View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's not just Europe. Honestly the final straw was finding out about Corbyn writing the forward in the Anti semetic book and calling it great. (In before the man with 100001 dupe accounts trying to spin it as not anti semetic).
    1902 book called "Imperialism: A Study"

...remind me, which Jewish empires were active at the time?

Contemporary notes about empires at the time are mostly interesting from historical perspective; and sure, plenty of authors back then were anti-semitic - plenty of countries had limits on where jewish people could live or where they could work. It's 1902...
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2019-05-14 at 08:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    1902 book called "Imperialism: A Study"

...remind me, which Jewish empires were active at the time?

Contemporary notes about empires at the time are mostly interesting from historical perspective; and sure, plenty of authors back then were anti-semitic - plenty of countries had limits on where jewish people could live or where they could work. It's 1902...
    The racist remarks are even on the wikipedia page... you could've just looked them up, but instead you chose to butt in and make a fool out of yourself, as per usual.

Also, excusing racism is generally a bad idea, unless you want to be viewed as a racist, then it's really good, well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The racist remarks are even on the wikipedia page... you could've just looked them up, but instead you chose to butt in and make a fool out of yourself, as per usual.
    Checked wiki, it doesn't look out of the line for that period at all. Just typical stereotyping.

Also, excusing racism is generally a bad idea, unless you want to be viewed as a racist, then it's really good, well done.
    How do you excuse racism by giving foreword to a book that primarily studies imperialism and capitalism?

Did Corbyn supported anti-semitic views in that particular foreword or what?

15+ Year Old Account
    Checked wiki, it doesn't look out of the line for that period at all. Just typical stereotyping.
    That doesn't make it not racist.

How do you excuse racism by giving foreword to a book that primarily studies imperialism and capitalism?

Did Corbyn supported anti-semitic views in that particular foreword or what?
    I was talking about you.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

That doesn't make it not racist.
    Are you going to accuse Newton of being religious too?

I was talking about you.
    Where do i excuse racism though? It was one of prevailing opinions at the time.

That doesn't mean everything else from same times/authors has no value at all. Normal people can separate observations (still useful) and opinions, as well as see where the author is holding position that was refuted later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Then Germany is being very silly? Don't get to say that often lol.

Last accident I had, very minor bump, exchanged details and went our separate ways within 5 mins. Absolutely no need for the police.

Fair play though, we just can't afford that level of attention from the Police, with all the austerity they are struggling to even do the basics atm.
    In this case one vehicle was written off and both occupants (a toddler and his father) were taken to hospital to be checked over.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I read through that article and I have to ask, what exactly are you expecting from Labour?
    I can't speak for Nigel but Labours Quantum Brexit stance is pissing everyone off on both sides of the fence. Remainers don't trust Corbyn to actually go through with a People's Vote and Leavers don't trust Labour to deliver Brexit because we still haven't Brexited.

Labour were always going to lose voters on one side over Brexit but the current strategy is costing them both now. Looking at the locals a solidly Remain Labour party of picked up an extra 1300 Councillors, instead they lost 70 odd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    In this case one vehicle was written off and both occupants (a toddler and his father) were taken to hospital to be checked over.
    The article I read said no one was injured and the Police are not investigating. It certainly confirms Farage is a twat but it isn't a crime to have an accident(and it would be his driver that is culpable, Farage was a passenger) and if a statement was needed it can always be given later if the Police do decide to investigate.

Now stop making me pseudo defend Farage please!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Now stop making me pseudo defend Farage please!
    You'll come around in the end and it will be natural, always nice to be on the winning side...

But a quick update eurochums, campaigning going well thanks for asking, yougov released only yesterday but fieldwork almost a week old, likely improved figures for pro Brexit parties by now. Don't forget these figures are historical...

For Brexit = BXP+Lab+Con+UKIP = 63%
    For Remain = LibDem+Green+CUK = 31%
    Don't knows = 6/7%

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics..._VI_9_May_2019

Perhaps it was the Verhofstadt bounce after last weeks visit, let's hope he comes over again!

Busy busy, looking forward to squeezing the remain vote to under 25% by the weekend. Odds on Farage as next PM now down to 12/1 from 100/1 a month ago, closing in on Corbyn who is 6/1.

Just keeping ya posted and good luck, not sure that will be enough now though, I'd like to say to you it's still all to play for. But it really isn't.

Not long until Game Over for remain....why not join us now in being on the right side of history?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    why not join us now in being on the right side of history?
    Voting for a party infested with Spiked Online / Revolutionary Communist Party members is being on the right side of history now

Explains why Farage can't remove Claire Fox, I guess - almost as much her party as it is his

Also if you want to be realistic:

No deal: Brexit party + UKIP + Conservative nutters = 34% + 3% + 4%
    May's deal: Conservative loyalists + Labour nutters = 4% + 6%
    2nd ref/revoke: Conservative realists + Labour + Lib Dems + Greens + TIG + SNP + Plaid Cymru = 2% + 10% + 15% + 11% + 5% + 3% + 2%

Which looks like:
    No deal = 41%
    May's deal = 10%
    2nd ref/revoke = 48%

So happy days I guess?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-14 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Voting for a party infested with Spiked Online / Revolutionary Communist Party members is being on the right side of history now

Explains why Farage can't remove Claire Fox, I guess - almost as much her party as it is his

Also if you want to be realistic:

No deal: Brexit party + UKIP + Conservative nutters = 34% + 3% + 4%
    May's deal: Conservative loyalists + Labour nutters = 4% + 6%
    2nd ref/revoke: Conservative realists + Labour + Lib Dems + Greens + TIG + SNP + Plaid Cymru = 2% + 10% + 15% + 11% + 5% + 3% + 2%

Which looks like:
    No deal = 41%
    May's deal = 10%
    2nd ref/revoke = 48%

So happy days I guess?
    I dont read the mental gymnastics dribbles tend to come up with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you going to accuse Newton of being religious too?
    What do you mean by accuse? Are you saying his racist remarks wheren't racist?

Where do i excuse racism though? It was one of prevailing opinions at the time.
    Why ask a question when you answer it immediatly?

Is Corbyn from 1902? No?

Let's see if you can connect the dots.

That doesn't mean everything else from same times/authors has no value at all. Normal people can separate observations (still useful) and opinions, as well as see where the author is holding position that was refuted later.
    You of all shouldn't talk about normal people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    I dont read the mental gymnastics dribbles tend to come up with.
    Why not? They are pretty funny most of the time.

Is Corbyn from 1902? No?

You of all shouldn't talk about normal people.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not? They are pretty funny most of the time.
    but frustrating if you want to be an adult and show him the error of his ways

You're essentially saying that because Newton was religious, and pretty much no modern scientist is, we should discard everything Newton did.

...it is a point to show how ridiculous it is to focus on single aspect of anyone's work.

Is Corbyn from 1902? No?
    The book is though. Some insights on imperialism there are still relevant.

Are you completely unable to separate racism from anything else there? Racism isn't even main topic...
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2019-05-14 at 02:40 PM.

You're essentially saying that because Newton was religious, and pretty much no modern scientist is, we should discard everything Newton did.

...it is a point to show how ridiculous it is to focus on single aspect of anyone's work.

Are you completely unable to separate racism from anything else there? Racism isn't even main topic...
    The book states that all of the reasons behind it is because of Jews. Stating that "by men of a single and peculiar race, who have behind them many centuries of financial experience." going on saying "are in a unique position to control the policy of nations." in essence the book is saying the Jews control everything. Corbyn called this book brilliant when it was clearly an attack on jews for being the push behind the imperialism ventures of european powers. If you fail to see this then you're either blind or basically anti semitic yourself and trying to hand waive it away.

There's been a problem with antisemitism in the Labour party since Corbyn took over. At first even I brushed it off as basically people just being antimilliband (former labour leader who is a Jew) but it's clearly not that. Corbyn and many around him have had too many coincidences for it to be just a smear. There's something wrong in his inner circle. Some of which have shown to have links with putin.

15+ Year Old Account

You have no clue what you're talking about none, either that or you're apologizing for racist remarks.

Take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    What did Siberia ever do to you?

But yes, you're not wrong.
    It threatened us last year with a small dose of the weather it gets. If that's not reason enough to get revenge I don't know what is? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The book states that all of the reasons behind it is because of Jews. Stating that "by men of a single and peculiar race, who have behind them many centuries of financial experience." going on saying "are in a unique position to control the policy of nations." in essence the book is saying the Jews control everything. Corbyn called this book brilliant when it was clearly an attack on jews for being the push behind the imperialism ventures of european powers. If you fail to see this then you're either blind or basically anti semitic yourself and trying to hand waive it away.
    Well, there are plenty of people with financial experience of other races nowadays.

Today take-away point from that book shouldn't be who is doing it (because that is both outdated by 100+ years and, potentially, anti-semitic), but how and why they do it. And that particular logic didn't necessarily change much.

There's been a problem with antisemitism in the Labour party since Corbyn took over. At first even I brushed it off as basically people just being antimilliband (former labour leader who is a Jew) but it's clearly not that. Corbyn and many around him have had too many coincidences for it to be just a smear. There's something wrong in his inner circle. Some of which have shown to have links with putin.
    No, you just keep smearing and at some point people start thinking "too many, there is probably something behind it all".

Exactly the same thing happened with jews over decades that led to Hitler's "final solution" - smears and propaganda until they were seen as utterly undesirable - including by other countries like US and UK that refused to accept them from Germany.

No, you just keep smearing and at some point people start thinking "too many, there is probably something behind it all".

Exactly the same thing happened with jews over decades that led to Hitler's "final solution" - smears and propaganda until they were seen as utterly undesirable - including by other countries like US and UK that refused to accept them from Germany.
    You're a bit behind the times, really.

Labour has already admitted the problem and started dealing with it. All credit to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Corbyn
    I acknowledge there is a real problem of antisemitism that Labour is working to overcome
    Deny, deny, deny doesn't really work when the accused has actually accepted guilt?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Downing Street 10 gave us a bone to chew on:

This evening the prime minister met the leader of the oppositions in the House of Commons to make clear our determination to bring the talks to a conclusion and deliver on the referendum result to leave the EU.

We will therefore be bringing forward the withdrawal agreement bill in the week beginning June 3. It is imperative we do so then if the UK is to leave the EU before the summer parliamentary recess.

Talks this evening between the prime minister and the leader of the opposition were both useful and constructive. Tomorrow talks will continue at an official level as we seek the stable majority in parliament that will ensure the safe passage of the withdrawal agreement bill and the UK\s swift exist from the EU.

Source: Guardian

as if they were ready to vote on Brexit....

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Downing Street 10 gave us a bone to chew on:

This evening the prime minister met the leader of the oppositions in the House of Commons to make clear our determination to bring the talks to a conclusion and deliver on the referendum result to leave the EU.

We will therefore be bringing forward the withdrawal agreement bill in the week beginning June 3. It is imperative we do so then if the UK is to leave the EU before the summer parliamentary recess.

Talks this evening between the prime minister and the leader of the opposition were both useful and constructive. Tomorrow talks will continue at an official level as we seek the stable majority in parliament that will ensure the safe passage of the withdrawal agreement bill and the UK\s swift exist from the EU.

Source: Guardian

as if they were ready to vote on Brexit....
    So, in essence, this is now the real crunch point? First week of June?

Much popcorn will be munched.