View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Happily correct

Amazing what a party launch and two days at the top of BBC news can do for a polling %
    Farrage cult of personality.

Luckily, this election isn't FPTP.

What's amusing is that Brexit retards use it to show their "victory" or whatever fucked up fantasy of the week they follow. To me it just shows... Brexit support went from 51% to 27%.

Yes, please... have that second referendum. Apparently, Brexit really went out of favour by now.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Luckily, this election isn't FPTP.
    It isn't straight word PR either though. Country is broke into large regional constituency's so still plenty of votes to put on the scrapheap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    How about that for taking back control?
    Missed out on; if we get a trade deal with the USA it will be highly advantaged to the USA alongside preventing a trade deal with China and a massive hinderance to a UK EU trade deal.

I think the point he was making was regardless of tax, the pound will tank so hard, it'll be cheaper than virtually anywhere else in Europe.

Also, I believe the Scandinavians beat everyone when it comes to taxing alcohol. Or used to, I heard they mellowed a bit.
    Yeah, we like to tax the «scary stuff» like alcohol and tobacco like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It isn't straight word PR either though. Country is broke into large regional constituency's so still plenty of votes to put on the scrapheap.
    It's actually a pretty decent representative system, as I've learned today.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

It's actually a pretty decent representative system, as I've learned today.
    I'm playing catch up myself with it and whilst it seems decent I'm not sure how much value having a more local MEP adds and maybe this is a hang over from FPTP habits but I do worry that my vote will do less here than it would down south.

Really, I don't see what all the excitement is about. In 2014, UKIP polled 26.6%. Combined Brexit Party / UKIP vote is 30% now. Is that even an extra MEP? And if that’s the extent of the No Deal vote, then so much the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds sensible, opened up the Labour EU manifesto, first thing I read was:

Stopped reading the thing. Not having my vote taken hostage again like it was at the last GE.
    Could you link it, please? Can’t find it. Only the 2014 manifesto with Ed’s head on it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Could you link it, please? Can’t find it. Only the 2014 manifesto with Ed’s head on it.
    https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/negotiating-brexit/

I'm fairly confident this is the in date manifesto regarding Brexit. 2019 copyright mark at the bottom and if you do bother to read it then the rhetoric seems relevant to recent events and recent positions. I may be getting my wires crossed though and they still haven't worked out a new one for the coming election.

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/negotiating-brexit/

I'm fairly confident this is the in date manifesto regarding Brexit. 2019 copyright mark at the bottom and if you do bother to read it then the rhetoric seems relevant to recent events and recent positions. I may be getting my wires crossed though and they still haven't worked out a new one for the coming election.
    Ta

/10char to get it over the line

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Oh come on, this is pathetic even by your standards.

They never gave a mandate for a no-deal Brexit, because that wasn't on offer at the referendum. So they can't give it "again" can they. Would you like me to link you all the times the Leave campaign told us all the things we wouldn't be losing if we voted leave? All the things that we would leave if we went no-deal? Or do you want to save me the time and just flat out admit you are talking bollocks again?

As for the numbers on that poll, it's still barely better than 2014. The Brexit party is getting the bulk of its votes from UKIP, and some from the Tories. And you are still barely getting a third of the votes, which is probably going to be about an 8th of the voters. Which isn't a mandate for anything.

Still dry-humping the corpse of Brexit. Whatever gets you off, I guess.
    I dunno where you are getting your comfort from, how's remain doing? You are looking graphically at its corpse lol

And that is just 5 days after launching, where will the Brexit party be in 5 weeks at election time, would you like a tissue in advance?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And that is just 5 days after launching
    Cute how you say this like its a disadvantage
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-04-18 at 08:06 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Cute how you say this like its a disadvantage
    Of course it takes a while, but now after nearly 1 week we have the wisdom of the old coupled with the energy of the young = unbeatable brexit. I hear David Bellamy is about to mention mmoc as one of the last places in the UK where lesser spotted remainers can be seen in abundance!

https://unitynewsnetwork.co.uk/brexi...nises-protest/

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Thankyou for reminding me David Bellamy is a thing; my garden is blooming at the moment, and he was always a friendly face in biology lessons decades ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Of course it takes a while, but now after nearly 1 week we have the wisdom of the old coupled with the energy of the young = unbeatable brexit. I hear David Bellamy is about to mention mmoc as one of the last places in the UK where lesser spotted remainers can be seen in abundance!

https://unitynewsnetwork.co.uk/brexi...nises-protest/

You should have been in London the other day; there were a million remainers, all in one place. You might be confusing that with the march for Brexit, which barely attracted enough people to fill a single bus. Which they used, because apparently they were confused about what a "walk" was.

Seems to be a lot of confusion around Leave voters. They don't understand how the EU works. Or the GFA. Or the WTO. Or pretty much anything.

I'm trying to think of a good word for this ongoing sexual relationship you are having with this whole dead thing. Brexophilia?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Brexophilia works for me.

I dunno where you are getting your comfort from, how's remain doing? You are looking graphically at its corpse lol

And that is just 5 days after launching, where will the Brexit party be in 5 weeks at election time, would you like a tissue in advance?
    You are aware that MEPs have no say in domestic policy, aren't you? And that the Brexit Party has taken most of its MEP votes away from UKIP.

It is rather remarkable, how you brexit people have gone from "THE UK HAS NO SAY IN THE PARLIAMENT, DEMOCRACY IS DEAD" to "Voting for UKIP MEPs will make a difference". Either you were lying before, or lying now. Which is it?
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-04-18 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Depends on the day, apparently. One day they're basically nothing, no power whatsoever. The next, they're powerful enough to topple Germany or something.
    I can't decide if it is tragic or cute the way the little dearies bumble along from outragious statement to outragious statement, never actually getting anything factually correct. Ah well, I look forward to the reaction on October 31st when the EU agrees an extension until March 2020 because parliament still can't decide on anything except it doesn't want to leave without a deal.

It'll probably be called the "Letwin-Cooper 2, electric boogaloo" Act 2018.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-04-18 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    I'm moving to my second home which is norway, family and friends there and they are very excited to have us back.
    So, how does it feel to join a country with actual Europeans?

Also, thumbsup for the name change.

So, how does it feel to join a country with actual Europeans?

Also, thumbsup for the name change.
    Now now .. we're talking about a people that has consistently said no to joining the EU ... They are wonderful people, but if not for oil revenues I'm not sure they would be happy bunnies about being EFTA members

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean the difference they want it to make is not at home, they want obstructionist trolls in the European Parliament, they are not even hiding it.
    Not that it matters what clowns they're sending.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.