View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Everyone but the Cons wants a GE atm, which is a great argument for saying we wont be seeing one lol but every party seems to be setting their boards to fight one soon, including the Cons (hence trying desperately to ditch May). Then if Brexit is still an issue in 2 years time then it won't matter whats going on or who represents Peterborough in Parliament because Brexit will still be eating up all the bandwidth and the MP for Peterborough won't be able to help their constituency anyway unless MPs have some sweeping powers I'm unaware of whilst in their constituencies so it's moot.
    I would not be so sure that Lab are as keen behind the scenes as they are in public for a GE especially after they not only failed to capitalise on the appalling showing from the Cons in the locals but actually managed to lose councillors compared to Miliband's previous poor showing. Add in Farage sniffing around leave constituencies and there is even more danger for the main two that they will lose more than they gain by calling a GE.

True but I'd like Remain factions to start working together and right now they aren't.
    It's only an election for one seat out of 650. Wait until there is something more substantial to fight for before becoming too pessimistic and writing them off.

True but I'd like Remain factions to start working together and right now they aren't.
    They were working together in Peterborough, until Labour decided to prevent their candidate from standing.

Sadly as with most things remain at the moment, TIG seem to be getting shit for something they have limited or no control over.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-09 at 06:23 PM.

Femi Oluwole, the potential independent Peterborough candidate, reveals that he decided not to stand as it ran the risk of taking votes from Lab.

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1126537699203137537

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    How do they achieve that? They put the UK chequebook away and say toodlepip to the EU, job done.
    Are general elections again or how are they supposed to achieve that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    A WTO Brexit
    sound like a major loss for UK economy.

I know I've got some mentions to respond to and I intend to but I'm watching Brexit:Behind Closed Doors atm and it's fascinating and I just want to chime in with some of it so far.

Davis met with the EU every 6 months.

When Raab first met with Barnier he tried to play hard ball and said that if there was a border between NI and RoI it would be entirely the fault of the EU. Barnier responded by telling him that if this was Britain's position then he will tell this to the EU Parliament and Commission and then they will stop the negotiations. Raab promptly folded.

Verhofstadt currently losing his shit over what happened with WA votes and the sheer incompetence of it all.

Before MVII May sent an incomprehensible Unilateral Declaration to Verhofstadt that she hoped would strengthen her position is met broadly with derision. Verhofstadt christens it "the shit declaration". No wonder we never heard of it.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2019-05-09 at 08:54 PM.

Before MVII May sent an incomprehensible Unilateral Declaration to Verhofstadt that she hoped would strengthen her position is met broadly with derision. Verhofstadt christens it "the shit declaration". No wonder we never heard of it.
    We did hear about it - it wasn't enough (obviously - as they pointed out, nothing is really there) to let her win the second vote.

But yes, the program was great and depressing at the same time, you have to feel bad for the people on the EU side who spent that amount of time dealing with the variety of shitty UK attitudes to this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    We did hear about it - it wasn't enough (obviously - as they pointed out, nothing is really there) to let her win the second vote.

But yes, the program was great and depressing at the same time, you have to feel bad for the people on the EU side who spent that amount of time dealing with the variety of shitty UK attitudes to this whole thing.
    Did we really? I was following pretty intently but obviously not enough or I would of been on here laughing at it. But yeah, I was struck by how compassionate Barnier was when he spoke about respecting the views of the British people, seems like a stand up guy. Feel the same way about the whole negotiating team that we saw really, serious people actually trying to implement the referendum on our behalf rather than a group set up to try and destroy the UK.

Right, on to the backlog!

- - - Updated - - -

They were working together in Peterborough, until Labour decided to prevent their candidate from standing.

Sadly as with most things remain at the moment, TIG seem to be getting shit for something they have limited or no control over.
    Is that how it's unfolded? Reading the BBC now it seems the candidate didn't want to snipe Labour votes but it all looks pretty messy and convoluted right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I would not be so sure that Lab are as keen behind the scenes as they are in public for a GE especially after they not only failed to capitalise on the appalling showing from the Cons in the locals but actually managed to lose councillors compared to Miliband's previous poor showing. Add in Farage sniffing around leave constituencies and there is even more danger for the main two that they will lose more than they gain by calling a GE.
    A GE right now would be disastrous for both Lab and Con, no argument there. I just don't see how anything gets passed without a fundamental change in the arithmetic of Parliament.

It's only an election for one seat out of 650. Wait until there is something more substantial to fight for before becoming too pessimistic and writing them off.
    Fair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I thought this was an interesting read relating to the Brexit Party.

Anecdotal? Sure. Reassuring for a political party? Not at all. Doesn't seem to be an isolated incident, either.
    Wow, so they have real life Brown Shirts? Or will it be Blue Shirts?

Did we really?
    Yes

Is that how it's unfolded? Reading the BBC now it seems the candidate didn't want to snipe Labour votes but it all looks pretty messy and convoluted right now.
    A remain candidate vs brexit candidate obviously only works if no other credible candidates are standing - Labour having no intention of losing their candidate + People's Vote having a large number of Labour backers involved was always going to create situations like this, sadly.

A GE right now would be disastrous for both Lab and Con, no argument there. I just don't see how anything gets passed without a fundamental change in the arithmetic of Parliament.
    An early GE will not happen without some sort of consensus between Con and Lab.

But would a GE really change the parliamentary arithmetic? Would a divided country return anything other than a divided parliament?

- - - Updated - - -

Farage on the ropes! Go, Man in Question Time audience!

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you watching the same program as me? If there were an audience clap-o-meter are you seriously saying Farage hasn't got the biggest cheers?

Anyhow, Andrew Neil and This Week next...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Since the parties in the EU elections won't be tactical about remain voting here is a small sight to help voters

https://www.remainvoter.com

Also in regards to QT I can't remember the last time I watched that, has the general intelligence of the audience gone up in last few years or is it still 90% insanity with the lone sane voice?

That's from November and it's about the PD, but your Reuters link had the full word salad in it so you can stop hammering me. :P

A remain candidate vs brexit candidate obviously only works if no other credible candidates are standing - Labour having no intention of losing their candidate + People's Vote having a large number of Labour backers involved was always going to create situations like this, sadly.
    Fair. Still disappointed though.

- - - Updated - - -

An early GE will not happen without some sort of consensus between Con and Lab.

But would a GE really change the parliamentary arithmetic? Would a divided country return anything other than a divided parliament?
    I think this is the future tbh, increasingly small majorities. But that only emphasises the need for electoral reform if FPTP can't deliver what it's meant to.

There I was explicitly choosing to forgo QT this week because I didn't think it would be good for the blood pressure having to watch an hour of Mr Toad. Got any highlights for us?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Since the parties in the EU elections won't be tactical about remain voting here is a small sight to help voters

https://www.remainvoter.com
    Brilliant. Also hilarious describing Labour Seats as "Schrodingers seats".

That's from November and it's about the PD, but your Reuters link had the full word salad in it so you can stop hammering me. :P
    Oh sorry, wrong link

There I was explicitly choosing to forgo QT this week because I didn't think it would be good for the blood pressure having to watch an hour of Mr Toad. Got any highlights for us?
    Anna Soubry pointing out that Farage claimed before and during the referendum campaign that we can be like Norway, be like Switzerland. Farage denying this and claiming that his position before and throughout the referendum was that no deal is better than a bad deal and a WTO brexit would always be the best outcome for the UK.

2 seconds googling finds two videos that word for word prove Anna's point (because its true), I'm guessing @dribbles will fail to find any evidence to support the racist twat's claim (because its a blatant lie) so he won't even try and will laugh and joke about it instead. No prizes for guessing who the audience clapped and cheered for, and no prizes for guessing if Question Time pointed out that one statement was true and one statement was a lie.

Also an Italian doctor fighting back tears while trying to explain how fucked the UK GP system is, while Farage and the other leave twat on the panel make derogatory comments about the UK "being shamed into accepting" migrant doctors and nurses who dare to choose to come to the UK to work.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-10 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

Also in regards to QT I can't remember the last time I watched that, has the general intelligence of the audience gone up in last few years or is it still 90% insanity with the lone sane voice?
    It is mostly middle-class neo-liberal twats like yourself, I guess that's what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by fathwathalp View Post
    It is mostly middle-class neo-liberal twats like yourself, I guess that's what you mean.
    That explains the horrifically large amount of cheering and clapping whenever Farage opened his racist mouth, all those middle class neo liberal twats who still think Brexit is a great idea.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-09 at 11:39 PM.

Did we really? I was following pretty intently but obviously not enough or I would of been on here laughing at it. But yeah, I was struck by how compassionate Barnier was when he spoke about respecting the views of the British people, seems like a stand up guy. Feel the same way about the whole negotiating team that we saw really, serious people actually trying to implement the referendum on our behalf rather than a group set up to try and destroy the UK.
    I didn't get the impression there was much compassion for the EU for the poor and underprivileged. They seem very keen on austerity and free movement of labour with little regard for the consequences for unskilled labour.

7+ Year Old Account
    That explains the horrifically large amount of cheering and clapping whenever Farage opened his racist mouth, all those middle class neo liberal twats who support Brexit.
    lol someone is upset.

You can watch some of the best bits again here in a few short clips. Relive the moments so to speak.

https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial

Anyhow sorry to say eurochums but this is my last post until after the upcoming elections, I will be very busy until then working in the real world against you and as I can't give my full attention it's better to let you carry on happy back slapping all in it together as your side faces the abyss.

Best of luck to you. You are going to need it...

Keep the home fires burning in my absence and all that,

Tick Tock.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

lol someone is upset.
    Stating facts makes me upset?

How's your video of Nigel Farage saying no deal is better than a bad deal from before or during the referendum coming along?

Oh never mind, you are doing a Farage and running away, guess no answer for me then

Tick Tock.

I will be very busy until then working in the real world against you.
    Literally, he’s a Russian agent.

He’s on his way here.

/quakes