View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    The funny thing is, even May's deal wouldn't solve anything.

It just delays all the painful and impossible decisions, so when the end of 2020 approaches all this shit could restart again.

Meanwhile the UK would be out of the EU, have no say in any of its decisions, but still pay, still be (partially) subject to its jurisdiction, etc.

What a bad joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    he's certainly simple
    oh thats a sweet burn. really thought of that one didn't you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    People blaming the EU while the UK was unable to form a consensus on anything and after granting olive branch after olive branch while their PM and brexit ministers often showed up empty handed to the negotiation table.

The EU has spoiled the UK for too long so I at that people are right they should have treated the UK more evenly like the other members and this might not have never happened.
    I mean, its so easy when you only take your outlook into account.
    Eu Good, Brexit Bad, Orange Man Bad!
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It's not hard to make fun of a man who gets tired halfway through reading a 1000 word article and decides to guess what the rest says instead of reading it

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Why's it my fault that the UK government has acted in the way it has? I didn't vote for a fucking tory. I can throw the same back at you and blame all the ills of the European Union on you but I won't because that's ridiculous. You don't seem to realise that forcing the UK into a no deal brexit (by denying an extension which is the suggestion I was replying to) means the EU is also at fault.
    Nobody blamed you, did they? All they're saying is they're sick of the UK Government stalling what seems to be inevitable. And inevitably bad for us. If the UK wants to damage itself and us in the process, they should not dilly dally around and do it, so we can take the hit and know what's what.

We do sympathize with every Briton who feels betrayed and cheated by their own Government, but ultimately, we cannot help you, can we? You're not our responsibility and beyond a few empty words on an internet forum, there is not much we can do for you.

And the EU isn't "forcing" the UK into a no deal Brexit. The no deal Brexit is what the UK asked for. Read A50. All treaties cease to apply. If all you wanted was more exceptions, you should have asked for them. But surely you cannot blame the EU for the UK triggering A50. That's like me punching you in the face and then blaming you for my hand hurting afterwards. It's all backwards.

The extensions that you get are not your right. You are not entitled to them. The one that you are already enjoying is due to the EU handing you an olive branch, being nice. Doing all the EU can to help you. But at some point the EU is really responsible to look out for the interests of its member states. Not yours. You are, by definition, not part of the EU for the sake of the withdrawal process. Don't look to the EU to fix your problems for you any longer. You need to stop this. The only party you can address regarding this is the UK Government and UK Parliament.

- - - Updated - - -

The UK wanted to get rid of EU influence. What you just posted? That's the UK without the EU's influence. I'm really, really not sure what your point is. This is what the Brexiteers wanted. The EU is just obliging the democratic wish of the UK electorate. As stupid as it may be.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish people would stop referring to the UK as if we voted almost unanimously to leave, and not as it were merely 52:48.

It's a country where your chances of finding a leaver instead of a remainer are almost as likely as being able to accurately call the result of a coin flip.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I already went into depts why a hard brexit might be good long term for the political systems of both the EU and the UK. And how ecomically it is bad.

So try harder when you attempt to put words in my mouth. Or at least bother to reply to what I wrote. Nowhere did I oversimplify it.

But hey I bet your salty about something else but honestly I don't care for you to explain what you actually meant if that's your initial reply.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I wish people would stop referring to the UK as if we voted almost unanimously to leave, and not as it were merely 52:48.

It's a country where your chances of finding a leaver instead of a remainer are almost as likely as being able to accurately call the result of a coin flip.
    We know you didn't vote unanimously to leave, but other countries can't really engage with the average citizen in these discussions. It is the UK government that represents the country, makes the decisions for the country, and ultimately are the people that other countries have to deal with. And the UK government has decided to leave. If your government is doing a shitty job of representing the people, that is REALLY unfortunate and is a huge problem... but there's very little that any of us can do about it unless we want to impose sanctions or the like to externally impose our will upon you. And that would be an absolute disaster in every possible way, it would legitimately be an unwarranted attack upon your sovereignty.

Yes, we know that. Is you being against Brexit going to make it any better for my business dealing with British companies? Could you write us an excuse that we do not have customs delays because you're against Brexit? That would be awesome.

In all seriousness, we are talking about countries here. Don't expect us to get you a legally watertight differentiated comment on every subset of people in the country. That would blow every post way out of proportion.

As for the underlying sentiment that you don't like people talking about the UK in manner you don't like... think back to every single football match between Germany and England. Remember how your media talks about those football matches. Feels shit, doesn't it. Now, you have a lifetime of this, then we'll talk about how it's unfair to lump you together.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account

The UK is being referred to as a collective entity in leaving because the ones that wants to remain are not in control of the British government, and thus the entire country is going to leave, unwilling remainers included.

That there were a sizeable chunk of the electorate that did not vote for this doesn't matter much to the rest of us when that chunk is not dictating government policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    Theresa needs to put her deal or no deal to a vote in parliament and that's the end of it. Stop all this fucking around. Brexit won, the house voted to trigger article 50 and the government have done what they can to get the best deal. You either take the deal or live with the consequences.
    What are the consequences, cancelled Brexit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    What are the consequences, cancelled Brexit?
    Oh no whatever shall we do against an army of uneducated white retirees. /s

Quite a few of whom have literally died since the referendum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Quite a few of whom have literally died since the referendum.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    It's not sanctions that are costing Putin votes, it's inane laws passed by Duma and rising of pension age right after election without immediate need to do so.
    You need economic growth to keep paying for the pensions, and for growth you need investments which there are none b/c of Russia's stupid strategy to try to take on The West. Russia will pay an even bigger price in the end.

“We are moving slowly towards a demographic pitfall, we have almost zero non-state investment ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Vermented View Post
    You need economic growth to keep paying for the pensions, and for growth you need investments which there are none b/c of Russia's stupid strategy to try to take on The West.
    We don't need investments for growth because we can do investments ourselves. And we do.

Really, that's the major part you seem to be getting wrong with sanctions. We don't need your money - we have plenty of them, our trade balance is positive for many years, our reserves are growing and can cover our entire debt - we needed technology and expertise that came with them.

But if we can't get them then, fine, we can get this expertise on our own. We would prefer to just pay for it, but we can work ourselves too.

Russia will pay an even bigger price in the end.
    And so will EU.

Because they concentrated most money on state level. That's where many Russian giant companies are.

You see that despite that - it's right there in the title - GDP is growing. Yes, this particular bump is "one-off" mega-project - but there are several more mega-projects in the works...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Actually the EU is entirely blameless here, it's your fucking useless pathetic Government made up of out of touch old people who can't seem to agree on ANYTHING because if you didn't realize England was meant to have left the EU on the 29th March 2019 it's now the 2nd of April 2019 and we are still in the EU for another 10 day's at least whilst the pathetic joke of a UK Gov still cannot decide on what they want.

Also I should expect to be treated like a criminal when I go to the airport next month that's gonna be fucking great.
    Oh yeah, enjoy the long queue, btw. Sorry.

Ugh, Once I'm out though I can't wait I mean I just watch a Video about Brexiteers and the journalist asked one guy to talk and he was like "I want to save Democracy and how can UKIP be a racist party, Yes I'm a member of this party but muslims are a problem" I laughed so fucking hard, Then it panned to another woman "errr errr Soverienty" bwahahaha im still laughing on the inside these old idiots were allowed to vote.
    Just saw a tweet basically doing "16 yr old aren't allowed to vote because they lack the mental capacity to make these decisions, while margaret, 71, just put her shoes in the oven and her food into the cupboard." That was funny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You make it sound like the party that millions and millions and millions voted for in Germany are fringe extremists.

And yet they are not. They are pretty much the mainstream official opposition.
    They have 91 seats in parliament.

91 seats

Out of 709 seats, they have 91, so about 13%. You think 13% is the mainstream official opposition? They have about 24 seats more than the green party.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Just saw a tweet basically doing "16 yr old aren't allowed to vote because they lack the mental capacity to make these decisions, while margaret, 71, just put her shoes in the oven and her food into the cupboard." That was funny.
    Saw that tweet this morning but it also included (Margaret,) "Tory and Brexit voter".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Oh that's interesting. All I ever hear here is the wonders of PR and yet it allows huge representation (94 MP'S) of extremists, that sounds a really really bad way to do things, do you agree?

Glad we have cleared up that FPTP is the superior from of democracy.
    You just quoted those extremists and agreed with them. wtf?!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

LOL yeah I saw that, this morning has had some seriously entertaining moments for myself I'm getting a good kick out of how stupid these people are proving to be. also watch the vid above ^^ its funny as.
    Hey, at least politics in Norway have been pretty boringly moving towards improvement in general. I don’t know a lick of politics in my own home country, due to nothing exciting happening!

As I told the gf when she moved to Norway, we are generally good and reasonable people, but holy shit are we slow to move in any direction change-wise.