View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Can't miss a chance to put BoJo in front of a camera and watch him bloviate I guess? I agree though, it's a travesty.
    Yep, but you know what's worrying? No matter how much the moronic, sperm-haired, morally-bankrupt, detestable slug bloviates, it won't stop Daily Mail-reading racist nans from creaming themselves at the sight of him. These are the people who will decide the UK's next PM. And the irony is that his fellow Tory MPS detest him: but there's nothing they can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    a no deal brexit is a moderate brexit. What's wrong with dealing with them the same as any other 3rd country? We save 39 bn, control our borders, no backstop problems etc etc So many upsides and it could be done tomorrow.
    Good Friday Agreement says hi

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Yep, but you know what's worrying? No matter how much the moronic, sperm-haired, morally-bankrupt, detestable slug bloviates, it won't stop Daily Mail-reading racist nans from creaming themselves at the sight of him. These are the people who will decide the UK's next PM. And the irony is that his fellow Tory MPS detest him: but there's nothing they can do about it.
    As I've understood it they COULD eliminate BoJo from the running before the final two are presented to the party members - That said they might be too scared of the repercussions.

Somewhat. It's like Gobble is saying though. It will be the Parliamentary Party that does the voting untill only 2 candidates are left. It's going to be a super useful tool in finding out who the genuine malefactors are in the Conservative Party if we ever get those data sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Good Friday Agreement says hi
    And to this day there's no solution to the Irish border that satisfies the people there. Regardless of Brexit type.

While not brexit related

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48441344

Bercow has confirmed he's staying on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Somewhat. It's like Gobble is saying though. It will be the Parliamentary Party that does the voting untill only 2 candidates are left. It's going to be a super useful tool in finding out who the genuine malefactors are in the Conservative Party if we ever get those data sets.
    Ahh, but that’s assuming Tory grassroots don’t force through the much-vaunted change to the leadership election rules to ensure their favourite is not excluded from the ballot paper. I thought this was pretty much a given. Or is it too late now?

Ha. In which case, true to form, I would suggest that BJ will flip and publicly declare as pro-compromise, win a place on the ballot paper, then flip back.

And if that’s too fanciful, my predictions would be:

Raab & Gove

Raab winning.

7+ Year Old Account
    We need more unbiased news in the UK and across the EU to show exactly why we are, and others should be, leaving. Something like this from Fox News yesterday as Tucker Carlson interviews the next UK PM should do it...

How come Americans are allowed to see the truth and call the EU what it is, yet you never see it done on the UK news? Yet still the Brexit party wins bigly, imagine if we had a proper news service here too....

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You'll excuse me if I don't bite this particular low hanging fruit.
    Low hanging?
    It is practically underground.
    Pomme de terre, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by fathaswaop View Post
    Additionally you clearly would like a second referendum, which is explicitly anti-democratic and extra-parliamentary, at least until the first one is implemented.
    So if ever a winning vote is cast for something impossible democracy stops existing, because nothing can democratically reverse the decision until it is successfully implemented?
    Thank you for demonstrating the kind of deep insights into these matters that lead your reasoning, burner.

Oh BoJo going to court regarding the 350mill lie
    Last edited by Crispin; 2019-05-29 at 10:44 AM.

Yes. That is how democracy works.

You do not have any special insight that allows you to ignore a democratic mandate. You have a selection of poorly conceived post-hoc rationalizations which are extremely dangerous: all of them could be used to justify tyranny and dictatorship.
    No, this is how you define "democracy" if you want it to fail.
    What you are doing is creating a perversion of democracy that is only fit to "prove" that democracy does not, in fact, work.
    That is really no different from what Farage is trying to pull.

If you find out something is impossible to implement, you have to have the ability to ask the elctorate how to proceed, otherwise you will get stuck, eventually.
    Obviously you cannot simply ignore the mandate without repercussions, but you can return it.
    In this case I'd say it would mean that the parliament that took it upon itself to assume the responsibility to implement the mandate for Brexit would have to resign, but that is a decision that really is up to the sovereign of the UK to decide (which is, ironically, the parliament; not the elcorate and not the Queen.).

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. That is how democracy works.
    Democracy not working is how democracy works.

What a well thought-out answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Oh BoJo going to court regarding the 350mill lie
    The stop Boris campaign in full flow. Desperate.

Ultimately a mistake by remainers though, the truth will out...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

We need more unbiased news in the UK and across the EU to show exactly why we are, and others should be, leaving. Something like this from Fox News yesterday as Tucker Carlson interviews the next UK PM should do it...

How come Americans are allowed to see the truth and call the EU what it is, yet you never see it done on the UK news? Yet still the Brexit party wins bigly, imagine if we had a proper news service here too....

Taking Tucker Carlson seriously are we? That guy got verbally destroyed by a dutchie not terrible long ago.

The stop Boris campaign in full flow. Desperate.

Ultimately a mistake by remainers though, the truth will out...
    What truth? That he’s full of shit? This case was brought to court before Mays resignation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Taking Tucker Carlson seriously are we? That guy got verbally destroyed by a dutchie not terrible long ago.
    He gets 3 million viewers, anyone spreading the truth about what the EU is to that many people is a good guy in my book. He should be broadcast EU wide...

Of course that wouldn't be allowed here in the EUSSR, the establishment would have him and people who tell the truth, like Boris, in court.

No matter, Boris is innocent! https://boris2020.org/

You kind of proved my point. You agree with Rory more than I agree with Corbyn, who I'm virtually certain to vote for.

In any case your example is fatuous as Rory's voting record is determined largely by what the whips tell him to vote for, not what he would actually do as leader.
    I agree with Rory's voting record on e.g., LGBT equal rights... you don't?

Honestly, please do us all a favour and book a one way ticket to Venezuela. Join the revolution. You may even have the opportunity to fight some Yanks soon.

I think you, and remainers in general, do not understand how dangerous the precedent you are setting is, which extends far beyond Brexit.
    Your views are simply not rational or logical.

You've just drawn parallels between having a second referendum and a military coup.

What's your view of a healthy "democracy"? The electorate makes a decision. Then what, it's not allowed to change its mind for a given length of time? 5 years? 10 years? 50?

The UK elects a Labour government - I'm sure it'd suit them very much if he then changed the fixed term parliament act to, what, a good millennia or so.

You're as bad as Dribbles.

Then what, it's not allowed to change its mind for a given length of time? 5 years? 10 years? 50?
    I do think the argument that "Not until after the decision is actually implemented" makes for a pretty solid counter to the "How long before Democracies should be allowed to change their minds" argument, and I say that as someone who very much wants the nation (at least those parts of it that voted leave) to change it's mind.

I'm really sorry if I've jumped in and misunderstood the context of your remark it's been a weird day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.