View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Your figures are completely wrong.

I accept as fact your 17 (and a bit) million people voted for Brexit however the total electorate is not 47 million.

A third of that 47 million people voluntarily opt out of the electorate by consciously choosing not to vote. If you don't vote you don't count. So at the 2017 General Election with a 68% turnout the total electorate was 32,336,000. (ish)

I was quite correct in saying 17 million brexit voters are a majority of that 32 million.

It gets even worse for you if you calculate it as 85% of voters at the last election voted for parties with a manifesto to deliver the result of the referendum and Brexit.

My advice, stop digging that hole.
    Ah, so when you said "electorate" I was supposed to understand that meant "what dribbles has decided electorate means" as opposed to what it actually means. I hold my hands up to that, I missed that subtlety. So as well as deciding what votes we have to respect and what can be ignored, you are now deciding whose vote means anything as well? Pretty fascist of you, as is your won't.

Pretty pathetic even by your low standards dribbles. I would love to say I expect better of you, but this is pretty much as good as I see it getting for you.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Ah, so when you said "electorate" I was supposed to understand that meant "what dribbles has decided electorate means" as opposed to what it actually means. I hold my hands up to that, I missed that subtlety. So as well as deciding what votes we have to respect and what can be ignored, you are now deciding whose vote means anything as well? Pretty fascist of you, as is your won't.

Pretty pathetic even by your low standards dribbles. I would love to say I expect better of you, but this is pretty much as good as I see it getting for you.
    I'm not deciding anything. You in your typical remain high handed way have decided that people who choose not to elect are a part of the electorate. They are not, they have chosen not to be by non participation.

Worse you probably assume by choosing not to vote they count as remain votes! Two can play that game if you like, I say they are all brexiteers, how will we ever know?

Let's stick to the facts shall we? Which are 17 million of the 32 million who chose to vote at the last general election were pro brexit.

A majority in anyones book.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

The worst thing about this is that May was told about this problem in advance, and she was told how to prevent it, but she actively choose not to.
    Thus we must conclude that denying EU citizens their right to vote was her express intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The worst thing about this is that May was told about this problem in advance, and she was told how to prevent it, but she actively choose not to.
    Thus we must conclude that denying EU citizens their right to vote was her express intention.
    Well, probably not the intent, but she certainly accepted the possibility. Enough to hold her liable for this disaster to democracy. Shame on them. Losing more respect with each episode in this circus show.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Well, probably not the intent, but she certainly accepted the possibility. Enough to hold her liable for this disaster to democracy. Shame on them. Losing more respect with each episode in this circus show.
    She was warned well in advance that this would definitively happen and was presented with a solution, she chose not to implement it despite having the power and ability to do so.

Let's stick to the facts shall we? Which are 17 million of the 32 million who chose to vote at the last general election were pro brexit.
    We all know your dictionary is broken dribbles, but do you have to prove it so often? How exactly can you prove the "fact" that 17m who voted at the last GE were pro-Brexit? Bearing in mind that it wasn't a vote on a single issue? Claivoyance on an industrial scale? Or just plain old making shit up and calling it a fact?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I'm not deciding anything. You in your typical remain high handed way have decided that people who choose not to elect are a part of the electorate. They are not, they have chosen not to be by non participation.

Worse you probably assume by choosing not to vote they count as remain votes! Two can play that game if you like, I say they are all brexiteers, how will we ever know?

A majority in anyones book.
    Why do you assume they all wanted a no-deal brexit?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    We all know your dictionary is broken dribbles, but do you have to prove it so often? How exactly can you prove the "fact" that 17m who voted at the last GE were pro-Brexit? Bearing in mind that it wasn't a vote on a single issue? Claivoyance on an industrial scale? Or just plain old making shit up and calling it a fact?
    I was being kind to you. In fact 85% of the 32 million electorate at the last GE voted for supposedly pro Brexit, according to their manifesto, parties ie 27 million. A super majority if ever I saw one. The minute they got passed the election they both tore up those manifestos. Is it any wonder the BXP don't have one and don't need one?

In other news Theresa is off on June 10th, or is she, but let the games begin! I wonder how PM Johnson will get on with the EU...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I was being kind to you. In fact 85% of the 32 million electorate at the last GE voted for supposedly pro Brexit, according to their manifesto, parties ie 27 million. A super majority if ever I saw one. The minute they got passed the election they both tore up those manifestos. Is it any wonder the BXP don't have one and don't need one?

In other news Theresa is off on June 10th, or is she, but let the games begin! I wonder how PM Johnson will get on with the EU...
    Using FPTP to present some kind of trend is just as fucked up as the rest of your drivel. I thought it was worth pointing this out, everything else... hot air.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Did they do a voting then? When do we know who did a win?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Very late on Sunday, or Monday morning.

Your main fallacy is that the form Brexit should take is universally agreed.
    Your vision of a hard brexit is definitely not shared by the majority, let alone a fraction of it.
    Congratulations, you got a majority of one trick ponies MEP's elected. They will not show up in EP sessions, and they will not bother to vote on anything. You'll just have Nigel ranting in plenaries now and then but not actually doing anything.
    Check his voting record over the years. He didn't oppose anything overall. He just didn't show up. If you are bothered by sending "vasts amount of monies to the EU", you should be outraged at the idea of giving this scarecrow more than 1000 pounds a year.
    Those guys might help achieve your goal in the commons, but they will just be drowned in the European parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Your main fallacy is that the form Brexit should take is universally agreed.
    Your vision of a hard brexit is definitely not shared by the majority, let alone a fraction of it.
    Congratulations, you got a majority of one trick ponies MEP's elected. They will not show up in EP sessions, and they will not bother to vote on anything. You'll just have Nigel ranting in plenaries now and then but not actually doing anything.
    Check his voting record over the years. He didn't oppose anything overall. He just didn't show up. If you are bothered by sending "vasts amount of monies to the EU", you should be outraged at the idea of giving this scarecrow more than 1000 pounds a year.
    Those guys might help achieve your goal in the commons, but they will just be drowned in the European parliament.
    Not only that, but remember how Brexiteer politicians were crying crocodile tears over how the EU has treated British fishermen (I mean, how DARE the EU make sure those fishermen have a job in 2019 when they would happily have removed every last fish from the Atlantic by the end of the 80s if the fishing quotas hadn't been established)?

Guess who has been on the EU Fisheries Committee for the last decade and pretty much never showed his face at a meeting. I'll give you a clue, his first name is Nigel.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-05-23 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Not just for the UK, but for the whole of the EU. Brexit has rattled quite a few people and I wouldn't be surprised if voter turnout has increased after this election.
    Should be fucking mandatory like in Australia.

Except that isn't what happens at all.

People vote on party lines because there are only two parties with a chance at getting in government.
    What each one says they will do is irrelevant because the overwhelming majority of people vote to prevent the other side from getting into power.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2019-05-23 at 11:53 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Voting in some countries began today, the last countries (Germany and Greece are two of them) will do voting on Sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Should be fucking mandatory like in Australia.
    I'm not sure what's better. The Australians I talked to about this said that they had a huge problem with invalid ballots. Like, dick drawings on ballots would probably be PM if they ever found a dick shaped candidate. :P

So it's looking like today is the day the Maybot, the Opportunity Rover of British politics, sets it's departure date. I've been a harsh critic, I've loathed every second of every speech she's ever made. Her plan to push the WA through Parliament pushed the envelope of acceptable Parliamentary procedure to the limit and was always, ultimately, doomed to fail. I despise her politics and how she has tried to solve Brexit by placing party over country at every turn and she will forever be a contender for the worst PM in our history.

And even saying all this, she is still in all likelihood a more palatable PM than any of the human simulacra that will replace her next month. God help us all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Except that isn't what happens at all.

People vote on party lines because there are only two parties with a chance at getting in government.
    What each one says they will do is irrelevant because the overwhelming majority of people vote to prevent the other side from getting into power.
    Were two, now three serious main parties:-

Westminster Voting Intention:

LAB: 26% (-3)
    BXP: 25% (+1)
    CON: 22% (=)
    UKIP: 2% (=)
    Total 75% for Leave

LDM: 12% (+1)
    GRN: 4% (+1)
    CHUK: 2% (-1)
    Total 18% for Remain

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/s...09405127790594

All set for a Brexit party + Conservative dream team of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage coalition going forward...

And thats all on remainers not respecting the original Brexit referendum, so thanks for that remain people.

And bye May, laters....

Were two, now three serious main parties:-

Westminster Voting Intention:

LAB: 26% (-3)
    BXP: 25% (+1)
    CON: 22% (=)
    UKIP: 2% (=)
    Total 75% for Leave

LDM: 12% (+1)
    GRN: 4% (+1)
    CHUK: 2% (-1)
    Total 18% for Remain

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/s...09405127790594

All set for a Brexit party + Conservative dream team of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage coalition going forward...

And thats all on remainers not respecting the original Brexit referendum, so thanks for that remain people.

And bye May, laters....
    You don't get to claim Labour is a Leave party when your own opinion of Brexit is that anything short of WTO isn't Brexit, they want a CU which by your own logic makes them a Remain party.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    You don't get to claim Labour is a Leave party when your own opinion of Brexit is that anything short of WTO isn't Brexit, they want a CU which by your own logic makes them a Remain party.
    Well the Chukkas don't think Corbyn is an avid europhile, otherwise if Labour is for remain what's the point of them?

Well the Chukkas don't think Corbyn is an avid europhile, otherwise if Labour is for remain what's the point of them?
    Corbyn has put Labour in the privileged position of being no things to all men. To Remainers they are tacit endorsers of Leave and to Brexiteer "moderates" such as yourself they are traitors to the good ship Brexit.

The point stands though. You don't get to call them Leavers unless you want to reassess your entire opinion on what is Brexit.