View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    DUP considering Remain lol

Nigel Dodds tells me the UK should stay in the EU if that was only way to preserve NI’s place in UK. ‘I would stay in the European Union and remain rather than risk Northern Ireland’s position. That’s how strongly I feel about the union.’

https://twitter.com/nicholaswatt/sta...72627414872064

Anything for the Union!
    Bet they know the UUP with their agreement with SDLP would destroy them in certain areas if they don't start backing remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You can abstain but you have to show up so you have to physically make that choice there. It makes things far more representative it also makes it so people have to be allowed to vote rather by law, so companies or other external forces can't prevent it.
    What's that going to solve?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Before 2008 FPTP worked fine.
    FPTP has always been a god-awful, dated system.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Not saying otherwise but this was overlooked because it produced the results that the major parties liked. Post 2008 though it's no longer fit for purpose on any level.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Waiting for a video by "a different bias" to explain what is going on, LOL!

There you go

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    It worked when it was first put out in the 1600s you really can't have a PR system without the logistics. But yeah since mid 1950s it should have been thrown out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

There you go
    Her face in the thumnbail is priceless.

> When you want to be the next Margaret Thatcher but end up being the next Neville Chamberlain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Her face in the thumnbail is priceless.

> When you want to be the next Margaret Thatcher but end up being the next Neville Chamberlain.
    Chamberlain wasn't bad. UK was in no position for war in 38 and the treaty bought time to build up (Which is what he started as soon as he landed in UK) and was actually popular to the public.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Chamberlain wasn't bad. UK was in no position for war in 38 and the treaty bought time to build up (Which is what he started as soon as he landed in UK) and was actually popular to the public.
    I meant in terms of being reviled in popular history.

Then again, that also applies to Margaret Thatcher.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

who is the guy in the green throne and why he screams like a wrestler in the middle of the show?
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2019-03-29 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    who is the guy in the green throne and way he screams like a wrestler in the middle of the show?
    It's John Bercow. He's the Speaker of the House so it's his job to select who gets to ask questions, select what can be voted on and generally direct The House. I assume the bawdiness on his part is due to tradition but I find it hard to imagine Betty Boothroyd conducting things in quite the same manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    John Bercow has simply embraced his role as the presenter of the world's premier vaudeville circus.
    That's worth an xD. GJ

- - - Updated - - -

New game! Spot the person that's under 30.

10+ Year Old Account

Half these people just need to wait a decade or so and then they'll be out of the EU for good.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    50 points if you spot someone who isnt white

apparently its getting ugly now, pissed up football hooligans kicking off outside downing street, riot police gearing up
    Do farmer and lobster tan count?

Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    50 points if you spot someone who isnt white
    Although a lot of British Asians voted Leave because they would rather immigrant jobs went to their friends and families from their ancestral homes rather than eastern Europeans. It's surprising to see Tommy Robinson supporting Brexit when it basically means we'll have less European Christians and more Pakistani Muslims coming into the country.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Your math is ridiculous.

By taking the electorate as a total of 66 million you are counting babies as well in there? Senile old people? You have deemed that they would vote to remain? LOL nice non democracy you are in favour of...
    You keep talking about the 17 million. As I've already pointed out to you, 1 million of them are already dead. If you can count dead people, I can certainly count babies.

As for the senile old people, I'm pretty sure most of them were in the 17 million anyway. You can have them.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

The Queen has held a weekly Audience with her Prime Minister throughout her reign in order to discuss Government matters. The Audience is held in an Audience room in her appartments and is entirely private. Though The Queen remains politically neutral on all matters, she is able to 'advise and warn' her ministers - including her Prime Minister - when necessary.

To be a fly on the wall and hear what they discuss...

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The Queen has held a weekly Audience with her Prime Minister throughout her reign in order to discuss Government matters. The Audience is held in an Audience room in her appartments and is entirely private. Though The Queen remains politically neutral on all matters, she is able to 'advise and warn' her ministers - including her Prime Minister - when necessary.

To be a fly on the wall and hear what they discuss...
    I'm not a monarchist but I do honestly believe QE2 is the one of the world's greatest political resources. I don't think there is many, if any infact, people with more experience of politics than her.

That's worth an xD. GJ

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying to spot the non white person.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been twenty minutes, I don't feel any different.