View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #18061
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Are you really so desperate that you're now just repeating Trump rhetoric?
    I thought you were talking about the spice girls song for a minute there...

  2. #18062
    Quote Originally Posted by kantlant View Post
    I thought you were talking about the spice girls song for a minute there...
    I would love to see Trump do Spice Girls karaoke.
    Often updated... ?

  3. #18063
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Nope at your 25% of the country nonsense, you don't vote you don't count.
    .
    Why are you against a democracy? Kind of looks like you actually prefer a dictatorship instead. A healthy democracy doesn't mean you should ignore people, that is what a dictatorship is called.

    How about we change the rules to if you above 65 your voice doesn't count because you will be dead within 5 to 10 years. Does that sound like a healthy decision to you?

  4. #18064
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    If middle England ever voted commie Corbyn into power i'll eat my left testicle.
    I agree with you that it seems ridiculous that middle england would vote for a truly left-wing candidate. Even a decade ago you would have been laughed at for saying that.

    That said, it may actually happen the way income equality is going. It seems that many middle-class people now identify with people like Corbyn where traditionally most voted for tories or liberals.

  5. #18065
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That's strange, Hull has a population of 284,000 and only 76,000 people voted Leave, that works out somewhere lower than 25%, where are you getting your figures from?

    Also, how is it possible that a Leave voting city would elect a Remain supporting MP, is it possible they changed their mind betweem the referendum and the General Election?
    A leave city votes for a remain MP when said disingenuous prospective MP stands on a Labour manifesto ticket to respect the decision of the referendum and then once elected does the exact opposite.

  6. #18066
    Quote Originally Posted by Up The Gary View Post
    Oh you mean all the scare mongering with "horror stories" that never happened or are still yet to happen?

    What has happened is the betrayal of 17 million+ people and growing... that's pretty fked up, I didn't vote either because I've never trusted UK government.
    Those horror stories are happening as you make your coward burner accounts, because you're not man enough to live with the consequences of your actions. But rest assured, reality will fuck you, even if you ignore it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  7. #18067
    Quote Originally Posted by Up The Gary View Post
    Oh you mean all the scare mongering with "horror stories" that never happened or are still yet to happen?

    What has happened is the betrayal of 17 million+ people and growing... that's pretty fked up, I didn't vote either because I've never trusted UK government.

    Here's some questions for you to think about:

    What 17 million? How many of those voted to leave without a deal, when the Leave campaign stated that the UK would only leave AFTER negotiating a deal. Do you remember when the Leave campaign said they wouldn't even hand in notice to leave until they had a deal? What about the ones that believed Liam Fox, IDS and David Davies when they said they would have a deal signed and sealed before Leaving Day?

    Why do you think there is an ever-growing list of multi-national corporations that have either left, or are leaving the UK?

    Why do you think all those manufacturers coincidentally decided to announce they were moving operations overseas after it became clear that a deal will never be struck and the UK will be in permanent limbo between leaving and staying?

    Why does British Steel need a 100M pound emergency loan from the government to cover the cost of buying emissions credits?

    Why have prominent (mostly Brexiteer) MPs been moving their money out of the UK to the EU?

    British scientists have been effectively excluded from bidding for EU grants for the last year and a half, as they would be due to start in 2020/21.

    The lies and financial rule breaking by the Leave campaign have been confirmed in court and they admitted guilt to it.

    The UK has a parliament that doesn't know what it wants (it just doesn't want a no-deal brexit and is prepared to legislate against the government to force its hand). It has a government that has no control over its party members, and cabinet members that contradict the PM in public and vote against the orders of a 3 line whip.

    Nobody is investing in the UK because nobody wants to invest in an unknown quantity. Tell me how much it will cost to import 12000 tonnes of aluminium to the UK in 2022 to build aircraft fuselages or car engines. What are the rules about work visas going to be in 2 years time?

    What will happen to the City of London when companies like Lloyds lose their license to trade in the EU, when EU members entice the firms with access to the EU? Where will the government's budget come from?

    Not to mention the fact that UK citizens lose their right to work and live elsewhere in Europe..

    So where are the upsides to brexit? I'm sure you have some that aren't "MOAR SOVRENTY" and "BLUE PASSPORTS". What is the one thing that will improve in your life if "no deal" happens?

    In case you were wondering about that 39 billion the UK would "save" in a no-deal? It would cover about a week of government expenditure at current rates. That's all. The fictitious "350 Million per week to the NHS" that Boris put on the side of a bus and posed with for photo ops would be a budget increase of about 10% (or a reversal of the last few years of Tory austerity cuts). The real number is approximately 150 million per week. So if all that money went to the NHS, it would just about cancel out the last Tory NHS budget cut (it won't).

    I can think of one benefit though. When I travel to the UK, I can buy alcohol in duty free at the real duty free prices (i.e. no VAT). And when the pound breaks parity with the Euro it'll be even cheaper. It might even be cheaper to fly to the UK just to go alcohol shopping in Stansted with a 20 euro return flight than to buy the stuff here.

  8. #18068
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    It might even be cheaper to fly to the UK just to go alcohol shopping in Stansted with a 20 euro return flight than to buy the stuff here.
    Sorry... OT... literally, you must live in Ireland? It's only Ireland where alcohol is taxed more heavily than the UK?

    As soon as humanly possible, I will be moving to Spain.

    Up The Gary's forum name is decidedly apt.

  9. #18069
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Sorry... OT... literally, you must live in Ireland? It's only Ireland where alcohol is taxed more heavily than the UK?

    As soon as humanly possible, I will be moving to Spain.

    Up The Gary's forum name is decidedly apt.
    I think the point he was making was regardless of tax, the pound will tank so hard, it'll be cheaper than virtually anywhere else in Europe.

    Also, I believe the Scandinavians beat everyone when it comes to taxing alcohol. Or used to, I heard they mellowed a bit.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  10. #18070
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Sorry... OT... literally, you must live in Ireland? It's only Ireland where alcohol is taxed more heavily than the UK?

    As soon as humanly possible, I will be moving to Spain.

    Up The Gary's forum name is decidedly apt.
    I live in Germany.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I think the point he was making was regardless of tax, the pound will tank so hard, it'll be cheaper than virtually anywhere else in Europe.
    Something like that, yeah

    Also, I believe the Scandinavians beat everyone when it comes to taxing alcohol. Or used to, I heard they mellowed a bit.
    I know somebody who paid for a week in a holiday cottage in one of the Scandinavian countries (it was either Norway or Sweden) in bottles of Scotch instead of money.

  11. #18071
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I think the point he was making was regardless of tax, the pound will tank so hard, it'll be cheaper than virtually anywhere else in Europe.

    Also, I believe the Scandinavians beat everyone when it comes to taxing alcohol. Or used to, I heard they mellowed a bit.
    At least in Sweden, anything above about 3-4% isn't allowed to be sold outside of a state-run monopoly. Obviously, that isn't exactly an environment conductive to cheap alcohol.

  12. #18072
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    At least in Sweden, anything above about 3-4% isn't allowed to be sold outside of a state-run monopoly. Obviously, that isn't exactly an environment conductive to cheap alcohol.
    Yeah, when I was little and we visited family in Sweden or Finland, it was almost customary to bring alcohol from the duty free shop of the ferry to the host.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  13. #18073

  14. #18074
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Here's some questions for you to think about:

    What 17 million? How many of those voted to leave without a deal, when the Leave campaign stated that the UK would only leave AFTER negotiating a deal. Do you remember when the Leave campaign said they wouldn't even hand in notice to leave until they had a deal? What about the ones that believed Liam Fox, IDS and David Davies when they said they would have a deal signed and sealed before Leaving Day?

    Why do you think there is an ever-growing list of multi-national corporations that have either left, or are leaving the UK?

    Why do you think all those manufacturers coincidentally decided to announce they were moving operations overseas after it became clear that a deal will never be struck and the UK will be in permanent limbo between leaving and staying?

    Why does British Steel need a 100M pound emergency loan from the government to cover the cost of buying emissions credits?

    Why have prominent (mostly Brexiteer) MPs been moving their money out of the UK to the EU?

    British scientists have been effectively excluded from bidding for EU grants for the last year and a half, as they would be due to start in 2020/21.

    The lies and financial rule breaking by the Leave campaign have been confirmed in court and they admitted guilt to it.

    The UK has a parliament that doesn't know what it wants (it just doesn't want a no-deal brexit and is prepared to legislate against the government to force its hand). It has a government that has no control over its party members, and cabinet members that contradict the PM in public and vote against the orders of a 3 line whip.

    Nobody is investing in the UK because nobody wants to invest in an unknown quantity. Tell me how much it will cost to import 12000 tonnes of aluminium to the UK in 2022 to build aircraft fuselages or car engines. What are the rules about work visas going to be in 2 years time?

    What will happen to the City of London when companies like Lloyds lose their license to trade in the EU, when EU members entice the firms with access to the EU? Where will the government's budget come from?
    .
    As a remainer I almost want to cry when I hear remainers talking this.

    These are terrible, awful arguments. If somebody had been whispering this stuff to me the day of the vote I'm not sure how I'd have voted.

    You need to stop parroting the ghasty, useless counter-productive strategy of the actual remain campaign. Without that campaign remain would have won easily.

    You people need to get this into your skulls: NO ONE, BUT NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE BANKS LEAVING. At best people don't care, at worst they actively loathe the banks. Stop tying your argument to a group of people which everyone fucking hates. You might as well point to the fact that immigrant child molesters are leaving.

    More generally most people don't care about the wider health of the economy, because a healthy economy has not benefited most people in the slightest, it has all gone to the top.

    Do you seriously think any one blathering on about thousands of tonnes of aluminum is going to change people's minds?

    You need to reframe your argument so that EU membership means something to ordinary people's lives.
    Last edited by kantlant; 2019-04-16 at 12:21 AM.

  15. #18075
    Quote Originally Posted by kantlant View Post
    You need to reframe your argument so that EU membership means something to ordinary people's lives.
    How about:

    Less doctors and nursing staff in surgeries and hospitals -> longer waiting times for both GPs and hospital beds (20% of medical staff in London hospitals were from the EU and the nationwide average was 5% before 2016, by 2021 there will be over 50k vacancies).
    Less people to harvest food -> less food available and it thus becomes more expensive (primarily done by eastern european seasonal workers).
    Less farm subsidies -> food more expensive and less of it (provided by the EU)
    Less teaching staff in schools and universities -> more students per teacher -> lower quality education
    Wealth gap increases as living costs rise and living standards decrease

  16. #18076
    Quote Originally Posted by kantlant View Post
    As a remainer...
    Does anyone else automatically assume that burner accounts claiming to be remainers are either leavers or non-Brits stirring the pot?

  17. #18077
    Just to make sure nobody dreams of unicorns tonight:

    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...1&guccounter=1

    Nancy Pelosi Warns 'No Chance Whatsoever' Of US-UK Trade Deal If Brexit Harms Good Friday Agreement
    Another nail in the coffin of no-deal, Dribs. Tick, tock, baby. Is your clock late? What's going on, mate?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  18. #18078
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    If middle England ever voted commie Corbyn into power i'll eat my left testicle.
    Anyone is free to correct me, but the latest polls which i've casually stumbled upon, even YouGov which you seem to quote often are showing Labour having up to a 15% lead, 2x times as many votes as the next party, Tory.

    It appears as if the Brexit Party and UKIP are cannibalizing the Tory conservative votes, leaving the Leave-faction politically fractured. This wouldn't matter if the UK didnt use FPTP, but it does so...

    ... it seems very likely we're tumbling towards a BINO EU-vassal kinda situation.
    ~~ All governments, our enemies.
    ~~All people, our allies. ~~

  19. #18079
    Quote Originally Posted by Up The Gary View Post
    Oh you mean all the scare mongering with "horror stories" that never happened or are still yet to happen?

    What has happened is the betrayal of 17 million+ people and growing... that's pretty fked up, I didn't vote either because I've never trusted UK government.
    "All the Horror Stories" Got news for you bro I'm on my last week in my job in the medicine sector of england and guess what want Naproxen 250mg GR Good luck with that our suppliers have had none for months, does your wife need HRT because guess what most women do after a certain age woooooops suppliers have had none of that for weeks and while ibruprofen 200mg is still in stock atm its running out quickly as for the 400mg version sorry bro ran out weeks ago no idea when more will be coming in and these are just a few of the very commonly used medications that have gone out of stock with no word on their return, THAT's just medicine.

    Before anyone says Hurrdurrr use other suppliers most pharmacies use other suppliers ALL of them have none of the stock...

  20. #18080
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Just to make sure nobody dreams of unicorns tonight:

    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...1&guccounter=1



    Another nail in the coffin of no-deal, Dribs. Tick, tock, baby. Is your clock late? What's going on, mate?
    Not unicorns at all matey, because of brexit...

    UK is found to be hottest investment destination despite Brexit - knocking the United States off the top spot for the first time in FIVE years

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...te-Brexit.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    "All the Horror Stories" Got news for you bro I'm on my last week in my job in the medicine sector of england and guess what want Naproxen 250mg GR Good luck with that our suppliers have had none for months, does your wife need HRT because guess what most women do after a certain age woooooops suppliers have had none of that for weeks and while ibruprofen 200mg is still in stock atm its running out quickly as for the 400mg version sorry bro ran out weeks ago no idea when more will be coming in and these are just a few of the very commonly used medications that have gone out of stock with no word on their return, THAT's just medicine.

    Before anyone says Hurrdurrr use other suppliers most pharmacies use other suppliers ALL of them have none of the stock...
    You still here, hanging around in the UK like a bad smell? Hurry up will you, can't have you still here to vote in the EU elections, Sargon has a job to do.

    But to be fair now you have told us why you always appear a little fraught on the forums in that you are missing your HRT tablets let me help you out.

    https://www.theindependentpharmacy.c...proxen-tablets

    Order before 4pm for delivery tomorrow, go on make the world a happier place get some right now ffs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •