suppose it is possible that Tusk's comments could represent a significant change to the Withdrawal Bill and Bercow could let it go.
    Bercow and his grandstanding doesn't seem the type to back down tho. That's remainers for you.. who would have thought it, three cheers to the remainers for facilitating that sweet no deal...

This ones tears are so exquisite I could kiss him...

Dominic Grieve: “I have never been more ashamed to be a member of the Conservative Party”

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1108414155684483072

Bless him...

Looks like its all down to one of Tim's places for a few swift ones next week!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Bercow and his grandstanding doesn't seem the type to back down tho. That's remainers for you.. who would have thought it, three cheers to the remainers for facilitating that sweet no deal...

Dominic Grieve: “I have never been more ashamed to be a member of the Conservative Party”

Bless him...

I dunno, I think Bercow is more concerned with the House following proper procedure. If he feels there has been a significant change to her deal he'll allow it, if he doesn't he won't.

It's hard to disagree with Grieve.

- - - Updated - - -

Rumours are flying around that May will either announce her resignation or another GE at 20:15 but let's be honest she'll probably just go on about how MPs must accept her deal.

Bless him...

Still odd to see your weird posts. Your country and politicians is a laughing stock, even outside the EU, and you're furthermore hoping you'll shoot yourself in the foot on purpose. Yet you're cheering for all of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Still odd to see your weird posts. Your country and politicians is a laughing stock, even outside the EU, and you're furthermore hoping you'll shoot yourself in the foot on purpose. Yet you're cheering for all of it.
    Except this forum is not really representative of the mood amongst 17.4 million UK people who are on the verge of having their wishes for freedom respected by reluctant politicians in a little over a weeks time.

Believe me it will be the biggest party for decades in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    @LeGin Tufnel sadly Nigel Farage's new party seems to be having a few issues
    Now, there’s a surprise! Bigots in the Brexit Party? Really? Unfortunately, it looks like his party’s failings will be of less importance as I don’t really disagree with the following:

Where you will find me clasping an empty bottle of gin and ranting incomprehensibly. In fairness, not too different a state to the norm, however, I apologise in advance for any chaos that ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Always a good watch

Funny how I only found his politics videos after watching some of his wow ones (Thete gaming). He's always come out with good points.

Except this forum is not really representative of the mood amongst 17.4 million UK people who are on the verge of having their wishes for freedom respected by reluctant politicians in a little over a weeks time.

Believe me it will be the biggest party for decades in the UK.
    Freedom? Are you high mate? What exactly is it that you think you'll be able to do before and after brexit? You have no idea.

And let me add, that's it's fucking sad that such a small amount of people, out of some 64 million will be happy. Yet you talk about freedom like you're on of the countries who were once ruled by the Empire you once had.

At this point the UK is a laughing stock, and it's a real shame that twats like you cheer on for the misery of millions of brits.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2019-03-20 at 07:38 PM.

Rumours are flying around that May will either announce her resignation or another GE at 20:15 but let's be honest she'll probably just go on about how MPs must accept her deal.
    If this is anything to go by, it probably won't be either. Just more pointless blabla.
    https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...50888039968770
    I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Corbyn demonstrating his understanding of the seriousness of the current situation by refusing to meet with other opposition leaders while a TIG representative is present.

Corbyn not wanting May and her government taking all the attention for utter fuckwittery reportedly storms out of a cross party meeting because Umunna was present.

https://twitter.com/lucianaberger/st...54279772336129

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    But the current EU won't allow the necessary reform. That's the entire problem, if it was actually possible to make meaningful change people wouldn't want to get rid of it.
    What does Russia have to do with anything? Even if the country never existed the EU would STILL be a bad thing.
    EU doesn't allow it because it doesn't have popular support. As simple as that. Also it's laughable you think EU is dicatatorship since if they were, you'd be simply removed and put to some death camp/prison just like the other ones that do that ie. North Korea, Turkey and many others. Basically your very existance is proof that what you say is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Corbyn demonstrating his understanding of the seriousness of the current situation by refusing to meet with other opposition leaders while a TIG representative is present.
    Forgive my ignorance of the specifics of British politics but...why hasn't Labor replaced him as the party leader/head yet? He seems to do little beyond be pretty spectacularly incompetent while generating gaffe after gaffe.