View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Wtf, what happened? And since when do mods remove all posts by one user by hand? Would explain the lack of moderation elsewhere if they waste their time with dumb shit like that.
    They removed his user account, automatically removing all posts by him from all threads. Unless you can find one somewhere, and I'm wrong - I'm assuming here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    He called dribbles a pedophile. Not the smartest idea. At best you could say he is a fan of pedophile enablers (that you can probably say factually).
    Sounds like being on par for the mods. Protect a known warmongerer and would-be killer, get rid of one of the few sensible people.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Absolutely shameful behaviour towards campaigners in the locals.

https://twitter.com/GeorgiaZemoreyR/...46135705653249
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-04-30 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'll have to disagree, there are some accusations you don't blindly lob at people.
    He's guilty by association. Cheer for a pedophile, get called a pedo. I don't have problems with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post

It was bound to happen. Now that they can't blame the EU for everything, I expect only more of this happening. And I have little sympathy for a class of people (politicians) that made a career out of deceiving the public.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Labour seemingly half arsing again on a second vote. Likely because fake remainer who is really a leaver Corbyn in charge trying to stare down his own party.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48099901

- - - Updated - - -

I hope those that did the assault are all arrested and given full sentances. We can't have elected officials attacked even if we disagree with their position or frustrate us no end. Even if their position is absolutely deplorable.

I’m sorry that CTD has deleted his account. I liked what he had to say about stuff. I don’t think that was necessary.

Re. Labour’s fudge - yet more constructive ambivalence. Won’t vote for them. Exactly who will be voting for them in the EP elections and why, I’m not sure. Apparently, Tom Watson isn’t sure either - he walked out of a shadow cabinet meeting when no-one could provide him with a copy of the manifesto. Literally, they have nothing to offer on this election, yet they’re polling 28% same as Brexit Party.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I’m sorry that CTD has deleted his account. I liked what he had to say about stuff. I don’t think that was necessary.

Re. Labour’s fudge - yet more constructive ambivalence. Won’t vote for them. Exactly who will be voting for them in the EP elections and why, I’m not sure. Apparently, Tom Watson isn’t sure either - he walked out of a shadow cabinet meeting when no-one could provide him with a copy of the manifesto. Literally, they have nothing to offer on this election, yet they’re polling 28% same as Brexit Party.
    Turn my back for 2 seconds and people start branding posters as paedos. :S

Labour have made my choice for me in the coming elections, Green it is. Lib Dems haven't a sniff round here so might aswell embrace the freedom of knowing my vote is completely wasted. For the EUs then I'll hedge on whoever polls the best in my region and is an actual Remain party.

It will be interesting to see how Labour's non-committal commitment to a 2nd ref affects the polls in the coming days. Social media is, as always, going mental but so far they seem to have weathered the storm much better than the Tories and this may well turn out to be a shrewd move as remain voters don't appear to be convinced that parties like the Lib Dems, Greens or CHUK are the answer whereas leavers seem to be embracing the Brexit party in large numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by crathwath View Post
    The point of the Labour party is to represent the workers.
    What form of Brexit will improve the lives of workers, over remaining in the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by crathwath View Post
    You say this like you and the others hadn't been bitching about Labour for ages, and Tom Watson hadn't been constantly undermining the party.

The point of the Labour party is to represent the workers. That's it. It is not a single-issue anti-brexit group. There's no deception there, it just doesn't support your own very narrow perspective on UK politics.
    No, I said they had nothing to offer in the EP election.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not suggesting that the EP election is anything other than a single issue election is he?

Fuck me, really?

Please explain why anyone would possibly vote for Labour in the forthcoming EP elections other than out of partisanship and tribalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Turn my back for 2 seconds and people start branding posters as paedos. :S

Labour have made my choice for me in the coming elections, Green it is. Lib Dems haven't a sniff round here so might aswell embrace the freedom of knowing my vote is completely wasted. For the EUs then I'll hedge on whoever polls the best in my region and is an actual Remain party.
    When it comes to Euro Elections Greens/LD/Plaid/SNP need to come together in a no compete area. Basically agree for Plaid in Wales, SNP in Scotland and LD/Greens in own parts of England so that the vote of remainers isn't spread thing and gives over representation to brexit party.

The irony is I'm almost there with voting for Labour in the event of a snap GE (after Brexit and with no hope of remaining), were it not for there being absolutely no point because of FPTP. I was reading a good piece about the National Transformation Fund that changed my view.

No doubt burner will be back to tell me he doesn't actually want my vote.

The irony is I'm almost there with voting for Labour in the event of a snap GE, were it not for there being absolutely no point because of FPTP. I was reading a good piece about the National Transformation Fund that changed my view.

No doubt burner will be back to tell me he doesn't actually want my vote.
    Who are the two big parties in your constituency? Or are you in a safe seat?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    When it comes to Euro Elections Greens/LD/Plaid/SNP need to come together in a no compete area. Basically agree for Plaid in Wales, SNP in Scotland and LD/Greens in own parts of England so that the vote of remainers isn't spread thing and gives over representation to brexit party.
    Yea it would be great, shame ChangeUK decided to shit all over this idea but what else should we expect from them? Here's to hoping the rest can be sensible.

Who are the two big parties in your constituency? Or are you in a safe seat?
    It's a Tory safe seat. Literally, there is no point me voting other than to boost the popular vote of x party, which I'm not going to do anymore. I will now be spoiling my vote in GEs until we get a form of PR. And not AV or AV+. Proper PR. STV or Additional Member System or Party List - I'd accept either.

It's a Tory safe seat. Literally, there is no point me voting other than to boost the popular vote of x party, which I'm not going to do anymore. I will now be spoiling my vote in GEs until we get a form of PR. And not AV or AV+. Proper PR. STV or Additional Member System or Party List - I'd accept either.
    Yeah thinking about doing the same. Where I live both before and after the border changes 2010 has been super safe Tory. Except the two Blair landslides it's been Tory or Tory allied party since 1930s. Although if there's a hint of a chance though I'll be voting for whoever has that chance. Labour, LD, Change, Whoever (not UKIP, Brexit Party or BNP types) they'll get my vote if it means getting rid of ERG member MP.

I still go by the AV/AV+ vote was a trap by the Tories to shut up LD on reform during the coalition knowing that voters could tell it wasn't really a change and got them to stay home while saying "See people don't want reform.".

I still go by the AV/AV+ vote was a trap by the Tories to shut up LD on reform during the coalition knowing that voters could tell it wasn't really a change and got them to stay home while saying "See people don't want reform.".
    Yep, absolutely. I was always surprised the Lib Dems agreed to it.

I mean - I voted for AV on the basis that "at least it was a step in the right direction". In retrospect, I wonder if that was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Yea it would be great, shame ChangeUK decided to shit all over this idea
    The Lib Dems and Greens are not exactly blameless either - the Lib Dems choosing to pre-submit all their candidates for all regions before even raising the issue of working with other remain parties especially.

It will be interesting to see how Labour's non-committal commitment to a 2nd ref affects the polls in the coming days. Social media is, as always, going mental but so far they seem to have weathered the storm much better than the Tories and this may well turn out to be a shrewd move as remain voters don't appear to be convinced that parties like the Lib Dems, Greens or CHUK are the answer whereas leavers seem to be embracing the Brexit party in large numbers.
    I've been saying this for some time. I don't like all the political games, but the fact is that Corbyn and Labour have managed to tread that line of somehow keeping all of their supporters satisfied WAY better than the Tories have. And if you look at what's happening to the Tories, you can see what could have happened to Labour (and indeed still could) if they get it wrong.

It's a dangerous and narrow line to walk, but they've managed it so far.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    The Lib Dems and Greens are not exactly blameless either - the Lib Dems choosing to pre-submit all their candidates for all regions before even raising the issue of working with other remain parties especially.
    Fair I suppose. Been poking round and found this. New politics indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaked Change UK memo on "Cooperation Strategy with the Lib Dems"
    Objectives

Single party, brand, entity and leadership team for progressive politics at the next General Election including all progressive traditions (centre-left, One Nation and Liberal).

No mergers, pacts or alliances.

Strategy

1. Win over LD activist and members to the TIG/NP cause – to win over as supporters;
    2. Attract support and resources from LD backers – to win over and help provide resources.

Tactics

1. Grow TIG so HoC numbers exceed LDs
    2. Illustrate TIG exceeds the support base of the LD
    a. Grow supporter list to byond 100,000 (current number of LD members)
    b. Grow twitter followers beyond 244,00 (LDs currently on 244,100).

3. Connect with key LD backers
    a. Approach top 6 individually by May
    b. Secure public support of previous LD backers

4. Show bona fides on key LD issues
    a. Interventions on Electoral Reform
    i. Westminster Hall or Adjornment debate led by a TIG member
    ii.Op-Ed on a LD online platform
    iii TIG EDM
    b. Highlight interventions of TIG members on civil liberties issues
    i. Example – Shaminma Begum

5. Advertise public pledges of support by LD members/activists
    a. Highlight any LD councillors supporting TIG/NP
    b. Draw attention to any ex-LD PPCs joining TIG/NP
    c. Encourage LD public figures to advocate transferring to TIG/NP

6. Where appropriate, TIG and LD MPs to co-operate publicly on certain issues
    a. Brexit – CU/AS/GS fortnightly working group?
    b. Mental Health – LB and NL etc