View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by walthplath View Post
    You posted that before. As I responded before, that's a vote-winner for Dribbles and his friends. A lot of the resentment of the EU was mixed up with banking, particulary foreign bankers. You really understand nothing do you?
    https://www.bma.org.uk/news/media-ce...hic-for-health

No deal Brexit could be catastrophic for health
    The British Medical Association (BMA) is today warning that a no deal Brexit could have could have potentially catastrophic consequences for patients, the health workforce, services and the nation’s health.
    I'm sorry, what? I was distracted by this statement from the BMA that no-deal would be catastrophic. Please, protect the tender little snowflakes like Dribbles from getting their touchy feelings hurt by talking some more about your anti-globalist dream. I'm sure that'll convince people not to get sick anymore.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Hahahahaha... I consider some of you being alt accounts by the same guy arguing with himself... just kidding.
    Calamari!

You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Snip meaningless rant [/url]
    Bankers are not popular in the UK. Most people would like to see them leave. I'd venture that it is you, not the 90% of the population that despises the banking industry, that has mental health problems if you cannot understand that.

Bankers are not popular in the UK. Most people would like to see them leave. I'd venture that it is you, not the 90% of the population that despises the banking industry, that has mental health problems if you cannot understand that.
    They would like to see them leave, but they wouldn't like it when the NHS and education budgets get cut because of the significant tax revenue drop.

Oh, you're gone... it's okay, I couldn't read what you said anyway, see I was busy listening to this leaver explain why he switched sides. See, as it turns out, he was wrong but has the character to talk about it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The problem is they are a very significant part of your tax flows, so what would you replace them with?
    You talk as if it even makes sense what he said. "90% of the population despises the banking industry"

Yes, so apparently 90% of the population are retarded sheep that couldn't put an original thought together if you held a gun to their head. I wager his number is just slightly exaggerated and we're really talking about comparable numbers to the pitiful blockupy movement... I saw them in my cities, 20 people or or so, making an ass of themselves in the city.

Funnily, I'd bet money, those bored kids are the same idiots that now votes Brexit and that are very, very excited about A13. And I also bet none of them ever read a law, but they absolutely have every blogshitpage in their bubble memorized by heart.

Hey, be an activist... BUT DON'T FUCK UP YOUR COUNTRY JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE BORED AND WANT THE ATTENTION!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Interesting hear, the young man is right on so many fronts its scary.

Oh, you're gone... it's okay, I couldn't read what you said anyway, see I was busy listening to this leaver explain why he switched sides. See, as it turns out, he was wrong but has the character to talk about it!
    That was a really interesting discussion. And the point he made that the extremes on both sides are getting all the air time is absolutely correct. What are we going to achieve if all our debates are between JRM and Blair (or their human equivalents)? The debate should be had (and will be won) in the centre, where there is a greater chance of people like this young man changing their mind.

Thanks for the link.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

While certainly you are right that 90% is laughable, it is probably a fairly large number still. The UK banking sector receives a lot of special treatment and is also broadly corrupt.
    And yet, they are a necessity. Hating them doesn't make them go away. Unless Brexiteers want to go back to trading pigs for bread again. A wonderful time in history, I heard...

But, you are right about banking corruption. That's why we need proper banking regulations. Something the US really, really despises us for, by the way. Guess which country is now leaving the EU and it's emerging bubble of protecting regulations? Guess who's going to be dominated by US banks if Brexiteers could have their way?

Way to improve corruption in the banking sector... just turn it into a wild west movie and see who comes out alive. Surely that'll improve matters.
    Last edited by Slant; 2019-03-23 at 01:16 PM.

While certainly you are right that 90% is laughable, it is probably a fairly large number still. The UK banking sector receives a lot of special treatment and is also broadly corrupt.
    It's certainly not popular. The financial crisis under Labour and the Tory imposed austerity that was brought in to solve it were the responsibility of bankers in the public eye. Some can blame the government for regulation failings or w/e but most people blame bankers. And that was only a decade ago.

"Wanker banker" is an expression that's been around for a looong ass time. For most people in the UK (albeit 90% aren't foaming at the mouth about it) it is considered a bit of a scummy profession, a lot like lawyer is. Yes they may be envied for being rich; but it's viewed that the money is in someway generated through nefarious means.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless Brexiteers want to go back to trading pigs for bread again. A wonderful time in history, I heard...
    Something something manufacturing sector something "We used to make STEEL" something something.

I mean, you're right; but I *think* that's the proposed replacement idk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    They would like to see them leave, but they wouldn't like it when the NHS and education budgets get cut because of the significant tax revenue drop.
    England is a very rich country as it should be when you have plundered three quarters of the world for centuries, they just doesn't want to spend that wealth on the modern day peasants.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2019-03-23 at 02:52 PM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

The will of the people:

Now, that's how you get a point across. Keep it up!

The will of the people:

Now, that's how you get a point across. Keep it up!
    Compare to this, which is Farage's "Brexit at any cost" lot (aka Dribbles and company):

Couldn't even fill a pub car-park.

FAKE NEWS.

It was as much as it takes to fill a pub car park. Didn't even check your own source :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    FAKE NEWS.

It was as much as it takes to fill a pub car park. Didn't even check your own source :O
    Could have fit another 10 people if they had shifted the van in the middle of the shot and you can quite plainly see gaps between the edge of the people and the walls

10+ Year Old Account
    People should have protested this way at least a year ago. Most of this for me is simply buyers remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    People should have protested this way at least a year ago. Most of this for me is simply buyers remorse.
    You mean like they did? I found these four major events with tens (or hundreds) of thousands of participants after about 2 minutes of googling:

2 July 2016: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36692990

3 September 2016 https://www.theguardian.com/politics...emos-around-uk

25 March 2017: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...or-europe-live

7 Sep 2017 https://www.theguardian.com/politics...tration-london

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like they did? I found these four major events with tens (or hundreds) of thousands of participants after about 2 minutes of googling:

2 July 2016: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36692990

3 September 2016 https://www.theguardian.com/politics...emos-around-uk

25 March 2017: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...or-europe-live

7 Sep 2017 https://www.theguardian.com/politics...tration-london
    Than they still were too small to be effective and so will this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Than they still were too small to be effective and so will this one.
    Half a million turned up in London in 2003 and the Iraq War still happened. There isn't a "protest culture" in the UK like they have in France where thousands turn out in Paris and firebomb the place over a 2% tax increase on diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    You're not really making much of an argument that resonates with people that would vote for Brexit. Many would rather indeed burn everything down than continuing with the status quo. I'm against Brexit and reasonably pro-EU, but even I am displeased enough with many aspects of the current status quo that I'd rather see certain parts of society destroyed. It gets even more jolly when you can achieve that through voting... but I'm skeptical about that.
    I don't actually care if it resonates with people that voted for Brexit. I refuse to let the stupid rule the world. If they want to be taken seriously, they should bring better arguments. And if I catch someone burning anything down myself, I'll make sure he'll land in prison for that. The times of tolerance and hippie culture are over.

7+ Year Old Account
    Compare to this, which is Farage's "Brexit at any cost" lot (aka Dribbles and company):

One big difference though, the people in the Horse & Groom car park would be British.

It is very sweet to see all of you eurochums, waving your silly flags having bought your day trip on the channel tunnel over here, taking one last look at London before we leave.

I suppose you have to take advantage of the free travel before restrictions are brought in to meet up with the million or so EU refugees, your friends and family, who now call London their home.

Must be very novel for them to be able to demonstrate against something in a capital city without being tear gassed or shot at by the military as happens every weekend in some EU countries. Some places inspire civilized behaviour others less so I guess.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"