View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Up and up we go...

BREX: 30% (+2)
    LAB: 21% (-1)
    CON: 13% (-)
    LDEM: 10% (+3)
    CHUK: 9% (-1)
    GRN: 9% (-1)
    UKIP: 4% (-1)

via @Yougov, 29 - 30 Apr

and now bring on that Peterborough by-election on June 6th...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit...-brexit-party/

Happy days.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Up and up we go...

BREX: 30% (+2)
    LAB: 21% (-1)
    CON: 13% (-)
    LDEM: 10% (+3)
    CHUK: 9% (-1)
    GRN: 9% (-1)
    UKIP: 4% (-1)

via @Yougov, 29 - 30 Apr

and now bring on that Peterborough by-election on June 6th...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit...-brexit-party/

Happy days.
    It'll be interesting to see if the polls carry over into the election result.

Love that headline "Nigel Farage says he’s too busy to become an MP in Peterborough by-election". Yeah... too busy... of course he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Love that headline "Nigel Farage says he’s too busy to become an MP in Peterborough by-election". Yeah... too busy... of course he is.
    Also possibly scared of losing again to a man dressed in a dolphin costume

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Little England being little england with skewed poll results.
    What do you think is skewed about the poll?

Because they probably only questioned certain area's of people with certain backgrounds tbh you'd never get a completely accurate polling unless you make it mandatory for every single person in the UK to vote in that poll therefore a majority of these polls are skewed and will never give a true picture of what people really want.
    Did they? Looking through their data, they have a good spread of people from all over the country, political allegiance, leave/remain, gender and age groups as well from both ABC1 and C2DE social groups.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...Trackers_w.pdf

You do not need to poll every single person in order to get a true picture of public opinion and quite frankly there is nothing wrong or skewed with the poll.

Well whatever once farage wins he'll wiggle into his hole again and let the stupid country destroy themselves while he makes money off of their stupidity, he'll only come out once he finds another way to exploit you idiots again.
    I'm sorry what does this have to do with anything I have written? And what's with the "you idiots"?

Every idiot that has voted and still believes in farage even though time and time again he's lied and fled... I have no faith in a single soul who votes for that rat in that country and they deserve what they end up with.
    Again, what does this have to with anything I've written? I simply commented on the validity of a poll, which you clearly did not understand, and now you're calling people idiots and ranting about Farage?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    and now you're calling people idiots and ranting about Farage?!?
    People that vote for Farage are either very badly misinformed or idiots, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    People that vote for Farage are either very badly misinformed or idiots, to be fair.
    Now I'm not sure if you're making an intelligent and nuanced argument that Farage does not sufficiently oppose globalism nor censorship to be a viable political force and that his presence is only splitting the Brexit majority vote, or if you're just another pro-EU millennial cretin.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Now I'm not sure if you're making an intelligent and nuanced argument that Farage does not sufficiently oppose globalism nor censorship to be a viable political force and that his presence is only splitting the Brexit majority vote, or if you're just another pro-EU millennial cretin.
    The EU is not a democracy. The commission is entirely unelected, the president is unelected
    One of the 28 is the Commission President, proposed by the European Council and elected by the European Parliament. The Council of the European Union then nominates the other 27 members of the Commission in agreement with the nominated President, and the 28 members as a single body are then subject to a vote of approval by the European Parliament.
    And here we have a Farage / UKIP voter to prove the point being made.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-02 at 03:22 PM.

Likely Dribbles and mr dupesalot.

Given the existence of the House of Lords I've never quite understood how Brits can get themselves to complain about the Commission being this horribly undemocratic entity. Unless of course it is based on the notion that undemocratic means: "The UK cannot unilaterally control this" as has been implied from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    Given the existence of the House of Lords I've never quite understood how Brits can get themselves to complain about the Commission being this horribly undemocratic entity. Unless of course it is based on the notion that undemocratic means: "The UK cannot unilaterally control this" as has been implied from time to time.
    Anyone complaining about the EU being undemocratic has a lot to learn about how Parliament in the UK operates. We had a chance back in 2010 to change that system, and people overwhelmingly said "We can't be fucked" so the idea that the any Brexit leave vote was one based on a desire to take back control of our sovereignty just smacks of "Basically I'm a bit of a cunt who doesn't like non-British people, but this excuse sounds much more palatable to admit in public so I'll tout it everywhere despite how hollow it really is after a moments investigation".

Mainly because after the weeks of "Leave voters are a bunch of racists" this was the popoular excuse for voting leave. "Muh sovereignty". Okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    Welcome to the British perspective. That is exactly why they think it's undemocratic. See, the main problem is that other nations get a say, too. And Britons never shall be slaves... or something. Cooperation to them means you duck when they shoot into the crowd with a machine gun. Literally, worst misunderstanding in Indian history.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Farage is actually uniting Brexit voters, not splitting them, and this is a huge problem for May & co.

What will you be voting in the EP elections? UKIP? BNP?

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Anyone complaining about the EU being undemocratic has a lot to learn about how Parliament in the UK operates. We had a chance back in 2010 to change that system, and people overwhelmingly said "We can't be fucked" so the idea that the any Brexit leave vote was one based on a desire to take back control of our sovereignty just smacks of "Basically I'm a bit of a cunt who doesn't like non-British people, but this excuse sounds much more palatable to admit in public so I'll tout it everywhere despite how hollow it really is after a moments investigation".

Mainly because after the weeks of "Leave voters are a bunch of racists" this was the popoular excuse for voting leave. "Muh sovereignty". Okay.
    It is possible to believe the eu and Westminster are undemocratic. In fact that is the majority position amongst the British electorate.

I think you are referring to the 2010 alternative vote referendum. I had very mixed feelings about that referendum. On the one hand it would have brought about a fairer system. On the other a) it was a terrible mess caused by compromises and didn't really approach proportional representation's fairness and b) it was designed to help the liberal democrats stay in power forever. Given that the LD's had explicitly lied their way into government and betrayed all their voters I wasn't going to endorse that so I voted against it: as did most people.

As a result we didn't get a slightly fairer electoral system: on the other people who are considering lying through their f***ing teeth and betraying their own voters to get on in politics are unlikely to be encouraged by Nick Clegg's example. (Before Slant, who is terminally clueless, inevitably says something here about Farage and Boris Johnson, I should point out that both never betray their own audience of twats. They give them exactly what they want, which is mostly casual and petty racism. )

- - - Updated - - -

You kind of proved his point there. And I am guessing you still don't understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by starwalp View Post
    It is possible to believe the eu and Westminster are undemocratic. In fact that is the majority position amongst the British electorate.
    Yes, and your point is? It’s possible to believe in God. It’s possible to believe the earth is flat.

Given that the LD's had explicitly lied their way into government and betrayed all their voters I wasn't going to endorse that so I voted against it: as did most people.
    No. The Lib Dems did not lie their way into government nor did they betray their voters. This is explicitly & comprehensively untrue.

The truth is: a LD-Lab coalition was unworkable. The LDs were in a coalition with the Tories and stopped the worst excesses of Cameron's first ministry.

- The allocation of 0.7% of GDP to International Development, both in practice and as law
    - The raising of the Income Tax personal allowance from £6475 to £10,600
    - Steve Webb delivered the “triple lock” on the State Pension
    - Nick Clegg saw through the pupil premium of (eventually) £1320 per primary school child and £935 for secondary children to reduce the attainment gap in England and Wales
    - A £2.5 billion banking levy
    - Free school meals for infant-school children and in the first three years in primary school in England
    - Vince Cable vetoed a proposed “fire-at-will” employment law
    - Stopping welfare cuts and ensuring benefits kept up with inflation
    - Same sex marriage legislation
    - 15 hours free child care for disadvantaged children
    - Prohibition of the export of chemicals to where it is known they may be used to carry out the death penalty
    - 5p charge on plastic bags.

I think you are referring to the 2010 alternative vote referendum.
    It was half that, and half that the current system seems to be "vote for a party who bow to what a group of about 5 people decide" rather than the democracy "as advertised" (you vote for an individual who represents your local needs in parliament). And for so long everyone grew up in the former and doesn't seem to question it as "how things should be". But this is all leagues over my head really, but peoples acceptance of the "politics" of it all is pretty pessimistic or cynical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    No. The Lib Dems did not lie their way into government nor did they betray their voters. This is explicitly & comprehensively untrue.
    That's certainly not the way every one of my former LibDem voting friends felt after 2010 - something something tuition fees something... (Granted they would have been of an age where university would have been recent memory). Maybe not so much the lying into government but the betrayal part seems spot on. You could argue that there were no alternatives for them at the time or that the feeling of betrayal is ultimately unjustified; but that ship very much has sailed...
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    That's certainly not the way every one of my former LibDem voting friends felt after 2010 - something something tuition fees something... (Granted they would have been of an age where university would have been recent memory). Maybe not so much the lying into government but the betrayal part seems spot on. You could argue that there were no alternatives for them at the time or that the feeling of betrayal is ultimately unjustified; but that ship very much has sailed...
    Sure - but what choice did they have? They were in coalition. They won some battles and lost others. But, yep, that ship sailed and Cameron had his second ministry (with a Tory majority) and wasn't that a wonderful thing!

There's a certain amount of cutting off of noses to spite faces on the centre left. I've always thought this. Who was the real enemy for all the LD voters who ditched them in 2015? Did they go back to voting Labour? Coz that didn't work, did it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Sure - but what choice did they have? They were in coalition. They won some battles and lost others. But, yep, that ship sailed and Cameron had his second ministry (with a Tory majority) and wasn't that a wonderful thing!

There's a certain amount of cutting off of noses to spite faces on the centre left. I've always thought this. Who was the real enemy for all the LD voters who ditched them in 2015? Did they go back to voting Labour? Coz that didn't work, did it.
    I mean, I don't get the idea that just because LD were unable to enact their manifesto due to being the small end of a coalition, suddenly people had to abandon the principles that lead them to vote Lib Dem in the first place but that's probably because I see things as too simplistic. Sure they failed to get their cap or freeze or removal of tuition fees through (or w/e the precise issue there was) but does that suddenly mean that one changes their personal politics to support another party? Confused me, anyway.

So yeah, nit-wits the lot of them, disappointed or otherwise imo.