View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The very fact the UK is compelled to send MEP's to the EU is a disgrace. The will of the people is that the UK wants nothing to do with EU business and yet the EU occupying force makes us. So damn right the UK will send the most anti EU MEP's possible.
    The EU has no military nor a police. It can - by definition - not be an occupying force. If EU regulations are enforced, they are enforced by the member state and its executive/judiciary. In your case, the UK.

Of course, that doesn't concern killers like you. You just want violence and death for people, right?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    ok, it begs the question what would happen if UK denies its citizens the vote late in may. would EU enforce it and order a ballot weeks later or what ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    ok, it begs the question what would happen if UK denies its citizens the vote late in may. would EU enforce it and order a ballot weeks later or what ?
    The UK government has already issued the order to hold elections in May. So long as the UK is in the EU on 23 May, it has to hold the elections under British law.

Well the government has already ordered the elections to be held. But if for arguments sake it doesn't happen. Simply put EU would consider it the UK deciding it was leaving at that point in time with no deal.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    The UK government has already issued the order to hold elections in May. So long as the UK is in the EU on 23 May, it has to hold the elections under British law.
    ok, so far they do not play dumb and hope for brexit in 4 weeks time by doing nothing in preparation for elections. but at the same time EU could not really enforce it ?

ah, i see: no EU elections means no deal brexit by default. and nobody is so brave and stirs that pot
    Last edited by ranzino; 2019-04-22 at 07:01 PM.

The EU couldn't enforce a vote. The EU would probably start a process to sanction the UK for breaking the treaty and not fulfilling its obligations. Such a procedure would most likely end in the UK losing its voice in the Council (and fines the UK wouldn't be interested in paying anyway).

- - - Updated - - -

ok, so far they do not play dumb and hope for brexit in 4 weeks time by doing nothing in preparation for elections. but at the same time EU could not really enforce it ?

ah, i see: no EU elections means no deal brexit by default. and nobody is so brave and stirs that pot
    EU elections and Brexit aren't necessarily connected other than that the elections put a time table on the Brexit schedule with a few dates to observe for certain consequences.

The EU cannot arbitrarily decide when the UK leaves. As far as I remember, having skimmed the document, the EU is held to the October date. Only the UK can end the term early.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

So...

What's happening in parliament this week? Anything juicy?

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    So...

What's happening in parliament this week? Anything juicy?
    They're on vacation, aren't they? Since they don't have any pressing matters...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    How the hell is the EU forcing anything if your elementary school of a government can't even pass some simple votes that bring a solution ???

Like stated you could very well have been out by 29 March but instead your government played a little kids game of '' we don't want May's deal but we also vote against No Deal and meanwhile we shoot down 8 different votes on how to get out of this pickle ''

The whole reason why you are heading for EU elections is because of YOUR government and it's inability to decide anything about Brexit, the EU forced no extension upon you, the extension was asked by your PM, up to two times now.
    Oh I agree the current UK government is useless. But there are 2 sides. EU citizens voted to leave the EU, the EU should have enabled its citizens to do just that if it was in any shape or form democratic. It didn't and colluded with the UK government to stop Brexit. The EU is as much to blame for this mess as the UK government.

And just as useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The EU has no military nor a police. It can - by definition - not be an occupying force. If EU regulations are enforced, they are enforced by the member state and its executive/judiciary. In your case, the UK.

Of course, that doesn't concern killers like you. You just want violence and death for people, right?
    It is in a colonialist way occupying and ruling a country against the wishes of those citizens. I understand why you empire building EU fanatics support that, but you are doomed to fail. Again.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

They're on vacation, aren't they? Since they don't have any pressing matters...
    No - they're back in session tomorrow.

edit...

Look, I'll answer my own question in a Calamari styleee:

<Corbyn and May continue to agree while, at the same time, claiming they disagree>

<Tick tock goes Dribbles' clock>

<Bercow shouts Mr Peter Bone a lot>

<Boris Johnson is assaulted by an irate climate change protestor, who shaves the creamy-topped fucktard bald>
    Last edited by LeGin Tufnel; 2019-04-22 at 08:00 PM.

It is in a colonialist way occupying and ruling a country against the wishes of those citizens. I understand why you empire building EU fanatics support that, but you are doomed to fail. Again.
    It's not. As a true British citizen that still dreams of the Empire, I'm surprised you forgot how much military the British Empire had deployed around the planet to keep the colonies in check. Why do you think you lost them all, because they didn't like the idea of driving on the left side of the road?

Not that a bloodthirsty sociopath like you would care about history or what the real world looks like, as long as it burns.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, we'll see what goes on. My money is on fuckall. :P

Nothing, the conservative party civil war has now hit grassroot levels. Quite Frankly unless an election happens we might as well not even have a parliament until the party conferences are over.

Ah, we'll see what goes on. My money is on fuckall. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Nothing, the conservative party civil war has now hit grassroot levels. Quite Frankly unless an election happens we might as well not even have a parliament until the party conferences are over.
    Yes - exactly. A mini mars bar to the person who can come up with the most ridiculous, yet surprisingly accurate prediction of how time will be constructively wasted.

The Mail has already wasted a good chunk on Diane Abbott drinking a mojito
    Last edited by LeGin Tufnel; 2019-04-22 at 08:05 PM.

I have no idea, lol. Couldn't even begin to predict the madness in the HoC.

Yes - exactly. A mini mars bar to the person who can come up with the most ridiculous, yet surprisingly accurate prediction of how time will be constructively wasted.

The Mail has already wasted a good chunk on Diane Abbott drinking a mojito
    OMG someone drunk an alcoholic drink on a train Stop the presses this never happens in the history of ever!

At this point I wonder how historians will view the brexit era Britain. Outside of a list of what not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    OMG someone drunk an alcoholic drink on a train Stop the presses this never happens in the history of ever!

At this point I wonder how historians will view the brexit era Britain. Outside of a list of what not to do.
    They will protray Britain as a victim. The first victim of an epidemic symptom for the modern information age. See, humanity has managed to get analphabetism all but eliminated in modern societies (of the west at least). But we've still got to learn to filter information and distinguish bullshit from important information. The UK is pioneering that in that they were one of the first to fall into the deep pit of unadulterated and unmitigated bullshit. They will be a lesson to everyone else on what the dangers are.

A solution? I think we're far from it at this stage. And everyone is in danger.

So you think they will make one more vote? If the first vote dont count why would the second? Why not make a third? Its people in power that force their way until they get what they want as always. Why even have a vote when there is no democracy

7+ Year Old Account

edit...

Look, I'll answer my own question in a Calamari styleee:

<Corbyn and May continue to agree while, at the same time, claiming they disagree>

<Tick tock goes Dribbles' clock>

<Bercow shouts Mr Peter Bone a lot>

<Boris Johnson is assaulted by an irate climate change protestor, who shaves the creamy-topped fucktard bald>
    Calamari style

<Boris Johnson wins Tory leadership contest>

<Puts to the commons as a vote of confidence to leave the EU with no deal>

<Vote fails - General election called.>

<Brexit party storms to power with Labour and Conservatives gone in electoral oblivion.>
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    More than just noise, some would say an unstoppable force. This man is raising £50 a minute from UK voters to use against the EU and deliver democracy to the people, whilst the Tories are going bust...
    Right, so either you think Brexit won't happen for a long time and that's what you're cheering for with this stupidity or you actually have no clue what the October date means for Farage and his unstoppable force, and of course you are regardless of the former completely clueless how voting works in the EU parliament.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

<Brexit party storms to power with Labour and Conservatives gone in electoral oblivion.>
    Debatable.

GE now is a win for Labour.