View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Hmm, yes. I think we established that about 5 minutes after the poll. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to edit polls much like I can't edit the title. You should see my posts, before I re-edit them sometimes.
    Naa, that was the last straw, I'm writing you off as a EUbot shitposter from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Actually I just saw a video about that that said the native English were wiped out (that wasn't the whole of England though) which was confirmed by genetic tests.

I think it was this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1tldPrQ_AY

Not going to watch it again to confirm though.

Enough of this back on topic.
    I watched through it and whilst the video does say the same as you I think they're using out of date information. The majority of English DNA comes from pre-Roman settlers. Anglo-Saxons had the biggest effect of any subsequent invaders but even in the areas where they were most dominant they only account for 40% of a person's genome. Researchers believe that showed more signs of settling and mixing with the locals than eliminating and replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Naa, that was the last straw, I'm writing you off as a EUbot shitposter from now on.
    Hey, who're you calling a EUbot!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That's a slightly bigger effect than I last read about, but this is something that is often adjusted as they refine their methods. However getting back to the point @Maklor originally made;

“[Our results] suggest that at least 20% of the genetic makeup in this area is from Anglo-Saxon migrants, and that there was mixing,” said Robinson. “It is not genocide or complete disappearance of Britons.”
    But the Britons were Celtic, they weren't indigenous to the British Isles either. They replaced earlier peoples, who I doubt these kinds of genetic tests can identify. Because they're doing this analysis by comparing modern populations, and the original inhabitants of Britain don't have a modern genetic analogue that we know of. In fact I don't know if we really know who those people were at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    In fact I don't know if we really know who those people were at all.
    Druids mate. Pissed off to Atlantis after leaving a brand new Stonehenge to remember them by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by toastmasta View Post

Another thing: hatred towards the British is a form of racism. Perhaps not as ugly as hatred towards ethnic minorites because we are not a protected class, but the amount of racist filth directed towards the British at the moment is way out of line-it wouldn't be acceptable directed towards any other race and it isn't here. If you hate this country so much, fine, go to your partner's country and good luck to you, but you'll find identical levels of populism and racism everywhere, only this time it will be directed at you personally.
    This is a hilarous read! Brits whining abort racism! Golden!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is "hilarious" and "about" not "abort" which has a very different meaning.

Google translate exists. It isn't perfect but it is much better than your attempts at English which cannot be understood.
    because you never ever made typos on any online forum posts , emails or tweets you ever sent.
    You are right, it's "hilarious" and "about", but come on man, arguing grammar is like, the last line of defense, when you don't have any good arguments left.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    because you never ever made typos on any online forum posts , emails or tweets you ever sent.
    You are right, it's "hilarious" and "about", but come on man, arguing grammar is like, the last line of defense, when you don't have any good arguments left.
    What kind of argument do you expect in response to message like this?

"Sir, your derision of British plight does not diminish hatred and racism British people have to face here, as shown by those examples, with many more available"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    You're right I despise Brexiteers and you'll find they are the misinformed ones yet again blaming immigration and yeah I don't like being British if given the opportunity I would relinquish the embarrassment that comes with being one, Little Britain can be little britain if it wants to be, just leave me out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

The British deserve everything they get all they are is just a bunch of Isolationists well the Brexiteer ones anyway the others are fine.
    It's hard to remind yourself that you need to be able to talk to them once all of this is over. And this is me having some distance. I can't imagine how it will be in England itself, where you meet these people. Although, I read somewhere that Brexiteers rarely out themselves publically.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    They generally don’t but you get some of the olders being absolutely proud of what they’re doing stopping yourself from wiping their smug grins is hard daily ongoing task.

I’m generally not a violent person but Brexiteers spouting pride makes my blood boil.

Anyway by 3rd May I’ll no longer be in England 2 weeks left of my notice to go after this week then 10 days to settle everything up and leave I cannot wait to put this behind me.
    Heck, some people would like to move there for the fjords alone. But you've got an actual reason! Interestingly, it looks like you'll be enjoying two weeks of British "independence" before leaving then. Let us know how that goes.

They come across like everyone else until you start talking politics. They aren't monsters or anything-the ones I know are actually better people than most remainers in most other ways.
    I wouldn't know, the main contacts I have are business contacts. Naturally, they are a bit more pro-EU, since they actually know what the EU does for them, ie. doing trade with us. Granted, some on here may think that's not a desireable thing, but funnily our business partners don't agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if after leaving (if we even leave) there will be a campaign to rejoin and it'll be successful. Except we'll not get the same deal we had previously and join the Euro.

And I doubt people like Farage/JRM etc would even care. They'll make their money when we crash out and that'll be that, they'll skulk off into the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if after leaving (if we even leave) there will be a campaign to rejoin and it'll be successful. Except we'll not get the same deal we had previously and join the Euro.

And I doubt people like Farage/JRM etc would even care. They'll make their money when we crash out and that'll be that, they'll skulk off into the shadows.
    Why skulk off when you have an opportunity to make more money while rejoining? See, these criminals don't care which way stuff goes, but whenever you have a monumental shift in the economy, there is opportunity to make money. Their only goal is to shake things up and destabilise stuff, preferably in a way that they can predict.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    1st of april tomorrow, what jokes will our beloved House of Commons come up with ?

They ought to just vote something binding through and then have everybody sit and wonder if this was an April-fools joke gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    1st of april tomorrow, what jokes will our beloved House of Commons come up with ?
    A 4th vote with the option to remain and May going "psyche!" before having the vote on her deal... again.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    A 4th vote with the option to remain and May going "psyche!" before having the vote on her deal... again.
    hmmm, Bercow will not allow a 4th vote anyway unless the motion is different. but if commons is so divided, a PV may gain support as failsafe.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    hmmm, Bercow will not allow a 4th vote anyway unless the motion is different. but if commons is so divided, a PV may gain support as failsafe.
    4th, 5th, 6th It's not going to help. The UK is going to hard brexit in all the chaos on 12 april, and if they're really lucky they can gather enough mp's to cancel brexit all together.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermented View Post
    4th, 5th, 6th It's not going to help. The UK is going to hard brexit in all the chaos on 12 april, and if they're really lucky they can gather enough mp's to cancel brexit all together.
    the brexit process should gain momentun, in whatever direction it may be. as long as HoC strikes off certain options it forces itself also to think about those options left.
    some fog should disappear with fewer options in those indicative votes tomorrow; hopefully Bercow weeds out the really silly ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    He shouldn't have allowed the third vote tbh.
    No choice really. Not enough authority to defy a Govt backed deal if they play by the rules and they did. He might be able to stop the 4th if there is nothing the Govt can change enough to meet Bercow's ruling.