View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You will see in a few weeks at the EU elections....I can picture it now can you? The grinning smile of a man with a pint and a fag in his hand after the results across all the media and on every front page.
    Traditionally turnout for EP elections has always been low and they tend to attract voters at the more extreme ends of the spectrum, hence UKIP's relative success in the EP compared to their abject failure in UK elections. I think it's it possible that there will be more interest the elections this time around but it is likely that they will not offer many answers as to how voters will vote in a GE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well now it's on the Brits to show the EU how much they really want to stay in come next election. Considering how many here claim it is a large group.

I am prepared for another excuse in the same light of well the Brits really don't protest as a people but now more well the Brits don't really vote as a people.

Rather ironic that of the brexiteers are now asking for votes to boycott the EU while at the same time claiming it's undemocratic, really not the brightest bunch those leavers.

15+ Year Old Account
    "the EU is undemocratic!"

Why? What are they asking of you now?

"They're asking us to vote!"

¿qué?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    "the EU is undemocratic!"

Why? What are they asking of you now?

"They're asking us to vote!"

¿qué?
    How about "they are asking us to vote at the step that has least influence on final outcome"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Hey @dribbles, is your clock broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    How about "they are asking us to vote at the step that has least influence on final outcome"?
    Not like new EU laws have to pass through the parliament or anything. nope, not at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I like it that that's the way you think but it a false assumption that the brexit party will steal primarily Tory votes. You may not like the figures, but more than 60% of Labour constituencies voted for Brexit. The Labour opposition in conjunction with the Conservatives have collectively failed their electorate.

Why not your good self be a part of the future? Instead of hankering after the past, get with the programme and join the only party who will unify the splits in the Labour party and those of the Tories.

See you at the rally, watch the future unfurl before your eyes, you know it makes sense!
    Left-wing labour voters are not gonna switch to a hard right party lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Left-wing labour voters are not gonna switch to a hard right party lol
    Eh, class consciousness is not what it used to be. Not many expected the industrial proletariat to vote for Trump, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Eh, class consciousness is not what it used to be. Not many expected the industrial proletariat to vote for Trump, either.
    Most of the people working in those industries do not vote at all, but that is more of an US problem with voter turn-out.

To those talking about younger voters, especially those who couldn't vote first time round, getting their say now in a second referendum, do we have any reason to assume that they actually would vote in numbers comparable to the over 60s??
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    To those talking about younger voters, especially those who couldn't vote first time round, getting their say now in a second referendum, do we have any reason to assume that they actually would vote in numbers comparable to the over 60s??
    Not a chance
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    Who is better? The Tory party has a roster of senior MPs that ranges from powerfully incompetent to frustratingly idiotic, Labour has no real option outside Corbyn himself, the LibDems are a nothingness.

That leaves us the corporate fantasists in the Independent Group, the frothing racists now running UKIP, the bullshit merchant extraordinaire Farage?

What a fucking shit show.
    Who would have guessed governing via monty python sketch is a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Not a chance
    I'm not so sure. The effects of apathy played out in 2016, the lessons learned were clearly shown in the 2018 midterms, I can't see why this would be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I'm not so sure. The effects of apathy played out in 2016, the lessons learned were clearly shown in the 2018 midterms, I can't see why this would be any different.
    I was thinking it was more that there are a LOT more over 60s than there are 16-18 year olds, or rather people who were under 18 last referrendum who are now 18. I could be wrong of course, but it would take a lot of older people deciding not to vote before that bracket of 2ish years is bigger than the entirety of the over 60s population.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'd be between 18 and 21.

There's enough of them to flip the result. Even if it's just 50.1 to 49.9

15+ Year Old Account
    Well as you're from a country that is run by one person for 20 years I'm not surprised that you think having a parliament is undemocratic.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    They didn't turn out in significantly greater numbers in the 2017 GE.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42747342

Heard the speech by May in the HoC briefly. The extension was a mistake. I said it before, I'll say it again: The UK should leave tomorrow. On the UK side, there is no realisation of what's going on. They continue to believe they can somehow alter the conditions, adjust the withdrawal agreement, negotiate among themselves. I wonder what they're negotiating about? There is nothing left to negotiate. They either accept the deal, or they don't.

It is beyond me how blind they are. I'm using blind because words cannot describe the utter disgust at the level of actual, clinical stupidity going on in that house. They are modern age Schildbürger.

For the British, Schildbürger are a mythical citizen of a town called Schildau, known for various things like, e.g., building a town hall without windows. And then trying to carry light into the town hall with buckets. Yes, that's the level of stupidity in the House of Commons.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So, how 'bout that extension?

"tick tock" indeed
    6 more months of this shitshow. I was absolutely prepared to leave this shit behind and enjoy the carnage. I feel almost as if they delayed GoT for 6 months. Bah!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Well as you're from a country that is run by one person for 20 years I'm not surprised that you think having a parliament is undemocratic.
    Merkel had longer consecutive term though, and was head of CDU for about same time as Putin.

Clearly that means no democracy in Germany. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    They didn't turn out in significantly greater numbers in the 2017 GE.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42747342
    Unsurprising, both of the main parties were fucking woeful in the campaign.

15+ Year Old Account
    Merkel had longer consecutive term though, and was head of CDU for about same time as Putin.

Clearly that means no democracy in Germany. /s
    I don't know if you think making fun of your own argument somehow gives it more credibility, but you do you.