View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Why? Calling out the racist turd is not a crime.
    I’d assume Pann means ‘taken down’ illegally. E.g., by a Russian-originated DDoS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

Why would it? There is no trademark or anything else that they could infringe. And... let's face it, "the Brexit Party" is so fucking generic, you'll never be able to trademark that. I mean, those idiots are just too fucking stupid... They could have called it asshat party and at least would be able to trademark that.
    A reminder that conservatives as a rule of thumb are not very bright no matter what country they are in.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    A reminder that conservatives as a rule of thumb are not very bright no matter what country they are in.
    The one that governs your state went to Yale and Harvard law school and served his country in the navy, what do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Oh c'mon, there has to be some benefit to the last three years. Besides if Theresa could tack on we'll leave a few dozen bigots in Brussels to the withdrawal bill I reckon she'd get it through...
    Hey we could instead show Europe we're actually not as bad as our negotiating has shown and instead find an uninhabited island linked to one of our overseas territories. Maybe Pitcairn or South Georgia islands. Give them 28k modems too so at least we can allow them some Internet even if it is painfully slow.

I mean win for us in mainland UK as they're not here. Win for Europe since they don't have to deal with them and also win for them as they're far away from Europe they despise so much. Hell they might even vote dribbles as island leader.
    Last edited by Kallisto; 2019-04-13 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I’d assume Pann means ‘taken down’ illegally. E.g., by a Russian-originated DDoS.
    No, I mean that there are intellectual property rights issues in terms of reusing their logos and the domain name. I would expect the website to continue but it will have to change its domain name to differentiate it from the political party and I would not be surprised if they have to stop reusing their logos.

To be honest it highlights the amateur nature of Farage and his followers that they did not claim the domain name in the first place or register their claim on the name once they found out it had already been registered prior to launching their site.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No, I mean that there are intellectual property rights issues in terms of reusing their logos and the domain name. I would expect the website to continue but it will have to change its domain name to differentiate it from the political party and I would not be surprised if they have to stop reusing their logos.

To be honest it highlights the amateur nature of Farage and his followers that they did not claim the domain name in the first place or register their claim on the name once they found out it had already been registered prior to launching their site.
    Intellectual property rights? To what, the name "The Brexit Party"?

The logo icon with the arrow and the combination of font in it is pretty much the only thing that I would even remotely consider distinguishable enough to have a copyright (apart from text, which isn't in contention here). Leaving aside that LedByDonkeys clearly gets artistic license because it's obviously a satirical approach, if they know what they're doing, they'll just ride it out until the first cease and desist letter arrives, at which point they can still change it.

Until then... this is mega publicity.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    look who is amongst my candidates for the UK euroelections
    Erm... who?

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Dribs is a peasant. The best part of it is that the EU is skullfucking his anarchist's wet dream of a Brexit all the time and the best he gets out of it is being the vassal peasant he was always destined to be. Typical Brexiteer loser...

Yes, @Thwart, I'll take that other infraction now. Clearly you have some left over from not infracting Dribs for trolling like... ever. Good job, btw!
    Yikes, at least leave some part of him whole so we can identify the body later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Erm... who?
    A 'minor' youtuber who slowly but surely went from 'centre' to antiSJW, alt-right moron. He used to be somewhat nuanced but yeah...(he's not really a small channel but you know, understating things)

So, essentially you want Hitler to get into a position where he really could inflict damage so everyone can see him for what he is?

Dangerous strategy. Last time we tried that, it really didn't work out all that well.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Economic downturn pushes people to the extremes. Not random figureheads, all those clowns do is channel their feelings.

Mostly because they promise to solve their financial woes by demanding effort from everyone but their target demographic. If you are on the left, it is the wealthy middle class and business owners, if you are on the right its the leeching migrants.

Both groups are really successful at it cause beyond listening to their anger and frustrations and even feeding more causes into it that suit that, regardless of how real it is or not. They offer aid, aid in the form of day to day necessities.

Christian democrats are in my opinion at least in Europe the biggest culprit why the extremes are now becoming as large as they are, they constantly struggled with their identity and constantly swapped from centre-left to centre-right when it suited them electorally. And they flip flopped so often that they lost credibility with a large group of the population and i doubt they attract any young voters at this point.

Bit off topic but considering Hitler was being brought into this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Todays latest Yougov EU parliament voting intention polling

Lab - 24%
    Con - 16%
    Brexit Party- 15%
    UKIP - 14%
    Lib Dem - 8%
    Green - 8%
    Change UK - 7%
    SNP/Plaid - 6%
    Other - 1%

So in favour of Brexit 69%
    and in favour of Remain 31%

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1116981750083801088

It's looking like a landslide for brexit eurochums. For me choices, choices. Farages guy or Sargon of Akkad MEP for the funsies.

Hmmmm help me out here guys, it's a tricky one.

(and please don't try and tell me lies that the great leader of the Labour party has finally seen the light and that him and they are for remain.)
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Oh, I don't think they are for remain (well many of the MPs are) but they are also not batshit lunatics that intend to make a mess of the EP, so they are quite welcome. All in all that little melody about all Labour and Cons voters must be for Brexit because the parties don't want to revoke Art 50 is getting rather threadbare - any chance you could cook up a new fantasy over the holidays just to keep the amusement level above wet paint drying?

Lab - 24%
    Con - 16%
    Brexit Party- 15%
    UKIP - 14%
    Lib Dem - 8%
    Green - 8%
    Change UK - 7%
    SNP/Plaid - 6%
    Other - 1%

It's looking like a landslide for brexit eurochums. For me choices, choices. Farages guy or Sargon of Akkad MEP for the funsies.

(and please don't try and tell me lies that the great leader of the Labour party has finally seen the light and that him and they are for remain.)
    Hmm. So lets think now. Everyone who is for Brexit....who are they going to vote for? For Labour, who are trying to water it down to the point where it isn't a proper Brexit (according to you)? For the Tories, that everyone that wants Brexit is accusing of selling out Brexit for the last three years?

Nope. Everyone who still believes that Brexit absolutely has to happen is going to vote UKIP, or the new Brexit party. Which means you are barely hitting 30%. That looks to me like a very healthy lead for Remain. And the vote is nicely split between the two bat-shit crazy alternatives, so thanks for that.

You've lost dribbles. The longer you keep hanging on to the fantasy that this is going to work out well for your hate the foreigners, fascist wet dream crazy vision of the future, the worse it is going to be when reality crashes home. Trust me, let it go now and you will feel so much better in the long run.

And just to make this clear; in 2014 UKIP got 27% of the vote on their own. While Independence from Europe and the BNP got about 2.5% between them. Which suggests that you are polling at about the same level as you were back then. Which means that it won't be any worse for the EU than it is at the moment. About 30% useless morons that probably won't turn up for any votes. They've survived that for the past 5 years, I'm confident they will survive it for the next 5.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Lab - 24%
    Con - 16%
    Brexit Party- 15%
    UKIP - 14%
    Lib Dem - 8%
    Green - 8%
    Change UK - 7%
    SNP/Plaid - 6%
    Other - 1%

Given that the extremist brexitchums like Farage's lot and Sargon are only standing for Brexit Party and UKIP, that means they are in quite a significant minority.

You are aware the EU elections aren't a "brexit referendum", aren't you?

Lab - 24%
    Con - 16%
    Brexit Party- 15%
    UKIP - 14%
    Lib Dem - 8%
    Green - 8%
    Change UK - 7%
    SNP/Plaid - 6%
    Other - 1%

You read numbers like the devil reads the bible.

Lab - 24%
    Con - 16%
    Brexit Party- 15%
    UKIP - 14%
    Lib Dem - 8%
    Green - 8%
    Change UK - 7%
    SNP/Plaid - 6%
    Other - 1%
    I'm not sure. Basically, it's not that much different from the result of the 2014 EP election. Other than that the Tories have lost more of the popular vote. But, note: their loss is also benefitting non Brexit parties as it is BP / UKIP.

If the election is meant (as Farage and others are claiming) to be a proxy 2nd referendum / the chance to reject utterly the EU, then 29% combined for the BP / UKIP really isn't looking that promising.

It'll be interesting to see what the turnout is. Already established that younger Remain voters need to reject apathy and counter the grey Leave vote.

From a different perspective, the interesting thing will be: how many BP / UKIP will come back to the Tories in a GE vote to stop Labour from winning. 'Coz, atm Corbyn's gonna be in no. 10.

Nice to see so many options on the ballot paper, though.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I'm not sure. Basically, it's not that much different from the result of the 2014 EP election. Other than that the Tories have lost more of the popular vote. But, note: their loss is also benefitting non Brexit parties as it is BP / UKIP.
    Biggest difference from the 2014 election is that the idiot/racist vote is split between two parties, instead of consolidated under one choice = both parties will end up with less seats overall vs what they would have if combined.

Sadly the same logic also works against the remain parties - if Lib Dems, Greens, Change and SNP combined into an anti Brexit coalition, they would have the highest overall % and the largest overall number of seats, vs the much smaller total number of seats they will receive as individual parties.

Probably also useful to remember that MEPs are not always reflective of their party leadership - vast majority of Labour MEPs are very decent people (shout-out to Seb Dance), and the Conservatives also have quite a few good ones (like Richard Ashworth).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Hmm. So lets think now. Everyone who is for Brexit....who are they going to vote for? For Labour, who are trying to water it down to the point where it isn't a proper Brexit (according to you)? For the Tories, that everyone that wants Brexit is accusing of selling out Brexit for the last three years?

Nope. Everyone who still believes that Brexit absolutely has to happen is going to vote UKIP, or the new Brexit party. Which means you are barely hitting 30%. That looks to me like a very healthy lead for Remain. And the vote is nicely split between the two bat-shit crazy alternatives, so thanks for that.

You've lost dribbles. The longer you keep hanging on to the fantasy that this is going to work out well for your hate the foreigners, fascist wet dream crazy vision of the future, the worse it is going to be when reality crashes home. Trust me, let it go now and you will feel so much better in the long run.

And just to make this clear; in 2014 UKIP got 27% of the vote on their own. While Independence from Europe and the BNP got about 2.5% between them. Which suggests that you are polling at about the same level as you were back then. Which means that it won't be any worse for the EU than it is at the moment. About 30% useless morons that probably won't turn up for any votes. They've survived that for the past 5 years, I'm confident they will survive it for the next 5.
    You are beginning to sound a little bit demented now, I hope you are not going to go off on one and start ranting like Slanty boy does. Everyone appears to be looking at the Brexit vote, flip it and look at remain. Who out of the parties will remainers vote for? Only the Lib Dems definitively stand for remain and less than 1 in 10 will vote for them. If to remain in the EU was such a popular idea, you would think the Lib Dems would be flying up the table. It's not though is it? Almost no one wants to stay in the EU. At what point are you going to accept you've lost and in the minority?

Instead, if UKIP and the Brexit party were to combine they would top that table. And the Brexit party haven't even been formed for more than a few hours.

Got to love and accept democracy in action.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Hmm. So lets think now.
    Your confidence makes me incredibly uncomfortable. I really hope you're right
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.