View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    The British nuclear armory is located in Scotland at RNAD Coulport near Faslane, so they wouldn't actually be in England.
    Suddenly imagining an angry Brexiteer English Prime Minister screaming «LAUNCH THE NUKEZZZZZZZZZ!!11!!!» into a landline to said Scottish base, only for it to be disconnected.

Quite enjoyable really.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    ?!?!?

Too much Pimms, Mr D?
    Well there is a lot of radiation about this sunny bank holiday, perhaps another cucumber sandwich is in order, however...

The poster painted a scenario whereby the EU has threatened the very existence of the UK. Do you think anyone other than our current Chamberlainesque PM would not retaliate? This window of appeasement that the EU is very lucky to have at the minute from our weak PM is closing. I hope they are prepared for whoever comes after Theresa May and are very careful about the next steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    The British nuclear armory is located in Scotland at RNAD Coulport near Faslane, so they wouldn't actually be in England.
    It has already been proposed that it would be moved to England in advance of any Scottish separation.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Well there is a lot of radiation about this sunny bank holiday, perhaps another cucumber sandwich is in order, however...

The poster painted a scenario whereby the EU has threatened the very existence of the UK. Do you think anyone other than our current Chamberlainesque PM would not retaliate? This window of appeasement that the EU is very lucky to have at the minute from our weak PM is closing. I hope they are prepared for whoever comes after Theresa May and are very careful about the next steps.

It has already been proposed that it would be moved to England in advance of any Scottish separation.
    You're getting weirder every day. No prime minister would use the nuclear arsenal for some political and geopolitical loss, he/she brought forth.
    But should you decide to press the button, France says hi with an arsenal 50% larger.

Naive jingoism.

Ridiculous lol, but you deliberately missed off the last event?

<Little Britain delivers Hiroshima style event on every EU capital>
    Remember when you pretended you didn't call for war against the EU, killer? This is you lying.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Remember when you pretended you didn't call for war against the EU, killer? This is you lying.
    Nope you are wrong again. Do try to keep up boy...

The poster first said,

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post

<England is forced to give Northern Ireland back to Ireland by the EU>

<England is forced to give Gibraltar back to Spain by the EU>
    effectively a declaration of war by the EU on the UK. The EU started it.

But yes in those circumstances we would respond. Bigly.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Find it funny how he's basically called for war, cheered on people's death and even oppression and nothing happens. Yet some people basically quote others innocently and get bans

Looking at Calamari’s original bullet points:

<England leaves the EU>
    Marks for the anglophobic question? 0/10. People also voted for Leave in NI, Scotland & Wales. It's not as simple as delineating by geographical location.

However, the likelihood of the UK leaving in some form or another remains: high. The likelihood of leaving with No Deal is: lower, but still a possibility.

It all depends on how the UK leaves.

In the event of No Deal:

<England is forced to give Northern Ireland back to Ireland [wind-up]>
    Again, I don’t I agree with the phrasing but the likelihood of this in the event of No Deal: a distinct possibility. The last poll I could find https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...sh_Unification relating specifically to unification in the event of No Deal, gives a 13% lead to Yes. Will this lead increase? Most probably yes. Be sure, when you respond, to quote a poll that relates specifically to the question where No Deal is the hypothetical scenario.

<Scotland leaves the union with England and later joins the EU>
    Again, in the event of No Deal, the likelihood is: a distinct possibility http://whatscotlandthinks.org/questi...ferendum-on-sc . Will this lead increase? Most probably yes.

<England is forced to give Gibraltar back to Spain [wind-up]>
    OK - genuinely, I have no idea about this. However, if the UK (Great or Little) ends up at war with Spain over Gibraltar, I sincerely promise you - I will have gone beyond the pitchforks stage and will be chaining my underwear to the nearest military base. Just, absolutely categorically no. No.

<Wales whines about being forced to stay in the union with England>
    Sure.

So, to summarise, looking at polls: the answer to Calamari’s questions will ultimately depend on exactly how the UK leaves the EU.

If you chaps pursue your hard Brexit agenda, you only increase the chances of the break up of the UK. Hence, the laughs that will be hard at e.g., the DUP’s expense if this should come to pass.

Now, to get back to your controversial response to self-determination in this scenario, I know you’re on the wind-up, but literally what could the government do? There will be no nuclear option as, thank fuck, piss-heads like you and me don’t have the finger on the button (otherwise Russia would have had it ages ago). It will just be the Daily Mail bleating on and we’ll all be a lot poorer: fiscally, morally, intellectually etc. etc. as a result.

You really do need to compromise, Mr D. If I can - so can you.
    Last edited by LeGin Tufnel; 2019-04-21 at 06:11 PM.

Nope you are wrong again. Do try to keep up boy...

The poster first said,

effectively a declaration of war by the EU on the UK. The EU started it.

But yes in those circumstances we would respond. Bigly.
    Back to violence heh?
    Assuming the original quote is realistic in a parallel universe, being forced doesn't necessarily mean a declaration of war. It could be an uncomfortable trade-off you are forced to make to save your economy, food and energy supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Back to violence heh?
    Assuming the original quote is realistic in a parallel universe, being forced doesn't necessarily mean a declaration of war. It could be an uncomfortable trade-off you are forced to make to save your economy, food and energy supply.
    Yeah, like Ukraine being forced to let go of Crimea.

No declaration of war there!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post

Not even remotely connected to anything but glad you had the chance to make it about Russia once more. /slowclap
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Not even remotely connected to anything but glad you had the chance to make it about Russia once more. /slowclap
    Plenty of things can happen without declaration of war.

I fail to see how both would compare. One is Russian military pressure to recover territories lost at the collapse of the USSR, the other would be an economic trade off.
    That being said the original quote was ludicrous. The reason Ireland is an issue is because there are actual peace concerns there. We have heard nothing officially during the negotiations about Gibraltar, and we won't in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    This has nothing to do with Brexit or the EU. UK/France border enforcement arrangements are covered by the Le Torquet border agreement and seeing as France and the UK signed a new treaty at the beginning of last year reinforcing this agreement France are unlikely to shrug and claim it is not their problem.
    The Le Touquet deal evolves around border checks. Returning refugee's is under the Dublin convention. Macron and other French officials have previously expressed a critical opinion of the le touquet deal. It's really just notifying the UK that France is stepping away from it, and two years later they'll finally take control of their border again.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2019-04-21 at 06:42 PM.

Plenty of things can happen without declaration of war.
    Spain won't post tanks at Gibraltar's borders. Whatever notions Spain had to leverage their interests during the negotiations were silenced early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    The Le Touquet deal evolves around border checks. Returning refugee's is under the Dublin convention. Macron and other French officials have previously expressed a critical opinion of the le touquet deal. It's really just notifying the UK that France is stepping away from it, and two years later they'll finally take control of their border again.
    France are not stepping away from anything Macron signed a new treaty with the UK in January 2018.

I fail to see how both would compare. One is Russian military pressure to recover territories lost at the collapse of the USSR, the other would be an economic trade off.
    You forget that it started from Russian economic pressure though. One that caused Yanukovich to call off Association Agreement, and led to Maidan popular riots (supported by EU states and US) that eventually ousted him.

One can certainly lead to another.

That being said the original quote was ludicrous. The reason Ireland is an issue is because there are actual peace concerns there. We have heard nothing officially during the negotiations about Gibraltar, and we won't in the future.
    I agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    France are not stepping away from anything Macron signed a new treaty with the UK in January 2018.
    The Sandhurst treaty from 2018 just injected another 50 millions from the UK side and commitments to speed up the processing and acceptance of unaccompanied minors.
    Brexit and the UK's stance to control immigration further might jeopardize it greatly.
    The treaty's aim was to ensure we wouldn't have another Calais jungle, as well as becoming a bigger parking lot for trucks UK-bound

- - - Updated - - -

I agree on that.
    Let's leave it at that and not argue on unlikely hypothetical then. It's not the place to argue on Crimea/Ukraine, and I don't think Gibraltar is anywhere close to that in scope. Spain is ill placed to play the territory card when they have 2 enclaves in Marocco, and they know it. They tried, and were told to be quiet early on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Let's leave it at that and not argue on unlikely hypothetical then. It's not the place to argue on Crimea/Ukraine, and I don't think Gibraltar is anywhere close to that in scope. Spain is ill placed to play the territory card when they have 2 enclaves in Marocco, and they know it. They tried, and were told to be quiet early on.
    Phew. I am so glad you came around to my statement which seemed to create such controversy.

Ridiculous lol
    Did you have to be so long winded about it? A simple "I agree with dribbles" would have done...

Phew. I am so glad you came around to my statement which seemed to create such controversy.

Did you have to be so long winded about it? A simple "I agree with dribbles" would have done...
    Confused with all your alt accounts and people in your head?