View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    What fucks me off, really fucks me off is this:

Who the fuck did May think she was addressing just then?

What paralell universe is she residing in does she think her entire audience subscribe to her "will of the people", we're all in it together, we all want it over mentality?

She's playing with fire. Dogwhistling. Now we're fucked. There is no consensus. She's an arrogant, awful PM who has stoked division.

Yes, Huehue, Labour's "constructive ambivialence" during the whole process HAS NOT helped. Deal with it.

Fucking, fuck, fuck fuck
    I am genuinely baffled as to what was the point of her little address and looking across social media it appears that I am not the only one.

I actually thought the speech was going ok and then she simply turned around and walked away.
    I really thought there was going to finally be some sort of direction or clarity tonight, ffs.

I just don't understand what her game is.

I am looking at my family members atm, some want out, some want in, but in the end they just want something to damn happen more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I am genuinely baffled as to what was the point of her little address and looking across social media it appears that I am not the only one.
    To trigger da libz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I take it that it's just me then that doesn't believe they have had a "good" PM in their life time then? Thatcher, Major (I actually like Major tbf, shit government but a good guy), Blair, Brown, Cameron and May? I don't think the history books will be vaunting any of them.
    I think given the tribal nature of UK politics that the only way this debate can turn out is in an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    The fact is that is the reason why Labour eventually failed.
    Labour failed because they chose successively weaker leaders after Blair, and decided (as they always do) that the solution to every election loss was to move even further to the left and alienate even more of the people they actually need to win elections.

To trigger da libz.
    I am not even sure if she achieved this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Ofc it's my opinion what else would it be. But the party ended up almost going in a neo-liberal direction.

The fact is that is the reason why Labour eventually failed.
    Not "almost". The politics of the 90s and 00s was unchallenged Neo-Liberalism. The fuckers at least knew how to politik though.

In your opinion.
    Thatcher liked what he did with the party. Make of that what you will.

And I agree with what you said about Labour taking part of the blame for this as well. Because they are trying to make political capital out of this, just like the Tories are, because of the deeply damaging FPTP system. Get rid of that and let MPs properly represent the people that elect them, and move away from childish, divisive, confrontational politics that we have today.

This whole debacle, that started with Cameron, can be traced back to FPTP and its corrosive influence on British politics.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I am not even sure if she achieved this.
    You sure? Because if that hasn't been her sole aim in the past few years then wtf has been her objective!?

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    That could also mean anything. Like you know she could have liked that there was actually an opposition in place now. During the 80s Labour were a joke. They had as a manifesto the longest suicide note in history it was that bad.

It took Kinnock to wake up in the late 80s even though he was tainted with old Labour and then John Smith to get the ball rolling and Blair to give it true momentum to actually have Labour as electable to the citizens of the UK.

The only reason Corbyn got close was because people were voting against May and the Tory lead brexit and how she seemingly showed contempt to the democratic procedure by just not campaigning. IF anyone else was in charge of Labour. Even Ed Milliband it would almost be certain that we'd have a Labour government right now, likely propped up by LD, SNP and Greens/Plaid due to how many people are put off by Corbyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Still odd to see your weird posts. Your country and politicians is a laughing stock, even outside the EU, and you're furthermore hoping you'll shoot yourself in the foot on purpose. Yet you're cheering for all of it.
    Dribbs doesn't care what happens to the UK or it's people either because he stands to personally profit from Brexit or he's swallowed the lies of those that do.

You sure? Because if that hasn't been her sole aim in the past few years then wtf has been her objective!?
    Haha, I'm not sure of anything anymore!

And I agree with what you said about Labour taking part of the blame for this as well. Because they are trying to make political capital out of this, just like the Tories are, because of the deeply damaging FPTP system. Get rid of that and let MPs properly represent the people that elect them, and move away from childish, divisive, confrontational politics that we have today
    Agree 100% with all of this.

Well, were Blair's 'ministries' as bad as Thatcher's? Major's? Cameron's? May's?

No. Absolutely not.

Anyway - it's not the argument at hand.

/sigh What a complete, unmitigated disaster.

See you all at Wetherspoons in one capacity or another...

I've just read through the transcript of her speech, and it literally makes my skin crawl. The amount of rank hypocrisy in there is off the scale. It is honestly beyond me how we allowed anyone with that little human warmth and self-awareness to become leader of this country. If nothing else tells me we absolutely have to reform the entire political structure, root and branch, it's the ability of our current system to promote a Dickensian satire made flesh to the highest political office in our land.

Sort this debacle out first, but recognise it's just a symptom. Once we are finished with it, we need to move onto the root cause.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    That could also mean anything. Like you know she could have liked that there was actually an opposition in place now.
    I heard it was because she was a mega, big D:Ream fangirl...

... I'll get my coat.

It is honestly beyond me how we allowed anyone with that little human warmth and self-awareness to become leader of this country.
    We didn't, a majority of Conservative MPs did. If not for them, the Conservative party membership would have elected Boris Johnson.

See you all at Wetherspoons in one capacity or another...
    Why? Are we having a meet up where we accidentally burn one down as a middle finger to Brexit? Because that's totally illegal but I'm also totally in.

- - - Updated - - -

I heard it was because she was a mega, big D:Ream fangirl...

... I'll get my coat.
    Don't you drag future Attenborough replacement Brian Cox into this!

Don't you drag future Attenborough replacement Brian Cox into this!
    things can only get better

The thing is I do (well, did...) like Corbyn as a politician. I do like his policies (even if I think the UK won't accept such a radical swing to the left) and I think a faction in the Labour party have scored a massive own-goal in the way they worked so fervently against him instead of working towards compromise.

But since Brexit Corbyn has been acting like a massive cock and playing party politics instead of working as leader of the opposition and trying to find a way through this for the good of the country. He's basically been as bad as May.

What those two should have done is worked for a cross-party consensus that would have allowed May to give the ERG the finger. I suspect we should have ended up with some sort of customs union with regulatory alignment. It would have pissed off the rich twats who wanted special trade deals and obviously not been as good as remaining in the EU, but it would have respected the concerns about immigration and paying in to the EU whilst minimising the damage to Northern Ireland and the UK economy.

If May had been stubborn and decided her shitty deal trying to appease the ERG and DUP was the only way to go then Corbyn should have worked with other opposition parties and Tory rebels to push for a 2nd referendum.

things can only get better
    Can only get better if we see it through
    That means me and I mean you too

Who knew that this would be May's Brexit strategy? Truly visionaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The thing is I do (well, did...) like Corbyn as a politician. I do like his policies (even if I think the UK won't accept such a radical swing to the left) and I think a faction in the Labour party have scored a massive own-goal in the way they worked so fervently against him instead of working towards compromise.

But since Brexit Corbyn has been acting like a massive cock and playing party politics instead of working as leader of the opposition and trying to find a way through this for the good of the country. He's basically been as bad as May.

What those two should have done is worked for a cross-party consensus that would have allowed May to give the ERG the finger. I suspect we should have ended up with some sort of customs union with regulatory alignment. It would have pissed off the rich twats who wanted special trade deals and obviously not been as good as remaining in the EU, but it would have respected the concerns about immigration and paying in to the EU whilst minimising the damage to Northern Ireland and the UK economy.

If May had been stubborn and decided her shitty deal trying to appease the ERG and DUP was the only way to go then Corbyn should have worked with other opposition parties and Tory rebels to push for a 2nd referendum.
    I'm not defending Corbyn's behaviour but at which point and with hindsight was he to reach out exactly? She has ignored every olive branch and shut down every dialogue.