View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #18081
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Not unicorns at all matey, because of brexit...

    UK is found to be hottest investment destination despite Brexit - knocking the United States off the top spot for the first time in FIVE years

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...te-Brexit.html



    You still here, hanging around in the UK like a bad smell? Hurry up will you, can't have you still here to vote in the EU elections, Sargon has a job to do.

    But to be fair now you have told us why you always appear a little fraught on the forums in that you are missing your HRT tablets let me help you out.

    https://www.theindependentpharmacy.c...proxen-tablets

    Order before 4pm for delivery tomorrow, go on make the world a happier place get some right now ffs.
    Awww is poor lil Dribs getting testy in his losing streak, I'm still a British citizen and I WILL still be voting just to to make life a misery even more for you pathetic Brexiteer's.

    I feel I touched a nerve with lil Dribs in lil England I'm genuinely howling right now.

  2. #18082
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Not unicorns at all matey, because of brexit...

    UK is found to be hottest investment destination despite Brexit - knocking the United States off the top spot for the first time in FIVE years

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...te-Brexit.html



    You still here, hanging around in the UK like a bad smell? Hurry up will you, can't have you still here to vote in the EU elections, Sargon has a job to do.

    But to be fair now you have told us why you always appear a little fraught on the forums in that you are missing your HRT tablets let me help you out.

    https://www.theindependentpharmacy.c...proxen-tablets

    Order before 4pm for delivery tomorrow, go on make the world a happier place get some right now ffs.
    Also from your link :
    https://www.theindependentpharmacy.c...k-price-update

  3. #18083
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Awww is poor lil Dribs getting testy in his losing streak, I'm still a British citizen and I WILL still be voting just to to make life a misery even more for you pathetic Brexiteer's.

    I feel I touched a nerve with lil Dribs in lil England I'm genuinely howling right now.
    Get your HRT tablets, sort them hot flushes out and we'll chat tomorrow when you are in a better mood!

  4. #18084
    https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...igh_desc=false

    Hmm, the UK is beneath not just the US but also China, the Netherlands, Germany and Brazil in FDI inflows.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  5. #18085
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Get your HRT tablets, sort them hot flushes out and we'll chat tomorrow when you are in a better mood!
    Nice deflection I'm still young I don't need them this sort of response just goes to show you know you are losing and you have no real comebacks from this, not that you had any to begin with.

  6. #18086
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    Which one of these are from you on Big Fat Carls discord?

    Must be r8 happy to see the UK might have him as a representative.
    This is what happens when Tory and Labour politicians betray the people who put them in power, but they are finished now. And it is worrying. What idiot will vote Conservative or Labour when not a word out of their mouths can you trust?

    People only have three choices in upcoming elections, one extreme clearly offering remain is the Lib Dems, the centre mainstream ground occupied by the Brexit party and the other extreme being UKIP.

    Tbh I cant make my mind up yet between UKIPs Sargon and Dankula with his nazi dog or go mainstream with Farages Brexit party. I suppose like most moderate sensible people I'll go with the majority and Farage in the end. But for now I sit on the fence...

    I wonder if the Lib Dems, the only clear remain party, will even break 10% of the vote such is the unpopularity of that?

    I doubt they'll do better with remain as their policy than the Sargon lot will with their extreme leave.

    Oh well, does that leave Nigel Farage for PM? Don't rule it out.

  7. #18087
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by vantlamper View Post
    I'm not sure Dribbles can either lose or win. He's channeling Nigel Farage, that's his goal. By the limited standards of this goal he is doing quite well. I'm not sure anything else matters to his belief system. Brexiteers are an odd sort of creature, like plankton or turtles or something, rules which apply to others don't apply to them.
    I quite like that, but if I may correct a small detail I would say brexiteers are plankton and remainers are turtles. One is far more populous than the other...

  8. #18088
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Probably also useful to remember that MEPs are not always reflective of their party leadership - vast majority of Labour MEPs are very decent people (shout-out to Seb Dance), and the Conservatives also have quite a few good ones (like Richard Ashworth).
    Probably need to update this, as Richard Ashworth has just joined TIG, along with Julie Girling, one of his equally decent colleagues.

    Conservatives are actually going to get destroyed in these elections
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-04-16 at 03:03 PM.

  9. #18089
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I quite like that, but if I may correct a small detail I would say brexiteers are plankton and remainers are turtles. One is far more populous than the other...
    I'd suggest that your analogy, in terms of actual numbers, is wildly and spectacularly inaccurate.

    A better analogy would be e.g.,

    Pet population of UK 2014

    Hamsters vs lizards. 50/50 split.

  10. #18090
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Can you explain that logic?

    Every poll shows that Corbyn almost as good as certain is going to end up being Prime Minister,
    No they don't. He hasn't a cat in hell's chance.

    He had his best shot last time and still lost by over 50 seats. He will never be Prime Minister.

  11. #18091
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    No they don't. He hasn't a cat in hell's chance.

    He had his best shot last time and still lost by over 50 seats. He will never be Prime Minister.
    Just to make clear that I'm not just making this up here is a news article discussing in same polls: Jeremy Corbyn ‘on course to be prime minister’ as third poll in two days shows collapse in Tory support | The Independent https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8869171.html

    And a bit of googling for recent GE polls should also show how massive Labour's lead is at the moment. UKIP and Brexit Party are cannibalizing the Tory voters.

    I personally have no horse in this race, I'd rather prefer a PM that would cancel Brexit, but a BINO is probably just as good if not better for the EU.

  12. #18092
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Just to make clear that I'm not just making this up here is a news article discussing in same polls: Jeremy Corbyn ‘on course to be prime minister’ as third poll in two days shows collapse in Tory support | The Independent https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8869171.html

    And a bit of googling for recent GE polls should also show how massive Labour's lead is at the moment. UKIP and Brexit Party are cannibalizing the Tory voters.

    I personally have no horse in this race, I'd rather prefer a PM that would cancel Brexit, but a BINO is probably just as good if not better for the EU.
    Sure - but these polls are indicative of the moment. So, if there was a GE tomorrow, Labour could well win. But May is not about to call a GE. Why would she? It'd require a motion of no confidence where a significant number of Tories (and/or the DUP) abstain or vote with the opposition. This has been suggested as a possibility but actually could only come to pass in the event of a cliff edge where the UK is looking likely to crash out of the EU and principled / suicidal remainer Tories vote with Labour. The polar opposite of that - DUP and leaver Tories abstaining/voting against the government in the event of a softer Brexit - wouldn’t come to pass because Labour should in theory be onside with the government.

    I’d suggest a more likely scenario is: May succeeds in a) pushing through her deal more or less as is (with the help of Labour whose leadership don’t really want a soft Brexit) and b) holds her party together in the process. Her legacy secured, she resigns to be placed by a Tory grass-roots favourite. Labour can table a motion of no confidence but this would likely fail as there’d be no real reason at this point for the DUP or leave Tories to abstain or vote with the opposition.

    The result: no GE until 2022. By which time the polls will be completely different.

  13. #18093
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    Be interesting if Brexit drags out until a then, considering nobody born this century voted for brexit. They might be militant by then.
    While I cannot fathom ANOTHER extension being given, the trade negotiations will continue long past 2022. As will the backstop being enforced.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  14. #18094
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    Be interesting if Brexit drags out until a then, considering nobody born this century voted for brexit. They might be militant by then.
    Yep, well - exactly. Labour could be even more popular by that point. It was more, I don't really see a GE happening any time soon so polls are a moot point. Local council elections: yep, the Tories will get hammered. Absolutely hammered. Ditto EU elections. But it's still not going to result in anything on a national level unless Tory MPs abstain or vote against the government in a no confidence vote.

    I'll be voting for independent candidates in the local election and either Green, Lib Dem or Change UK in the EP election.

    If there was a GE now? I'd piss on my ballot paper. Literally.

  15. #18095
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I personally have no horse in this race, I'd rather prefer a PM that would cancel Brexit, but a BINO is probably just as good if not better for the EU.
    Not for the EU but probalby for the UK.
    The EU would prefer constructive participation.

  16. #18096
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    While I cannot fathom ANOTHER extension being given, the trade negotiations will continue long past 2022. As will the backstop being enforced.
    To be fair, if their political class is ripping itself apart, I would grant them another extension just to let that happen and run its full course. :P That would be the political/diplomatic version of "I'm not touching! I'm not touching you! I'm not touching!"
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  17. #18097
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Yep, well - exactly. Labour could be even more popular by that point. It was more, I don't really see a GE happening any time soon so polls are a moot point. Local council elections: yep, the Tories will get hammered. Absolutely hammered. Ditto EU elections. But it's still not going to result in anything on a national level unless Tory MPs abstain or vote against the government in a no confidence vote.

    I'll be voting for independent candidates in the local election and either Green, Lib Dem or Change UK in the EP election.
    Sounds sensible, opened up the Labour EU manifesto, first thing I read was:

    Quote Originally Posted by Labour Manifesto
    Labour accepts the referendum result and a Labour government will put the national interest first.

    We will prioritise jobs and living standards, build a close new relationship with the EU, protect workers’ rights and environmental standards, provide certainty to EU nationals and give a meaningful role to Parliament throughout negotiations.

    We will end Theresa May’s reckless approach to Brexit, and seek to unite the country around a Brexit deal that works for every community in Britain.
    Stopped reading the thing. Not having my vote taken hostage again like it was at the last GE. I don't trust Change UK at all, Chukka in my mind is Labour's (formerly I guess) very own BoJo, man thinks he's owed the Premiership, same for the rest of the high profile Change UK members, they all think they were owed a much bigger role than they were getting in Labour and the Conservatives and now think this is their break.

    So Lib Dem for me I think, seems a little more sensible than Green. Independent is good thinking for the local election though, will have to do some research on my local candidates.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2019-04-17 at 11:53 AM.

  18. #18098
    Titan draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    13,190
    Corbyn has no chance, and I was someone who wanted him in the first place, but the baggage around him has proven too much. He couldn't beat one of the worst run campaigns I've ever seen, May was there to be beaten and he fluffed it.

  19. #18099
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    15,317
    I would much rather see a currently now smaller party take far more control, Corbyn is equally terrible as May, far too old to have any connection with todays issues, on top of that he has no issue with antisemtism and other forms of racism in his party, probably due to one himself.

    Also i don't get why people would still vote for Farage, even if you believe in a hard brexit. He is the biggest fraud and political coward in the whole of the UK. He ran like a rat from the sinking ship that is the Brexit the second it came into play. The only exit strategy he had was for himself and his family to move into the EU.

    Only to host embarrassing interviews for gullible folk who prefer the russian translation of western news. And rallies he couldn't even finish himself.

    The only thing he has got going for him is being loud, what is generally the case for empty headed fools. And people like Dribbles still plan on voting for that, rofl.

    Hey dribbles want to buy some magic beans, i'll even accept the pound, lol.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2019-04-17 at 02:12 PM.

  20. #18100
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I would much rather see a currently now smaller party take far more control, Corbyn is equally terrible as May, far too old to have any connection with todays issues, on top of that he has no issue with antisemtism and other forms of racism in his party, probably due to one himself.

    Also i don't get why people would still vote for Farage, even if you believe in a hard brexit. He is the biggest fraud and political coward in the whole of the UK. He ran like a rat from the sinking ship that is the Brexit the second it came into play. The only exit strategy he had was for himself and his family to move into the EU.

    Only to host embarrassing interviews for gullible folk who prefer the russian translation of western news. And rallies he couldn't even finish himself.

    The only thing he has got going for him is being loud, what is generally the case for empty headed fools. And people like Dribbles still plan on voting for that, rofl.

    Hey dribbles want to buy some magic beans, i'll even accept the pound, lol.
    Why vote for Farage? Hey even Verhofstadt is a fan now so does that make me a good European? Hear it from the man himself eurochums...



    Now all we need is a few more votes for the AfD in Germany and the EU is gone like a Notre Dame puff of smoke.

    First the EU elections, not long after 10 Downing Street here he comes.

    Farage's Brexit Party to top EU elections in Britain - poll

    https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...rce=reddit.com
    Last edited by dribbles; 2019-04-17 at 02:56 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •