View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Amendment A is Letwin's cross party amendment which takes the order paper off the Government. D was Corbyn's, the other is Beckett's that instructs the Government to seek further extension if we run out of time.. again.
    Many thanks. Unrelated but as I'm poking round on the BBC I discovered that the guy who threw an egg at Corbyn has been given 28 days in jail for assault by beating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Many thanks. Unrelated but as I'm poking round on the BBC I discovered that the guy who threw an egg at Corbyn has been given 28 days in jail for assault by beating.
    I saw that, I swear it's either the most unintended pun ever or the Judge has a sense of humour.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Absolute state of the BBC, covering for a group of ministers naming themselves after the leaders of the fucking kkk
    Yes I did see this earlier and it did indeed raise an eyebrow. The other way to go with it is to assume that they are virgins on the internet but JRM, at last count had roughly a gazillion children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post

Absolute state of the BBC, covering for a group of ministers naming themselves after the leaders of the fucking kkk
    Probably avoiding themselves from being sued for defamation if they didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Letwin passes! 329-302 Wednesday just became brilliant fun.

At least that's a step in the right direction

Conservative MPs who voted against Letwin's amendment but who also voted against May's Deal and No Deal, need to think long and hard about the purpose of their pitiful little lives.

Letwin passes! 329-302 Wednesday just became brilliant fun.
    Spicy!

Hows that for taking back control Mrs May?

Now they just need to actually agree on what they do want.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Now they just need to actually agree on what they do want.
    But after 3 years, them finally having the option to do that is a welcome change

10+ Year Old Account
    Beckett moving amendment F, which is less crucial now after that huge win but still gives the UK a fallback position.

May should resign over this, Government has lost control of Parliament on her watch.

The government loses again, and now we can get some votes to see what Parliament wants to happen next. Protip for dribbles; it won't be no-deal.

In fact I kind of hope they have no-deal on there where people can vote without concern about any other aspect of this whole shitshow. I would be surprised if they even broke 3 figures in favour of that.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Vote breakdown for Letwin amendment by party:

10+ Year Old Account
    All that bootlicking to get the DUP onboard to lose because of your own party members.

- - - Updated - - -

Amendment F loses by 3, 311 to 314.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, the indicative votes are not binding in any way are they?
    Nope. But we might get an idea as to what Parliament might actually pass in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. But we might get an idea as to what Parliament might actually pass in the future.
    Also makes it easier to overthrow a government if you know you're in a majority consensus.

8 Labour MPs voted with the Government against Letwin through, utterly mindboggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, the indicative votes are not binding in any way are they?
    No, as the name suggests they are a means of testing or indicating what the House would be able to find a consensus on (i.e. actually pass).

Depending on how they do it, we might see the options effectively ranked in order of popularity. With no-deal bottom and May's deal slightly above it.

That's what they are desparate to avoid, I suspect. Something that shows that Norway+, second referendum and cancelling Article 50 all have significantly more support that the two options that May wants to make them choose between. Regardless of whether they ignore it or not, the optics on that after the march on Saturday and the ongoing petition will be terrible.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Also makes it easier to overthrow a government if you know you're in a majority consensus.

8 Labour MPs voted with the Government against Letwin through, utterly mindboggling.
    It's likely the same 8 that are insanely for brexit no matter the cost morons.

Ok, I was out of today's proceedings... as far as I gather, Parliament has decided to basically take control over the schedule of motions on Wednesday that would normally be controlled by the Government, right?

And now they're voting on... what, Parliament polling to find out what people want? Taking their sweet fucking time, aren't they?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Ok, I was out of today's proceedings... as far as I gather, Parliament has decided to basically take control over the schedule of motions on Wednesday that would normally be controlled by the Government, right?

And now they're voting on... what, Parliament polling to find out what people want? Taking their sweet fucking time, aren't they?
    They voted on adding the amendment, now they are voting on whether to pass the motion which includes the amendment that was passed. In theory it should be the same thing, but you never know with this lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    In theory it should be the same thing, but you never know with this lot.
    Exact same majority for the amendment as for the motion, so did actually end up being the same thing this time