View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Dominic Raab is one of the good guys, I'd probably go for Steve Baker but he hasn't announced he will run. In the end it will boil down to who is best placed to stop Farage, and that's probably Boris.

Especially after the ballot boxes are opened Sunday night and even moreso if, as the bookies believe, the Brexit party wins the Peterborough by-election in a few days time to gain its first, of many, MP's.
    And if they do win that by-election, what stance will they take on the NHS? Or education? Or transport? Or any local issues? Who knows, but the voters sure as hell don't, because the Brexit Party manifesto consists of "magically make a really good Brexit happen by some means we haven't told you yet" and that's it.

I'm happy to call anyone voting in those circumstances ignorant, in the dictionary definition of the word. You vote somebody in blind like that, you deserve everything that you get. You want to fix this country? You start by sorting out the political ignorance of a large swathe of it. Then maybe we will elect a better class of politician, rather than the chancers, liars and con-men infesting the political scene at the moment.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    And if they do win that by-election, what stance will they take on the NHS? Or education? Or transport? Or any local issues? Who knows, but the voters sure as hell don't, because the Brexit Party manifesto consists of "magically make a really good Brexit happen by some means we haven't told you yet" and that's it.

I'm happy to call anyone voting in those circumstances ignorant, in the dictionary definition of the word. You vote somebody in blind like that, you deserve everything that you get. You want to fix this country? You start by sorting out the political ignorance of a large swathe of it. Then maybe we will elect a better class of politician, rather than the chancers, liars and con-men infesting the political scene at the moment.
    Until Brexit is delivered no one cares about the NHS, about education, about transport, about local issues. This is what remainers have done to the UK in their attempts to thwart Brexit and the democratic will of the people.

It could all have been so different if the losers had accepted democracy, but they didn't. Sensible reasonable people tried to get the UK out of the EU, but remain losers stopped them.

It is people like you who must take the blame for what comes now and you are not going to like it one little bit.

Just remember it didn't have to be this way when you next look in the mirror...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Yeah, assuming the DUP continue to be good little mercenaries and toe the Tory line, the incumbent PM would have a majority of 6 in the Commons.
    Good little mercenaries? The DUP should be saluted for what they've done. They have given absolutely no support where it mattered aside in return for at least a billion quid and highlighting the sham that is austerity, the govt will always find money for shit it thinks is important.

Foster should have been in charge of these negotiations lol.

- - - Updated - - -

It could all have been so different if the losers had accepted democracy, but they didn't. Sensible reasonable people tried to get the UK out of the EU, but remain losers stopped them.
    Sensible Remainers such as the ERG who have thwarted Brexit at every turn you mean? You know I'm going to pants you with this every time you make this play right? Give it up.

Until Brexit is delivered no one cares about the NHS, about education, about transport, about local issues. This is what remainers have done to the UK in their attempts to thwart Brexit and the democratic will of the people.
    You heard it here first guys. The breixteers who basically would find themselves happy in the 3rd reich if it spoke english and not german don't care if you die from lack of medicines (well they'll cheer it on because No deal stops us getting needed medication), they don't care if you're not educated (likely cheer it on because the more educated you are the more likely you are to realise how fucked up brexit is and vote remain.), they don't care if you can get to work or not (likely cheer that you can't because if you can't work you're more likely to blame the Poles for "stealing" your job.) or other issues that help local areas (likely want them going to hell because it pushes a nationalist narrative.)

It's the remain guys who want people to have their health, their education, being able to travel and have issues at home dealt with and somehow that's a bad thing.

Don't lie. The utter destruction of your nation is what you wanted, killer. We knew that you never gave a shit about anyone else unless they died for your cause, killer.

Fucking anarchists...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Oh like I said before I left there were huge shortages of medicines and no were could get ahold of them these assholes are so self destructive someone needs to step in and protect them from themselves, but sadly this won't happen... I fucking miss my parents thanks to these short sighted cunts.
    Yeah, I can only imagine the bitterness you have. It's wrong on so many levels.

In other news: I just voted. Anyone still sitting here admiring this thread, get off your fat arse and vote. Because any vote you're not casting is increasing the value of Dribbles' vote. Because bigoted zealots like him definitely voted already.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    You heard it here first guys. The breixteers who basically would find themselves happy in the 3rd reich if it spoke english and not german don't care if you die from lack of medicines (well they'll cheer it on because No deal stops us getting needed medication),
    There was a story doing the rounds about insulin shortages. It didn't seem to have any substantiation to it, suppliers said they had contingency plans in the event of no-deal. I have not heard any indication that medical supplies will be affected.

This is not to say there won't be problems with no-deal. That said I'm not sure the Daily Mail style anti-brexit scaremongering headlines help that cause much. Overstating the case ("the British economy will collapse after the referendum") has worked to the advantage of the Brexit crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    You heard it here first guys. The breixteers who basically would find themselves happy in the 3rd reich if it spoke english and not german don't care if you die from lack of medicines (well they'll cheer it on because No deal stops us getting needed medication), they don't care if you're not educated (likely cheer it on because the more educated you are the more likely you are to realise how fucked up brexit is and vote remain.), they don't care if you can get to work or not (likely cheer that you can't because if you can't work you're more likely to blame the Poles for "stealing" your job.) or other issues that help local areas (likely want them going to hell because it pushes a nationalist narrative.)
    Of course they don't care about those things. They are right-wingers. They care about the nation-state first and foremost. They have no interest in social issues. What did you think they cared about?

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah, I can only imagine the bitterness you have. It's wrong on so many levels.

In other news: I just voted. Anyone still sitting here admiring this thread, get off your fat arse and vote. Because any vote you're not casting is increasing the value of Dribbles' vote. Because bigoted zealots like him definitely voted already.
    Voting done here too. As expected, Germanic efficiency - got the papers weeks ago, no long queue-times, in and out of the polling station in about 2 minutes.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-05-26 at 11:12 AM.

Voting done here too. As expected, Germanic efficiency - got the papers weeks ago, no long queue-times, in and out of the polling station in about 2 minutes.
    You understand why I'm amazed at the concept of queues for voting in the US and other places? And it was right around the corner, too.

Until Brexit is delivered no one cares about the NHS, about education, about transport, about local issues.
    How much do you want to bet on that? Because I'd love to make some easy money tonight lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by wasrathal View Post
    There was a story doing the rounds about insulin shortages. It didn't seem to have any substantiation to it, suppliers said they had contingency plans in the event of no-deal. I have not heard any indication that medical supplies will be affected.
    There's a poster literally saying she experienced medicine shortages herself two posts before you made your post. I mean, do you at least feel a little silly saying what you just said? This isn't hearsay, this is a person that had to leave her country because of this.

At least some of the potential shortages were avoided because the manufacturers started making contingency plans for Brexit over 3 years ago. But since they are paying for it out of their pockets it is probably not the best solution in the long term.

But of course the UK government is stockpiling medication in Belgium in case there is a hard Brexit so you'll all be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You understand why I'm amazed at the concept of queues for voting in the US and other places? And it was right around the corner, too.
    Those queues are by design in most of the South,making voting take as long as possible and holding it during work hours miles away from where most of the district lives means poor people won't take time off work to vote,and since a high percentage of the poor in the South tend to be non white the politicians can get all sorts of discriminatory bullshit passed.

The Tagesschau (German equivalent of BBC1 news) has posted the following projection for Germany (EU Parliament election) after polling stations closed at 18:00:

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/sta...138930688?s=19

A "green wave" rolls over Germany with a fairly massive swing of over 11% to the Greens, minor gains for AfD, FDP and "others". CDU (German Tories) and SPD (German version of "Labour") losing sizeable amounts of votes.

Polling stations remain open in Italy until 23:00, official results are only allowed to be published after then.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-05-26 at 04:36 PM.

Big news: DIE PARTEI gains another seat!

The Tagesschau (German equivalent of BBC1 news) has posted the following projection for Germany (EU Parliament election) after polling stations closed at 18:00:

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/sta...138930688?s=19

A "green wave" rolls over Germany with a fairly massive swing of over 11% to the Greens, minor gains for AfD, FDP and "others". CDU (German Tories) and SPD (German version of "Labour") losing sizeable amounts of votes.

Polling stations remain open in Italy until 23:00, official results are only allowed to be published after then.
    I see, Bavaria's undying loyalty is strong again for CSU.... They can do the shit they want, and get elected every damn time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Len Mccluskey is already on the radio losing his shit claiming that the Labour party members don't want a PV/2ndR.

If he's angry now, lord help him in just over 3 hours.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2019-05-26 at 05:24 PM.

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/sta...64369387638784

Turning our attention back to the UK, this is the percentage in reduced participation in Leave-voting constituencies compared to the referendum in 2016:

The constituencies with the strongest support for Brexit had the lowest turn-out in the EU election.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ignoring the rest of your BS, this is the most ridiculously untrue thing I've read in a while. And I read Trump's Twitter feed lol You really need your head pulling from your arsehole.
    Explain the rise of this man then. His party has no domestic policy and yet will smash those parties which do tonight.

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Len Mccluskey is already on the radio losing his shit claiming that the Labour party members don't want a PV/2ndR.

If he's angry now, lord help him in just over 3 hours.
    Where does Len think the money's going to come from after we Brexit?

The people he represents will be poorer as a result.

Unite do some good work, but the man's a fool.